A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 99 100 101
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2015-10-04 14:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it can be any skillchain chart- just pick whatever your favorite one is/was regardless of how up to date it is.

Lists are scientifically-proven to be a poor way of memorizing relationships- at least for most people anyways. Obviously if you've already memorized it one way, you should just keep doing it that way- but if you're starting from zero, a schematic diagram is almost certainly going to the better bet.

If I had to take a wild guess, Orean is an approximately 22 year old male. That means there's a ~48.1% chance that he's an image-based learner and only a ~17% chance that he's a verbal/written-type learner.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-10-04 18:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Does anybody know our max regen potency as of now?

Regen V base is 40HP/tic, with Light Arts up, it's base is 64HP/tic
Bookworm Cape max augment gives +10
Each Telchine piece with max Regen Potency augment gives +3/piece
Bolelabunga give Regen +10%
Arbatel Bonnet +1 gives Regen+15, which I assume is Potency+15, but I may be wrong.

If you choose to go 3/5 on Telchine, and use the hand slot for Perpetuance bonus, that would equal
64+10+9+15=98
98+10%(club)= 107HP/tic

I may be wrong on Arbatel Bonnet +1 bonus. I haven't paid that close attention.

Also, if Tabula Rasa is up, you get an extra 12 HP/tic.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-04 18:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Everybody using Bolelabunga and +regen Telchine for Regen?
If I had money/time/patience/invspace I'd go with double telchine, but chosing to limit myself to a single one I went with the Enh duration, since I can use it on a wider range of buffs.

For Bolelabunga vs Coeus I have a trigger on a hotkey so I can set wether I want more duration or slightly more potency
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-04 18:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

25, but impressively close. Thanks to everybody for the chain lists and graphics. For some reason I'm able to know SC properties of weapon skills at the drop of a hat but can never remember the elements involved in them for spells. Much appreciated for the help.

Alright, now I need to decide between regen potency or enhancing duration telchine. Unfortunately, I don't have the space for both. If we ever get a second wardrobe, I'll be very happy.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-10-04 18:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I am using +Duration Telchine for everything but hat. It lines up pretty well with buffed up Haste, Storm II and Phalanx to wear around the same timeframe.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-10-04 18:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Everybody using Bolelabunga and +regen Telchine for Regen?
If I had money/time/patience/invspace I'd go with double telchine, but chosing to limit myself to a single one I went with the Enh duration, since I can use it on a wider range of buffs.

For Bolelabunga vs Coeus I have a trigger on a hotkey so I can set wether I want more duration or slightly more potency
Some do. Personally, I go 3/5 with Enhancing Duration when Light Arts is active and I'm able to use hands slot for Arbatel Bracers +1, and Arbatel Bonnet +1, and 4/5 Enhancing Duration when Dark Arts is up and I can't use Perpetuance.

With Light Arts/Perpetuance, it's nice to have Regen V last 7min:45sec (I don't use Coeus, due to never swapping Tupsumati out)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-10-04 19:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I do kinda the same, but I only have 3/5 duration pieces. +10, +10, +8.
I keep the hands free in case I want to Perpetuance, and Head for Regen hat.
Works great for all other enhancing magic too of course, which is why it's an inventory saver and I why I went this route instead of making multiple ones (one with duration, one with potency)

I'd have to check with the new timers thing how long my Regen5 lasts when I use Coeus, but I think it's over 8 mins. It's pretty hot if you ask me :D
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-10-04 19:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea. Plus I love that other Enhancing Spells, like storms, haste, and such, last close to 10 minutes long.

Now if only Klimaform counted as an Enhancing spell. :/
[+]
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-10-20 08:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll likely never finish this the way i intended because i barely play so as is;
http://pastebin.com/bNdmAdTg

1. /Windower/Addons/Schillchain/Schillchain.lua
2. //lua l schillchain
3. Select element, first 4 letters of a skillchain; //sch deto
4. //sch start
5. //sch end
6. Optional; //sch opentier #(1-5)
7. Optional; //sch closetier #(1-5)
8. All skillchains are the first 4 letters of the name, if theres a variation of the skillchain then the first variation will add a 1 to the end of the name, and so on. You can find a list in the file somewhere to find out exactly what the variations are in the event you need to avoid a certain element.
[+]
 Bahamut.Foreverj
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-20 13:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

How are scholar getting theirs job points? Is it slow? Seems like 1200 is a must for soloing hard stuff.
By BlaTheTaru 2015-10-20 13:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

550 isn't even a must. Though not sure what your definition of hard stuff is. I solo kamhir drifts without my 550. Best thing to do is hop in an apex mob party and nuke off skill chains.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-10-20 14:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
How are scholar getting theirs job points? Is it slow? Seems like 1200 is a must for soloing hard stuff.
Sch sch geo (another mage that can MB) and go do non-stop skillchain mb on apex mobs, pending on gearing level, can do any of the 126-130 gates areas or the higher tier ones 131+ in woh/inner raz. Once you get 550 gifts you can really speed it up. Without double campaign 48% cape and at around 800 worth of gifts it should be around 80 jps an hour. Campaign makes it ludicrous.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-10-20 14:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Loire said: »
Sch sch geo blm and go do non-stop skillchain mb on apex mobs, pending on gearing level, can do any of the 126-130 gates areas or the higher tier ones 131+ in woh/inner raz. Once you get 550 gifts you can really speed it up. Without double campaign 48% cape and at around 800 worth of gifts it should be around 80 jps an hour. Campaign makes it ludicrous.

How do people prevent the mob from killing a Mage? Land Gravity? So two scholars just skillchain with immanence? And cast a high tier spell fit magic burst?
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2015-10-20 14:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sch sch geo blm and go do non-stop skillchain mb on apex mobs, pending on gearing level, can do any of the 126-130 gates areas or the higher tier ones 131+ in woh/inner raz. Once you get 550 gifts you can really speed it up. Without double campaign 48% cape and at around 800 worth of gifts it should be around 80 jps an hour. Campaign makes it ludicrous.

How do people prevent the mob from killing a Mage? Land Gravity? So two scholars just skillchain with immanence? And cast a high tier spell fit magic burst?
Regen 5, Phalanx, pdt set in idle, aquaveil to avoid interupts.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-10-20 14:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to go NIN and be both the tank and self-skillchainer for the nukers.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-20 14:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sch sch geo (another mage that can MB) and go do non-stop skillchain mb on apex mobs, pending on gearing level, can do any of the 126-130 gates areas or the higher tier ones 131+ in woh/inner raz. Once you get 550 gifts you can really speed it up. Without double campaign 48% cape and at around 800 worth of gifts it should be around 80 jps an hour. Campaign makes it ludicrous.

This sounds like it's only possible for top 5% of players.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-10-20 14:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

550 is pretty necessary if you want to consistently chain and get insane exp, but it's certainly doable without 550s. you can bring a PLD too (i'm sure there are plenty of PLDs who need jps) to tank the mobs, and their magic evasion isn't particularly high too, so food/storms is probably enough to not resist. i was almost never resisting without even using languor or focus. mobs will die in 1 sc still np with a party of nukers, even if they don't have amazing gear
[+]
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-20 14:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the difference in CP between 128 and 131+ mobs that large? Not sure how you're getting 80/hr. Was doing 128 Apex mobs in Moh Gates the other day and had 2 under 550 SCHs. We were still doing constant SCs with each SC killing a mob, but didn't even break 30/hr. I was only using rings, all CP bonuses from RoE, but no cor. However, I only have 100 JP on my BLM.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-10-20 15:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know what level the Erucas in Moh Gates are, but with NIN GEO SCH BLM BRD/COR Kupofried I was getting about 65/hr with up to the 655 CP gift and a 48% back while the SCH who had all but the last CP gift was getting around 80-85; don't remember exactly where in that range he said he was getting nor what % Mecist. Cape he has.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2015-10-20 15:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Is the difference in CP between 128 and 131+ mobs that large? Not sure how you're getting 80/hr. Was doing 128 Apex mobs in Moh Gates the other day and had 2 under 550 SCHs. We were still doing constant SCs with each SC killing a mob, but didn't even break 30/hr. I was only using rings, all CP bonuses from RoE, but no cor. However, I only have 100 JP on my BLM.
Level and the difference in gifts from 100 to 800+, our lower gift character that was leeching only saw 50 or so jp, with no RoV and nearly none of the RoE done.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-10-20 15:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference between 100 and 800 JP is 160% CP, or >capacity+trizek permanently combined so it's not really a wonder that you were only getting 30 JP/hr vs 80.

Also I think the mobs do have some sort of considerable difference in EXP, I remember being really impressed by the amount of EXP Loire was getting from mobs in Woh Gates, don't remember seeing numbers like that off of mobs in Moh Gates.
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2015-10-20 16:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
The difference between 100 and 800 JP is 160% CP, or >capacity+trizek permanently combined so it's not really a wonder that you were only getting 30 JP/hr vs 80.

Also I think the mobs do have some sort of considerable difference in EXP, I remember being really impressed by the amount of EXP Loire was getting from mobs in Woh Gates, don't remember seeing numbers like that off of mobs in Moh Gates.
That and when I did the same camp with the same setup under 550 gifts for the strats, I would be blowing through charges and be waiting on the recast. After 550 with only haste I usually am only waiting on blizz/thunder V recasts. It felt like a night and day difference in the speed. If I had to estimate, since that was done during double campaign, around 52 an hour with a cor and extra geo in party.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-10-20 16:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Level and the difference in gifts from 100 to 800+, our lower gift character that was leeching only saw 50 or so jp, with no RoV and nearly none of the RoE done.

At 1200 JP w/ cor roll and 48% cape plus a few of the RoE done (missing 20%) I was getting 22,000 CP a kill or so - no rings. My character at 400 JP was getting about 10,000 CP a kill. Would have been getting about 96% CP bonus from gifts at that time.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-10-20 17:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone who prefers to do things solo-duo and really dislikes Apex PTs I did mine in Woh Gates map 2. G-8 there is a large camp of Acuex and Twitherym. You should be able to infinite chain off Acuex easy enough and they die in 1-2 nukes. You can also kill Twitherym but they aren't easy to nuke down, can duo with a melee to kill them if you want. The EXP really wasn't that much worse than Apex and you didn't have to commit yourself to a PT or actually pay attention.
 Odin.Terren
By Odin.Terren 2015-10-22 17:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
As someone who prefers to do things solo-duo and really dislikes Apex PTs I did mine in Woh Gates map 2. G-8 there is a large camp of Acuex and Twitherym. You should be able to infinite chain off Acuex easy enough and they die in 1-2 nukes. You can also kill Twitherym but they aren't easy to nuke down, can duo with a melee to kill them if you want. The EXP really wasn't that much worse than Apex and you didn't have to commit yourself to a PT or actually pay attention.

You can also just solo apex mobs! Doh gates has crabs and jagil, throw out some trusts (I like August for tanking, Ulegore and Teodore for MBs, whatever support you like), and make some Fragmentation SCs and MB off them. A good MB set helps, the XP/CP campaign obviously helps, and the Trust campaign where they have extra HP is a big winner too. A meaty helix and a couple MB'd T5s and they go down a treat. Good idea to watch your tank's TP though, August just loves to ruin SCs and MB windows.

Whether this 'competes' with soloing non-apex mobs is questionable, I just found it a bit of fun to break up the sometimes-monotonous chain-spamming of acuex. And yeah it's not gonna be as fast as doing it with a party or a trio, but it fills the time and it's a bit of a challenge and enjoyable.
 Bahamut.Cdubs
user: Cdublov
By Bahamut.Cdubs 2015-10-27 09:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »
Sylph.Oraen said: »
Would anybody mind sharing a solid GS file? I'm currently using the base file from github and it works decently, but it's missing quite a few options I need, such as MB sets/toggle and WS sets. As I'm woefully inept at writing Gearswap files, I'm afraid I'm looking for a bit of help, if possible.
Root file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByGS22kY0-SpZ0N0VkcxMlpvZzg
Gear sidecar: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByGS22kY0-SpN0Rrc3RaU1hvNE0

I am not great with gearswap, do you just put both of these files in the data folder both named SCH.lua? Or do they have to be named something different?
 Asura.Miizuki
user: Miizuki
By Asura.Miizuki 2015-11-01 10:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey,

I'm trying to work on my helix and Kaustra set and I would like to have some help since I can't really see some up to date set, I have been looking a bit around but did not see any.

Thing is, I'm not really sure if I should use AF3 head for ebullience or Pixie hairpin or helios band with 10 MB dmg since I'm also using them only in MB.

For Helix I'm using this:
ItemSet 339039

And Kaustra I'm using this:
ItemSet 339038

I was also wondering if it was better to use Noctohelix since it can benefit from Archon ring/Pixie hairpin or is it better to use any other helix depending on the day with ebu AF3 head or Helios band?

And about Noctohelix, Is there a way to MB it solo? Since Gravitation is Aero > Noctohelix I don't see any way to make a SC where you could use Noctohelix as a MB solo.

Sorry for these question if they seem a bit useless, just came back recently and trying to gear back up my sch the best I could.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-11-01 10:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say it's better to use the helix based on the day. It's too much of a hassle to try to MB Noctohelix. 2 ways you could do it are: (1) Aero > Noctohelix = MB Noctohelix II or (2) Aero > Impact (it does work for immanence) = MB Noctohelix.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-11-01 11:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone give me general idea of how to skillchain on scholar? Most of my sets on black Mage can carry over to scholar. I see the skillchain chart and a little confused but it. What's the skillchain people general uses? Does each element works best for certain spells? Like for example does immanence stone immanence stone and you magic burst thunder? Is first magic burst a helix spell for damage over time? Thanks in advance.
 Shiva.Tilanna
user: Tilanna
By Shiva.Tilanna 2015-11-01 11:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Miizuki said: »
For Helix I'm using this:

Helixes always get the full effect of day/weather without Obis, so you can swap that out of your helix set for something else.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 99 100 101