Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Ranged Attack Delay Reduction
Ranged Attack Delay Reduction
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-07-24 06:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So what is it they actually did to ranged attack? Removing the constant load time to 0 just like throwing weapon?
 Odin.Drgg
Server: Odin
user: Seravolk
By Odin.Drgg 2012-07-24 06:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They all but removed the "You must wait longer to do that" after each ranged attack.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-24 06:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

How much shorter is the wait time? Completely gone?
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-07-24 06:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You meant they removed the constant time reloading penalty, then?

Did they mess around with the ranged delay itself?
 Odin.Drgg
Server: Odin
user: Seravolk
By Odin.Drgg 2012-07-24 06:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
How much shorter is the wait time? Completely gone?
It's all but gone, as in you can't spam /ra and have it perma-shoot, but you no longer have to wait 1-2 seconds after a Ja or WS or RA to shoot again.
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2012-07-24 09:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically you can shoot again right about the time the animation has you putting the weapon in your back pocket. I didnt have much time to play with it, but ranger just got nasty again.

I went rng/war and let myself almost die and used machine xbow with bloody bolts and refilled my hp in roughly 30 seconds (boyhowdy tree crawlers+) so thats 1000hp + incoming dmg.

Annihilator is definitley something i enjoyed. Though i didt get to do a group or vw, i can see where coronach is going to be so much nicer to use over last stand in some situations.

The only downside is ammo. The unavailability of adaman makes them expensive as hell, and the alternatives keep you from shining as bright. Gandiva should be fun also, but you might as well just let the ws land on youself, because once aftermath is engaged, youre ***. Its gonna cost 3x as much to play rng... But i don't care.. Ill farm dyna once per day to pay for ammo.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-07-24 15:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

farming adamantoises in gustav tunnel isn't tooooo bad if can get a DD+THF, averaged an ore every 8 or so kills. Can solo on THF too ofc but yeah, they are quite defensive naturally, not too bad though

But yea we often taking 3-4 relic RNGs to Odin v2, and the difference in kill speed from previous kills was quite incredible last night. This adjustment ftfw
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-07-24 15:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

try spamming akupara! did 36 one night for cape, and friend ended up with around 52 adaman ore
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-07-24 15:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

how many are needed for him now? and jesus, 36 lul
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-07-24 15:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

How in the hell did you get people to spam that guy, lol.
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-07-24 15:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

only takes 3-4 people

scuta cape, for anyone trying to max out their regen build.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-07-24 19:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm interesting. I may have to try that, but I'm afraid once you run out of voidstones it's probably not worth it since you're paying for voiddust at that point. The turtles in gustav aren't bad. I was able to get 6/hour with just BLU TH + sash. Gonna just go /thf next time as I didn't really need convert with my RDM mule. I'm sure someone will be there farming them though since I posted about it . . . seems to always be the case.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-07-24 19:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Turtles in Gustav drop Adaman Ore? /woah
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-07-25 18:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

sweet, i can wait to try this with my xbow ;o
[+]
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-07-26 23:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm... crossbow will actually get the highest dps boost then bow then gun, if that 2.9s constant delay gone.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-07-29 14:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
I'm sure someone will be there farming them though since I posted about it . . . seems to always be the case.
See you there, Helel! :P
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-07-29 16:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gaspee said: »
I'm sure someone will be there farming them though since I posted about it . . . seems to always be the case.

Yeah man. Some retard on our server is buying all the ingots for 200k . . . seriously wtf. I found out that the ingots drop from the small gold chests in misareaux/vunkerl/attohwa too (like the full ingot, not just ores). Seems pretty rare though, but ~64 amber is the way to go. Don't get the big chests or you'll only get o ingots.

I remember the ores dropping from ule/grauberg/altepa also but I thought the drop rate was pretty poor. This is assuming some sort of cleave method. Maybe someone can speak to this, otherwise I'm gonna go try it out later.

I did BLU charged whisker burning. CFH on current target to prevent azure from building and go to town.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-07-29 16:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, 200k... freaking unreal...
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-07-29 17:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gaspee said: »

Yeah man. Some retard on our server is buying all the ingots for 200k . . . seriously wtf. I found out that the ingots drop from the small gold chests in misareaux/vunkerl/attohwa too (like the full ingot, not just ores). Seems pretty rare though, but ~64 amber is the way to go. Don't get the big chests or you'll only get o ingots.

I remember the ores dropping from ule/grauberg/altepa also but I thought the drop rate was pretty poor. This is assuming some sort of cleave method. Maybe someone can speak to this, otherwise I'm gonna go try it out later.

I did BLU charged whisker burning. CFH on current target to prevent azure from building and go to town.

Yea. I noticed the ingots at 200k last night. Quickly bought the few ore that were on the AH, so I can at least get one stack, hopefully 3 for cheap
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-07-29 17:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Does that still work after dream flowering or will all mobs slept cfh as well.
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-08-03 12:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You only receive lights for killing claimed mobs. Seeing as the "claimed" mob is cfh no lights get generated.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-08-03 15:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah had a brain fart, can obviously cfh your target mob before aoe sleeping.