The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 156 157 158
 Asura.Hoshiku
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-30 05:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure the agi will go above 7 per piece. It goes up to rank 15 and by the looks of some other stuff at rank 15 my guess is 10 per piece.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-30 13:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
The augments on pursuer's beret are a big letdown btw. At rank 7 your options were:
A - AGI 6, rapid shot 6, subtle blow 4
B - DEX 4, AGI 6, recycle 7
C - HP 28, acc 12, atk 7
D - r atk 7, enm -3, subtle blow 4

I always hate it when the put subtle blow on our gear. :x

I dunno, I always kind of look at subtle blow as "it was this or nothing". I just accept it as a very minor bonus tossed on there that I wouldn't really miss if it was gone.

And really, every path listed above as one barely better than "useless" stat: Subtle Blow on A and D, DEX on B, and HP on C.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-05-30 13:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

some1 posted Eschan Stone in their set and i cant find what drops it. can anyone let mr know?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2015-05-30 13:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I made these (mostly out of boredom) since people have been asking for max sets (career cors):

Leaden Salute:
ItemSet 335617
Taeon augmented with +20 Magic Attack Bonus, +3% Weaponskill Damage, +8% Recycle (ideally). Eschan Stone when you can't get weather or day bonus.

Wildfire:
ItemSet 335618
Taeon augmented with +20 Magic Attack Bonus, +3% Weaponskill Damage, +8% Recycle (ideally).Eschan Stone when you can't get weather or day bonus.

Last Stand:
ItemSet 335621
Path B or D are great for the Pursuer's set. I'm leaning towards Path D but Recycle and Agi from B is nice.

Max Ranged Accuracy:
ItemSet 335619
Chass. Frac +1 when Triple Shot is active.

Quick Draw:
ItemSet 335623
Taeon augmented with +20 Magic Attack Bonus. Eschan Stone when you can't get weather or day bonus. Zodiac Ring for the correct corresponding day. If you do have 550 gift then you have to decide whether to swap Taeon Chapeau instead of Blood Mask or Mirke Wardecors for Rawhide Vest since we are currently capped at 35s. The glitch has been reported thanks to Suteru.

Marked Gorget drops from Aglaophotis T1 NM. Eschan Stone drops from Urmahlulu T3 NM.

Shout out to Chroph for the Last Stand set and Hoshiku for the NM listing. Biggiest to Seha!
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-30 13:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Eschan stone comes from the behe style T3 in escha, Urmahlulu.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-30 13:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't made any updates to the guide cause we don't know full augments for Escha gear.

edit: and I don't wanna make multiple updates..
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2015-05-30 13:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, this was made out of boredom lol. BG has been slowly updating the augment section: Nolan.
 Asura.Rodolfo
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-05-30 15:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Feast Hose doesn't beat Pursuer's Pants for Racc, even un-augmented.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-30 16:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I think taeon boots are going to beat pursuer's gaiters for max racc as well (27 racc and 43 agi vs 20 racc and 39 agi - there is no racc path on pursuers unless it's unique to feet).

edit: which it is! Rng.Acc.+10, Rapid Shot+10, Recycle+15 - interesting set of augments (at least there's no subtle blow on that one)
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2015-05-30 16:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I kept feast hose for the Recycle and Store TP (personal preference). I should have clarified that the Taeon gear is augmented for magic sets. I guess you can get another pair and augment them for r.acc but then you lose -enmity which can become an issue if you are low-manning things.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-30 17:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, I'm up to 4 sets of Taeon gear now. I'm pretty sure some are up to more than that :X.

Also, I think the only place cor needs -enmity at the moment is in their roll set (and any time you pop a JA). Even lowman you shouldn't be pulling hate too much from shooting and leaden is hateless. I guess it might become an issue if you're spamming last stand.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Server: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-05-30 17:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyren said: »
Quick Draw:

Small correction: Zodiac ring on days matching shot too!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2015-05-30 17:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, I'm up to 4 sets of Taeon gear now. I'm pretty sure some are up to more than that :X.

Also, I think the only place cor needs -enmity at the moment is in their roll set (and any time you pop a JA). Even lowman you shouldn't be pulling hate too much from shooting and leaden is hateless. I guess it might become an issue if you're spamming last stand.

Lol. I'm too lazy to farm / figure out how to differiate then within macrosets. The thing that gets me in trouble is AM3 with Triple Shot.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-05-30 22:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Even lowman you shouldn't be pulling hate too much from shooting and leaden is hateless.

i've not heard this about Leaden Salute, when did we find this out? can u link it?
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-30 22:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's just very low enmity then? I thought someone said hateless, but maybe it was only equivalent hate to a ranged attack.

Edit: google doesn't find a reference for it, but I know I heard somewhere that leaden was very low hate (and from spamming it that seems true).
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-05-30 22:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm i never heard that on leaden salute and when i drop a 3k tp LS on mobs it usually takes and interest in me. Wildfire has lower enmity properties that could be what you are thinking of, WF lowers enmity with more tp.
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-05-30 22:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's just very low enmity then? I thought someone said hateless, but maybe it was only equivalent hate to a ranged attack.

Edit: google doesn't find a reference for it, but I know I heard somewhere that leaden was very low hate (and from spamming it that seems true).

I don't know if there's anything specific for Leaden lending it lower enmity, but being a magical WS, it only generates enmity based on it's base damage, as all magical WSs do. MAB, affinity bonuses, etc won't effect the amount of hate that these build.

It took more digging than I liked to find a citation but here we go.

BGwiki said:
Also, in the case of Magical-type Weapon Skills, the "Damage Dealt" is the damage the weaponskill would do without the dSTAT or multipliers like Magic Attack Bonus, Day/Weather Bonus, Staff Bonus, or Magic Affinity.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-05-31 14:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone please help me figure out why the ElementalObi/ElementalRing parts aren't working in my GS?

http://pastebin.com/p4EBXVS1

The equipment slots end up switching, but only to the "default" non-day/weather enhanced state.

I have all the Mote files in gearswap/libs, but I still haven't been able to figure out why it isn't working.

I don't have the all-in-one obi, but that doesn't explain why the ring isn't working either.
 Asura.Rodolfo
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-06-01 15:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »
Can someone please help me figure out why the ElementalObi/ElementalRing parts aren't working in my GS?

The equipment slots end up switching, but only to the "default" non-day/weather enhanced state.

I have all the Mote files in gearswap/libs, but I still haven't been able to figure out why it isn't working.

I don't have the all-in-one obi, but that doesn't explain why the ring isn't working
Asura.Suteru said: »

I don't have the all-in-one obi, but that doesn't explain why the ring isn't working either.

I will take a look at this again when I get off work tonight. I'm pretty sure the problem is in the library and not the lua.
 Asura.Rodolfo
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-06-01 15:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for that weird post, I'm on my phone at work. Looked at the txt pastebin and didn't see any rules for day/weather leading me to believe it's contained within one of most includes/libs and need to be updated. Unfortunately, as far as I know, he stopped playing and does not update his gearswap tools anymore. Although his stuff is exceptional, I don't recommend anyone to use it for exactly this reason. I've been using Bokura's original lua for corsair since the beginning of gearswap and it's a great lua. Complete self contained so it can be updated/fixed as needed.

Unfortunately, I cano offer you any real help. Sorry.
 Asura.Rodolfo
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-06-01 16:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This might seen like a stupid question from me, but does anyone have specific details or test results indicating macc effect on Leaden Salute, WF, or QD? I'm thinking of reaugmenting my teaon from Mab to mab/macc. Thanks.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-01 16:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Testing macc is tough. But agi would be far more convenient anyway since it adds both accuracy and damage.

@Suteru: honestly you'd have better luck presenting your issue in the gearswap threads of the windower section, I don't know how to help you.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-06-01 16:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried other places, but I guess it's time to move on. I liked the accuracy and Luzaf's toggles in Mote's stuff, but I guess I'll have to figure out a way to implement that in a new LUA.
 Asura.Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-06-01 16:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

While testing macc is tough wouldn't 15 macc probably outperform the extra 5 mab on most high end content? It's not like you can drop macc for agi unless you're talking about using something other than taeon for hands legs and feet at that point?
 Odin.Nogara
Server: Odin
user: Aragon
By Odin.Nogara 2015-06-01 17:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I started leveling BST, and came across something that seems odd.

For BST's Sic/Ready command, apparently anything with -ready recast only has to be in your precast part of the lua, and then in the midcast of the lua you can change to an offensive piece of gear.

Makes me wonder about QD. Has anyone tested lately if you can have Mirke/Blood Mask in the precast then switch and still get the bonus?

I don't see why SE would have it 2 different ways when they're both labelled the exact same way, you'd think they would work the exact same way.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-01 17:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone said so in the past, but I don't think it was ever reached an agreement about whether it worked or not. People argued for pages I remember.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-01 17:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Might be a bit tough, even with GS, to swap the pieces. Shots are practically instant, whereas ready moves you have a couple seconds before they go off.
[+]
 Asura.Rodolfo
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-06-01 18:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

While testing macc is tough wouldn't 15 macc probably outperform the extra 5 mab on most high end content? It's not like you can drop macc for agi unless you're talking about using something other than taeon for hands legs and feet at that point?

15Macc wouldn't outperform if ws/abilities are not enhance by macc, which why knowing the equations to damage effects are important.

I was looking over the Leaden and WF formulas and started thinkin if AGI-mINT is a negative value, that would indicate your resist range. However, when playing I do notice a difference when I have, say, indifocus/geolangour on what I am fighting. It's unfortunate that macc isn't represented Cleary in the equation. If my suspicion is correct, it would be much more advantageous to stack AGI on WS until you clear the INT of what your fighting before stacking MAB/mDMG (which is usually better than stacking AGI anyways).

This is mostly just me being curious, I was just asking if maybe someone else was thinking about this and tested it. Thanks.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-06-01 18:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Macc is as the name implies just accuracy, that's why it's not in the formula...it's a check against magic evasion to establish resist rate. AGI and skill increase it as well.

Agi is a double purpose stat for both acc and dmg, while mab is dmg only but 2.5 times stronger.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wizkid
user: Wizkid
By Quetzalcoatl.Wizkid 2015-06-01 22:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi! I'm also a returning COR, and I'm using the popular one everyone seems to reference found here:

https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/blob/master/COR.lua

In game, if I type "/con gs equip <pdt>" it tells me the set doesn't exist, but I (I think) see it right there in the .lua file. How does one equip a single set when they choose to?
First Page 2 3 ... 77 78 79 ... 156 157 158