The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 156 157 158
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2014-11-09 08:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

did someone check out the old Evolith / hunt system if there are any augments worth it for older gear ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Suteru
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Suteru
By Quetzalcoatl.Suteru 2014-11-09 12:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fabiano said: »
did someone check out the old Evolith / hunt system if there are any augments worth it for older gear ?

If I remember correctly, Evolith/Hunt was 100% ***and not worth it even in its prime.

Also, as someone who has focused mainly on QD/LS/WF gear, I think I'm going to choose the snapshot ring, just because it makes up for my lackluster /ra set.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-11-09 13:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Suteru said: »

If I remember correctly, Evolith/Hunt was 100% ***and not worth it even in its prime.

Also, as someone who has focused mainly on QD/LS/WF gear, I think I'm going to choose the snapshot ring, just because it makes up for my lackluster /ra set.

Well the evolith system was epic for the weapons that were made for it the polearm got something like ws acc+10 abd ws crit+6 which was huge for back then.

The question about the gear is a no its not worth it since none of the pieces have the stat vomit of ilvl gear.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2014-11-09 14:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Back at 75, this was pretty beast of a gun.

OnTopic: I'm taking Haverton since it can be used on both Cor + Rng
 Carbuncle.Jiyoh
Server: Carbuncle
user: Jiyoh
By Carbuncle.Jiyoh 2014-11-09 16:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a "Alternative" PDT set for noobish COR like myself?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-09 16:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Iuitl stuff(gets pdt with any augment). If you can't do skirmish then just use the highest def ilvl gear you have. It's no longer worth it to use old stuff such as Darksteel cause the def is too low on those.
[+]
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2014-11-09 18:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

For melee TP, in what situations are you guys having Qaaxo path A leggings outperform path C? I'm geared similarly to what's outlined in the guide, and I consistently have path C beating path A in any realistic situation on the spreadsheets. The only time it's not is when fSTR is capped (via Boost STR). I see path A is recommended for COR melee TP, but most of the time I would opt for path C.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-11-10 07:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Path B ftw!
By Ramyrez 2014-11-10 08:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else having a case of ring reconsideration with the revelation that Vocane is -7% DT rather than -3% DT2?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-10 08:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
By Ramyrez 2014-11-10 09:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
No.

Guess the thing for me atm is that the rings have an initial shock value of "oh holy ***those are awesome", but when you examine them they begin to lose their luster as the stat mixes are just all wrong, imo.

Basically I can only see it coming down to snapshot, better-allocated damage taken, or WSD+3%.

None of which are nearly as exciting as they felt initially.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-10 12:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are heavily farming focused solo (dyna/salvage) and really love being on corsair as much as possible, Cor/Dnc with Chaac Belt and the SoA Gorney Ring will have TH2 at last.

Killshot after /dnc stagger in dyna with leaden salute is pretty damn efficient for chewing through stuff (yay double darkness anrin obi weather).
By Heimdel 2014-11-10 12:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Suteru said: »

Well the evolith system was epic for the weapons that were made for it the polearm got something like ws acc+10 abd ws crit+6 which was huge for back then.

The question about the gear is a no its not worth it since none of the pieces have the stat vomit of ilvl gear.

There is actually a really good rng for war that can get ga ws +25% tp or +25 tp forget which. the 25 should be 250tp now.
By Ramyrez 2014-11-10 12:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
If you are heavily farming focused solo (dyna/salvage) and really love being on corsair as much as possible, Cor/Dnc with Chaac Belt and the SoA Gorney Ring will have TH2 at last.

Killshot after /dnc stagger in dyna with leaden salute is pretty damn efficient for chewing through stuff (yay double darkness anrin obi weather).

The real question for me is of the items, which is going to provide the most benefit across my three jobs of choice (COR, SAM, RUN) as well as the job I'm stuck on a lot for the linkshell (RNG).

Currently it feels like the snapshot or WSD ring is going to be the best choice, especially with Death Penalty being not far off for me (hoping to finish by Christmas, at latest). Though with my abysmal luck on King Behemoth (we're talking 30+ Savory Shanks), the -7% DT ring is looking kind of sparkly.

At least with my mule I can just flat-out say "don't care about the rest, he needs the crafting ring". Easy choices ftw.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-10 12:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw aside from the ring reward only things that matter in this update for us are Bleating mantle(upgrade to Atheling), and Aurore beret+1 for snapshot.
Salire belt is a very relative upgrade to Aquiline for QD, 1 more mab but less acc.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-10 17:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Made my choice, got Haverton! :3 It's the scouts order afterall, it suits me just fine for characterization too!
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2014-11-10 19:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Made my choice, got Haverton! :3 It's the scouts order afterall, it suits me just fine for characterization too!

Is it helping your ranger as well?
By Ramyrez 2014-11-10 23:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I also caved and went with Haverton.

Lots of potential benefits for several jobs.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-11 05:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
For a while I had been playing only in threeway party, but now Scar has quit too so basically anything I'll ever do again in this game is solo only(namely finishing my mythic if I find the time). So I think it's pretty safe to say I'll never play rng again. Honestly I'm gearing my cor just cause it's my favourite job, but I probably won't do anything in game with it anymore.
Quitting for me is 7400 alexandrite and some trials away at this point *foreveralone*
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-11-11 07:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
For a while I had been playing only in threeway party, but now Scar has quit too so basically anything I'll ever do again in this game is solo only(namely finishing my mythic if I find the time). So I think it's pretty safe to say I'll never play rng again. Honestly I'm gearing my cor just cause it's my favourite job, but I probably won't do anything in game with it anymore.
Quitting for me is 7400 alexandrite and some trials away at this point *foreveralone*

Come to ragnarok! Need a COR so I can play BLU 8D
 Carbuncle.Jiyoh
By Carbuncle.Jiyoh 2014-11-11 07:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So i need to grab Haverton Ring to switch with which set now?
By fractalvoid 2014-11-11 07:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Jiyoh said: »
Preshot and high-accuracy midshot set.

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Come to ragnarok! Need a COR so I can play BLU 8D
You could also just play at normal people time :<
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-11 08:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Jiyoh said: »
Snapshot
High acc shooting(including high acc Last Stand)
Melee tp if delay not capped over Rajas
[+]
 Carbuncle.Jiyoh
By Carbuncle.Jiyoh 2014-11-11 08:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So i need to get rid of one of my Garuda Ring, and a Harjuk Ring
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-11-11 09:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

No, if your last stand accuracy is fine Garuda remains a superior ring, keep that one.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Jiyoh
By Carbuncle.Jiyoh 2014-11-11 09:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Sensei
 Carbuncle.Jiyoh
By Carbuncle.Jiyoh 2014-11-12 22:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

just got those for melee last stand

useable?
How can you get theses augments on Hgafrician? I only see those on the skirmish weapons V2
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-11-12 23:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

you get 3 augments, bgwiki's skirmish v2 weapon table lists the 1st 2 you usually get based on stone quality.

The 3rd augment is basically a random pool of things that includes weapon skill damage %
To get 5% wsd you pretty much have to throw +2 stones at it, since you usually get 1-3% wsd at best from +1 stone
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2014-11-13 07:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

in all the stones i used i had wsdmg +5% like 3 times . but all the others had lower base dmg and no range att / acc .

also my doomsday got mab +18 wsdmg +5% now .
had mab/macc +12 before
 Carbuncle.Jiyoh
By Carbuncle.Jiyoh 2014-11-14 11:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Still i aim for the Mythic and the price of the stone 2 are just too high for a guy who don't box
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 156 157 158