First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 156 157 158
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-05-06 11:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
The real question is: How many of you know a Death Penalty 119 Cor? Cause to a certain extent that is crux of the problem in understanding between both sides of this discussion.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ. I'm getting there! Thanks for reminding me I took a few days off of XI to remember there's more than Alex grinding.

*sulks back to Arrapago*
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-06 11:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm doing it so slowly, I'll be done in 2017 optimistically.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-05-06 12:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I'm doing it so slowly, I'll be done in 2017 optimistically.

I'm probably looking at September-October, as I'll likely be spending as many weekends out of the house as I did last summer, if not more.
 Bismarck.Aselin
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2014-05-06 12:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a good gun for COR nowadays? I'm sure this gets asked a lot.

Seeing that I don't have access to Ealdanarche 2.0 to get Vanir yet, I see Pulfanxa, Deathlocke, and Eminent Guns available to me. I haven't touched Surefire Arquebus in months since Eminent Gun came out. I still have a level 80 Armageddon and been asking a few CORs I know if I should finish it to 99 ilvl 119, but their responses have been mixed. Since I'm already working on Carn-dagger for BRD and a little over 3000 Alexandrites turned in, I don't feel like switching to Death Penalty at the moment. Maybe I'll think about upgrading that or Ryunohige if I'm bored and crazy enough to work on a second Mythic.

So, general opinion from the other Corsairs here, what's a good gun that isn't Mythic or Empyrean? Or, should I finish Armageddon?

Thank you.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-06 12:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Max out Pulfanxa and roll with it.
 Sylph.Agentblade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2014-05-06 13:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What path is best for Sebebus? Also would the magic damage on Vanir knife beat out chat. Staff? My death penalty is almost to ilvl and looking to max out qd damage for all situations.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-06 13:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

There's still debate about whether main weapon macc affects ranged as well(I believe it does), in which case Chatoyant loses charm on high level targets.

As for Sabebus, b for accuracy, A or C for damage. Haven't personally compared the two paths to see which one wins.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-05-06 15:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

There's still debate about whether main weapon macc affects ranged as well(I believe it does), in which case Chatoyant loses charm on high level targets.

I agree that it seems pretty obvious that main weapon macc affects QD resist rate (and assuming magical WS as well), from unscientific observations in stuff like WKR and Delve.

I notice Agentblade asked specifically about Vanir Knife's magic damage. That should be easy enough to test for anyone with either a Vanir Knife or Zuuxowu Grip (I have neither):

1) Do enough QD to get baseline unresisted QD damage without any Magic DMG+ weapon equipped. Swap to Vanir (same Macc, but additional Magic DMG+), compare. You could use a Sabebus in mainhand for initial tests to get the same Macc/ilevel as Vanir, but that's not a requirement.

2) For grip, equip a staff and get baseline unresisted QD damage. Add Zuuxowu Grip (Magic DMG+10) and repeat to compare. While Zuuxowu isn't a mainhand weapon, I'd be shocked if sub slot is treated differently than main for QD or ranged WS purposes.

As for Sabebus, b for accuracy, A or C for damage. Haven't personally compared the two paths to see which one wins.

For COR, I personally find Sabebus B to be a higher priority. If you're acc capped, there are plenty of other slots where you can shift acc gear to other DD options. Or get away with attack food, or buffs, etc.

Especially buffs: other DDs with higher native skill in their weapons are going to cap acc more easily than you, and if that's the case they'll ask to replace Hunter's Roll/Madrigals with other buffs. While that might be fine for them to maintain good acc, it's likely to be a little harder on a melee COR - so the extra acc on weapon helps.

Max out Pulfanxa and roll with it.
As for gun choices... A Pulfanxa is definitely a nice gun, but I'm a little reluctant to drop a lot of Airlixir into mine just yet, knowing that the instant I take that non-refundable step I'll end up getting a Vanir Gun or something new will show up.

One compromise: dropping a single Airlixir+2 will still get you to r7 Pulfanxa and a healthy boost in stats, at 1/6 the lixir cost of a r15 (those last few levels are a killer, going from 12-15 alone is nearly half the total cost of a full r15). Nice way to play the wait-and-see game but still get some boost while you're waiting.

MIIIIGHT be worth dragging your feet a little bit if you're up in the air to see what's unveiled in the May update, as S-E has said they're adding a significant amount of new Bayld stuff. Perhaps one of those things would be a COR-friendly gun?
By Afania 2014-05-06 15:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Agentblade said: »

Pulfanxa puts out more damage than DP with melee set up? I'm just about at ilvl on my DP. Right now i use skirmish +2 gun for /Dnc. Also, what path should my Sebebus be? I don't have Vanir yet, but planning on it.

Yes, cuz +15 STR also adds more melee DPS. Especially if you spend some shots on light/dark shot or if your QD isn't doing full dmg high magic def mobs.

On tojil lv of target it even beats good augment skirmish +2(because STR rocks), although the difference is very, very small. So just use w/e you have.

Personally I use it for melee cuz it's 10x easier to get than perfect augment skirmish +2.

Sylph.Agentblade said: »
What path is best for Sebebus? Also would the magic damage on Vanir knife beat out chat. Staff? My death penalty is almost to ilvl and looking to max out qd damage for all situations.

Path A if you need DPS, path B if you need acc. Path C on fodder(something like dyna or pre-SoA mobs).
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-06 15:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Aselin mentioned Pulfanxa being an option, so I said that. It really depends on the events you can do and the amount of *** you give, all guns are pretty close at this point.
[+]
 Phoenix.Devdas
user: Devdas
By Phoenix.Devdas 2014-05-06 15:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aselin said: »

Seeing that I don't have access to Ealdanarche 2.0 to get Vanir yet, I see Pulfanxa, Deathlocke, and Eminent Guns available to me. I haven't touched Surefire Arquebus in months since Eminent Gun came out. I still have a level 80 Armageddon and been asking a few CORs I know if I should finish it to 99 ilvl 119, but their responses have been mixed. Since I'm already working on Carn-dagger for BRD and a little over 3000 Alexandrites turned in, I don't feel like switching to Death Penalty at the moment. Maybe I'll think about upgrading that or Ryunohige if I'm bored and crazy enough to work on a second Mythic.

So, general opinion from the other Corsairs here, what's a good gun that isn't Mythic or Empyrean? Or, should I finish Armageddon?

Thank you.

Deathlocke is a very good gun for overall shooting and doing damage from a ranged situation and pretty easy to get and Pulfanxa/Hgrfician +2 are good for /dnc situations until Vanir Gun.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-06 15:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Also deathlocke has enmity-10 that should make hate issues easier.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-05-06 15:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question about Snapshot. Do CORs always have a snapshot set for firing? I want to include it but already have space issues :(
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-05-06 15:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing that I don't have access to Ealdanarche 2.0 to get Vanir yet, I see Pulfanxa, Deathlocke, and Eminent Guns available to me.

Deathlocke: Get it if you don't care about this job, but it's generally inferior to other ILV119 options.

Pulfanxa path A: Quite useful and versatile, good dmg when you melee with /DNC, req spam or shoot.

Path B: Highest acc gun COR can have. You can get it if you're super hardcore about the job.

Path C: Snapshot seems broken on spreadsheet, so I can't compare this one! Seems pretty good for WF though.

Eminent Gun: It's only ILV117, you can get it if you really, really don't care about the job.

Arma 119: It's use is very limited for it's price, it's good when you're shooting and using WF due to aftermath, or when you're shooting with capped attack/STR(which is probably never). It also has good magic acc for delve 2 NM dispel. It's kinda hard to land shots on delve2 NM without a good macc set.

If you don't have lv 99 already, I'd suggest you save the money on something else.
 Phoenix.Devdas
By Phoenix.Devdas 2014-05-06 15:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You should equip it for preshot yes it will greatly reduce how long it takes for your shot to get off. It's pretty key.
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2014-05-06 16:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the info! /cheers. Ill grab a Pulfanxa and max out path A for melee cor set up. Ill Use Death Penalty for /rng set up or situations where keeping AM up is alil easier with triple shot. As for sabebus, ill go path B cause I find there is times im lacking on acc (such as on mandi in Yorcia Delve).
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-05-06 16:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

We still need a ilvl 119 sword :( feels bleh to use Eminent.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-05-06 16:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Last stand enmity- set go? :p

ItemSet 323219
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2014-05-06 16:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

We still need a ilvl 119 sword :( feels bleh to use Eminent.

No doubt! would be nice to see a model of Luzaf's sword with decent stats for 119.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-05-06 16:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Pantafernando said: »

Last stand enmity- set go? :p

ItemSet 323219

Add Elanid Belt as a reasonable Last Stand option.

Also, tiny bit of enmity- from Terebellum Mantle (enm -1) if you're not worried about R.Acc. You might be using it already anyway.
 Bismarck.Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2014-05-06 23:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing that I don't have access to Ealdanarche 2.0 to get Vanir yet, I see Pulfanxa, Deathlocke, and Eminent Guns available to me.

Deathlocke: Get it if you don't care about this job, but it's generally inferior to other ILV119 options.

Pulfanxa path A: Quite useful and versatile, good dmg when you melee with /DNC, req spam or shoot.

Path B: Highest acc gun COR can have. You can get it if you're super hardcore about the job.

Path C: Snapshot seems broken on spreadsheet, so I can't compare this one! Seems pretty good for WF though.

Eminent Gun: It's only ILV117, you can get it if you really, really don't care about the job.

Arma 119: It's use is very limited for it's price, it's good when you're shooting and using WF due to aftermath, or when you're shooting with capped attack/STR(which is probably never). It also has good magic acc for delve 2 NM dispel. It's kinda hard to land shots on delve2 NM without a good macc set.

If you don't have lv 99 already, I'd suggest you save the money on something else.
Thank you for the suggestions. I'll probably go with the Pulfanxa until I get a Vanir. Path B, correct?

Yeah, I'm already level 99 COR. I'm still working on getting 109 Relic done. I think last piece to get is the Lanun Tricorn, already have Lanun Frac and Bottes. I'm still deciding which 109 AF, but definitely going to be body and legs for melee mode.
 Phoenix.Devdas
By Phoenix.Devdas 2014-05-07 00:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Deathlocke is not a bad gun to use until you get Vanir for situations where you are shooting. I'm pretty sure 5-Hit Deathlocke beats the Pulfanxa for shooting and Pulfanxa/Hgarifician+2 is best when /dnc and meleeing. It may not be worth the time/gil if you see Vanir in your near future or you don't care that much about cor but nitpicking is nitpicking.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-05-07 01:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll probably go with the Pulfanxa until I get a Vanir. Path B, correct?

Path A or B for dagger(I highly doubt you'd farm salvage/dyna on COR to make C worth it), path A or C for gun. Gun Path B is quite situational, only a few NM needs full racc build to cap acc on COR.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-05-07 01:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Devdas said: »
Deathlocke is not a bad gun to use until you get Vanir for situations where you are shooting. I'm pretty sure 5-Hit Deathlocke beats the Pulfanxa for shooting and Pulfanxa/Hgarifician+2 is best when /dnc and meleeing. It may not be worth the time/gil if you see Vanir in your near future or you don't care that much about cor but nitpicking is nitpicking.

5 hit= 20 TP per hit/WS, doing that with delay 480 gun(13 TP/hit) AND cap acc on higher lv content AND /DRG for jump, doesn't sound very practical to me. If you wanna play with 5 hit it's honestly 10x easier with a D600 gun.
By Zubrin 2014-05-07 02:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Deathlocke couldn't be both a holdover until Vanir and superior to Pulfanxa. R15 Path A Pulfanxa matches every stat on Vanir aside from the MAB and has 15 STR.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-05-07 02:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Zubrin said: »
Deathlocke couldn't be both a holdover until Vanir and superior to Pulfanxa. R15 Path A Pulfanxa matches every stat on Vanir aside from the MAB and has 15 STR.

According to spreadsheet, on Tojil lv of target, I got Pulfanxa A R15 3 DPS ahead of Vanir, but Vanir has 71 more QD dmg. If you do QD every 40 sec and none of them are resisted it's equal to less than 2 DPS.

So yeah, PulfanxaA is stronger than vanir, by 1 DPS.
By Devdas 2014-05-07 02:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

5 hit= 20 TP per hit/WS, doing that with delay 480 gun(13 TP/hit) AND cap acc on higher lv content AND /DRG for jump, doesn't sound very practical to me. If you wanna play with 5 hit it's honestly 10x easier with a D600 gun.

Sorry I meant 6-hit not a 5-hit. I was thinking about 5-hit Hgrfician +2 set.
 Bismarck.Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2014-05-07 04:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Path A or B for dagger(I highly doubt you'd farm salvage/dyna on COR to make C worth it), path A or C for gun. Gun Path B is quite situational, only a few NM needs full racc build to cap acc on COR.
I've noticed that the newer Delve (Marjami, Yorcia and Kamihr) NMs can be very evasive and need high accuracy to actually hit them. Then again, I'm only WHM for our Delve runs, but it's always good to be prepared in case I use another job for Delve.

I do farm Salvage v2 on COR, sometimes on BRD. I only farm Dynamis on DNC, however.

I still have to get the new Delve dagger, Sabebus, I've read here that the M.Acc is pretty good on it if you can't get Vanir Knife.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-05-07 07:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have the full Sabebus stats for each path at their fingertips. I saw C was 10att,10eva,3DA, but haven't seen the others. Was going to do C as a DNC eva dagger, but wanted to look at others before making decision.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-07 07:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Does anyone have the full Sabebus stats for each path at their fingertips. I saw C was 10att,10eva,3DA, but haven't seen the others. Was going to do C as a DNC eva dagger, but wanted to look at others before making decision.

Path A: Att +10 Str +7 Dmg +3
Path B: Acc +10 Dex +7 Dmg +3
Path C: Att +10 Eva +10 DA +3
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 156 157 158