Moghancement: Desynthesis
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-05-20 20:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems to be pretty hard to get this Moghancement, seeing as it's incredibly easy to overpower.

Has anyone had any luck with obtaining this Moghancement? Atm, I have a total Aura of 14 using Ancient Blood, Wastebasket, Dream Coffer, Dream Stocking, Book Holder, and Tarutaru Stool.

Should I just spam Ancient Blood/Tarutaru Stools and then remove any furnishing with an aura higher than 3, or something??? D:

Thuribles are hard to obtain even if they're Aura 8, Lines and Spaces/Acolyte's Grief are 2nd and 3rd, but are also either too expensive or hard to obtain. /sigh... Any suggestions?
Well, here's what I've compiled so far. They're listed in order of elemental strength, the strongest of which have Moghancement: Desynthesis. (All furniture with stronger auras are not listed.)

Lightning

Item Elemental Strength Moghancement
Thurible 8 Desynthesis
Egg Buffet 7 Money
Console 6 Lightning
Cricket Cage 4 Lightning
Falsiam Vase 4 Lightning
Melodious Egg 4 Desynthesis
Dream Coffer 3 Desynthesis
Dream Platter 3 Desynthesis
Dream Stocking 3 Desynthesis
Tableware Set 3 Lightning
Tsahyan Mask 3 Desynthesis
Flower Stand 2 Lightning
My First Magic Kit 2 Lightning
Tarutaru Stool 2 Desynthesis
Wastebasket 2 Desynthesis

Dark

Lines and Space 5 Desynthesis
Autumn's End 5 Dark
Timepiece 5 Dark
Acolyte's Grief 4 Desynthesis
Glowfly Cage 4 Dark
Hatchling Egg 4 Desynthesis
Walahra Burner 4 Desynthesis
Ancient Blood 3 Desynthesis
Blue Bamboo Grass 3 Money
Green Bamboo Grass 3 Money
Red Bamboo Grass 3 Money
Republican Legionnaire's Bedding 3 Experience
Shadow Lord Statue 3 Dark
Chocobo Bedding 2 Experience
Millionaire Desk 2 Conquest
Black VCS Plaque 1 Dark

Light

Fluoro-flora 5 Desynthesis
White Jar 5 Light
Dresser 4 Light
Adventuring Certificate 3 Light
Harpsichord 3 Money
Book Holder 1 Desynthesis
Buffalo Milk Case 1 Region

Lightning is, by far, the ideal way to go, as you'll gain the benefit of "reducing the chances of losing materials when synthesis attempts utilizing a lightning crystal have failed."

However, I am currently using the Fluoro-flora route, and it's working wonderfully for me--I do break many times, and lose the mats half the time, but definitely not as often as I used to before I received Moghancement: Desynthesis.
 Seraph.Xurion
Server: Seraph
user: Xurion
By Seraph.Xurion 2009-05-21 04:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Start from the beginning; remove all your furniture and place a couple of pieces at a time until you're happy.

This is assuming you know how elemental energy and moghancements work.
 Odin.Ichrius
Server: Odin
user: Ichrius
By Odin.Ichrius 2009-05-21 10:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only seen ONE storage friendly MH-Desynth set up. That was loads of Consoles, and a Thurible. I spent awhile trying to find a "cheap & storage usable" set up....not going to happen unless you pocket out some gil for it. The sad, sad world of Desynth...you spend tons of money...to try to save money. ;____;
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-05-21 10:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

T_T Yeah, Ichi. Consoles being Thunder|6 (Moghancement|Aura) and a Thurible being Desynthesis|8, that's the only storage friendly setup. :(

Luckily I'm a Woodworker, I think I'll just shove all my storage furnishings onto my mule and stock up on Tarutaru Stools. And have a Tarutaru tea party, what with all the damn stools D:
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-21 16:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Re-opened :)

Enjoy ^^
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-05-21 18:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

XD Aly, you're so cool <3
 Caitsith.Faythful
Server: Caitsith
user: Faythful
By Caitsith.Faythful 2009-05-21 22:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Theres a few items you can stick in your mog house for Desyth
STR Name
4 Acolyte's Grief
3 Ancient Blood
1 Book Holder
2 Tarutaru Stool
8 Thurible
3 Tsahyan Mask
2 Wastebasket
4 Walahra Burner
These are non-event items and easily obtianed by syth/AH

I was reading over about Thurible.
Goldsmithing (97), Smithing (?)
Fire Crystal
1 x Scintillant Ingot
Lamian Armlet (desyth) If you have a Goldsmithing friend you can try to desyth those, They arnt too expensive. If not, this is going to be your Highest priced Item.
1 x Troll Bronze Ingot
Troll Paldruns, Troll Vambrace, and Jadagna's are desythable into this item and the troll pieces are extremely cheap 1-2K on our server a piece.
3 x Aht Urhgan Brass Sheet
This item is easy to farm for, Head to Halvung with some pick axes, I got the items for this pretty much every other mining drop. If you dont wanna mine, they are usually extremely cheap on AH or the items to make the synth are. :)

This is the highest item str for desyth its +8 and you wont be overridden in most cases. Just remember to make sure the item with the most str that you have in the room(lightning in this care) is the item with the desyth.

ATM i dont have one of these, but i plan to get one now that i've researched this alittle more. Right now i just have a ton of taru taru stools in my mog house. I did alot of desything in my smithing, since i do alot of mining, I've noticed alot less breaks with the Adv Support and moghancement desyth :)
Hope this helps you out alittle.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-05-22 10:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

From a couple PMs while Fili was mutilating my post :(

Anye said:
Alyria said:
All the stuff [her mule] has for it is:

12 x tarutaru stools
5 x Book Holders
1 x Dream Stocking
2 x Bonbori
4 x Acolytes Grief
1 x Ancient Blood
2 x festival dolls
1 x porc flowerpot
1 x ceramic flowerpot
1 x hume mannequin
1 x taru mannequin
1 x mithra mannequin

He totals out at:
12 x Tarutaru Stools = 24 (Desynth)
5 x Book Holders = 5 (Desynth)
1 x Dream Stocking = 3 (Desynth)
2 x Bonbori = 6 (Gardening)
4 x Acolyte's Grief = 16 (Desynth)
1 x Ancient Blood = 3 (Desynth)
2 x Festival Dolls = 6 (Fire)
1 x Porcelain Flowerpot = 2 (Earth)
1 x Ceramic Flowerpot = 1 (Earth)
3 x Mannequin 6 (Light) = 18 (Light)

So that's pretty much 51 Desynth. lolz :3 Nice~

Faythful said:
I just loaded up on tarutaru stools and took out anything lightning related that was higher a higher amount of lightning. (my bastok flag lol) It works nice, i see a huge decrease in Losses on my breaks. Also, i would suggest if you can wait, (i know i desynth a lot while mining) i would wait to get adv. support from the guild to desyth. it really helps to not lost the mats :)

Thanks to Aly and Fayth for their help! I'll ask around for some good GSers for that Thurible; XD Scintillant Ingot seems to be the biggie (going for 80k, not bad, but still a bite out of my wallet^^;;).

(Posted in case other people have been looking into this area of Moghancement, just in case! (^^)b )
 Unicorn.Motokosun
Server: Unicorn
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-05-22 12:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

ok well i dont have a "Friendly" setup for space BUT i have 102 power = Overwhelming lightning power, moghancement desytnh

i do this with 51 tarutaru stools, yes 51 lol. but its the cheapest way by far.

i do all my crafts on mules, currently 106 smith and working on cloth gold and alch on other mules. so for me room isn't an issue, if it is for you then you may want to go with the console + thurnble idea if you can find a thrunble.
[+]
 Unicorn.Motokosun
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-05-22 12:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Also i'd like to say that with moghancement: desynth i have not, "HAVE NOT" had a decrease in losses from breaks, what i have had is an increase in success and HQ3's. If you want a decrease in losses per breaks then go with moghancement: Lightning. desynth is for success only where as lightning is for material loss.

PS: with desynth my loss per break rate has skyrocketed. But overall i make more gil with the increases in HQ.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-22 13:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Anye said:
From a couple PMs while Fili was mutilating my post :(

Anye said:
Alyria said:
All the stuff [her mule] has for it is:

12 x tarutaru stools
5 x Book Holders
1 x Dream Stocking
2 x Bonbori
4 x Acolytes Grief
1 x Ancient Blood
2 x festival dolls
1 x porc flowerpot
1 x ceramic flowerpot
1 x hume mannequin
1 x taru mannequin
1 x mithra mannequin

He totals out at:
12 x Tarutaru Stools = 24 (Desynth)
5 x Book Holders = 5 (Desynth)
1 x Dream Stocking = 3 (Desynth)
2 x Bonbori = 6 (Gardening)
4 x Acolyte's Grief = 16 (Desynth)
1 x Ancient Blood = 3 (Desynth)
2 x Festival Dolls = 6 (Fire)
1 x Porcelain Flowerpot = 2 (Earth)
1 x Ceramic Flowerpot = 1 (Earth)
3 x Mannequin 6 (Light) = 18 (Light)

So that's pretty much 51 Desynth. lolz :3 Nice~

Faythful said:
I just loaded up on tarutaru stools and took out anything lightning related that was higher a higher amount of lightning. (my bastok flag lol) It works nice, i see a huge decrease in Losses on my breaks. Also, i would suggest if you can wait, (i know i desynth a lot while mining) i would wait to get adv. support from the guild to desyth. it really helps to not lost the mats :)

Thanks to Aly and Fayth for their help! I'll ask around for some good GSers for that Thurible; XD Scintillant Ingot seems to be the biggie (going for 80k, not bad, but still a bite out of my wallet^^;;).

(Posted in case other people have been looking into this area of Moghancement, just in case! (^^)b )

Actually... The moghancements use simple addition/subtraction. You have a strength of 27 lightning and those lightning have a Desynth effect on them.

So, you end up getting a 'strength' of 4 "Faint Energy" for the Moghancement: Desynthesis.

You take the 27 and subtract the next highest element, which is light with 23. The strength is based on elements, not just the moghancement. You could also get the moghancement by using the dark elemental furnishings Acolyte's Grief and Ancient Blood. Having them in the MH when you're going more for Lightning energy though is pointless.
 Diabolos.Eclipstic
Server: Diabolos
user: eclipstic
By Diabolos.Eclipstic 2009-05-22 13:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i have 101 Desynthesis Aura in my mog house. i've seen several people listing Acolyte's Grief and Ancient Blood, and book holders. the only problem with these is they are all a different element. in order for them to stack, they have to be the same aura element. mine consists of lightning based furniture. i'm not on game but i will list what i remember having. remember, if u have two pieces of furniture with the same element, whichever has the higher aura will take the place of the moghancement. for example, a console has an aura of 6 lightning, but it is Moghancmenet: Lightning. However, if u obtain a Thurible (which i have), it has an aura of 8, which overrides the Lightning moghancement and makes it Desynthesis. So the key is to find one piece of desynthesis furniture with a high aura (Thrubile is the only easy way) and then stack other lightning based furniture with it.

i have:
Thurible (8)
Dream Coffer (3)
Dream Stocking (3)
Dream Platter (3)
2 Consoles (12)
about 20 Flower Stands
Wastebasket (2)
Tsahyan Mask (3)
My First Magic Kit (2)
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-22 14:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

O.oa I just said this same thing an hour ago...
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-06-08 05:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

is it just me or is skill ups way more uncommon while desynthing?
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-06-08 07:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
is it just me or is skill ups way more uncommon while desynthing?

I find that too, might be because lots more breaks in general or maybe just because its desynthing
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-06-08 07:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've decided its not worth it. I spend more gil on lightning crystals to break scorp rings back to scorp shells than I would have just npc the rings and buy new shells -.-
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-07-15 15:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as an update:

Fluoro-flora confirmed to be Moghancement: Desynthesis with an aura of 5 (check the link to see the confirmation on the talk page). And it's easier to make than Thurible, YAY!!!!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [65 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-09-18 18:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just looking into this recently for my next skillups. I'm having trouble finding the clear proof or definition of which one I need, lightning or desynthesis. I'm going to be making/breaking gold hairpins from 54 -> 58, and I want to limit the number of lost gold ingots. Which do I want?? (I'm also assuming I want wind enhancement when I'm doing the synth)
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-19 11:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithano, you'd want moghancement lightning for this particular desynth. Since you are happy to have an NQ desynth, you simply want to reduce the fail rate, whereas moghancement desynthesis apparently increases the HQ rate AND the material loss rate.

Wind enhancement for when you're doing the synth itself would help, but since desynthesis has a much higher break rate than synthesis, it's probably not worth the effort.

Anye, I'm sorry to say that you've got it all wrong, Eclipstic explained it in his post, but I'll try and make it a little more clear. (Tbest, you were a little off on one point too)

Whichever moghancement you get is defined by TWO things. A: the dominant element in your Moghouse, and B: The piece of furniture with the highest aura of that element.

What this means, is that if you have a Royal Bed (Aura 24, Dark element) then no matter what else you put in your house, you will always get moghancement: experience, as long as darkness is the dominant element.

If however, you have a Royal Bed and 13 tarutaru stools (Aura 2, lightning element), then you will now have 24 dark, 26 lightning. This makes lightning the dominant element in your house, so you will get the moghancement from the highest aura strength piece of lightning furniture. Since you only have tarutaru stools as lightning, that's what will decide your moghancement, which will be desynthesis.

Now as long as the total lightning aura remains higher than 24, the Royal Bed is doing absolutely nothing for you, except giving you 2 storage and looking pretty. If however, you add in a Tableware set (Aura 3, lightning element), lightning will still be the dominant element in your house, but the Tableware set will now be the highest lightning based aura, so it will give you moghancement lightning. Even though you have a total lightning aura of 26 coming from items that give you desynthesis, and only 3 coming from moghancement lightning, since the tableware set is the highest piece, that's what takes precedence.

So if you understand everything I've just said, then you should be starting to see why the Thurible is such a good piece for a desynthesis set-up. Without the thurible, the highest lightning based desynth piece you can get is a Melodius Egg at aura strength 4. Or Tsahyan Mask/Dream coffer/stocking/platter at 3. Now, to get overwhelming lightning energy, you need a total accumulated lightning aura of 101. But! In order to get overwhelming energy AND keep moghancement desynthesis, you need to get 101 aura strength while keeping one piece of lightning based furniture with moghancement desynthesis as your highest lightning based aura strength.

So without thurible, (and excluding the event items because there's not much in it) the easiest way to do this is to get a Tsahyan mask. This has 3 lightning aura and moghancement desynthesis, and then make up the other 98 lightning aura with flower stands. Flower stands have 2 lightning aura, and moghancement lightning, but since you'll have Tsahyan mask with 3 aura strength and the correct moghancement, then you'll be set.

Now, this means you'll have 1 Mask, and 49 flower stands (I personally have the 3 dream pieces and 46 flower stands), which is a massive hit to your storage capabilities considering that all of these items only give one storage. So in order to cap out your storage at 80, you need an additional 30 storage spaces. I mentioned earlier that as long as lightning remains the dominant element, then you'll retain the moghancement from the Tsahyan Mask, but what you may not have realised, is that once you have 101 lightning aura, even if you have 100 fire aura as well, you will still have your overwhelming lightning energy. This means that you can simply stick in any two items with 15 storage, or a mannequin or whatever else you want, as long as it doesn't have lightning aura of 3 or more. I personally have two armoires, which have water water aura of 16. I also have all 4/5 of my nation flags up (can't put up bastok as it has lightning aura 11 and will give me conquest moghancement) and a couple of other odds and ends that aren't lightning based.

So without Thurible, you need to use up 50 inventory slots, and still don't hit your storage cap. With thurible, you can simply use 16 consoles to hit your 101 target AND be well over your storage cap.

</rant>

Hope that explains moghancements, it's pretty confusing O_O
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-09-19 13:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That's intense I know this this gunna sound completely noobish but wth I don't even care..what other Moogle Enhancements can you get that are acutally "worth it" Im no crafter but still. I know you can get xp, Conquest and maybe even a gillfinder one!? I may be way off on this, I am not even sure. Is there some where I can read more about this..link anyone?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [189 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2010-03-27 07:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't matter what you place first, it's all about what the aura strength on the item is that corresponds to the main element. Thurible has aura of 8, so it's going to win over nearly anything else.
 Unicorn.Hardwood
By Unicorn.Hardwood 2010-03-27 14:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This should give you all the info you need to know

And heres a handy furnishings list

Just remember for whatever the target moghancement your going for, use all of 1 element.

And on a side note ive been looking into how different elements may help on target crop. So far i just have alot of raw data and not enough time to process it. I am fairly confident that i can show how Aura + Gardening will effect a crops outcome and yields.

Lastly some food for thought. Does adding additional furnishings of different auras do anything? Currently i am experimenting with Moghancement:Smithing - Overwhelming Earth(104) - and 103 fire. So far i have compiled some interesting data but not enough to show anything.

Happy Crafting-
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
 Caitsith.Zsins
user: Chulo
By Caitsith.Zsins 2010-05-19 17:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently I've been doing a lot of wind Synth's in Bonecraft and I want to set my MH up for them. I have Drogaroga's Fang so do I want Moghancement Bonecraft from that with overwhelming wind energy? What would be a good MH setup for that?
 Caitsith.Zsins
By Caitsith.Zsins 2010-05-19 20:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

some ls members say that I can't get overwhelming wind energy AND bonecraft moghancement, I'm not sure they know what they are talking about though lol. To get overwhelming wind I'd just have to put a ton of wind energy items in my mh as long as they are less energy then my fang right? Sorry I just don't understand this.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-05-19 20:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, they're right actually. Read this article from wiki: Moghancement

Drogaroga's Fang has darkness affinity with an aura strength of 9. Basically, in order to have overwhelming wind energy, you need to stack as much furniture with wind elemental strength, as well as having the absolute strongest aura in your mog house to be wind affinity.

In other words, in order to give you "Moghancement: Bonecraft Skill," you have to make sure that 1) the total amount of darkness aura exceeds the amount of all other elemental auras in your moghouse, and 2) Drogaroga's Fang is the highest amoung them all. So, for example, if you had a Royal Bed with a darkness aura strength of 24, along with your Drogaroga's Fang and other darkness affinity furniture, you would receive the Royal Bed's Moghancement: Experience rather than the Drogaroga's Fang's Moghancement: Bonecraft Skill.

Now, understanding this, you can sort of see how it will be quite impossible difficult to have overwhelming wind energy in your MH, as you'll need to have a wind aura strength of over 100, and Drogaroga's Fang's elemental affinity is darkness. They're just mutually exclusive :(

-edit- Meh, actually, reading the article over again as well as your latest response, looks like it just might be possible. Let me read stuff over a bit. I may have posted too quickly. ^^;
 Caitsith.Zsins
By Caitsith.Zsins 2010-05-19 20:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it increase my Moghancement Bonecraft if I had overwhelming darkness energy and only used furniture with less aura strength then my fang? Instead of trying for Overwhelming wind energy. And thank you for the help.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-05-19 20:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Whichever moghancement you get is defined by TWO things. A: the dominant element in your Moghouse, and B: The piece of furniture with the highest aura of that element.

What this means, is that if you have a Royal Bed (Aura 24, Dark element) then no matter what else you put in your house, you will always get moghancement: experience, as long as darkness is the dominant element.

If however, you have a Royal Bed and 13 tarutaru stools (Aura 2, lightning element), then you will now have 24 dark, 26 lightning. This makes lightning the dominant element in your house, so you will get the moghancement from the highest aura strength piece of lightning furniture. Since you only have tarutaru stools as lightning, that's what will decide your moghancement, which will be desynthesis.

Now as long as the total lightning aura remains higher than 24, the Royal Bed is doing absolutely nothing for you, except giving you 2 storage and looking pretty. If however, you add in a Tableware set (Aura 3, lightning element), lightning will still be the dominant element in your house, but the Tableware set will now be the highest lightning based aura, so it will give you moghancement lightning. Even though you have a total lightning aura of 26 coming from items that give you desynthesis, and only 3 coming from moghancement lightning, since the tableware set is the highest piece, that's what takes precedence....

Hope that explains moghancements, it's pretty confusing O_O
Okay, reading over this (late in expressing my gratitude, but thanks, Blazza, nonetheless ^^;), it explains things a lot more clearly.
First Page 2