Moghancement: Desynthesis
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-05-19 20:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zsins said:
Would it increase my Moghancement Bonecraft if I had overwhelming darkness energy and only used furniture with less aura strength then my fang? Instead of trying for Overwhelming wind energy. And thank you for the help.
I believe so--as long as Drogaroga's Fang is the highest among all darkness affinity furniture.

It ought to be much easier for you to do this than, say, trying to achieve Moghancement: Desynthesis like I did, hahaha. The only 3 pieces of furniture with higher darkness aura strength are Royal Bed, Shell Lamp, and Boneworker's Signboard, and it seems only Star Globe competes with the Fang's aura strength of 9. In the Moghancement page, scroll down to the table "Furniture by Elemental Affinity," it helped me a LOT. :)
 Caitsith.Zsins
Server: Caitsith
user: Chulo
By Caitsith.Zsins 2010-05-19 20:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so if I'm reading this correctly the answer is no I can't have my cake and eat it too? Because if the dominant element in my mh is wind then my fang will not take effect, it being dark. Therefore I'd be better off using dark aura items to boost the effect of my fang?
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-05-19 20:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as I am aware of, no cake for you. :( You can have one or the other (with different sets of furniture), but not both at the same time.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-05-19 21:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I'm going to update my OP my own discoveries regarding Moghancement: Desynthesis.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Nesya
Server: Ramuh
user: Nesya
By Ramuh.Nesya 2010-06-29 09:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Erm, im not sure if this is the answer to what you want but here goes.
I have moghancment desynth with overwhelming energy. Get a thurible and as many consoles as you need. I have 12 consoles and 4 spences and that works perfectly. ^^
 Garuda.Alexyia
Server: Garuda
user: alexyia
By Garuda.Alexyia 2010-07-09 19:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i hate to beat a dead horse....

but all you really need is the Thurible to get Moghancement: Desynthesis

pop in the Thurible and just make sure you get rid of anything that has a aura strength higher than 8.

and also just a tip that works well for me....if you have the inventory space.

once you get your Thurible in place....get yourself a handful of lightning items(i use consoles)...and a handful of wind items(i use desk's)...and just switch them out depending on which crystal you're desynthing with.

so that way you'lll have your Moghancement: Desynthesis plus powerful/overwelming enegergy of the crystal that you're using to desynth with.

works pretty well for me...i've done thousands of goldsmithing desynths over the years(currently lvl 74)...i'd put my overall success rate at about 70% and my HQ success rate at about 40-50%.

hope this helps someone ^>^
[+]
 Garuda.Alexyia
Server: Garuda
user: alexyia
By Garuda.Alexyia 2010-07-09 19:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

friggin awesome avatar Alyria :)
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kloroform
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2010-07-09 19:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Old topic, but Alexyia is sharing with you the key to desynthing.

If you want to desynth, you need Thurible. Understand how Moghancements work in conjunction with Aura strength.

Piling your house up with junk furniture to overwrite each other will get complicated very quickly. Find a Goldsmither and pay them whatever they want to make you one IF you want the best chance at a desynth.

Then use lower aura strength elemental furniture to get the "overwhelming" power you want.

Just remember desynth is a dice roll, all you are doing is trying to stack the odds in your favour! Oh, and don't invite anyone into your MH, it no longer looks attractive!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2502 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Kogasho
Server: Asura
user: kogasho
By Asura.Kogasho 2017-05-15 09:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

How I have stuff set up is have my crafters stall an then just put 2 Thuribles to get Mog: desynth. Should I add any other items in order to see best results as in terms on Success an HQ an not many matts lost? What im trying to accomplish is being able to switch from +5 skill to desynth mode with little layout removal but still get nice desynth aura. Any pointers?