Your Latest Blue Mage Accomplishments/Milestones

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Your Latest Blue Mage Accomplishments/Milestones
Your Latest Blue Mage Accomplishments/Milestones
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23
 Asura.Redshift
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Redshift
By Asura.Redshift 2013-04-15 20:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait what? So someone glitched wyrm (intentionally or unintentionally?) And it doesn't reset until someone kills him or servers reset?
 Bismarck.Nelomeseta
Server: Bismarck
user: nelo
By Bismarck.Nelomeseta 2013-04-16 21:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I could do that, but it wouldn't solve the issue of nobody being willing to do the VW :(
By BronnOfSylph 2013-04-18 10:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This is in no way a major accomplishment but it was cool and I needed to tell someone...

I've been camping NMs for the last few days for Almace. I was on Ratatoskr and had 3/4 done. Well the wife and I came home from a night of dinner and drinks, and as is customary of her gender, she began what I knew would be a 45 minute chat with the babysitter.

I had logged out at the pop site so I figured I could jump online quick and hope to get lucky and finish him off before they finished their chat. I'm not exaggerating this timeline at all: my character hadn't even finished loading when I saw a party invite. I love when other people are camping with me because it helps ease the boredom so I accepted as soon as I could type. Then I immediately saw him use chainspell...which I thought was odd. Then I saw his target...Ratatoskr himself! In 20 seconds, not only had I finished the trial but he gave me a chainspelled D2 as well. Now that's luck!
[+]
By Heimdel 2013-04-18 10:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Not exactly a accomplishment but just becoming a better blu thanks to reive. With becoming very good at mob control with acetic burst thunderbolt and sleeps while still doing very good dmg with things like charged whisker and occasionally 1k needles among others. Now looking to build a full pdt set after a run at reives in basalt and how much what i did have helped to keep me alive. I realized blu can make a 50% pdt even without trial swords and combine that with def buffs makes it very survivable.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2013-04-18 11:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok BLUs represent! BLU is mad fun in Reives, 2 BLUs can pretty much duo any Reive and solo is manageable if you stay careful.

I like setting spells like:
Blood Saber - Wakes up all the mobs and full cures you, unlike Whirl of Rage, it doesn't miss any mob which would make sleeping annoying.
Cocoon - Standard defense when mobs about to wake.
Dream Flower, of course.
Cimicine Discharge - Slow is great for when people wake mobs and you have to deal with recast timers until you can resleep.
That AoE Stun spell is useful when soloing.
Reaving Winds - Great for bees(final sting), butterflies(blackout), and Chapuli(knockback).
Charged Whisker - When they refill your MP.
MP Drainkiss - Can get up to 200 in full haste gear from the root.
Occultation - Extra protection

Usual order of business is buff all the way first then to Whirl of Rage and lure mobs around you near the root where you can be. When they gather on you, actinic burst and dream flower. Dream Flower any additional adds that show up then Thunderbolt or Actinic Burst > Blood Saber. The flash will still be on when they wake up, so you can immediately Dream Flower. Rinse and repeat while attacking the root in between.

And yah, Thundebolt is wtfbbqawesomesauce for this.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-18 11:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a bit spoiled by my brd alt but I've had her accidentally run out of range of the reive and then I'm stuck soloing. I think a second sleep is a good idea if you're purely soloing or others aren't on board with sleeping all the mobs. Don't forget to keep cocoon up now, def adjustments make it super important.

Morimar is a bit harder simply cause those damn turtles with their stun and knockback make it difficult to resleep so you really have to think ahead. Thunderbolt doesn't seem to work well on them, dunno if they resist or I've just had bad luck but actinic -> whirl -> dreamflower does it better most the time. Or if they are already awake then Temporal shift -> dream flower works as shift is rather accurate.
By Presidentmerman 2013-04-18 13:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2013-04-18 11:28:53
Link | Block | Pm | Quote | Reply | Report | Score: 0 +

Ragnarok BLUs represent! BLU is mad fun in Reives, 2 BLUs can pretty much duo any Reive and solo is manageable if you stay careful.
We sure do wreck reives!
By Heimdel 2013-04-18 13:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

I like setting spells like:
Blood Saber - Wakes up all the mobs and full cures you, unlike Whirl of Rage, it doesn't miss any mob which would make sleeping annoying.
Cocoon - Standard defense when mobs about to wake.
Dream Flower, of course.
Cimicine Discharge - Slow is great for when people wake mobs and you have to deal with recast timers until you can resleep.
That AoE Stun spell is useful when soloing.
Reaving Winds - Great for bees(final sting), butterflies(blackout), and Chapuli(knockback).
Charged Whisker - When they refill your MP.
MP Drainkiss - Can get up to 200 in full haste gear from the root.
Occultation - Extra protection

Usual order of business is buff all the way first then to Whirl of Rage and lure mobs around you near the root where you can be. When they gather on you, actinic burst and dream flower. Dream Flower any additional adds that show up then Thunderbolt or Actinic Burst > Blood Saber. The flash will still be on when they wake up, so you can immediately Dream Flower. Rinse and repeat while attacking the root in between.

And yah, Thundebolt is wtfbbqawesomesauce for this.

ya that more or less my set up though i go /rdm for stoneskin aquaveil and convert +job traits. I also keep yawn loaded up for a 2nd sleep. No discharge reaving wind or mp drain kiss but i might put in drain kiss , had been usign magic hammer. Also might try frying pan. Oh and magic fruit though i tend to just use c4 since my macro set for fruit is a lil funky. And of course standards like haste and refresh blu spells.

I got to say it is always fun to watch people standing just out of range afraid to go in and then you come up and run right in. Or when waiting for a spawn you stand right where the root spawns while everyone sits out of range waiting.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-20 21:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-04-20 22:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So very jelly.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2013-04-20 22:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If I didn't love you so much I'd hate you Proth. Congrats.
 Odin.Kevito
Server: Odin
user: Kevito
By Odin.Kevito 2013-04-20 22:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't find that video of that dat mining of possible new blu spells can anyone post me the link?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-20 22:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

looks so bousse
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-04-21 08:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you guaranteed a drop from the Naaukal fights?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2013-04-21 09:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

looks so bousse

How's that sword :)

despite the DMG difference from that sword and my 90 almace, I love the look of it. You think it's a good idea to have one of those?
By Xshot1 2013-04-21 20:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got my Iztaasu tonight! Augmented with a Ghastly Stone +2 to get DMG +12 and STR +4, no idea if thats good or not as far as the random Augments go.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-04-23 18:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well after not bothering with Apademak since making almace at 90 cap finally went to ule and in 13 hours got 75 hours. Woooooooooooooooooooooooo
[+]
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-04-23 18:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
in 13 hours got 75 hours

?
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-04-23 18:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bought most of the sissy fragments and brewed them to death lol.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-27 01:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

yay for new dDEX capped TP piece/benthic piece/whirl of rage/etc
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-27 02:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So I guess the Naakuls aren't as bad as people initially thought? I haven't even attempted any yet, as bayld burning has been an utter bore to me so far. Can't manage the determination to stick it out for like a full day to get enough points.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-04-27 02:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

We had about 90 JPs out there so kinda hard to gauge difficulty, but all 3 have seemed to be really easy tbh. With luck the higher tier ones will be harder.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-04-27 02:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Colkhab's evasion is pretty annoying. Other than that, yeah.
 Valefor.Lisamarie
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2013-04-27 21:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, so like a gimp, I only have almace 85. What's the difference in damage output between 85 and 90? :\

Really want to do Daurd with these apa horns, but Almace 90 seems so nice; I wouldn't pursue 99 I don't think.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-04-27 22:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Not as great an accomplishment as I would like, but tweaked my Requiescat Build a little bit, so i have 76+113MND (I think it falls into mid-tier Req Build) after doing a 3k+ Requiescat to Orthrus Seether Friday afternoon.
[+]
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-04-27 22:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Lisamarie said: »
OK, so like a gimp, I only have almace 85. What's the difference in damage output between 85 and 90? :\

Really want to do Daurd with these apa horns, but Almace 90 seems so nice; I wouldn't pursue 99 I don't think.
If you don't intend to pursue 99, those horns might be better spent elsewhere with the new weapons from Skirmish/Naaktuals. :<
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [70 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-07-06 22:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

c:

Was a good night. This, Oatixur, and the hat of doom.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-07-06 23:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad we were able to go back to using that sword model. Looks so cool.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-06 23:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

c:

Was a good night. This, Oatixur, and the hat of doom.

yw :3
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Madotsuki
Server: Ragnarok
user: Madotsuki
By Ragnarok.Madotsuki 2013-08-11 02:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I'm on PLD in the screenshot, but it is my main passion job along with BLU, and was too caught up in emotions to change jobs...

After a bit over 2 years since originally obtaining Almace 85, it's finally reached 99. It's been a long road... and I felt I wouldn't see it come true, especially when RME suddenly became obsolete. But with the help of friends, I received the inspiration and help needed to finish.

It may currently be not much more than a trophy until the RME updates arrive but... I'm so very proud to have it done.

Thank you, to friends long gone and those still at my side. This sword itself would not exist in the first place if not for my longtime best friend, Jeph... thank you Jeph. This accomplishment is for both of us. I wish you could've been at my side when I claimed it...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23