The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 176 177 178 ... 445 446 447
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-04 13:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Your set right now is honestly okay for doing Yorcia Alluvion, although you'll want to pick up a homestead wand immediately and dump the camaraderie. It'll take you a few more subductions, but you'll be able to kill any elementals that aren't wind/ice based just fine. You'll want to improve it quickly, and that's where the money you'll make from alluvion will go.

As for spells, thermal pulse is huge for magic damage, and I suggest Aby-Attohwa wamouras for it, as they use almost nothing but. Barrier tusk is superb for defensive purposes, water bomb is still quite a good nuke as well as a wonderful AoE silence. Your bolded spells can all be knocked out in a single trip to Aby-Uleg near flux 7. Rending, Nectarous, Embalming, and Retinal are all very good magic damage, with some great additional effects.

For spell priority, I'd suggest:
- Sinker Drill is huge, as it's an exceptionally good physical spell that also gives you crit attak bonus.
- Barrier Tusk is just an excellent defensive spell, and I have it set in a wide range of circumstances.
- Diffusion Ray gives a Store TP trait all on its own.
- Thermal Pulse is great for magic damage, particularly in Alluvion against ice elementals.
- Nectarous Deluge is another good magic spell that has a very potent poison attached to it.

Overall, you'll want all of those spells, but I'd personally focus on the mentioned ones first before pursuing the others, as they will provide the most immediate benefits.
 Shiva.Zykei
Server: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-06-04 13:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

For subduction, there's a few simple upgrades you can pick up.

If you still have any login points - perhaps look into grabbing a few Lebondopt wings for Hagondes coat/pants.

Reforged AF1 hat +1 has a decent chunk of MACC and MAB on them and is fairly cheap to upgrade.

Sparks ring and/or 2x Shiva rings, Stoicheion Medal (Or Eddy necklace from shark), and Aswang sash/Erlene's notebook from meeble for accessories.

Elementals in Alluvion has around 4k(?) HP so as long as you can nail them within 3 casts it should be fine. Just beware of Wind and Ice types because they resist Subduction and will need an alternative spell to kill them.
 Ragnarok.Luloo
Server: Ragnarok
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2015-06-04 16:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
Draylo said: »

Welcome back

Thanks man!

I've been reading all of the pages here and on BG but it's really so much new info I need time to process it.
And considering I had to throw out my beloved BLU.xml spellcast and have to do all my macros, any advice is well accepted!

Get all spells, cap sword to A+ and tell me in game. Bentornato
 Ragnarok.Galiber
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2015-06-04 18:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Luloo said: »
Draylo said: »

Welcome back

Get all spells, cap sword to A+ and tell me in game. Bentornato

Luloooooo! Appena ti becco online tello.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going to get all the spells, work on the JP and try to slowly get skirmish stuff to get the hang of it.
Yeah I think I'll keep the Almace main even if it's not absolute best and just off hand Bura for a while.
I'll have nowhere near the insane amount of time I used to invest in this game, but I'm sure it'll be a pleasure on those 2/3 weeknights.
 Shiva.Francisco
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-06-05 07:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Your set right now is honestly okay for doing Yorcia Alluvion, although you'll want to pick up a homestead wand immediately and dump the camaraderie.

Thanks for the tips (you too Zykei, I picked up some of that stuff already). Unfortunately, Homestead Wand isn't available on Shiva at the moment. In the meantime, I suppose I could upgrade to Tamaxchi, since I have all six WKR key items collecting dust. I suppose get that until I can get a couple of Nehushtan or better? Maybe there's something else better in between that I'm missing.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-05 12:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Gabaxorea path As are the best clubs for nuking outside of Nibiru clubs, but those are obviously going to be tougher to obtain. Use Tamaxchi for now, upgrade when you can.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-05 14:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bolelabunga and Eminent Wand are pretty good for start. I wouldn't bother with augmenting Nehushtan for nuking. Like Orean said, you can just upgrade to 2x Gabaxorea A when you feel like it.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-06-05 17:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Any info on which NM drops Nibiru Blade and Cudgel?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-05 17:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Nosoi and Kamaohoali have been reported to drop the blade, and Kamohoali drops the club.

Can find all drops here: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Escha_Rewards
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-06-05 18:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you kind Sylphid :P
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-07 20:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to clarify some info about the sword hierarchy for people that I may not have been too clear about before, and I don't want to mislead any BLU buddies.

Claidheamh is the best non-RME mainhand only if you have a +DMG augment on it. It is not worth using otherwise. The better secondary stats you add to it (higher ACC and ATK, more DA) the better it becomes. But you need the damage augment on it for it to be the best. As far as off-hands go, Nibiru Blade path A is the overall best, with a path B edging it out on content where you are very attack starved. Bura'menkah is a very easy to obtain sword, and the third best off-hand. Usonmunku path B comes after Bura, but with how much more costly it is, it would be a better choice to simply go with a Bura.

If you lack a +DMG Claid, dual Nibiru A's will be your best choice. Dual Usonmunku B's are far more attainable, however, and are the third best option.
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-06-07 20:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Would a second +DMG Claid be worth getting for off-hand? I don't want to throw gil at it otherwise.

Also, which Empy119 BLU pieces are worthwhile? Again, trying to make the most out of the gil I'm able to make at this time (playtime, etc...)
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-07 21:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

No, an offhand Claid is not worth it, as it is beaten quite easily by a Bura'menkah and now path A Nibiru.

They all have their uses, niche though they may be. Head is good for chain affinity, legs for efflux if you find yourself casting spells often. Body remains our best blue magic fastcast piece, and hands are good for delay. Honestly, the only piece I feel is worthwhile to 119 are the feet, as they're on par with perfect Helios augments for nuking and come with the bonus of burst affinity damage. I brought every piece to 109 and only took the feet to 119, but that is just my personal preference. The other pieces just don't provide as much of a benefit.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Luloo
user: Lulo
By Ragnarok.Luloo 2015-06-08 17:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't usu b better than bura as off on tizona?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-08 17:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I'm speaking for non-RME purposes.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2015-06-08 18:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anybody have an updated BLU DPS sheet? I read about some open office updated ones but I can't seem to find them.
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-06-10 10:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have experience soloing Outer Ra'Kaznar and Yorcia Skirmishes?

I've tried Outer Ra'Kaznar 1/1/1 a couple of times, came close to clearing the first objective (I got 26 out of 30 Fragments), but there are a few mobs that just seem like they should be avoided (the Yeti thing and Ironclad absolutely destroyed my Trust NPCs, the Monolith wasn't too bad, but annoying, and I managed to kill the Dullahan, but it was a dangerous fight, mostly because of Villainous Rebuke dealing massive damage). The trash mobs and mimics weren't bad at all, but some of the pulls are blocked by the Ironclad or Yeti, which just flat out kills everything. Also, trash mobs seem very spread out, so it would be hard to get 30 fragments just on them.

Went in /RDM using Apururu (UC), Ulmia, Joachim, and Kupipi trusts. The biggest detriment on the special mobs was WHMs casting Cure VI and Curaga V a lot, pulling hate and such. Cherukiki might be a better choice since she doesn't engage - but I also find her to be an unreliable healer at times.

Haven't really tried Yorcia yet solo, but from what I remember, 1-2 people would run off to kill Dens, and the rest would stay behind to protect the tent. I'm guessing the idea here is to use Subduction as I kill dens to pickup advancing mobs, but like I said, I haven't tried that yet.

Mostly want to get Ituli Head+1 and some Hagondes +1 gear as well.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-06-10 14:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
Anyone have experience soloing Outer Ra'Kaznar and Yorcia Skirmishes?

For ORK, I've done some 1/1/1 with trusts, and I found it MUCH easier if I used Amchuchu trust to tank. She's pretty sturdy and makes some of the nasty NMs much more bearable. You'll still want to avoid Ironclads if possible, but Yztarg becomes a lot easier when you can stand behind it with a tank keeping its attention.

Yorcia I haven't actually bothered with, but yeah spamming Subduction on the incoming mobs seems like it should do the trick.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-06-10 14:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ra'kaznar is possible but not worth the effort. If you're stuck on trying it, you'll want to alternate between sword damage and Subduction/Regurgitation damage depending on the NM. The Dullahan for example is better killed via nuking, as he's susceptible to gravity. Regurgitation is hilariously effective on the behemoth.

Yorcia's piss easy though. I generally ran 3/3/1 solo:

Higher tiers are possible but didn't always have pops in stock, so.

Start with the den east of the cantonment. A mob may pop while you're running to it, just kill it. Come back to the cantonment (tab to see if there's an ascension at the southern spawn point on your way back), clear out anything that's arrived, then head west to the next den. The first couple waves of monsters take that path, you can intercept them along the way and just work your way north through all the dens. You'll figure out the rhythm of their early movements easily enough. Grab any ascensions you find along the way (use wide scan); I usually put the first into a stockade and the rest into bayld or fragments because there's really no point getting buffs. The stockade will likely fall as you're making your way back from the final den but it's fine, you can just camp with Subduction from there. It's honestly pretty boring. Melee the panopts down, they take reduced magic damage iirc. Everything else is mindless Subduction fodder.

You can opt to double-time the run instead of getting a stockade if you invest in a higher tier legs pop iirc. You won't be able to kill all the dens that way, but with those trusts you should be okay to tough it out. I took the slow option because my trust selection was kind of bad at the time (still is tbh, lack Amchuchu and Joachim).

Would suggest investing in a full set of HQ Iuitl, or at the very least 4/5 sans body if you have Emet +1 and don't have any need to invest in Iuitl +1 as a MDT or general -DT piece.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-06-10 15:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it actually worth farming just fodder though? I don't fully understand the zone's mechanics, but I expect that'd reduce your loot pool significantly.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Divinian
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-06-11 19:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everyone...I'm hoping for some advice on my subduction set, before I go out and try to add more MAB/Macc to it. I've read through all the pages I can find on the subject and everything leads me to believe that I am on the right track. Just feels like something isn't right. I'd do an item set, but they aren't working right now, so here is what I currently use:

Dual Gabs with MAB
Head - Hag. Hat +1 (MAB 15)
Body - Hag. Coat +1 (MAB 12)
Hands - Hag. Cuffs +1 (MAB 20)
Legs - Hag. Pants +1 (MAB 18)
Feet - Manabyss Pigaches
Back - Cornflower Cape
Neck - Eddy Necklace
Earrings - Friomsi and Sortiarius
Rings - Acumen and Strendu
Waist - Aswang Sash
Ammo - Dosis Tathlum

First off, I know it could use more magic acc. Right now, I am consistently pulling numbers of about 1250 when unresisted (have yet to get above this so I figure it is unresisted) in yorcia alluvion. I am seeing people with double that number and more.

Am I getting resisted every time? Does it need more MAB to get closer to those numbers? I haven't set MAB Job trait spells yet (just went in a few time to get a feel for it and went with what was in the OP for subduction), but go in /rdm (a difference of about 16MAB when compared to spell set JT). I also do not have the 100JP gift.

Any input would help, so I can move in the most efficient direction. (i.e. CP burning and setting MAB spells, Macc, or adding more MAB through augs). Also, would shiva (NQ) be an improvement for the rings? Thanks in advance.
By Selindrile 2015-06-11 20:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Some thoughts:

Sortiarius > Crematio if you can get it.

Helios Gloves/Boots if you can get decent augments.

Shiva NQ would probably be an upgrade, especially if you have any macc issues.

Waist Yamabuki-no-Obi is an upgrade, and I think there's another new one that I can't think of at the moment.

Subbing Scholar you pick up Reraise, Light Arts enhances your Magic Fruit and Dark Arts allows you to use elemental magic spells for the elemental types you have issues with (I tend to use a Fire1 to finish off certain mobs if my alternative nukes are down and the mob is resistant to subduction) It also gives you windstorm + klimaform which can be kinda useful, even more if you use hachirin obi and twilight back, (especially if you use gearswap to only equip them when applicable)

Here's my equipped spells list in AzureSets format:

Magic Hammer is amazing there (if well geared enough it removes the need for any sort of refresh or convert), and Carcarian Verve is amazing too, especially diffusioned, that's about all I can think of.

You still need a physical set to make sure you can handle butterflies easily with Sinker Drill/Delta Thrust, use sushi (there's no great matk food anyway) and feel free to swap to swords for these spells for the acc though you do lose tp and Flash Nova is kinda nice to 1-shot air elementals (if your set is decent) since it can't be blinked so use your own discretion there.
[+]
 Fenrir.Divinian
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-06-11 21:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Sel. I'm definitely going to try /sch and your other ideas. I'd like to do whatever I can before I resort to trying to get better augments on hagondes (at least for now).

I don't have any Helios yet, but will try to augment hands and feet when I get them. Much appreciated!
[+]
 Bismarck.Hellsangelz
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Hellsangelz 2015-06-15 22:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So just to get this straight....

NON Tizona users best option is Claid DMG+, Acc/Att, Double Attack and Bura offhand?

How much DMG+ is needed for it to begin winnning?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-06-15 22:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Without looking too deeply into it, CS/Nibiru A is probably best for non-Tizona users.
 Bismarck.Hellsangelz
By Bismarck.Hellsangelz 2015-06-15 23:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Without looking too deeply into it, CS/Nibiru A is probably best for non-Tizona users.

Yea F*** Escha lol.

for the Leaf slot....How does Store TP, Crit hit Rate fair vs DA? (all max augments or close to it ofc)

Whats the pecking order?
 Bismarck.Hellsangelz
By Bismarck.Hellsangelz 2015-06-16 00:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hellsangelz said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »

Yea F*** Escha lol.

for the Leaf slot....How does Store TP, Crit hit Rate fair vs DA? (all max augments or close to it ofc)

Whats the pecking order?

*Edit* sitting at max Store TP +6 right now. Will it take the entire 4% DA to beat that?
First Page 2 3 ... 176 177 178 ... 445 446 447