The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 142 143 144 ... 446 447 448
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-12 07:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's neither of those. He's referring to post cdc adjustments from the patch last week which may change how we gear for our offhand weapon.
By oyama 2014-12-12 10:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So I scanned the last couple pages and didn't see an answer as to whether either Atheling or Bleating mantles beat Rancorous mantle now that multi-hits get fTP and we're setting elemental belt.

P.S. - Prothescar, you're seriously the MAN.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-12 11:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

oyama said: »
So I scanned the last couple pages and didn't see an answer as to whether either Atheling or Bleating mantles beat Rancorous mantle now that multi-hits get fTP and we're setting elemental belt.

P.S. - Prothescar, you're seriously the MAN.

Personally I have found superior results using Rancorous Mantle as CRIT Damage on that fTP all hits results in some Crazy high Damage and is always an added lol Factor.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-12-12 16:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
On a target with 1900DEF 870EVA 200VIT 200AGI (using motenten's tojil model), optimized buffs (Haste2, Victory+5, Min5+5, Sword+5, Blade+4, 11Chaos, 11Samurai, Nat.med, Berserk, Smouldering Salisbury, Swwping Gouge, Dia II, Dunna 800skill Frailty for BLU;;;;;Haste,Victory+5, Advancing+5, Min5+5, Blade+4, 11Chaos, 11+Samurai/11 Miser, Hasso, Berserk, Overwhelm, Smouldering Salisbury, Dia II, Dunna 800skill Frailty for SAM) and top tier gear for both the BLU and the Koga SAM, I have BLU coming ahead in DPS by 11.35% before skillchains. BLU affords better buffs and gearing options due to superior haste and accuracy availability, but the gap closes slightly if the SAM is getting Haste II. This is assuming the BLU is going for allout DD, no support spells and only doing self/diffused buffs. On the example target, thanks to dual DEX usons and room for an additional Madrigal mostly, BLU doesn't need to wear any accuracy swap gear outside of whirlpool mask.

Something's probably wrong with my calculations, I can't trust my own numbers this time.

I just ran combos for everything on paper and really most combo arent very far apart, but USO/Bura was 1.8% > USO/USO, did you factor the fSTR in? or were you just capping for both
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-12-12 16:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
On a target with 1900DEF 870EVA 200VIT 200AGI (using motenten's tojil model), optimized buffs (Haste2, Victory+5, Min5+5, Sword+5, Blade+4, 11Chaos, 11Samurai, Nat.med, Berserk, Smouldering Salisbury, Swwping Gouge, Dia II, Dunna 800skill Frailty for BLU;;;;;Haste,Victory+5, Advancing+5, Min5+5, Blade+4, 11Chaos, 11+Samurai/11 Miser, Hasso, Berserk, Overwhelm, Smouldering Salisbury, Dia II, Dunna 800skill Frailty for SAM) and top tier gear for both the BLU and the Koga SAM, I have BLU coming ahead in DPS by 11.35% before skillchains. BLU affords better buffs and gearing options due to superior haste and accuracy availability, but the gap closes slightly if the SAM is getting Haste II. This is assuming the BLU is going for allout DD, no support spells and only doing self/diffused buffs. On the example target, thanks to dual DEX usons and room for an additional Madrigal mostly, BLU doesn't need to wear any accuracy swap gear outside of whirlpool mask.

Something's probably wrong with my calculations, I can't trust my own numbers this time.

I just ran combos for everything on paper and really most combo arent very far apart, but USO/Bura was 1.8% > USO/USO, did you factor the fSTR in? or were you just capping for both

Refined a couple parts of the calcs. Here's results (went over it a dozen times, can't pinpoint any issues outside of the small ones I fixed):

Most favorable conditions (attack uncapped at 1.73046875 ratio for main 1.66015625 for off with dexuson/dexuson, fstr uncapped with all sword combos, accuracy capped with all sword combos) I've got STR uson/Bura coming in at 1547 with DEX uson/bura at 1540 and DEX uson/DEX uson at 1524.

Once attack caps, STR uson/Bura = 1869, DEX uson/bura = 1875, and DEX uson/DEX uson = 1877.

When eva is set high enough to require gearswaps on top of buffs (870, like in the example) without sacrificing rolls or a GEO bubble (meaning capped attack nearly guaranteed on almost any target): STR uson/Bura = 1747(1859 with swaps), DEX uson/Bura = 1847 (1872 with swaps), DEX uson/DEX uson = 1877 (no swaps aside from mask required)

oyama said: »

Rancorous mantle still wins
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-12-12 17:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically don't go out of your way to get one or the others, because it totally depends on buffs you are getting, and none of them are that far off
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-12-12 17:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, though a case can be made for DEX/DEX on the basis of requiring less buffs and less pieces of gear for optimal performance.
By Nazrious 2014-12-12 18:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, though a case can be made for DEX/DEX on the basis of requiring less buffs and less pieces of gear for optimal performance.

So in any event where you are not hitting 99% acc Uson/Uson?

Also would open up more food options?
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-12-12 18:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah acc not capped, uso (dex)x2
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-12-12 18:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just as an aside, doing DW 90 and having a DNC party (to cap delay) allows for a CS/Neh build that is about 15% over anything else. This might happen more often as DNC is quite strong now.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-12 18:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't feel so bad about making DEX usons now. Do we have an updated CDC mild accuracy set? And I'm not sure how to figure it out with the new fTP, but is elemental belt best for a max set or is windbuffet +1 still slightly better?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-12-12 18:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »

or where the swords allow you to cap accuracy while wearing extra stp/da/ta/etc. gear or drop an acc buff

Odin.Jassik said: »
I don't feel so bad about making DEX usons now. Do we have an updated CDC mild accuracy set? And I'm not sure how to figure it out with the new fTP, but is elemental belt best for a max set or is windbuffet +1 still slightly better?

Have yet to run into a situation where CDC needs gearswaps to maintain capped acc, but can change to bb/sf ears and honed tathlum with the most minimal loss. math about fTP's effect on damage posted above/on last page, ele belt > wind+1, ele belt+gorget worth about 15% extra damage on CDC
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-12-12 19:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I missed it, thanks.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-12-12 19:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Doc, what do you mean by CS/Neh? I'm assuming Neh means Nehushtan, but oblivious on CS. And how is realmrazer since the update? With all of us so hyped over CDC and DW4 I haven't seen any talk about it.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-12-12 19:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

He means Claidheamh Soluis, and no, Realmrazer didn't gain nearly as much from the update.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-12-12 20:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

CS = Claidheamh Soluis

Realmrazer got roughly 9% bump, which, although the build I had was ideal and outpaced CDC by a fair margin at the time, is sadly now about 30% behind any good CDC build.

Also my DNC now crushes my BLU even with the huge CDC buff, this whole update kinda killing it for me
By Nazrious 2014-12-12 20:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Nazrious said: »

or where the swords allow you to cap accuracy while wearing extra stp/da/ta/etc. gear or drop an acc buff

Odin.Jassik said: »

Have yet to run into a situation where CDC needs gearswaps to maintain capped acc, but can change to bb/sf ears and honed tathlum with the most minimal loss. math about fTP's effect on damage posted above/on last page, ele belt > wind+1, ele belt+gorget worth about 15% extra damage on CDC

So beaing able to say maintain Bleating mantle or like ginsen instead of having to switch to Letalis (or grounded) or having to swap to honed? Maybe leaving asperity instead of using Ej/Iqabi?

Looking like Droppign Ej neck for the second uson to keep asperity would be ahead. But my math is not the best.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-12-12 20:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty much. can't always avoid switching iuitl+1 to whirlpool though
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-12 20:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

CS = Claidheamh Soluis

Realmrazer got roughly 9% bump, which, although the build I had was ideal and outpaced CDC by a fair margin at the time, is sadly now about 30% behind any good CDC build.

Also my DNC now crushes my BLU even with the huge CDC buff, this whole update kinda killing it for me

We should go *** at SE and get ***reverted!
By FaeQueenCory 2014-12-13 14:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Can't tell if cereal or trolling, Conagh...

Bolded part: Highly subjective.
And I'm pretty sure even with the 20k Rudra shenanigans... ideal!BLU should "be better" than ideal!DNC if only by virtue that BLU's white damage will be higher. (Sword OR Club.)
Not to mention CA-Efflux shenanigans.

Though it seems like casting spells makes you a "bad" BLU now with this update... lol (hyperbole before anyone says anything)

And on that note, Sweeping Gouge's DEF down is pretty baller... Any word on the SC properties?
I'd not expect it to have light or darkness capabilities... but... you never know.
Anyone know?
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-12-13 14:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It is very likely that his DNC beats his BLU. DNC can force crit and a stacked Rudra is really that broken.
By tennotsukai87 2014-12-13 19:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone done much testing on Sweeping Gouge? I've messed around with it on Incursion but haven't been able to land def down on any of the bosses...at least, I don't think I have. Has anyone noticed how accurate the def down is in other events mainly on NMs or bosses? Does anyone know how long the spell can last unresisted?
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-12-13 20:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd hope SE would make it highly accurate after the whole tourbillion fiasco.
By FaeQueenCory 2014-12-13 20:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

But then why would we grind out the Job Points for the +additional effect accuracy???
9u9

$5 says if we notice it having a tourbillion acc... that SE's response would be "just get Job Points"... Y'know... like how that's their answer for all the new spells being 6+ points to set with the same setpoints and spell slots as 75BLU has...
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-13 20:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Can't tell if cereal or trolling, Conagh...

Bolded part: Highly subjective.
And I'm pretty sure even with the 20k Rudra shenanigans... ideal!BLU should "be better" than ideal!DNC if only by virtue that BLU's white damage will be higher. (Sword OR Club.)
Not to mention CA-Efflux shenanigans.

Though it seems like casting spells makes you a "bad" BLU now with this update... lol (hyperbole before anyone says anything)

And on that note, Sweeping Gouge's DEF down is pretty baller... Any word on the SC properties?
I'd not expect it to have light or darkness capabilities... but... you never know.
Anyone know?

In terms of Pure Melee Damage, DNC shits on BLU, it's really not close. DNC>BLU assuming same gear/abuility (which doc is definitely) DNC wins by a Fair margin.

I math'd it, I parsed it. Parse was about the same as Maths was.... DNC is seriously stupid strong right now.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-12-13 21:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What weapons does everyone use for cleaving with Subduction? I've been debating whether or not to build two of the delve 2.0 MAB clubs, but I'm not particularly familiar with the hierarchy for clubs in terms of magic damage capabilities.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-13 21:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
What weapons does everyone use for cleaving with Subduction? I've been debating whether or not to build two of the delve 2.0 MAB clubs, but I'm not particularly familiar with the hierarchy for clubs in terms of magic damage capabilities.

Alluvia with MAB Augs wins hand s down

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-12-14 06:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Mab Neshutan beats Gaboraxea R15 for Subduction?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Kainstryder 2014-12-14 06:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

tennotsukai87 said: »
Has anyone done much testing on Sweeping Gouge? I've messed around with it on Incursion but haven't been able to land def down on any of the bosses...at least, I don't think I have. Has anyone noticed how accurate the def down is in other events mainly on NMs or bosses? Does anyone know how long the spell can last unresisted?

It's a 90 second defense down, and can be resisted. I've seen it last 45 seconds as an example.
First Page 2 3 ... 142 143 144 ... 446 447 448