[Dev] FINAL FANTASY XI 2012 Roadmap
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-04-25 11:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

All this sounds fun and has potential, but ultimately I'm still waiting for a new expansion to be released.
[+]
By Behar 2012-04-25 11:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to come back to playing FFXI. (I quit over a year ago) But the only thing that would bring me back is a new expansion. This other crap they keep adding doesn't make me coming back worth wile.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-04-25 11:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Xtinae said: »
Jetackuu said: »
... I really hope they allow the game to be split into multiple windows, so I can move like the party list to another window, would be awesome.
dont forget to drag that other window to a 2nd monitor - even more awesome :)

oh that goes without saying
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-25 11:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mahoro said: »
Some nice additions coming up (with the potential for even more at Vana'fest), and an entirely new event in Dungeon Crawling. Definitely excited to see what this is about. Play-as-a-Monster sounds like new Pankration and I could see it being cheesy though.
All these stuff is cool and all, but if it's all we're getting for the entire year...screw them. But like I said my last glimmers of hope lie in Vanafest, the things they'll say there will mark the destiny of this game.
[+]
 Siren.Xenophire
Server: Siren
user: Xenophire
By Siren.Xenophire 2012-04-25 12:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
I'd rather not have the game flooded with 10 year olds.
Could have fooled me with way some people act as it is.
[+]
By Chyula 2012-04-25 12:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

1 year of time producing 3 months worth of content, SE really need to fire this *** team. Most of the ***just shouldn't even be called new contents aka tweaking UI, Tanaka go *** yourself with that BARANCE banner.
[+]
By Artemicion 2012-04-25 12:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It's thoughtful of them cleaning up things that were needed ages ago and stretching out longevity in old content, but to be frank, for being in the dusk of the game's lifespan, the ideal thing to do would be to continue creating expansions, thus providing new content which people are downright yearning for, and thus adding a respectable timeline of players to continue playing, and thus paying.

The whole roadmap looks more like a bad apology letter to make up for all the minor (or major) ***-ups from the past. Except it's like several years too late. Just move on and give us what we really want SE. There's little to no excuse not to when it's still P2P, especially at the price for admission.
[+]
By Azurea 2012-04-25 12:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
Carbuncle.Cardinalgate said: »
can someone blow up the pic of the road map then post it i cant read it well even after i zoom in on it.

wait why cant u do it?
i do not have a program that i can use to do it.

Derp
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-04-25 12:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Azurea said: »
Carbuncle.Cardinalgate said: »
can someone blow up the pic of the road map then post it i cant read it well even after i zoom in on it.

wait why cant u do it?
i do not have a program that i can use to do it.

Derp

It's more derp that he could just use ctrl and + to zoom in the actual page.
[+]
 Asura.Zart
Server: Asura
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2012-04-25 12:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree with Artemicion.
I welcome the adjustments to Limbus.
This game has so much content that I haven't even got around to Einhherjar or Salvage yet so, I welcome those adjustments as well. As I like to eventually do a mythic. I think one of the reasons I like FFXI so much is because they don't dismiss old content as soon as the latest content is released.

My thoughts on Limbus expansion is:
it could be really interesting if they make artifact +2 gear, and to make it similar to the relic +2. Where each set has either a bonus to an ability, or each set has a set bonus. I think it's a good idea because a lot of players that don't have much time or gear, can get themselves geared in limbus or dynamis easier then abyssea.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-25 12:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This makes me even happier. :)
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-04-25 13:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought they already said they werent making af1+2 gear? I dont know its easy to forget all of these useless announcements.
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mahoro577
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2012-04-25 13:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
It's thoughtful of them cleaning up things that were needed ages ago and stretching out longevity in old content, but to be frank, for being in the dusk of the game's lifespan, the ideal thing to do would be to continue creating expansions, thus providing new content which people are downright yearning for, and thus adding a respectable timeline of players to continue playing, and thus paying.

The whole roadmap looks more like a bad apology letter to make up for all the minor (or major) ***-ups from the past. Except it's like several years too late. Just move on and give us what we really want SE. There's little to no excuse not to when it's still P2P, especially at the price for admission.

If they DID consider this the dusk of the game's lifespan, I'm not sure why that would spur them to continue creating expansions. I think their roadmap is more or less acceptable for 7-8 months (remember it's just April-Dec.) as it combines new content with revamped old content and a host of job/UI adjustments. Regardless, I echo other people's sentiments and would like to see an expansion or new storyline. I assume this will be one of the first questions asked by the fans at Vana'fest.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-04-25 13:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What expansions are you speaking of?
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-04-25 13:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zart said: »
This game has so much content that I haven't even got around to Einhherjar or Salvage yet so, I welcome those adjustments as well. As I like to eventually do a mythic. I think one of the reasons I like FFXI so much is because they don't dismiss old content as soon as the latest content is released.

Yeah no doubt. While I can imagine that there are a good number of people that are finished with all those things, there are even more who are not. I think they do a pretty good job of making things accessible to the various levels of player experience and ability. Yeah, there has never ever been an update or change that has made ffxi perfect for me. I'm also not the only person playing the game - so it's ok.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-25 13:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, I have no particular complaints.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2012-04-25 13:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad theyre labeling the upcoming content for Limbus/Einherjar/Salvage as "Expansion", because what they did with their complete overhaul of Walk of Echoes made it worse.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2012-04-25 13:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The enfeebling adjustments should be a month sooner.
By volkom 2012-04-25 13:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

they should make an open pvp server :D

or give mnks shunko
[+]
 Shiva.Kewitt
user: ginger
By Shiva.Kewitt 2012-04-25 13:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking forward to the small changes. I understand they have a large team working on FFXIV. Once the rush to get 2.0 out there will likely be a few internal moves within the company and if FFXI is still going strong and it likely will be. We will see some bigger changes. FFXI still has a lot more servers then many F2P games so don't think it's changing anytime soon.

The F2P system doesn't generate more money then P2P. How do we know this. DnD has a hybrid system, and if they would be making more money purely on F2P they would have drop the Monthly system. Also F2P has many draw backs. Biggest being balance something SE says is a goal. Also you get many trolls playing game. Games that a P2P generally have people invested in the game and care about where it is going.

Most of the People I looked at that want F2P there achivements are kind of low. So they don't really play much or haven't done most of the content that is already out there.
By volkom 2012-04-25 13:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kewitt said: »
I'm looking forward to the small changes. I understand they have a large team working on FFXIV. Once the rush to get 2.0 out there will likely be a few internal moves within the company and if FFXI is still going strong and it likely will be. We will see some bigger changes. FFXI still has a lot more servers then many F2P games so don't think it's changing anytime soon.

The F2P system doesn't generate more money then P2P. How do we know this. DnD has a hybrid system, and if they would be making more money purely on F2P they would have drop the Monthly system. Also F2P has many draw backs. Biggest being balance something SE says is a goal. Also you get many trolls playing game. Games that a P2P generally have people invested in the game and care about where it is going.

Most of the People I looked at that want F2P there achivements are kind of low. So they don't really play much or haven't done most of the content that is already out there.

depends what the game store is like. like league of legends...they generate tons every day >.> if ffxi had a game store in which people could pay real money for w/e. they items they have to list has to be very specific as to not break the game. can't be selling kraken clubs to everyone. has to be things with utility that can enhance the character instead of flat out uber gears.

be something like a treasure hunter buff, phoenix's downs, aoe raise items, exp buffs, items that drastically increase the chance of item drops, character face/model changes/do-overs, and reskins of items
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-04-25 13:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

what i cant wait for is the last thing on the list something about giving more character customization,what they could do is give us more hair dos and things like that for all races then if they wanted they can set up a shop in the game that u can pay gil to update your characters look seeing as the changes will be for all new characters from the point of the update past character may not get it i cant wait to read more on this.

edit

Quote:
how do u think this would work,i just do not understand why u say they should give us this.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-04-25 13:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Its been 5 years since WOTG. I highly doubt an expansion is coming.
By volkom 2012-04-25 13:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
how do u think this would work,i just do not understand why u say they should give us this.

change some of the lore up on the pvp sever so all 3 nations (bastok, sandy, windurst) are at war with each other like they were in the past. so controlling outposts in different zones allows characters of their nation to freely warp to there while others can't, also chance of item drops/exp from those regions are increased significantly for characters of those nations. have neutral non pvp zones around jeuno/aht urghan areas and in the past and dungeon areas. allow dueling to occur between two people in any zone. etc etc
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-25 13:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I really want them to make it so my elf can wear an up-do.

New expansions/content? pft
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-04-25 13:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

Quote:

change some of the lore up on the pvp sever so all 3 nations (bastok, sandy, windurst) are at war with each other like they were in the past. so controlling outposts in different zones allows characters of their nation to freely warp to there while others can't, also chance of item drops/exp from those regions are increased significantly for characters of those nations. have neutral non pvp zones around jeuno/aht urghan areas and in the past and dungeon areas. allow dueling to occur between two people in any zone. etc etc
i do not think a update like that to the pvp system would work out for the people who still exp outside of abyssea zones or for people who do not have the last 3 add ons yet.

Quote:
New expansion
this i can see working to bring a lot of people back to the game if they do it right.
By Artemicion 2012-04-25 13:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zart said: »

My thoughts on Limbus expansion is:
it could be really interesting if they make artifact +2 gear, and to make it similar to the relic +2. Where each set has either a bonus to an ability, or each set has a set bonus. I think it's a good idea because a lot of players that don't have much time or gear, can get themselves geared in limbus or dynamis easier then abyssea.

This may be fine for someone relatively new to the game. But by the time you get your fill of a particular section of content, you'll be worn out over constant rehashes and fixed adjustments to the same areas when it becomes relevant to upgrade. Every major update to FFXI is just adding a +1 or +2 to what has been out for years. With the pace of things moving in a more streamlined direction, even newer players will get bored of the same old song and dance after awhile.
[+]
By volkom 2012-04-25 13:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

Quote:

i do not think a update like that to the pvp system would work out for the people who still exp outside of abyssea zones or for people who do not have the last 3 add ons yet.
its about the pvp not the pve >:[
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-04-25 13:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Release roadmap showing all the updates...Shenanigans and bitching ensues~

cant wait to see what that new gear has on it...and what they actually do to limbus and salvage...lots of nice shiney things coming :<
By Artemicion 2012-04-25 13:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Simply put: Painting the sky red in old zones and making you superman, or recoloring and resizing monsters and then stamping them as baddies from a parallel dimension with world ending consequence or adding more appealing and relevant stats to old gear and increased difficulty to mediums of gameplay that have been out for ages is not my idea of something fun or fulfilling.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10