2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Best damage jug
Best damage jug
First Page 2
By sefalon 2012-03-21 11:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I do dynamis with bst and a thief. The need for TH1dipper
is not needed since the thief hits every mob. I normally use dipper or sheep with the occasional Falcor but I wanted to know what the best attacking jug is. Is there a jug that outdamages the others?
 Fenrir.Flamm
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Flamm
By Fenrir.Flamm 2012-03-21 12:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Gorefang Hobs is pretty nasty
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-03-21 12:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just use luckylulush or something.

edit: Might still wanna use Dipper or Falcor to utilize their evasion.
By sefalon 2012-03-21 13:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

I don't see how your level 1 bst is going to help me decide on a jug to use. I was asking based on the fact I have not used any of the new jugs besides the 3 I have mentioned. Falcor and dipper work fine and have a ton of benefits. If there is a jug that can help speed up the kill faster than what the 3 I mentioned please let me know.
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
Server: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2012-03-21 13:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lulush is rather strong and can heal occasionally.
By sefalon 2012-03-21 13:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cathaldus said: »
Lulush is rather strong and can heal occasionally.

Is it stronger than dipper or Falcor?
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-03-21 13:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

sefalon said: »

I don't see how your level 1 bst is going to help me decide on a jug to use. I was asking based on the fact I have not used any of the new jugs besides the 3 I have mentioned. Falcor and dipper work fine and have a ton of benefits. If there is a jug that can help speed up the kill faster than what the 3 I mentioned please let me know.

It doesn't take a 99 bst to open up ffxiclopedia.org, search call beast, and make a response for you. On that note i'd also like to chime in for lucky or gorefang
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-21 13:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Falcorr is your strongest option.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-21 13:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly the frog. SE said it is the "mascot pet for BST."
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-21 13:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

dapper mac wears a tux. he's the james bond of the jug pets.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-03-21 13:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

With BA merits, and relic +2 hands rabbits are by far the best all purpose pets imo. Having the flexibility to AOE heal itself, and your party is a massive win for low man situations where people are /dnc instead of bringing a healer.

Crowd control is simple with Whirl Claws, and it does better aoe damage than a lot of pets single target tp moves. Foot kick is also very high on the damage scale for single target pet attack.

When you combine all of that flexibility with how dirt cheap the mats are to cook rabbit jugs the rabbit easily becomes the best all purpose jug post TH nerf. If somewhere down the road when this TH pet gear is introduced Yuly, and Falcor could end up at one level of TH higher than the rest. Until then I would stick to rabbits unless a specific jug is needed for killer effects or elemental resistance.
[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2012-03-21 13:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Without a doubt.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-21 13:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

All my [+]s go to Scizor.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-03-21 13:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

lol seriously?
[+]
By sefalon 2012-03-21 13:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

lol seriously?

I asked what was a better damaging jug than what I currently have been using based on other bst experiences using the new jugs...
You say use lucklu or something.... So what am I missing here
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-03-21 14:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

could just buy one of each jug and test them all yourself, or do wiki research on all the pets.

from the bst's I have stolen mobs from seen in Dynamis, they prefer the Hypogriph more and Ladybug second, even if they have a thf.
 Siren.Mcclane
Server: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-03-21 14:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The best jug is obviously...
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-21 14:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sabotender, 1k needles everything
By sefalon 2012-03-21 14:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wikki doesn't have all the answers and I am not looking to waste Gil on a bunch of jugs when I can ask other bst who have used them their opinions. That is what these forums are for. If I want to learn how to shoot a jump shot I ask Michael Jordan I don't listen to the guy who read the book. I received a couple very helpful responses which I will use to determine what jug to use.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-21 14:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not going to make proper use of this or any forum with such a fallacious mindset. You'd be wise to note the difference between learning how to perfect a physical activity and learning whether the algorithms this game runs on favor one pet over the other.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-21 14:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to know anything about mathematical algorithms to understand that one is better suited to a situation than another.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-03-21 14:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Sabotender, 1k needles everything

Be gone Bst hater!
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-03-21 14:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The rabbit isnt as good as you would think for dyan it goes down really quick even with a reward set and dt- gear it takes too much damage what you save on.the jug you spend it on pet food. You can always use the turtle. You are better off using a pet that can evade more or take less damage and dish out decent damage rather than one that does a load of damage but.doeant stay up long. If the pet is tanking id rather use dipper since it has acc down move.

Tl:dr if pets tanking use dipper or falcorr if its not use rabbit or tiger.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-21 14:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
You don't need to know anything about mathematical algorithms to understand that one is better suited to a situation than another.

I didn't suggest that you did.

Whether x favors y =/= what causes x to favor y
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-03-21 14:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
The rabbit isnt as good as you would think for dyan it goes down really quick even with a reward set and dt- gear it takes too much damage what you save on.the jug you spend it on pet food. You can always use the turtle. You are better off using a pet that can evade more or take less damage and dish out decent damage rather than one that does a load of damage but.doeant stay up long. If the pet is tanking id rather use dipper since it has acc down move.

Tl:dr if pets tanking use dipper or falcorr if its not use rabbit or tiger.

The hits the rabbit takes, and the "slight increase" in pet food is more than made up for by it's damaging tp moves vs Yuly's which are crap damagewise. Your kill speed equals more currency which easily pays for the extra food used, and more. This is of course in reference to going with a thf where TH is already accounted for, and the Bst can focus more on all purpose pets vs TH ones.

I've used zillions of yuly's, and rabbits in dynamis, and those are my results.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2012-03-21 14:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I do dynamis with bst and a thief. The need for TH1dipper
is not needed since the thief hits every mob. I normally use dipper or sheep with the occasional Falcor but I wanted to know what the best attacking jug is. Is there a jug that outdamages the others?
Well you're wrong to start, as the TH nerf hasn't actually happened yet.
As for DD Dynamis, I'd say go Falcorr due to being strong+eva, if talking pure DD then something like Rabbit or Gorefang.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-03-21 14:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty certain gorefang is stronger than the rabbit, I have no idea how it compares to some of the nwwer pets though.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2012-03-21 14:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Dapper's pretty awful, Raphie's not a DD and Falcorr I haven't actually fully tested them v rabbit v gorefang, but Falcorr is pretty potent when talking Dynamis.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-03-21 14:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The rabbit makes awesome high pitched angry rabbit noises.

BEAT THAT!
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-03-21 14:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So when you have say a few mobs on your pet is the rabbit actually gunna stay alive? One dyna due to links/aggro endded up with 5 mobs cant see the rabbit being able to tank that. Spiral spin can do nice damage ive seen many reaching 1k+ but w/e floats your boat could go a dd/dnc or drg/mage and do more damage and stay alive just as well since th isnt an issue blu/dnc is a good one.
First Page 2