Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Namas Arrow Dmg
Namas Arrow Dmg
By Artemicion 2012-03-10 11:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I could only imagine Nama's Arrow being useful for the aftermath effect, but again that wouldn't be worth the reduction in damage delt from choice of WS, amount of TP stored to make use of it, and also the accuracy would likely be overkill since you were using an yoichi in the first place.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm merely speculating.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-03-10 11:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoichi is only decent for SAM if you don't have an amano, otherwise coulda been an amano lol. Or if you have any other job that's relic is decent and don't have said relic, yoichi is fair peice of trash in comparison to other things.

@Bacon, seriously don't try defend Yoichi, you made a mistake making it, I suspect you know this and just trying to find ways to justify you dumping millions into it wasn't for nothing.
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2012-03-10 11:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Prototyp said: »
Yoichi is only decent for SAM if you don't have an amano, otherwise coulda been an amano lol. Or if you have any other job that's relic is decent and don't have said relic, yoichi is fair peice of trash in comparison to other things.

@Bacon, seriously don't try defend Yoichi, you made a mistake making it, I suspect you know this and just trying to find ways to justify you dumping millions into it wasn't for nothing.

Says the guy with the annihilator. I fell that you made a mistake and wasted your gil on that piece of trash. You're just upset you didn't make a bow and wasted money on a lolgun. No matter how hard you try you won't be near as awesome as Vincent(ff7).
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-10 11:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What?
By Artemicion 2012-03-10 11:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Adamantly defending your personal decision and belittling others for what is mathematically sound and efficient is not very flattering.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
Server: Bismarck
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-03-10 11:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Do both weapons and fight with yourself over which is better. God.
By Quiznor 2012-03-10 11:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Baconchips said: »

Says the guy with the annihilator. I fell that you made a mistake and wasted your gil on that piece of trash. You're just upset you didn't make a bow and wasted money on a lolgun. No matter how hard you try you won't be near as awesome as Vincent(ff7).

Go go COR mythic~

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-03-10 11:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Chronosphere said: »
or you could just make Gastraphetes and shove your Apollo's staff into every mob's butt :3c
Looks at Hoho!!! O_O
[+]
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-03-10 11:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You really believe Yoichi is better than Anni? you poor soul.

And Idk what this vincent talk is about, gonna assume your confusing my avatar with him. Guy in my avatar is Starrk from the anime Bleach
[+]
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2012-03-10 11:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Gun's should never have been put into this game. Bow's are definitely way cooler! i'll admit that i have a hate for marksmanship/guns that is unmatched. I can't stand them, what they look like, what they sound like, the poses you use them in...

What I'm trying to convey is that Not a single person with a Yoichi will say it's garbage because WE ALL KNOW exactly what it does. Those that have never touched one have this "idea" in their head about it. It's still the best bow in the game.

It's like Diablo II. There were Bowzons and Javazons... I wouldn't touch a javazon with a 10 foot pole because bow's to me are cooler and yet still practical.

So until you put that gun away and make a Yoichi and actually play with it. stfu
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-03-10 11:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Starrk
He was such a gun RNG.

So until you put that gun away and make a Yoichi and actually play with it. stfu
Working on it!
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2012-03-10 11:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You really believe Yoichi is better than Anni? you poor soul.

And Idk what this vincent talk is about, gonna assume your confusing my avatar with him. Guy in my avatar is Starrk from the anime Bleach

I wasn't referring to your avatar. Guns were not a part of final fantasy until Vincent was introduced in ff7 is all i was saying.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-10 11:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's still the best bow in the game.
Not so sure it's the case.

Quote:
Besides the fact that anyone can do math and stuff, test server allows everyone to, you know, test all the weapons.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-03-10 11:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Chronosphere said: »
or you could just make Gastraphetes and shove your Apollo's staff into every mob's butt :3c

Should still be spamming last stand with trueflight for AM3 only....dmg from TF really sucks.

As has been said, yoichi is weak in VW but has use for neo-dynamis when rng is appropriate (i.e. very rarely) and may have use in legion when its released. If you have harrier/gandiva then those will be more effective generally.

That said, think this is pretty ideal:

Please shut up, yoichi got a kicking but just hope it makes a come back with legion. Everything yoichi does, anni does better as for enmity generation. Yoichi's advantage was WS dmg over coronach, which has been negated with last stand now.

Imo, if you have sam and dont have at least 90masa or tp bonus kanto then why are you playing sam? Either of those are 100 times easier/quicker/cheaper than yoichi and both more effective for sam. Situational is situational but a beirsault bow or w/e is just as good for distance tp building (its not applicable on rex/alima, so racc issues are moot)
By Artemicion 2012-03-10 11:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno. I think guns are pretty badass.

[+]
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-03-10 11:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoichi isn't garbage as such, but when compared to other relics you could've gotten with the money from yoichi.. well, you see where I'm going with this.

Like SAM? - Amano
Like RNG? - Anni
wanna have a -1 weapon that both jobs can use? - Yoichi
This is amusing you don't already have an Amano for SAM, but honestly, Idk when you'd even use your yoichi productively on SAM. Town?
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-03-10 11:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoichi isn't garbage as such, but when compared to other relics you could've gotten with the money from yoichi.. well, you see where I'm going with this.

Like SAM? - Amano
Like RNG? - Anni
wanna have a -1 weapon that both jobs can use? - Yoichi
This is amusing you don't already have an Amano for SAM, but honestly, Idk when you'd even use your yoichi productively on SAM. Town?

Quint spear sam/dnc dyna farming! Oh im sad now...
 Lakshmi.Zaps
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2012-03-10 11:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

still off topic, no one cares about if gun is better then bow (we all know it is, quit beating a dead horse)

i made bow because I'd rather shoot something i have the availability to make. I am sure some of you gun users love shooting 100-200k in ammo every time you do VW.

namas is fine, played with it on the test server (no eyeballing but not a very big test either) and at 99 namas is better then your other options.

also stacking asstons of str is the way to go.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zaps
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zaps
By Lakshmi.Zaps 2012-03-10 11:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

those hmp's pay for my voiddust!
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2012-03-10 11:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of you forget what this topic is about.... NAMAS ARROW DAMAGE. Stop trolling and making yourself fell cool about the interwebs and a video game. Go make your own thread of all this other BS so we can be sure to not go there because this is in no way what we were here to talk about in this thread.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-03-10 11:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's your avatar that is keeping me here tbh.

P.S I feel cool now
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-03-10 12:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

btw that was @Bacon's avatar, not that wierd little girl slapping her *** as if to say "Come get it". Just so theres no confusion. ^^
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2012-03-10 12:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What's this? we agree on something?
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-03-10 12:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you still genuinely believe Yoichi>Anni? otherwise no, not really.