users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Embrava set
Embrava set
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-05-04 15:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd also like to point out that that it's possible to hit 500 without Enlightenment OR Rubeus boots, provided that you have your Kirin's Pole maxed out.

No one does Bhishani, so that may be easier for some people.
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2012-05-04 15:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

+11 on the Kirin's pole. NQ body. sitting right at 500. no augmenting earring needed.

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Malphius
user: Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2012-06-29 18:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So AF pants need to be worn as you cast the spell not as you activate light arts? Cause that kinda sucks. Would be nice if you could stack them with Portent pants.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-29 19:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Malphius said: »
So AF pants need to be worn as you cast the spell not as you activate light arts? Cause that kinda sucks. Would be nice if you could stack them with Portent pants.

You have 99 sch and don't know what the AF pants do? /sigh.. Yes you have to keep them on during light arts....
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-29 19:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The +Skill is basically a latent effect when the proper arts is active.
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-06-29 19:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
I'd also like to point out that that it's possible to hit 500 without Enlightenment OR Rubeus boots, provided that you have your Kirin's Pole maxed out.

No one does Bhishani, so that may be easier for some people.

Why?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-29 19:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not Qilin, Kaggen, or Pil?
[+]
 Sylph.Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2012-06-29 20:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Sylph.Malphius said: »

You have 99 sch and don't know what the AF pants do? /sigh.. Yes you have to keep them on during light arts....

Why is this a problem? I only recently leveled Scholar and AF1 is pretty out of date. I hadn't even considered getting it till I started looking for ways to hit 500 Enhancing.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-29 20:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

How is sch AF1 out of date if 4/5 pieces are still used?

edit: And yes that's a serious question.
Head: sublimation
Body: drain/aspir/enfeeble body under dark arts
Legs: Healing and enhancing
Feet: FC build (not sure their FC Vs AF2+2 but it's still a very good FC piece regardless)
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-29 20:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

AF1 Feet are Cast Time and Recast -5%, whereas Af2+2 are 5%/2.5% (like standard FC gear).

That aside, AF1 feet don't work on spells stacked with Accession/Manifestation/Celerity/Alacrity.
By Dantedmc 2012-06-29 20:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

- relic feet affect all spells,not just spells in the right grimoire though. That and the fact that I already use relic feet for cures makes it my choice since sch is always low on free inventory slots.

- I also don't use the legs for healing and I use portent pants for enhancing / enfeebling / dark.

- body I uses savant's (could also use nares)

- head is a solid choice, but i've found that i'm fine with heka's / nefer's 3tic refresh and would be using heka's anyway.

Most of it comes down to the fact that body / legs / feet are all grimoire exclusive and all of the new pieces work in either grimoire and/or save inventory.
 Sylph.Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2012-06-29 21:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
How is sch AF1 out of date if 4/5 pieces are still used?

edit: And yes that's a serious question.
Head: sublimation
Body: drain/aspir/enfeeble body under dark arts
Legs: Healing and enhancing
Feet: FC build (not sure their FC Vs AF2+2 but it's still a very good FC piece regardless)

- I've never been hurting for MP so badly that I've needed Sublimation to work faster. Sublimation + Convert + Refresh + Temps. I'm sitting pretty on MP.

- I leave Enfeebling to RDM as they have tier 2 spells and should be using them. I know I do when I play RDM.

- Tatsumaki Sitagoromo and Portent pants > AF1 by far.

- AF2+2 i'll give props too. That's a nice piece. This is something worth picking up.

SCH is NOT my main job. It's recent. I came here asking a simple question. I do not have encyclopedic knowledge of AF1 stats because at this point in the game, 99% of it is useless. If you choose to carry around a piece of gear for every single situation that's great and I can appreciate that. However SCH is already very gear heavy and I'm not picking up or looking at AF1 due to INVENTORY CONSTRICTIONS. Had these pieces stacked it would have been worth it to grab them up and that was my only question. Thanks 1337 Scholars of the world for the snide answer.
 Sylph.Malphius
By Sylph.Malphius 2012-06-29 21:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
The +Skill is basically a latent effect when the proper arts is active.

Thank you for your reply. ^^
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-06-30 06:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Are boots really needed in enhancing set?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-30 12:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »

Are boots really needed in enhancing set?

Either boots or a perfect augment on Kirin's Pole and luck on ASA earring, I believe.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Viktorie
Server: Shiva
user: viktaru
By Shiva.Viktorie 2012-08-10 02:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya like me.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-08-10 02:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Best necro in awhile.
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-08-10 03:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

AF1 Feet are Cast Time and Recast -5%, whereas Af2+2 are 5%/2.5% (like standard FC gear).

That aside, AF1 feet don't work on spells stacked with Accession/Manifestation/Celerity/Alacrity.

eww is that true? so on accession-buffs i get nothing from the af1 feet with light arts up for casting/recast time D:? but with other stratagems they still work ya? like perp hastes?
 Phoenix.Aerolite
Server: Phoenix
user: Daily
By Phoenix.Aerolite 2012-08-10 03:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said: »

eww is that true? so on accession-buffs i get nothing from the af1 feet with light arts up for casting/recast time D:? but with other stratagems they still work ya? like perp hastes?
Yup, basically.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
By Otomis 2012-09-08 18:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If you do not want to spend lots of gil or use AH items, or try for the near never drops anhur robe This set will take you to 500 with merits, Argute body trial + 10 min on Kirins pole. If like many the only time you gear up sch is for Embrava burning cheap yet effective might be the way to go.

~ Get it done before they nerf it, lol.