Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 517 518 519 ... 842 843 844
By clearlyamule 2017-12-28 17:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

er yeah think I was rdm/sch. chainspell drain was da best.

bst with funguar could solo potentially. But yeah burned thousands of seals on it just for the npcables and took forever to do. Think I was making money faster on Hak's
By maxiel 2017-12-29 01:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently returned, and I'm at a miss on what will give me the best bang for my buck on the upcoming Dark matter campaign. I'm looking to gear WHM, WAR, RDM, GEO and possibly RNG & BLM . I still feel like I'm flexible with whichever jobs I truly enjoy or want to master, so I'd rather go for the biggest game changer. Lookin to esp gear the slots that are lackluster.
 Asura.Seriweri
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2017-12-29 02:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn´t really count on getting anything useful out of a DM campaign. You can be lucky of course, but it´s far too random to count on it.

That being said, it´s "easiest" to "go" for stats that are worthwile on their own, like refresh on idle pieces. It doesn´t matter if it comes together with the inevitable pet:vit+1, it´s still useful. On the other hand, getting quad attack +3 along with chr+5 and drain/aspir potency but no acc/att at all will just make you want to scratch your skin off your face.
Also, if you only have one copy of an augmentable piece and you actually want to use it, don´t DM it. Get extra copies for that.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-29 02:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally reserve DM campaigns for Refresh and TH.

If I happen to get a phenomenal aug instead of refresh or TH (yeah right) I'll take it.
By Afania 2017-12-29 02:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

maxiel said: »
I recently returned, and I'm at a miss on what will give me the best bang for my buck on the upcoming Dark matter campaign. I'm looking to gear WHM, WAR, RDM, GEO and possibly RNG & BLM . I still feel like I'm flexible with whichever jobs I truly enjoy or want to master, so I'd rather go for the biggest game changer. Lookin to esp gear the slots that are lackluster.

I personally don't really give a damn about refresh, with the power of brd ballad in melee pt and Myrkr in mage pt and fight over so fast, mp is really really rarely an issue these days. And this came from someone who is as gimp as playing mage in pre-ilv gears and do ambu with it. If I don't run out of MP in such a bad gear, then any decently geared mage won't.

To my knowledge, for 2h DD QA+3 is still massive improvement. Although acc may be bad, but you can get acc from songs. I TP in multiple QA+3 herc on RUN, despite my acc gets lower than reso set (and RUN reso set acc is bad enough), I can still cap in ambu VD with songs.

I would personally aim for qa +3 on WAR all day everyday.

Edit: Maybe a few mab/wsd pieces if you like RNG. But the job is a lot more niche than melee so I would still aim for melee if I were you.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By zaxtiss 2017-12-29 08:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

yes it does anything above 3 people scales up i'm not sure about the % though.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-12-29 08:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Is it true that ffxi has a scaling system, where every person after the 3rd adds an extra 10% to their hp pool?

I've noticed that when I ask friends from my linkshell to join and do content I have harder fights than when I'm doing it with my alt.
It's not built into FFXI, it's tied to different content systems.

Unity, Delve, Incursion, Gaes Fete, among others scale.

Vagary, Omen, and any type of BCNM don't scale.

It is not just an extra 10% either, it's linear scaling based on number of party members. I believe unity and delve start at 3, and Gaes Fete starts at 6.

For example:

NM A in Gaes Fete has 500k base HP with 6. If you pop it with 8, it will have 8/6 * 500k = 666,667 HP. If you pop it with 6 or less, it will have 500k.

NM B in Unity has 500k base HP with 3. If you pop it with 6, it will have 6/3 * 500k = 1,000,000 HP. If you pop it with 3 or less, it will have 500k.

Speaking generally, if you are not employing a zerg strategy any relatively well geared person will be 'worth their spot'. People worry too much about the HP, contributions matter. With a zerg strategy, especially SMN conduit, your number of members will matter more, as they need to keep damage proportional.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Geneyus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Geneyus
By Lakshmi.Geneyus 2017-12-29 23:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having an error where one of my characters will appear on the party list twice on his screen only. Subsequently, when he targets any mob, the whole party list shifts down and is unreadable. Anyone experience this before and/or know the fix?

Thanks.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-30 01:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Unity, Incursion, and Geas Fete have minimum HP at 3 players, and Delve has minimum at 1 player (only relevant when popping outside).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-30 02:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I asked about this before, and people said that Gaea's Fate has a minimum of 1 for hp increases.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-12-30 08:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend tested Crom Dubh to be the same with 5 and 6. Wasn't there, but no reason to believe they'd have messed up.

Maybe it depends on ilevel or something, there have been an awful lot of conflicting reports on Gaes Fete.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-30 10:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a comprehensive test a while back on Angrboda using 1, 2, 3, and 4 people. His HP was static at 1-3 people, and increased at 4.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-30 12:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch it be something super weird like total hp or by zone/tier and so it depends on each nm lol

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-30 23:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Which dancer trusts prioritize box step?
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-12-31 10:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the name of the addon that shows distance between you and party members?
By abknight 2018-01-01 01:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever farmed Panopt Tears? I've tried farming Beady (Yahse) and Cave (Moh) Panopts, but the drop rate is abysmal. According to Wiki, none of the other panopts in the game drop tears. I'm looking to mass synth electrified broth to finish leveling cooking.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-01 02:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I farmed a stack once...

use Nanaa and use Despoil on cooldown. You and her will obtain tears.

Of note: I don't know for certain if Nanaa will despoil automatically but I know if you despoil, she will start to as fast as she can. And I did it in Yorcia. Had my stack in < 20 minutes.
[+]
By abknight 2018-01-01 02:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info. Wiki says that panopts were removed from Yorcia in 2013. I couldn't find any there when I checked just now. Do you remember what year you did this?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-01-01 02:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Does anyone know what the current monster rearing campaign changes from normal and can explain how to benefit from that?

And while im in the topic of campaigns, how is the card drop rate from macrocosmic orb campaign?

Thanks in advance.

Happy new years everyone.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-01 02:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

abknight said: »
Thanks for the info. Wiki says that panopts were removed from Yorcia in 2013. I couldn't find any there when I checked just now. Do you remember what year you did this?

No idea lol. But the panopt section in yahse should work just as well... just less of them.

Despoil has a very high steal rate, and with 2 of you despoiling on cooldown it goes relatively fast.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-01 02:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

Does anyone know what the current monster rearing campaign changes from normal and can explain how to benefit from that?

And while im in the topic of campaigns, how is the card drop rate from macrocosmic orb campaign?

Thanks in advance.

Happy new years everyone.

Higher chance to evolve (only really matters on high tier pets, like Jumbotender... ) Random is still random though so yeah.

Cards are still low, and random. It won't give cards for the job you go as, so the odds of you getting "a card" that you want are < 1% Definitely don't go specifically to get cards.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2018-01-01 06:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Your text to link here...

No idea if character reactivation stuff belongs in the RQT, but it didn't seem worth making a whole new thread for.

I encountered this error while trying the reactivate my old POL ID, and while I wait a day for SE support to be open, I was just wondering if anyone else had been through this, and managed to successfully recover their character?

Thanks.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-01 10:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Natlow said: »

No idea if character reactivation stuff belongs in the RQT, but it didn't seem worth making a whole new thread for.

I encountered this error while trying the reactivate my old POL ID, and while I wait a day for SE support to be open, I was just wondering if anyone else had been through this, and managed to successfully recover their character?

Thanks.
If you completely cancelled the playonline ID when you quit, as opposed to deactivating the characters on it, it will no longer show in your square enix account at all. Next time, just deactivate the characters and everything will remain attached to your square enix account ready to go without billing you.

If that's the case, the error is expected and you'll need to go through support to have the account restored, as it's essentially deleted at the moment. I would assume they keep backups for quite a while, so you probably still have a good chance at recovering it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2018-01-01 11:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Natlow said: »

Thanks.
If you completely cancelled the playonline ID when you quit, as opposed to deactivating the characters on it, it will no longer show in your square enix account at all. Next time, just deactivate the characters and everything will remain attached to your square enix account ready to go without billing you.

If that's the case, the error is expected and you'll need to go through support to have the account restored, as it's essentially deleted at the moment. I would assume they keep backups for quite a while, so you probably still have a good chance at recovering it.

Thanks for the info. I honestly have no idea which I did (presumably the former), as it was about 6 years ago. Here's hoping I can get somewhere tomorrow.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-01 19:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Something causes Naga Raga to take significantly increased damage (as in, much more damage than capped fSTR and attack would do); does anyone know what it is, exactly?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-01 19:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

(A good GEO actually showing up and using Frailty?)

I've never seen it take abnormally high damage personally
First Page 2 3 ... 517 518 519 ... 842 843 844