Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 491 492 493 ... 836 837 838
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-05-30 11:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I regularly go solo Omen runs as it's just much easier to get objectives done than in a 6+ alliance(much higher requirements and people not focusing) and I always get 3 cards, 4 often. Pretty much any decently-geared melee can get most objectives. Some tips for solo:
  • Pop Instant Reraise as you enter Reisen as it will last for the whole farm run and give you a 2nd chance. Also make sure to always pull mobs apart as they hit hard and you want to be able to reraise if ***happens

• 3*MB: very easy if you have shantotto2 or arciela2, just self-SC (this also cleared the 1*SC) a transcended and they will do 3mb in a single sc

• 30k WS dmg: this seems like A LOT but it counts both the WS AND the SC damage so a 15k WS > 15K light will work. I do this easily on COR (leaden), RNG (trueflight), BLU (CDC), THF (rudra) so just use your strongest ws to close. Also remember the mob need to have the 30k hp remaining so use a transcended and go asap checking for trust tp not to mess the sc

• 10 500-hp cures: only cures on yourself count so the easiest way is to have a gearswap toggle to high/low HP gear to force the WHM to cure you. If you don't want to bother, just let the mob hit you 1-2 times on pull and engage once 500+hp are lost (this works on last floor but I wouldn't bother on the first two as you only have 3 minutes and it can take a while)

I still haven't figured out a good way to reliably get the 2k auto-attack on weaker melee jobs but should be easy with any 2h or empy am3 active.

Happy cards hunting!
[+]
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2017-05-30 11:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm sticking around after the return campaign. I could use a little help understand ambuscade rotation. Currently the salvage armor +1 is available with total hallmarks and the limbus armor is gallantry. The nq limbus is available with current hallmarks. So when it switches next month will the limbus set +1 be total hallmarks? Will the nq limbus pieces bought this month be upgradeable with metals next month? Or is it always salvage pieces that metals work on? Since the BG wiki looks to be updated with each month I'm having trouble getting the big picture.

Or the tl/dr: Is gallantry the only way to get the limbus +1 pieces no matter what month it is?
 Asura.Lunafreya
Server: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2017-05-30 11:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the solo Omen responses. Gonna give that a shot.

Siren.Barber said: »
So I'm sticking around after the return campaign. I could use a little help understand ambuscade rotation. Currently the salvage armor +1 is available with total hallmarks and the limbus armor is gallantry. The nq limbus is available with current hallmarks. So when it switches next month will the limbus set +1 be total hallmarks? Will the nq limbus pieces bought this month be upgradeable with metals next month? Or is it always salvage pieces that metals work on? Since the BG wiki looks to be updated with each month I'm having trouble getting the big picture.

Or the tl/dr: Is gallantry the only way to get the limbus +1 pieces no matter what month it is?

It switches every month, so for June it'll flip-flop from what it is now. Only the salvage variants are +1/+2 able with metals, no word on when the limbuz/nyzul sets are gonna get the same treatment.
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-05-30 20:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how this is possible? This abdul guy has 2 city ranks o_o!
By Zeak 2017-05-31 03:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »
I still haven't figured out a good way to reliably get the 2k auto-attack on weaker melee jobs but should be easy with any 2h or empy am3 active.

Relic or Empy procs are indeed the easiest method (Ranged attacks don't work though), and I would assume SA and Climatic Flourish work too. However, there seems to be a glitch that forces the game to calculate other forms of damage as AA damage. I have two speculations why this might occur and they both require Trusts. The first is, whenever you perform an AA, the game is registering all damage from the attack round from a single source. Now, if a Trust happens to do an attack (say Shantotto II cast Thunder for over 2k damage) during this very small window, it counts the damage as from the same source (you), and completes the objective. Alternatively, the opposite might be possible. Using Trust like Shantotto II or August, whose AA attacks technically count as TP moves, might be messing with how the damage is being registered, allowing random procs of spike damage from other sources.

Unfortunately, I can't usually replicate it reliably to pinpoint the reason for sure. Regardless, I've noticed it occur frequently with Shantotto II present, even when I'm on jobs like RNG who has no real way to meet the objective with daggers/axes. Might as well bring her out and hope you get lucky, if you have the space. I'll also concur that solo card farming produces very favorable results, often between 3-4 cards per run, so no need to be hesitant if you have a KI to burn.

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Anyone know how this is possible? This abdul guy has 2 city ranks o_o!

I saw this last night too, but he no longer has that double flag today. I would just guess a random server error, but judging by the job and the fact he's always in that zone, might be wacky RMT bot shenanigans.
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-05-31 08:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Zeak said: »
Now, if a Trust happens to do an attack (say Shantotto II cast Thunder for over 2k damage) during this very small window, it counts the damage as from the same source (you), and completes the objective

I have noticed this happening (have shantotto2 out pretty much whole run anyways for spell/mb/sc obj) but haven't found, like you said, a way to reliably trigger it as it's probably a server error reading trust attacks as yours.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-05-31 10:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I am very bothered that Ranged TP attacks don't count for the 2k autoattack. It is a Ranger and Corsair's "autoattack", its just SE's method of using /ra that causes this condition NOT to be met. Its not like a RNG's /ra is a /ja, /ws, or the like....its our version of an autoatttack. Change this, SE.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-31 10:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't require trusts, the game is counting damage in a single tick as the same attack even if it's from entirely different sources.

When I split my characters into 2 groups, one has nothing that can easily do 2k rounds. I spam aero2 on my GEO while doing autoattacks with a beestinger and full haste buffs, usually get it within 30 seconds. Key is to have as many attack rounds as possible going off(in my case, BRD and RNG use beestinger and COR uses bronze knife, with all engaged and not using ja/ws that creates extremely frequent mini-windows for it to process).
[+]
By Staleyx 2017-05-31 15:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Which Skirmish armor is even worth trying to augment anymore? Have lots of stones from campaign and wondering if I should just turn them into frags.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-31 15:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Staleyx said: »
Which Skirmish armor is even worth trying to augment anymore? Have lots of stones from campaign and wondering if I should just turn them into frags.

for some ppl it is. Depends on your job and what you have. For bst i still use some skirmish2 gear. This campaigns been great for getting orb stones to get more augments. - If you dont need them you can probably sell them depending on what ones you have. As long as your not trying to price jack em, youll probably make someone happy since they are a pain to come buy normally.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Staleyx 2017-05-31 16:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Telchine phalanx augments still viable for RUN I'm guessing?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-05-31 17:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

With the Hint for future updates past the incoming June one, Anyone got and guesses on what/when and If we will see relic Omen Upgrades, New Nm's or even more of the same wait game?

Also since I said Omen, Anyone have any idea on Drop rates $ for Ou Armor and other stuff? So far Cor neck and Ring are most common seen 2 belts 1 gem but Not much else and we do 4~5 a week

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-05-31 18:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Telchine phalanx augments still viable for RUN I'm guessing?
Of the alluvion skirmish armors, only Taeon and Yorium get Phalanx augs.

Run can wear Taeon, and while Herc Dark matter augs can go up to +5, vs Taeon's +3... well. Dark matter augs. GL.

So I would say that Taeon Phalanx+ augs are still viable for RUN unless you've had incredible luck with the DM campaign or have a few billion gil to blow.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2017-05-31 19:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lennart said: »
Gendewitha Feet are still a good cursna piece I believe

You can get both "auto regen+2" and "regen potency+3" on every piece of telch for a great regen or idle macro; I like to pair them with meva+25, great lvl of resistances when 5/5 pieces are stacked.
When SE released cursna data to us in relation to healing skill it was determined that Vanya feet are BIS.
 Phoenix.Jessamyn
Server: Phoenix
user: Jessamyn
By Phoenix.Jessamyn 2017-05-31 20:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm about to start the Escutcheons Phase 2 for my Crafting Shield Toreutic Ecu... Something I'm a little nervous about is reading the following section where it "Strongly Recommends" waiting until you have all of the materials before talking to the NPC. Here is the text from the guide:

Quote:
Starting Phase Two

Return to Mewk Chorosap and trade the Ecu to her to begin Phase 2. Much like Phase 1 you will raise your craftsmanship from 0-100%. UNLIKE Phase 1 you will have the +1 skill to start with and every 6% of craftsmanship you obtain the skill will decrease 1 skill level. After obtaining 100%, like before trade your Ecu to your guild leader and receive your Craftsman's Crystal.

NOTE: It is strongly recommended you look at the following requirements and ensure you have all ingredients ready to go and sufficient crafting points before proceeding to rank up your shield. Otherwise, you will end up with a shield that gives +1 skill but lowers success rate. Until you can finish the process, you'll be worse off than before. That said even at 100% and success rate -15 it is manageable with kitron macaron, ionis, and success-rate crafting rings for the cheaper synths.

I don't want to mess up my +1 skill of my shield that I just finished in Phase 1. Has someone done this properly that can confirm the process before I mess it up and hate myself? Please and thank you.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-05-31 20:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jessamyn said: »
I'm about to start the Escutcheons Phase 2 for my Crafting Shield Toreutic Ecu... Something I'm a little nervous about is reading the following section where it "Strongly Recommends" waiting until you have all of the materials before talking to the NPC. Here is the text from the guide:

Quote:
Starting Phase Two

Return to Mewk Chorosap and trade the Ecu to her to begin Phase 2. Much like Phase 1 you will raise your craftsmanship from 0-100%. UNLIKE Phase 1 you will have the +1 skill to start with and every 6% of craftsmanship you obtain the skill will decrease 1 skill level. After obtaining 100%, like before trade your Ecu to your guild leader and receive your Craftsman's Crystal.

NOTE: It is strongly recommended you look at the following requirements and ensure you have all ingredients ready to go and sufficient crafting points before proceeding to rank up your shield. Otherwise, you will end up with a shield that gives +1 skill but lowers success rate. Until you can finish the process, you'll be worse off than before. That said even at 100% and success rate -15 it is manageable with kitron macaron, ionis, and success-rate crafting rings for the cheaper synths.

I don't want to mess up my +1 skill of my shield that I just finished in Phase 1. Has someone done this properly that can confirm the process before I mess it up and hate myself? Please and thank you.
You will want to wait until you can power through the quest, if you're dependent on that +1 skill. The shield will gain chances to fail synth as you poopsock it to 100%.
By Staleyx 2017-05-31 20:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you martel and yes I ment to say Teaeon. I will use them for that purpose.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-31 21:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jessamyn said: »

Synth skill+1 shield.

Gather 13000 crafters points with the guild point crystals(you will need 13000 for stage2 if no break).

Gather materials for the RoE synths as best you can. You probably don't need to be exact since certain of them require HQs and you never know what your luck will be like.

Trade shield to guild master.

Turn in the shield to mewk in port jeuno. From this point on, any synths with it on may increase the failure rate on it.

Talk to your guild master to unlock the RoE and next stage.

Finish all 4 RoE quests to obtain titanium frame.

Spend your 13000 saved crafters points to get the gold screw and camphor.

Get craftsmanship to 100 and trade your shield to the guild master to get a craftsman's crystal.

Synth your skill+2 shield.

This is the path with the least amount of reduced potency time for the shield, you're still potentially going to be stuck for a little bit unless you overfarm for the RoE quests.

Stage3 is basically the same idea. Before turning your finished skill+2 shield into your guild master, you'll want to save up 20,000 craftsman's points and enough sets to make another 8000(28000 total needed, but npc only holds 20k). You can see the list of turnin quests on bg-wiki to pick your ideal item for each stage, but the rerolls will take a bit. This stage is probably going to result in a day of not being able to use your shield without enhanced failure rate accumulating, but much better than the weeks it would be if you started it w/o GP for analysis crystals.
[+]
By Staleyx 2017-06-01 03:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just remember if you want that failure rate to go away just do what it ask's for.

Do something it needs, then once it changes request you will get +1 if you are in the negative.

Do something it does not ask for, it will -1 once the request changes.

Skip the 7+materials and weird craft on this day. Try and hit everything else if you are still needing the shield for crafting.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-06-01 04:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Skip the 7+materials and weird craft on this day. Try and hit everything else if you are still needing the shield for crafting.
The "bundle" synths that require a key item to do are good for 7+ objectives. I think most, if not all crafts have these synths. e.g; Bone chip x 6, shagreen file, wind crystal and filing KI. http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Bone_Arrowheads
[+]
By Staleyx 2017-06-02 05:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Will 2 Kali's song duration stack?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-06-02 10:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

regarding skirmish/alluvion skirmish-

Taeon with phalanx augments and some TP/WS pieces for RDM and other light armor jobs. Also Spell Interrupt Rate down for RUN and any other job seeking that stat in a midcast set when +stat doesn't matter.

Telchine with +enhancing Duration for any job that can wear it.

And I still use some rerolled Helios that I've configured for an Occult Acumen build on my blm for fast TP if needed. (AM2 on Mythic proc for BLM, or need a 2nd Myrkr between Death casts are examples of how/when I use it)

Not sure about Yorim/Arco- Unless you were aiming for some crazy WSAcc set with the Arco, nothing comes to mind. But I don't play any Yorim job regularly, and barely play anything that would have used Arco primarily.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-06-02 11:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

For Escutheon Goldsmithing shield stage 2, is everyone just farming in Mount Zhayolm for all the mats for brass jadagna, or is there an easier alternative?
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-06-02 11:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the best way to do it. Nanaa Mihgo is the real MVP with Despoil. She will despoil from any Troll(not just PLDs). It is still tedious, but doable. I started off mine thinking I had to Mine in Halvung. Was awful
[+]
 Odin.Horu
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2017-06-03 03:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic aftermath, does it overwrite itself?,
Tried looking on BG wiki but says nothing in terms of relic overwriting itself.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-06-03 04:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes
 Odin.Horu
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2017-06-03 08:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

much appreciated, i'll update BG's aftermath page
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-06-04 17:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting this error which is stopping me from logging in. Anyone have any advice?
First Page 2 3 ... 491 492 493 ... 836 837 838