Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 398 399 400 ... 836 837 838
By nanohamaho 2015-10-12 20:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the 99II mythic step for afterglow act as a gate before turning it into 119 ? and if it does, how would you keep your sanity getting 150 drops after making way too many PW pop sets..?
By Bamboom 2015-10-12 20:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there going to be an October update? We are well into Oct and no announcements
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-12 20:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

nanohamaho said: »
Does the 99II mythic step for afterglow act as a gate before turning it into 119 ? and if it does, how would you keep your sanity getting 150 drops after making way too many PW pop sets..?

No, you can go straight to 119 with 300 Beitetsu.

Bamboom said: »
Is there going to be an October update? We are well into Oct and no announcements

At this point, it's probably all headed for November.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-10-12 20:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If I am understanding your question correctly, No. You don not need to Afterglow your Relic, Mythic, or Empyrean weapon in order to get it to 119. You can go

99 > 119
99 w/AG > 119 w/AG
99 > 119 > 119 w/AG
[+]
By Aeyela 2015-10-13 04:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Are Ulmia's Marches calculated without instruments or with? I'm trying to calculate equipment changes based on active Haste buffs for GearSwap and I'm curious whether she's giving us the haste values without instruments (which is what I'm assuming.) As it stands I'm calculating the Marches on their bare minimum but if she's using instruments I'll up it, as it's safe to assume a player Bard marching us will be using the instruments.

Also, whilst I'm at it, does Embrava fall under magic haste cap?

Edit: Looking at my attack speed with just her marches, they are without instruments, in case anyone finds that useful.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-10-13 06:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Trust songs are with no Song+ gear on. And Embrava is subject to the magic haste cap.
 Asura.Neufko
Server: Asura
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2015-10-13 10:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Trust songs are with no Song+ gear on. And Embrava is subject to the magic haste cap.

He meant with or without instrument, which is half the skill available.

All I can say is both marches will cap at 160/1024 > 15.625% haste without song+ effect (which will add 32/1024 for each +1 (counting both marches))

I can't find any chart with skill tier not limited to level 75. Wiki says Victory march caps at 600 combined skill (not possible to get without an instrument.)

I don't really get how you concluded she has no instrument.
She can apply 2 songs right ?
By Aeyela 2015-10-13 11:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, she puts both marches on. And I concluded she has no instrument by taking all equipment off and timing delay between attacks. She was granting roughly 15.7% Haste, which would be more or less smack on the two base march values combined.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-10-13 11:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela meant without march+, not without instrument. It's common knowledge they get no song+.
By Aeyela 2015-10-13 11:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, sorry if there's any misunderstanding. I do indeed mean if she's gaining +March benefits that you'd get equipping the right instrument.
By Artemicion 2015-10-13 11:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
This might be farfetched to ask here, but does anyone recall the .dat mods that altered the background window colors for FFXI?
Awhile back there was this external installer that had one which was completely transparent. Doesn't anyone know where I could find that file again or how to edit these files to get the effect I'm looking for?

Quoting myself isn't cool, but asking this in RT was probably not a great idea.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-10-13 14:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the Escha version of AAEV's Benediction triggered in some way or is it by chance? We've already gotten our clear out of supposedly pure luck (and appropriately rewarded with our Luck Vorseal), but we timed out on our first fight because it kept spamming Benediction throughout the fight (even had one happen at 1%).
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-10-13 15:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I never ever had her use it more than once for us. It's pure luck/fate I think.
By nanohamaho 2015-10-13 21:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to help a friend do the 3 nations voidwatch thing, can campaign arbiters only teleport you to areas you have been before? like using the sandy S arbiter to teleport to sarutabaruta S ?
 Odin.Rikiyame
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2015-10-13 21:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Botulus Suit +1. Is it from trading the flan cookies?
By FaeQueenCory 2015-10-13 22:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to help a friend do the 3 nations voidwatch thing, can campaign arbiters only teleport you to areas you have been before? like using the sandy S arbiter to teleport to sarutabaruta S ?
CA warps only direct you to a place in the past where you have stepped foot in.
So you'll have to walk to the nations and open the maws.

Odin.Rikiyame said: »
Botulus Suit +1. Is it from trading the flan cookies?
No.
Or rather, not exactly.
You need a fashion score of >20.
Rarer sweets (by what scale I have no idea) makes your score higher.
And what items you wear also seems to not follows any sort of logic...
Just wear all event and login point gear, I *think* +1 variants are worth more, but can't say; and trade expensive sweets, can ask the Taru what he'll accept, and once you find a combo that scores greater than 20, you get the +1 suit.
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-10-14 18:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get my mule some delve wins and accessories. I've looked for information in regards to anyone tri-boxing (or soloing, but I say tri-boxing because of entry reqs) but have only found Mischief's SCH videos and not much other information. I'm sure it can be done on other jobs, but so far my attempts at Tojil have ended in tragedy.

All my jobs are decently alluvion-equipped: BLU, RDM, BST are my best (SCH, BLM need updated gearswaps).

For mules I have a CORonry mule and a GEO/BLM/WHM mule.

Any suggestions as to what delve might be the best to start/spam for plasm? Any strats?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-10-14 19:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I have been doing Marjami 3 man a lot if that helps. Everything in there just dies to dmg without any complicated gimicks, T4 and 5 can easily be kited if Trusts die. The boss is super super easy when you manage to keep aura down.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-10-14 19:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

My personal favorite is 3man Kamihr with 2x COR and a GEO or 3x COR. Bring out a tank/support/healer trust combo and you'll rip through everything if you've got solid gear. Normally do sub 12 minute runs spamming Leaden on everything and then Wildfire on the boss.
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-10-15 15:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the help guys. I'll try those two out.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-15 16:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Setups are going to vary by zone, but generally:

General Tips: Bosses can be made significantly easier with GEO using Vex. Examine the wiki's information on the bosses since they have varying weaknesses and defenses.
Ceizak: DDs may want to bring a form of ranged or magic damage as an alternative for Mastop. As THF, I'm fond of Last Stand. A strong COR does great here. If you can't self-SC for Twitherym, coordinate one with the other DDs.
Morimar: BLU or a melee with a good magic WS can handle the Matamata, or alternatively just have a mage cast a couple nukes between each WS and melee it when ready. Bring a form of Blind and Stona. Stun highly recommended for Tojil himself.
Hennetiel: Bring a Twilight Cloak and plenty of debuffs for the Uragnite. If you don't use Formless Strikes or a BLU for the Craklaw, just have all mages spam low tier nukes and melees build TP on other crap, then unleash massive physical WSs. Coordinate a SC on the super crab, or spam Requiescat. Melees should sub /RUN. Keep mules facing the Orobon just in case it does the charm. Be mindful of mules that you keep in range of the Shark, since they can get knocked out into the Mayhem killzone.
Yorcia: Bring Blind for the Panopt. Fire damage (SC, nukes, runes, etc) for the Snapweed. A nuker (often a GEO) is needed to hit the Treant with some Fire nukes and then switch to Water 4 to open his physical weakness. Dispel or Finale for the Mandragora. Either charm resistance/Vex and Attunement or a pet/trust tank for the Belladona. Slashing or Fire/Wind damage for the boss, and keep everyone in range if using a GEO to prevent it getting sloppy after a hate reset. No point in bringing a piercing DD since boss resists it heavily.
Marjami: Nuker for the Colibri. Silence is nice but not necessary on the Tulfaire. Wilt/Vex can help against the Apkallu if not using an actual tank; trusts might be hard to use against it since has hate reset (avoidable by turning). For the Harpy, keep a safe distance and either try to push it down fast or work it safely, and keep a clear area in case something goes wrong. Boss is weak to piercing, ice, and stone, but strong to blunt, pretty simple if you have enough thunder resist/magic evasion.
Kamihr: Jobs with mixed damage types (like COR and BLU) do exceptionally well here for Pig and Ram. The Pig can be killed quickly with any damage type, after 1 minute though you'll need to use its weakness type. Silence is necessary for the Gnole, and light damage from SCs or Lunge work great. Boss is weak to blunt and fire, strong to slashing; bringing a good source of fire damage simplifies this fight as it spares melees and tanks the issue of paralyze and full dispel.
[+]
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-10-15 16:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Setups are going to vary by zone, but generally:

General Tips: Bosses can be made significantly easier with GEO using Vex. Examine the wiki's information on the bosses since they have varying weaknesses and defenses.
Ceizak: DDs may want to bring a form of ranged or magic damage as an alternative for Mastop. As THF, I'm fond of Last Stand. A strong COR does great here. If you can't self-SC for Twitherym, coordinate one with the other DDs.
Morimar: BLU or a melee with a good magic WS can handle the Matamata, or alternatively just have a mage cast a couple nukes between each WS and melee it when ready. Bring a form of Blind and Stona. Stun highly recommended for Tojil himself.
Hennetiel: Bring a Twilight Cloak and plenty of debuffs for the Uragnite. If you don't use Formless Strikes or a BLU for the Craklaw, just have all mages spam low tier nukes and melees build TP on other crap, then unleash massive physical WSs. Coordinate a SC on the super crab, or spam Requiescat. Melees should sub /RUN. Keep mules facing the Orobon just in case it does the charm. Be mindful of mules that you keep in range of the Shark, since they can get knocked out into the Mayhem killzone.
Yorcia: Bring Blind for the Panopt. Fire damage (SC, nukes, runes, etc) for the Snapweed. A nuker (often a GEO) is needed to hit the Treant with some Fire nukes and then switch to Water 4 to open his physical weakness. Dispel or Finale for the Mandragora. Either charm resistance/Vex and Attunement or a pet/trust tank for the Belladona. Slashing or Fire/Wind damage for the boss, and keep everyone in range if using a GEO to prevent it getting sloppy after a hate reset. No point in bringing a piercing DD since boss resists it heavily.
Marjami: Nuker for the Colibri. Silence is nice but not necessary on the Tulfaire. Wilt/Vex can help against the Apkallu if not using an actual tank; trusts might be hard to use against it since has hate reset (avoidable by turning). For the Harpy, keep a safe distance and either try to push it down fast or work it safely, and keep a clear area in case something goes wrong. Boss is weak to piercing, ice, and stone, but strong to blunt, pretty simple if you have enough thunder resist/magic evasion.
Kamihr: Jobs with mixed damage types (like COR and BLU) do exceptionally well here for Pig and Ram. The Pig can be killed quickly with any damage type, after 1 minute though you'll need to use its weakness type. Silence is necessary for the Gnole, and light damage from SCs or Lunge work great. Boss is weak to blunt and fire, strong to slashing; bringing a good source of fire damage simplifies this fight as it spares melees and tanks the issue of paralyze and full dispel.

Thanks to you as well, good sir. Your info on alluvion skirmishes a while back helped me tremendously. I'm sure this will too.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-15 22:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I really only use it in Delve, I haven't put much into it, just grabbing whatever I happened to already have:
ItemSet 338703
A better set with more effort (but not going insane) would probably look more like this:
ItemSet 338704
Pursuer's set makes good options, and there are probably other alternatives that I'm not thinking of. In my upcoming THF guide, I'll be posting 4 sets for most purposes, including alternative weaponskills like Last Stand. Each set is going to vary in price/effort and quality, so you'll be able to *** what pieces are best for you.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-10-15 22:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't include Taeon since I think it mostly performs worse than alternatives. I also think a lot of people aren't fond of the randomness or don't want a million pieces of Taeon to manage.
By Draylo 2015-10-15 22:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cacoethic ring +1 is 16 RACC
 Odin.Tsukiya
user: Tsukiji
By Odin.Tsukiya 2015-10-16 09:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What sorts of items can you get from trading the costumed npcs in town sweets? It says the flan also has a different item, anyone knows what it is? Suprised there's zero talk of the Harvest festival, I guess everyone is concentrated on gear and no one enjoys these little seasonal asides anymore? :/
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-10-17 00:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Are Jinxed Boots a T1 synth using Hexed Boots? It's 111 Leathercraft which I know is T1-able but has 70 Clothcraft which I'm not sure about. Does Craftmaster's Ring + Orvail Ring make T0s a solid 2% HQ rate? Also, when do Amalric Slops start beating out Hagondes Pants for Nukes/Helices?
First Page 2 3 ... 398 399 400 ... 836 837 838