Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 387 388 389 ... 836 837 838

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-08-27 19:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Which NPC was it that turns Achiyal. Bullet, arrows, eminent arrows into quivers, to reduce space?
 Shiva.Applesmash
Server: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2015-08-27 19:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Anyone have any solid ways to kill Nosoi? So far it is just wasting my time making PUGs to lose because him and his poison sucks. Not to mention the gil over all the unity items to pop him.

PLD WHM BRD GEO SCH xx

Immanence SCs > Burst Stone > repeat until dead
By Draylo 2015-08-27 20:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have to cut it down, you don't need a WHM or a BRD for that. You could do it with PLD GEO GEO with healer trusts (Apururu, Koru-Moru and Ulmia or Star Sybil?) just fine. Focus, Malaise, Acumen, Refresh and nuke em down.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-08-27 20:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to work towards the 360 achievement for having either 100 in a craft, or fishing, and looking for feedback of which would be easiest at this point in time due to all the mechanic changes as of late.

I have 78 Alchemy, and I have fishing at 91.
 Siren.Finality
Server: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2015-08-27 20:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/47395-dev1270-Fishing-Adjustments
"Moon phases will have a stronger positive effect on fishing results."

I'm 100% certain fishing is affected by moon phase, but that wasn't my question. lol
My question is what moon phase should I be fishing for optimal bite rate/fewer line snaps on matsya. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
 Siren.Finality
Server: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2015-08-27 20:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
Trying to work towards the 360 achievement for having either 100 in a craft, or fishing, and looking for feedback of which would be easiest at this point in time due to all the mechanic changes as of late.

I have 78 Alchemy, and I have fishing at 91.

Fishing is now about 20x easier to skill up. I'd go with that.

Edit: Armored Pisces with Frog Lure in Oldton Movalpolos will take you to 108 really easily. Happy fishing.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-28 03:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if the FFXIDB site is still being run and updated? It is missing a bit of stuff.
I actually asked a similar question myself on a different thread recently and this was the response from Byrth.
Quote:
The kills handler was turned off in March when POLUtil's mass extractor broke and I only reminded Arcon that it needs to be turned back on again a few days ago. It'll probably get updated at some point in the next few weeks, but we'll be starting from ground 0 on Escha zones.
 Asura.Neufko
Server: Asura
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2015-08-28 06:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Does someone know how many imprematurs must be used during a week to rank up a specific coalition ?

I'd like to help a friend get his weatherspoon robe+1 from vesca, but I don't really want to spend all my time doing that if it's overkill.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-08-28 06:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Applesmash said: »
I can't warp to Alzadaal directly from Unity NPC on any of my 3 chars, any idea why ?

It was the same for me and all the people I teamed up with for the vampire UNM a few days ago. Either they forgot to add the option to warp there or didn't bother doing it because of the way that zone was designed (a.k.a. the spaghetti code).

Anyone have any solid ways to kill Nosoi? So far it is just wasting my time making PUGs to lose because him and his poison sucks. Not to mention the gil over all the unity items to pop him.

Umm... Make sure everyone brings antidotes?

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
Which NPC was it that turns Achiyal. Bullet, arrows, eminent arrows into quivers, to reduce space?

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Quiver

Asura.Neufko said: »
Does someone know how many imprematurs must be used during a week to rank up a specific coalition ?

I'd like to help a friend get his weatherspoon robe+1 from vesca, but I don't really want to spend all my time doing that if it's overkill.

I tried increasing the rank of Mummer's and it didn't take me long to give up. I would recommend you to get him/her an ilvl body piece from AH or a crafter if you can, instead of pulling your hair off when you realize that you wasted all the time to raise a coalition rank seemingly on your own. There are also the sparks ilvl 117 armors, you know. Afaik, they are available regardless of any story progress. The wayfarer robe is worth only 5000 sparks.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-28 07:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

They're going to make it so Coalitions rank up easier and are less likely to rank down in the next update.
[+]
 Asura.Neufko
By Asura.Neufko 2015-08-28 08:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
I tried increasing the rank of Mummer's and it didn't take me long to give up. I would recommend you to get him/her an ilvl body piece from AH or a crafter if you can, instead of pulling your hair off when you realize that you wasted all the time to raise a coalition rank seemingly on your own. There are also the sparks ilvl 117 armors, you know. Afaik, they are available regardless of any story progress. The wayfarer robe is worth only 5000 sparks.

he's not really looking for a 119 body armor. weatherspoon robe+1 augmented is the best body piece for myrkr.
So I'm not looking for replacement, I just want to know if someone knows how many imprematurs it takes to rank up.
Ty for your answer
 Asura.Neufko
By Asura.Neufko 2015-08-28 08:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
They're going to make it so Coalitions rank up easier and are less likely to rank down in the next update.

oh good news, ty ! I missed that.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-28 08:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

BG Wiki has some useful information, but personally I prefer FFXIclopedia.com for most things.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2015-08-28 08:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fastest way to build Adoulin Fame?

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-08-28 09:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I do most of the current content, and most of the time, I've had to dig for information about them on BG Wiki.

Wikia might not have all of the latest information on new content, but of the information it does have, I can usually find out what I want to know without any trouble. On BG Wiki, I find myself relying on the "Pages that reference this item" link as a crutch.
 Diabolos.Distrusive
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Distrusive 2015-08-28 22:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been looking into getting the mostly useless torques out of the Monstrosity and Belligerency thing. When I went and killed my mule who had around 9k-ish infamy, I only got about 50ish prestige in return. The official post states that it is like a 20% conversion rate for the winner. Is there some reason that it gave such a low amount of prestige? I killed the monipulator in Buburimu if that matters at all. Also, what is the fastest way to get prestige? Even with the 20% conversion, it still seems ridiculously slow.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-08-29 02:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if its common knowledge yet but having Sylvie, August , and healer trust out makes almost every T1~2 escha NM easy trios as bst bst cor. Not alot of people seem to have Sylvie so I don't think its well known.
 Fenrir.Divinian
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-08-29 08:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Yes, I do most of the current content, and most of the time, I've had to dig for information about them on BG Wiki.

Wikia might not have all of the latest information on new content, but of the information it does have, I can usually find out what I want to know without any trouble. On BG Wiki, I find myself relying on the "Pages that reference this item" link as a crutch.

This ^

I feel that you have to use both at this time for the best info and I'm ok with that. BG-wiki has some good info on event content. When it comes to anything from voidwatch to skirmish to vagary and incursion, you can find most things you need there and it is done well.

If, however, I look up an item (granted, the item cannot be too new) and I want to see what quest/NM/etc drops the item, then the old wiki is the place to go. It will usually tell you all the places you can get said item and sometimes provides a guide for doing so. Likewise, if I am questing, the old wiki is usually way more specific and usually gives better shortcuts and hints.

It would be nice to have everything in one place, but the fact that we have such well-done and comprehensive wikis at all is one of the reasons I have always loved this game. Compared to a game like WoW, our knowledge base is phenomenal.

Just my $.02
By FaeQueenCory 2015-08-29 08:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Do coalition assignments.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-08-29 08:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure that doesn't work, or if it does the fame gains are extremely minor. I was max rank in all coalitions before hitting rank 3 fame.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-29 15:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Doing just about every quest (short of the crazy RUN and GEO ones) will not only net you a ton of fame, but also allow you to acquire certain KIs to reduce the recharge time on Imprimaturs. This also requires having completed every assignment at least once (except those Courier ones to build stations/bivouacs). Barring that, a variety of repeatable quests exist using random cheap items, though the benefits will be small and they're once per conquest tally. Nothing in the vein of Zinc Ores or La Theine Cabbages though, sorry. The only immediately repeatable quest is at Fame 5, which is the max.

The weekly repeatables:
It Sets My Heart Aflutter
A Good Pair of Crocs
A Shot in the Dark
Cafe...teria

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Neufko
By Asura.Neufko 2015-08-29 16:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

SE has been releasing a lot of new food lately. What's the best food for Store-TP nowadays ?

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 387 388 389 ... 836 837 838