Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 363 364 365 ... 834 835 836

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-16 22:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyosukerob said: »
I always thought they kept those simple with spamming elemental damage of the opposing element for WKRs. Delve is when you had the oddities like particular SCs for Tojil or stripping shadows for the bee.

Someone is jacking up prices for Gekka: Ichi on Lakshmi and a friend doesn't feel like paying NPC price (yes, AH=NPC currently). I've never seen it drop from Skirmish or battlefields. Any idea how to get one's hands on it without shelling out 140k?
From my experiences with soloing WKRs, there is (or at least was) a definite difference to breaking their auras.

Achuka: Lightning damage seems to break his. I've noticed that wyvern breath and Shantotto will favor lightning, and I've tested this by just meleeing with Sulpor active. I'm not sure if this is intentional, or if, going by Tojil, that it's supposed to be removed by damage it is currently weakest to (hence why the aura breaking element changes for Tojil). I'm inclined to go by the latter.
Shark: Lightning damage breaks his, no mystery here.
Bee: Stripping shadows and supposedly dealing ice damage, but I've never seen it, even with Gelus Lunges bursted for 10k. Colkhab seems to get many more shadows than Muyingwa does.
Yumcax: Wind damage, not sure if it's a large amount at once with a chance, or accumulative, but I've heard people say Wopket is the first of these.
Hurkan: Used to require bursting stone damage (even a /RUN bursting Swipe is enough), but seems to now be just dealing earth damage. Not sure if Cailimh changed too.
Kumhau: Unlike Utkux, it doesn't appear to be broken by simply dealing fire damage, and I'm sure we've all been in prolonged Kumhau fights due to aura staying up the whole freakin' time. I've also tried a few other things, like different elements, damage types, SC damage, crits, etc. but I can't find anything conclusive. I'll give him a test sometime soon to see if he got secretly changed too.

One thing to note is that unlike VW enemies, the blue !! will appear after whatever animation they are currently involved in, so if you break the aura mid-attack, you might not realize what you did to break it.

Anyway, Gekka: Ichi can also be acquired from Incursion coffers, though I think just NM coffers.
 Asura.Ivlilla
Server: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-04-16 22:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

In re: trusts using the appropriate element type, you may want to rethink that. I watched the RUN trust the other day tanking Hurkan, and he was using flabra instead of tellus.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-04-17 05:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

quest progression, including mythics, isn't effected

linkpearls break automatically because extdata doesn't match server, and AH sales/dbox are lost because it's tied to server, the rest of your character data is fine
By Davorin 2015-04-17 10:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

linkpearls break automatically because extdata doesn't match server, and AH sales/dbox are lost because it's tied to server, the rest of your character data is fine

What is, what is effected by a server transfer?

I'll take "What does the Atomos say?" for 800, Alex.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-04-17 10:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Lakshmi.Kyosukerob said: »
I always thought they kept those simple with spamming elemental damage of the opposing element for WKRs. Delve is when you had the oddities like particular SCs for Tojil or stripping shadows for the bee.

Someone is jacking up prices for Gekka: Ichi on Lakshmi and a friend doesn't feel like paying NPC price (yes, AH=NPC currently). I've never seen it drop from Skirmish or battlefields. Any idea how to get one's hands on it without shelling out 140k?
From my experiences with soloing WKRs, there is (or at least was) a definite difference to breaking their auras.

Achuka: Lightning damage seems to break his. I've noticed that wyvern breath and Shantotto will favor lightning, and I've tested this by just meleeing with Sulpor active. I'm not sure if this is intentional, or if, going by Tojil, that it's supposed to be removed by damage it is currently weakest to (hence why the aura breaking element changes for Tojil). I'm inclined to go by the latter.
Shark: Lightning damage breaks his, no mystery here.
Bee: Stripping shadows and supposedly dealing ice damage, but I've never seen it, even with Gelus Lunges bursted for 10k. Colkhab seems to get many more shadows than Muyingwa does.
Yumcax: Wind damage, not sure if it's a large amount at once with a chance, or accumulative, but I've heard people say Wopket is the first of these.
Hurkan: Used to require bursting stone damage (even a /RUN bursting Swipe is enough), but seems to now be just dealing earth damage. Not sure if Cailimh changed too.
Kumhau: Unlike Utkux, it doesn't appear to be broken by simply dealing fire damage, and I'm sure we've all been in prolonged Kumhau fights due to aura staying up the whole freakin' time. I've also tried a few other things, like different elements, damage types, SC damage, crits, etc. but I can't find anything conclusive. I'll give him a test sometime soon to see if he got secretly changed too.

One thing to note is that unlike VW enemies, the blue !! will appear after whatever animation they are currently involved in, so if you break the aura mid-attack, you might not realize what you did to break it.

Anyway, Gekka: Ichi can also be acquired from Incursion coffers, though I think just NM coffers.
I have to disagree with the Achuka.
It's most definitely water damage because I've dropped his aura/proc'd him nearly 100% of the time with Grand Fall on SMN.

As for Kumhau, I do think that it's also fire, but he seems to put it back up immediately with one of his TP moves. (It's either the terror glacier or the ice ninja stars.)
So it basically is always thrown back up once it gets taken off...

As for the magic bursting/damage amount, I think we just thought that because bursting gives a big hit. Though I can't quite say if it's a large hit or accumulative... Because lowmanning it will reduce both thresholds.

Davorin said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

What is "G0000000000NG"?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-04-17 11:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Davorin said: »

deleted post by someone asking if their mythic progress would be wiped when they transfer

Quote:
As for Kumhau, I do think that it's also fire, but he seems to put it back up immediately with one of his TP moves. (It's either the terror glacier or the ice ninja stars.)
don't think it's fire, last time i was doing him i was curious about it and did 90% to 50% with fire nukes and fusion/light bursts without seeing a proc(even if he put it right back up you'd get the blue "!!" when it went down)
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-17 13:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely not fire for Kumhau. Last night I went to solo Kumhau on RUN and could not break the aura despite trying a million things, including repeated Ignis Lunge MBs. Got him down to 70% before I got bored and warped out. Polar Roar is his aura-up move.

As for Achuka, I know for a fact that lightning will work, but I recall using Unda and it staying up. I'll have to try it again sometime.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-17 15:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Definitely not fire for Kumhau. Last night I went to solo Kumhau on RUN and could not break the aura despite trying a million things, including repeated Ignis Lunge MBs. Got him down to 70% before I got bored and warped out. Polar Roar is his aura-up move.

As for Achuka, I know for a fact that lightning will work, but I recall using Unda and it staying up. I'll have to try it again sometime.

What about trying fire related enfeebs?

I just saw kumhau proc when hes heavily zerged. So or its some exotic proc or related to number of attacks done.
By Chimerawizard 2015-04-19 03:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to remember all the glowing weapons that don't require afterglowing an REM. Did I miss any in this list:
ItemList 334759

Please tell me I'm missing a glowing staff from the list. I'd love to grab one.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-04-21 03:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
I'm trying to remember all the glowing weapons that don't require afterglowing an REM. Did I miss any in this list:
Please tell me I'm missing a glowing staff from the list. I'd love to grab one.

I don't think there is a glowing staff from VWNM or Meeble Burrows, but I do know that my murasamemaru, aytanri and borealis won't ever leave my panetiere T_T
 Leviathan.Tsoi
user: Tsoi
By Leviathan.Tsoi 2015-04-21 12:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I turn things on and off in my moghouse? like the camps and the shower stand.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-04-21 13:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Furnitures with special effects work based on time of the day.
[+]
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-04-21 15:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to get Dual Wield +5 on my Taeon pieces. What stones should I go with, NQ, +1 or +2? I'm just trying to get it in the cheapest way possible. Has anyone experimented with various quality stones?

I initially went through a stack of Leafslit +2 stones with no luck, then did 3 stacks of NQ Leafslit stones and got DW+5 on the legs and feet. This lead me to believe I ought to stick with NQ stones, but I may have just gotten lucky... since then I've gone through about 10 stacks of NQ stones for the hands/body/head but I've only gotten one DW+4 and numerous DW+3 augments.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-21 16:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have gotten max augments with +1 stones. However, the augment range is wider. For example, an NQ stone may give DW+1~3, HQ1 stone may give DW+1~5, and the HQ2 stone may do DW3~5. not saying those are exact ranges, but merely an example
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-04-21 16:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I've gotten max augments with NQ stones as I said, I'm just wondering what would be the best route economically. I figure I could get them eventually, but is it cheaper to just go with HQ stones?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-21 17:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Random number generator is random...
 Siren.Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-04-21 17:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I was hoping someone with success could share what route they went. Oh well I'll just keep throwing whatever stones at it til I get it.

I have noticed it is a lot easier to get maximum triple attack, probably because there are only two possible values as opposed to DW's five.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-04-22 12:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a question about hate currently, since this is gonna bug me for far too long otherwise.

Is there some kind of special hate mechanic in Vagary where an Aegis PLD in 109 / 119 gear should be having hate ripped off him by a RDM casting Haste II, or anyone else in the alliance using a buff, while holding Fire Elementals? Or is that PLD just the most subpar of tin man? Pluton zone, if that helps.
 Phoenix.Lujei
Server: Phoenix
user: Lujei
By Phoenix.Lujei 2015-04-23 11:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, hate is very strange in Vagary, that's pretty normal. It's also quite noticeable in the Brash chamber if your characters buff as the mobs are pulled.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-23 11:17:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
Got a question about hate currently, since this is gonna bug me for far too long otherwise.

Is there some kind of special hate mechanic in Vagary where an Aegis PLD in 109 / 119 gear should be having hate ripped off him by a RDM casting Haste II, or anyone else in the alliance using a buff, while holding Fire Elementals? Or is that PLD just the most subpar of tin man? Pluton zone, if that helps.

The way I read it, once any mob is aggro'd, everyone in the zone is on the hate list. This last update made damage from spells and nukes produce very little hate, while all other actions, like curing and buffing produce the normal amount as before. I also have a feeling that accepting a Raise will generate a minor about of hate also. There have been times that I have accepted a Raise in Brash Gate while the mobs are being pulled, and any that the puller hadn't taken a direct action on came straight for me as I was standing up, before I could do anything.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-04-23 14:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Incidentally, it is possible to death/pet pull in Vagary (unlike Incursion).
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-23 18:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is it that there is something like 700 zones in this game, yet with only 300 people online, someone always has to be in the same zone, trying to camp on top of you... no matter what you're doing... some jackass always shows up in the one spot you are.

How is that even logistically possible.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-23 18:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senyn said: »
Why is it that there is something like 700 zones in this game, yet with only 300 people online, someone always has to be in the same zone, trying to camp on top of you... no matter what you're doing... some jackass always shows up in the one spot you are.

How is that even logistically possible.

Because out of 700 zones, just 10 or 20 should have anything worth attention, so it shouldnt any surprise some people sharing the zone with you.
 Bahamut.Zlim
Server: Bahamut
user: zlim
By Bahamut.Zlim 2015-04-23 21:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Abyssea Seals(paper) be stored anywhere besides my mog house?

I'm starting to think I should drop a lot of them, but I would like to store them at an NPC if possible.

I checked the moogle porter but He does not store seals
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-04-23 21:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Inventory or mules on same account. There will likely be 500 point seal kupons via log in campaign so don't worry too much about things you aren't near completing unless you would rather go shanks/residue/dusk+2 all the way.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senyn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Senyn 2015-04-23 21:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Because out of 700 zones, just 10 or 20 should have anything worth attention, so it shouldnt any surprise some people sharing the zone with you.

That's what I'm saying, I go out of my way, to go to a zone where no *** should ever go... yet some *** always follows me... and they just HAVE to, H.A.V.E. to be there to get in the way.

It's a statistical impossibility unless they do it just to be ***.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-24 00:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

For the universal sea obi, what are all of the rules for it being beneficial to use it, side we get both the positive and negative aspect of the the bonuses for days.
First Page 2 3 ... 363 364 365 ... 834 835 836