Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 293 294 295 ... 837 838 839
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-07-14 00:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
Not sure how many people out there still dual box, but I'm having some difficulty utilizing the built-in Send add-on with simple windower scripts which I use in lieu of vanilla macros until I have the fortitude and patience to delve into Gearswap and/or Spellcast.

Particularly I cannot seem to make aliases work in conjunction with Send commands. For example, if I wanted to make player B dance from player A's instance, I should be able to accomplish that by loading a script with the following code:
Code
alias Dance input //send PlayerB /dance4;

or
Code
alias Dance input /console input send PlayerB /dance4;

Of course followed by "//dance" on Player A's chat log.

However, I have had little to no luck even with additional and removal of backslashes therein. What am I doing wrong? Can this even be done? Or should I just begin studying Gearswap already? :(
Firstly, You Cannot put a // in a script if you want what follows it to do anything. // indicates a comment in scripts/console and everything after it on the same line is ignored.

second, you're being redundant there. Send is a windower command, sent in the console. A brief explanation.

input. This sends the command directly to FFXI itself.

/console. This sends the command to windower. Typing a command in the console with no prefix does the same. All windower scripts are sent to the console. // is the same as /console, if typed into FFXI chat, however it doesn't work in macros.

So when you trigger this

alias Dance input /console input send PlayerB /dance4;

You're going from starting in console, to FFXI, and then trying to give FFXI a windower(send) command. It's not surprising that it doesn't work.

Next, Send is... really weird about its input type. Don't use /console in send commands. It doesn't work, and you don't need it. You can just give it the command directly. For example:
Code
alias Dance send PlayerB input /dance4

the order here should be, alias name, send, receiving player name, THEN input only if the cmd is for FFXI specifically, otherwise just the command. But if you have shortcuts loaded, you can skip the input in the cast of most ingame actions.

for example;
Code
send Martel Hasso

From my mule will work, with shortcuts loaded. Even though there's no input, or even a /ja.
[+]
By Artemicion 2014-07-14 00:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you very much for clearing that up for me. It's been a long time since I've used windower scripts of any sort, and I had forgotten how to make them function with what back in legacy was Dualsend. Sadly I have yet to figure out how to set up shortcuts for gear changes and what not to automate anything other than direct FFXI action across the board, but this is a great start. Thank you.
 Sylph.Subadai
Server: Sylph
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2014-07-14 00:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming "send PlayerB /dance4" is a valid command, just try
Code
alias Dance send PlayerB /dance4
Inside of Windower scripts and aliases, you don't have to use slashes or "input /whatever", just use the command like you're typing it in the console.

Edit: ninja'd!
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-07-14 01:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you very much for clearing that up for me. It's been a long time since I've used windower scripts of any sort, and I had forgotten how to make them function with what back in legacy was Dualsend. Sadly I have yet to figure out how to set up shortcuts for gear changes and what not to automate anything other than direct FFXI action across the board, but this is a great start. Thank you.
You don't setup anything in shortcuts that I know of. Shorcuts just evaluates commands given, and make corrections based on the current situation.

For example, //hasso would normally just do nothing. But with shortcuts loaded it will correct the command into /ja "Hasso" <me> and you'll use hasso.

Gearswap would be the addon that automates equip swaps, and it does require some setting up.
By Artemicion 2014-07-14 01:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I better hit the books then. My goal is to type in alias prompts in one character's chat log to automate actions and gear changes on the other character's instance.

However, since I cannot use a script to send anything other than general FFXI commands through to the other character, I should get started with Gearswap so it knows what to do when that action is initiated.

Though for now I'm seeing if it is possible to use one alias to string more than one action in sequence through Send. For example:

alias assist send PlayerB /assist PlayerA; send PlayerB /attack <t>;

Perhaps that requires a /wait somewhere in there so it doesn't suddenly do both at once.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-07-14 07:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if a MNK or RNG (With Trusts/Fellow) can do any of the 3 NMs for the T1-3 Yorcia Delve KI?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-14 08:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
Anyone know if a MNK or RNG (With Trusts/Fellow) can do any of the 3 NMs for the T1-3 Yorcia Delve KI?

T1 unlikely, it needs to be blinded. But It's the easiest of the three, and easily done MNK + SCH (for blind). I don't think any trust (cherukiki doesn't right?) blinds. And you can't rely on the sams to use yukikazi.

T2 unlikely, it needs to have water cast on it, this is basically impossible.

T3 straight up impossible, it's endrain will decimate you solo, and it takes light skillchains to bring it down.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-07-14 08:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have means to blind it 1 dd alone can kill the eye.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-07-14 08:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

kk thanks
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-07-14 09:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

T1 unlikely, it needs to be blinded. But It's the easiest of the three, and easily done MNK + SCH (for blind). I don't think any trust (cherukiki doesn't right?) blinds. And you can't rely on the sams to use yukikazi.

T3 straight up impossible, it's endrain will decimate you solo, and it takes light skillchains to bring it down.

It's not entirely impossible to do water dmg on RNG, just /COR and watershot.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-07-14 10:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
It's not entirely impossible to do water dmg on RNG, just /COR and watershot.
I think a lot of the requirements for these 3 nm's could be met solo on many jobs, however meeting them and then actually killing it may be another matter. Trusts certainly make it easier I would think, but I've only done these nms with significant buffs and a whm so I can't attest to how practical soloing any of these would be.
 Phoenix.Yidhra
Server: Phoenix
user: Mhi1
By Phoenix.Yidhra 2014-07-14 12:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I better hit the books then. My goal is to type in alias prompts in one character's chat log to automate actions and gear changes on the other character's instance.

However, since I cannot use a script to send anything other than general FFXI commands through to the other character, I should get started with Gearswap so it knows what to do when that action is initiated.

Though for now I'm seeing if it is possible to use one alias to string more than one action in sequence through Send. For example:

Perhaps that requires a /wait somewhere in there so it doesn't suddenly do both at once.
I partied with a duo boxer who had his mule set up that you could send it tells to trigger actions. ie "/tell mule {Erase}" and his mule would cast that spell on you. So what you're trying to do certainly is possible.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-07-14 12:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I know there was a whole lot of screen shots from a guy clipping all over Vana'diel showing the cities from the sky and all that, but has anyone ever gone through the glass in the Alzadaal ruins into the water?

And taken screenshots? Seems like that would be something worth checking out. Unless it just goes black when you pass through, which would be disappointing lol ;_;
By Hannahmontana 2014-07-15 16:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
If you have means to blind it 1 dd alone can kill the eye.
So basiclly a pup :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-07-15 17:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm doing trials to upgrade my newly finished Kikoku to 119. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions for good camps for the following families for my remaining WS killshot trials. The camp I was thinking for each listed below, but I'm happy to hear any suggestions if you've done a different one that worked well!

1) Amorphs: Abyssea-Konschtat leeches?
2) Aquans: Abbysea-Vunkerl crabs?
3) Undead: Abyssea-Attohwa Schnitters or hounds?

Certainly open to non-Abyssea camps, with the great TP gain from soloing with haste/2x Marches from Trusts. I actually did Ru'Aun for my WS kill Arcana x200 and found it great, Groundskeepers (at Despot pop hallway) - I could get 1000tp on most mobs before they died and then WS immediately for kill. Since it was a little close to killing right before 1000tp, I also popped Defender (was NIN/WAR mainly for the DA to gain TP) to nerf my damage a bit and prevent killing mobs before I had TP to WS.

Thanks if anyone has a suggestion!
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-16 03:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

im thinking of altering my h2H weapon

which do you think would perform better +20 attack or 4& Crit hit rate?

im kinda lookin at Crit hit dmg 2% too but 2% seems to be like woudlnt be AS good, thoughts?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-07-16 04:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm trying to get the Silver Shovel Cordon, as with the Bronze version there seems to be a prerequisite stopping me from getting this KI as I have all assignments completed.

With the Bronze version it was completing all the current quests that prevented me from obtaining it, is it the same with the silver one? Bgwiki doesn't have the new quests documented in a way that I can tell if I've done all the new quests or not, does anyone know all the new quests that need to be done?

Also do the mog garden quests count towards this, also is it possible that it may be another task I have to complete as part of the Order Up line of tasks?

Any help would be appreciated.
By fractalvoid 2014-07-16 04:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Yidhra said: »

I partied with a duo boxer who had his mule set up that you could send it tells to trigger actions. ie "/tell mule {Erase}" and his mule would cast that spell on you. So what you're trying to do certainly is possible.

I may be wrong about this particular case, but there is a healing bot that uses this feature. If you're trying to do this just using the send plugin, I'm not sure it can be done.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-16 04:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about send, is there a delay between command sent and action? Was trying to stun while controlling whm, and i thought the stun had a bit of delay, so not viable to stun like that.
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-07-16 13:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Geomancy skill up better if casting Geo Spells on an enemy or is it the same rate as casting an Indi spell on yourself?
 Quetzalcoatl.Vivivivi
user: Vivivivi
By Quetzalcoatl.Vivivivi 2014-07-16 14:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Geomancy skill up better if casting Geo Spells on an enemy or is it the same rate as casting an Indi spell on yourself?

I found it waaaaay faster to skill up by casting geo spells on enemies using typical skillup level/skill guides.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-07-16 15:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone just told me that if you're a bard using soul voice and Ghorn that just one march lets you hit cap (with haste 1, not 2) Is this true?
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-07-16 15:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
Someone just told me that if you're a bard using soul voice and Ghorn that just one march lets you hit cap (with haste 1, not 2) Is this true?

provided that ghorn is 99, yes.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-07-16 15:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Victory march +5 = 9.4+7.8= 17.2

Soul voice will double this effect, so 34.4

Haste magic is 15%, so with both you will reach 49.4%, thats above magic haste cap (43,75).

You dont even need ghorn99 for that. The langeleik or ghorn95 is enough. Even eminent flute will let you short below haste cap.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-16 15:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

would seem correct. Victory March is

9.2% base
+ 7.8% with march+5 gear (relic horn and emp hands +2)
=====
17.2%
x 2 (Soul Voice)
=====
34.4%
+ 15% Haste 1
=====
49.4% Total
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-07-16 16:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok great, thanks guys.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-07-16 17:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »

is the bolded confirmed?

t3 can be gravitied though so a rdm/nin can solo NP

Any form of fire damage lowers its endrain effect.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-07-17 03:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

what your opinions on Cor Af+1 body vs Relic +1 body?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-17 03:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »
what your opinions on Cor Af+1 body vs Relic +1 body?

Both. AF119 is good for ranged attacks and physical WSs, Relic119 is good for WF, leaden, and QD damage
First Page 2 3 ... 293 294 295 ... 837 838 839