Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 ... 843 844 845
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-03 14:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't remember what Alzadaal ruins are..was it part of the Ephramadian empire?
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-02-03 14:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
What's an alternative staff to Dorje for Meteor?

Staff from Prov.Watcher.

Neat, I have that one, thanks!
 Shiva.Dourid
Server: Shiva
user: Dourid
By Shiva.Dourid 2013-02-03 14:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I tried three times. Once with gear swaps, second I tried not changing gear at all, and a third time changing gear again.
Process:
Open: Kasha
Close: Shoha
Lv.3 Light <--I made absolutely sure to wait a full solid second after this animation ended.
Close: Fudo
Lv.3 Light
Nothing.

I then did a fudo at the end of a fourth try with gear swaps, so I wasn't able to see where the first light's animation was when I ws'd, but I definitely tried to ws before it ended, and I managed to get the double light.. So was my issue actually trying to close the double light too late?.. It seems like I have to close BEFORE light actually ends.

And now a try the sekka/konzen combo with just fudo. Tried the same strat as the fourth try but nothing.

I don't know what to believe anymore!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-03 14:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Konzen -> Fudo makes a level 4 Light skillchain, so it can't be continued by another Fudo.
 Sylph.Agentblade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2013-02-03 14:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best pet for soloing zone boss in Dyna Jeuno?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-03 14:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Any higher level pet will work (Nazuna, Yuly, Falcorr etc.). Just need to stun when it casts Death.
By Zachfurlow 2013-02-03 14:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a POL crash after character selection. Says "Downloading data..." for about 5 seconds, then I get a crash. Didn't start happening until this morning. Can't figure out why. Dunno if this is the right place to be asking this, but has anyone else experienced this problem? And any fixes? Also, it's happening with and without windower.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-02-03 15:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have steam or whatever gamestops shitty steam knockoff version, I think a bug last patch may have reverted the game client a few years. I had to help a friend who isn't particularly, well, for lack of a better word, literate figure out the same problem and that was the best I could come up with.

For some reason, it thought it was up-to-date and upon logging in, would cause a crash. It was fixed for him by reinstalling using the original discs.

Not sure how much that helps or if it's the same problem, but there you go.
 Shiva.Dourid
user: Dourid
By Shiva.Dourid 2013-02-03 15:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Konzen -> Fudo makes a level 4 Light skillchain, so it can't be continued by another Fudo.
Kasha opening, not fudo! I'm dumb..

Okay, okay, so after several attempts in campaign, which was a terrible choice of a test area(not sure what I was thinking..), I tried up in sky on elementals.

First came the traditional waiting a second after the first light ends to close with a double, and that resulted in not getting it. That was my original problem, and I thought I wasn't waiting long enough.
So after several attempts with that strategy having no luck, I try what gave me some success which was that in closing right before the light animation ends. And now I'm getting it every time. Even with the konzen/sekka combo it's the same thing.

I'm not sure if it's like this for anyone else, but my conclusion is that the window for closing a double Lv.3 skill chain is far less forgiving than an ordinary skill chain, which makes perfect sense. And it explains why I was only getting it half the time. One right after the window, one right in it.

tl;dr: It turns out I was wrong in thinking I was trying to close too early, because it was the exact contrary. Like I said: I'm not sure if it's like this for you guys, but to close a double, the ws needs to be done before the chain's animation ends. Interestingly enough, the exact opposite of waiting a second after a ws to close a normal skill chain. No wonder I was so confused..

I appreciate all who helped.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-02-03 15:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know how i find the character creation program that is on the ffxi/playonline site the one that moves and every thing the same as the one in game that is there so new people can get a better idea of what the characters are like.I forget what the link to that page is anyone have any idea.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-02-03 21:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the fastest crossbow that THF can use? Or, if they're basically all the same, which crossbow would you recommend for THF to skill up marksmanship with? Assume no RNG (which sucks because machine crossbow :P).
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-02-03 21:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I don't remember what Alzadaal ruins are..was it part of the Ephramadian empire?

No Alzadaal was an empire of its own long before WG and the Ephramadian Empire.

ToAU spoilers
[+]
 Asura.Mythh
Server: Asura
user: Ganjuh
By Asura.Mythh 2013-02-03 21:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
If you have steam or whatever gamestops shitty steam knockoff version, I think a bug last patch may have reverted the game client a few years. I had to help a friend who isn't particularly, well, for lack of a better word, literate figure out the same problem and that was the best I could come up with.

For some reason, it thought it was up-to-date and upon logging in, would cause a crash. It was fixed for him by reinstalling using the original discs.

Not sure how much that helps or if it's the same problem, but there you go.

No, I don't have steam version. I downloaded it directly from Square-Enix website and have been playing months without this happening, it was just really sudden and I just can't figure out the cause of it. Because I can get all the way to selecting my character, select it, then as soon as I do that it crashes. I've done a file check for POL and FFXI both and it's getting really irritating lol.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-02-03 21:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding Windower.

I know nothing about it, aside from it's a program people use that makes playing more efficient. I recall seeing video of it with recast timers for things, and vaguely recall someone mentioning it's good of gear swaps.

I also seem to recall hearing your not supposed to use it... but maybe I'm wrong?

Can anyone give me some info on what's it all about?
 Bahamut.Feisei
Server: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-02-03 21:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
Regarding Windower.

I know nothing about it, aside from it's a program people use that makes playing more efficient. I recall seeing video of it with recast timers for things, and vaguely recall someone mentioning it's good of gear swaps.

I also seem to recall hearing your not supposed to use it... but maybe I'm wrong?

Can anyone give me some info on what's it all about?

Endless macros(literally)
Spellcast(Ability to switch gear on cast, midcast, and endcast effortlessly)
Plasticsurgeon(didnt you wana be a mithra just once?)
Recast(Can see every spell/JA on recast at once)
EDIT: TParty too. Can see others tp. Used to be better back in the day when you needed to SC with others.
Theres is more, alot more but these are the ones i use mainly

On the whole 'not supposed to use it" nowadays just dont go shouting you use it and you'll be fine. SE has accepted that 90% of PC users use it and if they were to ban them all, lost profit. Just dont shout to the heavens you use it.
 Shiva.Frodoe
user: Frodoe
By Shiva.Frodoe 2013-02-04 07:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

hi i got few question to ask. i been playing for longtime but i know recently they have changed how different gear works and need everybodys help please :)

aluh compared to a Thokha str trial dagger? which one will do better damage? i know thokha might upfront but was wondering if the aluh's cirt would win over time? its to offhand with a twastar on dnc, i use relic+2 set, emp+2 set, af body macroed for cures, basiclly i got the different piece marcoed for what they do and fight with toci. please assit, thanks :)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-04 07:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »

No Alzadaal was an empire of its own long before WG and the Ephramadian Empire.

ToAU spoilers
Thanks I completely forgot about that!
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-02-04 14:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So after having an arguement in game has fenrir ever been a Light and Dark dual element avatar? Im telling them no but they are adamant that they are right.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-02-04 15:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

In FFXI I'm fairly certain Fenrir has only ever been a Dark Elemental avatar, can't say for sure about other final fantasy games he`s been in. No info I've found hints that he was ever light based though.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-02-04 15:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Frodoe said: »
hi i got few question to ask. i been playing for longtime but i know recently they have changed how different gear works and need everybodys help please :)

aluh compared to a Thokha str trial dagger? which one will do better damage? i know thokha might upfront but was wondering if the aluh's cirt would win over time? its to offhand with a twastar on dnc, i use relic+2 set, emp+2 set, af body macroed for cures, basiclly i got the different piece marcoed for what they do and fight with toci. please assit, thanks :)
Str Thokcha in offhand for Twashtar.

Read through this thread to answer just about any other question:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/27566/the-last-dance-gearing-paradigms-for-a-new-age/
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-02-04 15:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Shiva.Frodoe said: »

Str Thokcha in offhand for Twashtar.

Read through this thread to answer just about any other question:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/27566/the-last-dance-gearing-paradigms-for-a-new-age/

Specifically the last few pages, where I start compiling the information that will become the new threadfront.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-02-04 17:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
How do I get hold of a moderator? Would like to see if options can be added to Linkshell types under the Linkshell Edit page. Would really like the Einherjar option to be there. Well if it can have the same options as the Linkshell Community has it would be really awesome.

You will need to PM Scragg for this, He's the site Admin~

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mcclane
Server: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2013-02-04 18:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Yuriki said: »
What's the fastest crossbow that THF can use? Or, if they're basically all the same, which crossbow would you recommend for THF to skill up marksmanship with? Assume no RNG (which sucks because machine crossbow :P).

octant
[+]
 Asura.Babydrulian
By Asura.Babydrulian 2013-02-04 19:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What mobs can I solo to get kindred seals to get some kindred crests at 85 BLM?
Need it to raise my cap.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-02-04 19:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

if you join an aby pt and ask nicely to lot crests for limitbreaks, you can trade 3x hkc or kc for 1 kindred seal
 Asura.Babydrulian
By Asura.Babydrulian 2013-02-04 19:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
if you join an aby pt and ask nicely to lot crests for limitbreaks, you can trade 3x hkc or kc for 1 kindred seal
I would do this but it's really not worth the stone IMO because some people put up fuss about it ending up lotting against me.
 Phoenix.Icemn
Server: Phoenix
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-02-04 20:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Babydrulian said: »
I would do this but it's really not worth the stone IMO because some people put up fuss about it ending up lotting against me.
People usually let you grab them if you need for limit quests o.o is that from personal experience or are you just assuming they won't let you take?
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-02-04 20:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't like it when folks try to do this since you can just exchange seals but one time, a new NIN asked really nicely and I responded saying, "you know you can just exchange seals, right?" He replied, "yeah, but I spent all of my seals trying to get Utsusemi: Ni." what a champ.

I never felt like someone deserved them more than that guy :p
First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 ... 843 844 845