Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 144 145 146 ... 842 843 844
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-01-29 10:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
edit2: awesome, I freed over 9000 inventory slots!
Nice! ( '-')b Love the feeling.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2013-01-29 11:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
You can porter all of those. Empyrean accessories in 8, relic accessories in 6.
Now if only you could store stuff like Tandava Crackows...
 Phoenix.Lilligant
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lilligant 2013-01-29 11:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Few questions since I am just coming back to the game, and I like you guys more than wikis and update notes :3

1 - Did assaults get changed to where you can enter alone or do you still need 3 people?

2 - Is Meeble Burrows an LS or large group style event (18+) or a small group of friends style event (3-6)?

3 - I have heard of a trick where you can use Moblin Maze Mongers to get a Revitalizer when you need to reset your two-hour, does anyone know this process?
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2013-01-29 11:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lilligant said: »
Few questions since I am just coming back to the game, and I like you guys more than wikis and update notes :3

1 - Did assaults get changed to where you can enter alone or do you still need 3 people?

2 - Is Meeble Burrows an LS or large group style event (18+) or a small group of friends style event (3-6)?

3 - I have heard of a trick where you can use Moblin Maze Mongers to get a Revitalizer when you need to reset your two-hour, does anyone know this process?
1. Still need 3 people to enter. :<

2. Meebles is definitely a kind of friends-style event, 3-6 people can do almost all of the content.

3. I do not know this process. :p
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-01-29 11:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

3. Enter any revitalization team maze(can buy one off of duplidoc) with at least 3 CC points. Descend, buy medicine for 3 points off of the NPC and everyone gets a revitalizer. Even if you have 6 points, they'll all be expended upon entry so you can only do this at most once every 2 days per character.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Trixan
Server: Shiva
user: Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-01-29 12:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be the fastest set for summoning avatars?
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2013-01-29 12:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No because the weapons are augmented past 75 right? The weapons you win are 99 iirc. Besides even at 75 I don't think you could ever send them.

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
If my mule just happens to win 1st prize in the Mog Bonanza would I be able to send the weapon or whatever to my main character on the same account?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-29 13:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, so me and Kuching are working on the pup guide, but I ran into a massive head-scratcher. WS sets for pup now, due to salvage+1 gears being added into the mix. Not sure if Thaumas head is still best in slot because of the crit rate (btw I'm asking for both pummel and smite here), or toci's harness vs haramaki+1, Also is Nefarious collar still best in slot, or can that be repped by that str+6 vit+6 neck (for pummel) or ire torque+1 for smite? Also the leg slot kind of throws me for a loop too. Uncapped Acc I'm guessing Thaumas or Abbateur (not sure which is honestly better since their stats are so split), and for capped Acc I'm guessing usukane+1 legs? Thanks guys. Just trying to get the right info before putting it all up on the guide ^^.
 Asura.Xredx
Server: Asura
user: xredx
By Asura.Xredx 2013-01-29 14:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

how bad is bow compared to gun these days? Im working on a 99 Gandiva but if a 95 annie and last stand beats it, i may reconsider my stance.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-29 14:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xredx said: »
how bad is bow compared to gun these days? Im working on a 99 Gandiva but if a 95 annie and last stand beats it, i may reconsider my stance.

Bullet dmg man... Those things are pretty fierce.
 Asura.Xredx
user: xredx
By Asura.Xredx 2013-01-29 14:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

how does Jisnhu compare to Last stand at optimal gear sets/scenarios?
 Leviathan.Veltan
user: kethrel
By Leviathan.Veltan 2013-01-29 15:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
OK, so me and Kuching are working on the pup guide, but I ran into a massive head-scratcher. WS sets for pup now, due to salvage+1 gears being added into the mix. Not sure if Thaumas head is still best in slot because of the crit rate (btw I'm asking for both pummel and smite here), or toci's harness vs haramaki+1, Also is Nefarious collar still best in slot, or can that be repped by that str+6 vit+6 neck (for pummel) or ire torque+1 for smite? Also the leg slot kind of throws me for a loop too. Uncapped Acc I'm guessing Thaumas or Abbateur (not sure which is honestly better since their stats are so split), and for capped Acc I'm guessing usukane+1 legs? Thanks guys. Just trying to get the right info before putting it all up on the guide ^^.

Not sure about all of those questions, but off the top of my head, isn't the Rancor Collar strictly better than Nefarious Collar. Assuming i'm not missing a hidden bonus of the Nefarious Collar, I assume the entire purpose of the neck is the +3% crit rate and rancor collar goes up to +5% at max hate. I'll look into the other parts when I have a couple minutes.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-01-29 15:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nefarious is typically paired with with Rancorous Mantle to give +8% crit and the Mantle doesn't stack with Rancor Collar.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-29 15:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my answers in the form of a PM, thx guys :). Gorget is actually best for smite for pup using Rancor mantle for the att and crit rate. Nem cap from meebles is also the better item typically. Thanks. The guide will be updated by Kuching, as her and I share notes ^^. So look for it in the near future ^^
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-29 15:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Nefarious is typically paired with with Rancorous Mantle to give +8% crit and the Mantle doesn't stack with Rancor Collar.

Yeah that's basically why anybody would use nefarious anyways, but gorget is best for pup anyways, for the acc bonus and slight bump to fTP aspect.
[+]
 Leviathan.Veltan
user: kethrel
By Leviathan.Veltan 2013-01-29 15:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

That's what I get for losing sight of the bigger picture. It didn't even dawn on me the other gear that would be in the set.
 Asura.Cly
user: Clyment
By Asura.Cly 2013-01-29 19:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Good People:) Working my way through Waypoint Quest and i am stuck at Uleguerand Range says its at (H-7 which is off the map) how ya get behind the frozen waterfall at the summit?
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-01-29 19:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cly said: »
Hey Good People:) Working my way through Waypoint Quest and i am stuck at Uleguerand Range says its at (H-7 which is off the map) how ya get behind the frozen waterfall at the summit?

It only opens when there is no weather.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-30 02:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Where does one go to find the max stat augments for those "random stat pool" augments you can get on synergy augments? I just got STR+1 DEX+3 WS Dmg+2 on my Shura Kabuto+1 and I realize the STR is the odd augment there. Was wondering if it was possible to get more than 1 STR.
 Asura.Cly
user: Clyment
By Asura.Cly 2013-01-30 02:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Good Stuff thank you Kelhor.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-01-30 04:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick BLU question. So I finished getting my alts blu 91-99 yesterday and left him skilling up blue magic so I can hunt most of his remaining spells later today. I checked his skill before I went to work and it was at 367 with +35 skill on and full 8/8 Blue Magic merits. My question is does that +35 in gear and the 8/8 merits count toward the skill needed to learn spells? Meaning his skill to learn spells would be 367 (just shy of lvl 91) vs 316 (just above lvl 82). It's been a long time since I've had to know this for learning spells and I just dont remember if it all fully counts or if its off base skill only.
 Phoenix.Icemn
Server: Phoenix
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-01-30 04:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
Quick BLU question. So I finished getting my alts blu 91-99 yesterday and left him skilling up blue magic so I can hunt most of his remaining spells later today. I checked his skill before I went to work and it was at 367 with +35 skill on and full 8/8 Blue Magic merits. My question is does that +35 in gear and the 8/8 merits count toward the skill needed to learn spells? Meaning his skill to learn spells would be 367 (just shy of lvl 91) vs 316 (just above lvl 82). It's been a long time since I've had to know this for learning spells and I just dont remember if it all fully counts or if its off base skill only.

Last I knew, yeah it counts toward learning spells if it puts you within range.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-30 04:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Where does one go to find the max stat augments for those "random stat pool" augments you can get on synergy augments? I just got STR+1 DEX+3 WS Dmg+2 on my Shura Kabuto+1 and I realize the STR is the odd augment there. Was wondering if it was possible to get more than 1 STR.
Click me.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-01-30 05:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Icemn said: »
Ragnarok.Ravant said: »

Last I knew, yeah it counts toward learning spells if it puts you within range.

I thought so cause I remember always wearing my AF body when learning spells back at 75 cap.

Thanks
 Asura.Flowooo
user: FloW
By Asura.Flowooo 2013-01-30 06:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Belgaer said: »
Working parser these days?? I can't seem to get kparser to work. It'll parse the chat log, but not combat info.

Not sure if answered or solved yet, but

Do you have a second account or mule it could be parsing? kparser has an option to ask you what character to parse, but doesnt ask by default. Unsure what it was called, but could be checkmarked in options, to ask who to parse.
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-01-30 06:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Flowooo said: »
Phoenix.Belgaer said: »
Working parser these days?? I can't seem to get kparser to work. It'll parse the chat log, but not combat info.

Not sure if answered or solved yet, but

Do you have a second account or mule it could be parsing? kparser has an option to ask you what character to parse, but doesnt ask by default. Unsure what it was called, but could be checkmarked in options, to ask who to parse.

Tools -> Options -> check "Specify process when starting", if you have more than one character online.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-01-30 11:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

On Scholar, can you just equip af3+2 body for Addendums and get the -enm, or do you have to use the body when you want the -enm?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-01-30 13:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this has been asked, sorry in advance if I missed it.

How does Dumakulem's Ring fair versus a stormsoul ring for Blade: HI? What about Rudra's or evisceration?
First Page 2 3 ... 144 145 146 ... 842 843 844