Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 123 124 125 ... 838 839 840
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-12-21 20:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Follow your heart and all that jazz.
 Shiva.Trixan
user: Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2012-12-21 20:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
Follow your heart and all that jazz.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Keyoku
Server: Cerberus
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2012-12-22 04:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a while since Meeble was out so I was wondering if there's any new intel on the differences between the purchasable grimoires.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-22 05:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Trixan said: »
Kenkoken or Nirvana?

I play summoner more but I hear kenkonken is an absolute game changer for puppetmaster
While kkk is great for pup, the job itself will always suffer from the non-2handed-dd disease, and also a natural low skill. The puppet closes the gap a bit, but not enough. If you love the job go for it, but if you expect something godly then you'll be let down.

I know nothing about summoner, so can't tell you if that one is instead a better investment.
By Aeyela 2012-12-22 05:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nirvana is pretty damn good but when the myriad of benefits other mythics give their jobs is considered, it doesn't seem worth it. It has the highest perpetuation (@99) of any staff but perpetuation isn't hard to cap anyway.

The aftermath is the real selling point because the avatar gains it as well. The increases attack will raise the roof of their damage (as opposed to adding a quantity of attack) and the occasionally attacks twice, as far as I know, works on blood pacts. This can cause some breathtaking damage when a blood pact critical hits on top of a double attack.

Unfortunately you have to be meleeing to benefit from the aftermath and anything where a summoner is useful or preferred you're very unlikely to be meleeing... Particularly solo, where such an aftermath would really shine. Bit of a catch 22.

If you like Summoner, by all means get a Nirvana. But unless you're a serious melee Summoner you'll benefit better from another investment for another job. =(
By Aeyela 2012-12-22 05:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said: »
not 100% sure, but i think one npc ask you to delevel other crafts, but others dont. you can have the level 99 craft and another to 81 max, thats for sure, but i think there is one NPC that delevels your craft

as alternitive you can get a Rabao earring and do the repair quest. This for sure is easyer/better when you have 2 Lu Shangs lol.

Alright, I'll give it a try. Worst case scenario I need to make some Imperial Wootz Ingots to get my levels back, which I'll be using to skill up beyond 99 anyways. Thanks!
 Bahamut.Wen
Server: Bahamut
user: Marcel
By Bahamut.Wen 2012-12-22 06:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know total HP of Odin#2?
 Carbuncle.Renly
Server: Carbuncle
user: Robbie
By Carbuncle.Renly 2012-12-22 12:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone fought Shen at 99 cap?
 Shiva.Arana
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2012-12-22 12:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a dat mod which can be found here just download the file and put it in your rom file.
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-12-22 12:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Renly said: »
Has anyone fought Shen at 99 cap?

It was a joke @ 75, should be really easy @99. Like sneeze at him and he's dead, easy.
 Seraph.Nelo
Server: Seraph
user: nelo
By Seraph.Nelo 2012-12-23 13:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that sucks. Cuz it's a horrible system.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-23 13:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
The aftermath is the real selling point because the avatar gains it as well. The increases attack will raise the roof of their damage (as opposed to adding a quantity of attack) and the occasionally attacks twice, as far as I know, works on blood pacts. This can cause some breathtaking damage when a blood pact critical hits on top of a double attack.

This is not true, but it's a common misconception.

If Avatar BPs were melee weaponskills, they would have incredibly high fTPs (like, 15) with extra hits still only having 1 http://fTP. This is why Predator Claws does either 1500+ or like 200 damage. It's because the first hit is the one that really matters. As such, the extra attacks from AM3 don't really do very much for Avatar BPs. You're looking at an extra ~100 damage when it procs, which is a far cry from taking my breath. Similarly, Avatars already have an incredible amount of Attack and AM2 doesn't really benefit them there.

If anything, Nirvana is an impressive staff mythic because it doesn't need the aftermath to be maximally useful. It's just a BP damage tool for magic BPs and a perp staff.
By Aeyela 2012-12-23 13:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That just sucks. No love for the avatars. When playing with Nirvana on the test server I did have some spike damage though and, evidently incorrectly, assumed it was down to the aftermath. That is quite a let down. :<
 Lakshmi.Raksha
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Raksha 2012-12-24 11:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

BG not working for anyone else?

EDIT: AAAAANNNNNDDDDDD its working again.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-12-24 15:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious if there's anyway to dat swap spellcasting animation to make a hume male laughing like shantotto while casting
 Fenrir.Rollesroyce
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Rollesroyce 2012-12-24 15:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a higher chance of Countering an attack the lower a mob's evasion is?
By Aeyela 2012-12-24 15:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
I'm curious if there's anyway to dat swap spellcasting animation to make a hume male laughing like shantotto while casting

I don't think so. You'd need to make a custom .dat file for it at the very least. You couldn't port the existing data file for her laugh to Male Hume, it would cause all manner of graphical uh-ohs.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-24 15:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Aeyela said: »

This is not true, but it's a common misconception.

If Avatar BPs were melee weaponskills, they would have incredibly high fTPs (like, 15) with extra hits still only having 1 http://fTP. This is why Predator Claws does either 1500+ or like 200 damage. It's because the first hit is the one that really matters. As such, the extra attacks from AM3 don't really do very much for Avatar BPs. You're looking at an extra ~100 damage when it procs, which is a far cry from taking my breath. Similarly, Avatars already have an incredible amount of Attack and AM2 doesn't really benefit them there.

If anything, Nirvana is an impressive staff mythic because it doesn't need the aftermath to be maximally useful. It's just a BP damage tool for magic BPs and a perp staff.

Yeah the avatar MAB bonus is pretty damn spectacular, I would think.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-24 15:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rollesroyce said: »

It would raise your rate of landing the counter, but not your actual counter rate, no. I believe your actual counter rate is fixed to the rate your JT/gear/JAs give.
 Fenrir.Rollesroyce
By Fenrir.Rollesroyce 2012-12-24 15:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So what happens if you miss a counter does the game register that as just a miss?
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-12-24 15:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, just a quick (nooby) question--but do active en-spell effects decrease the proc chance of relic weapon additional-effects (such as Mandau's poison or Excalibur's slashing-bonus damage?) I couldn't find anything on the web regarding this happening, so I wasn't sure if it was the case or not.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-24 15:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

It would raise your rate of landing the counter, but not your actual counter rate, no. I believe your actual counter rate is fixed to the rate your JT/gear/JAs give.

I thought counters check accuracy first, and if the acc check fails, you just don't counter?
So in a way, a mobs evasion directly affect your counter rate, unless you cap accuracy on it anyways. (I think only perfect counter can miss, because it forces a counter no matter what?)
By Aeyela 2012-12-24 15:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Indirectly yes, in the sense that counters go through an accuracy check to determine the %age rate of counter attacks.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-24 15:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Increasing your accuracy on an evasive target, or lowering the monster's evasion, will serve to increase your effective rate of countering, but will not increase your Counter rate beyond its hard set value.

Monster Attacks -> Check for Evasion -> Check for Parry -> Check for Shadow Images -> Check for Counter -> Check for Counter hit -> Counter Attack Success/Fail -> Check for Guard -> PDT -> Phalanx -> Stoneskin -> Scherzo/Earthen Armor

Perfect Counter can miss, but it still deflects the attack.

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
Sorry, just a quick (nooby) question--but do active en-spell effects decrease the proc chance of relic weapon additional-effects (such as Mandau's poison or Excalibur's slashing-bonus damage?) I couldn't find anything on the web regarding this happening, so I wasn't sure if it was the case or not.

Enspells overwrite additional effects completely. This includes Excalibur's hidden effect.
[+]
 Fenrir.Rollesroyce
By Fenrir.Rollesroyce 2012-12-24 15:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thank you guys I appreciate it.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-12-24 15:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks so much! ^^ I thought that was the case. :)
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-24 15:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I had the general concept right, but proth definitely explained it better -_- lol
First Page 2 3 ... 123 124 125 ... 838 839 840