Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 839 840 841
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2012-11-06 10:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Exalius said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Easiest job to kill Maat with? It's my next limit break...
Samurai and White Mage are very easy. For White Mage you just keep him Reposed the entire fight, and Meikyo Shisui is an easy win for Samurai.
Probably too late to be helpful at this point, but a new player who needs maat is pretty likely to be abyssea burned. Skilling divine takes a decent amount of time, and would be easier at 99 if they actually care about it. I'd recommend just buying/borrowing an earth staff, cheviot cape, and gear with defense for the 5 main slots. Cure3, paralyna, echo drops, tav taco, protect4, vile elixir+1. All you need to win with 0 skill, just spam cure3 with solace and paralyna/echo if he silence/paras you. When I did it for 7 mules consecutively, I only had to use the vile elixir twice, but couldn't hurt to have it.
Actually no, I've been soloing/exp parties in Gusgen Mines with my magic classes. My main is SMN followed by RDM and WHM. Is SAM easiest or would SMN, or RDM, be better at this point?

I wouldn't know from experience b/c I broke lvl cap on DNC but I've heard time and time again that rdm maat is the hardest.
 Fenrir.Stolas
Server: Fenrir
user: Necros
By Fenrir.Stolas 2012-11-06 10:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My random question that I'm sure its been answered, but I can't find it anywhere...

Does the Shaper's Shawl affect fishing skill-ups?
By Gimp 2012-11-06 10:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tokidoki said: »
Samurai and White Mage are very easy. For White Mage you just keep him Reposed the entire fight, and Meikyo Shisui is an easy win for Samurai.
Probably too late to be helpful at this point, but a new player who needs maat is pretty likely to be abyssea burned. Skilling divine takes a decent amount of time, and would be easier at 99 if they actually care about it. I'd recommend just buying/borrowing an earth staff, cheviot cape, and gear with defense for the 5 main slots. Cure3, paralyna, echo drops, tav taco, protect4, vile elixir+1. All you need to win with 0 skill, just spam cure3 with solace and paralyna/echo if he silence/paras you. When I did it for 7 mules consecutively, I only had to use the vile elixir twice, but couldn't hurt to have it.
Actually no, I've been soloing/exp parties in Gusgen Mines with my magic classes. My main is SMN followed by RDM and WHM. Is SAM easiest or would SMN, or RDM, be better at this point?

I wouldn't know from experience b/c I broke lvl cap on DNC but I've heard time and time again that rdm maat is the hardest.

Sam is easiest, smn you have to survive the 2hr from maat which can be considered with rr I'd imagine, and Rdm is reliant on sleep > nuke repeat until his 2hr which you'd sleep. Because rdm maat can be tricky to sleep and has rdm abilities it can be a difficult fight(but rewarding for beating him). Essentially if you can sleep maat on rdm then you can beat him, you can attempt to go all out nuking but need a lot of mp to do so and meds.
[+]
 Valefor.Exalius
Server: Valefor
user: Exalius
By Valefor.Exalius 2012-11-06 10:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Gimp said: »

Sam is easiest, smn you have to survive the 2hr from maat which can be considered with rr I'd imagine, and Rdm is reliant on sleep > nuke repeat until his 2hr which you'd sleep. Because rdm maat can be tricky to sleep and has rdm abilities it can be a difficult fight(but rewarding for beating him). Essentially if you can sleep maat on rdm then you can beat him, you can attempt to go all out nuking but need a lot of mp to do so and meds.
Thanks for the brief. :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-11-06 11:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG is pretty easy as well.
[+]
 Valefor.Exalius
Server: Valefor
user: Exalius
By Valefor.Exalius 2012-11-06 21:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you everybody for your input ^_^ I had a few ideas but now I know what I should be focusing on. Thanks :D
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-11-07 01:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to adjust my tp set for NNI. Would the mobs in NNI be considered Fodder on the DPS spreadsheet?
By Gimp 2012-11-07 05:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cons ep to you are fodder.

Spec 2-5 mobs are fodder.

For Nms it varies, most of them just have a bit more hp but a few of them like Diamond Daig, Adamantoise,etc. have high defense and shouldn't be lumped with other nms where as stuff like cargo crab carolin is nothing. The real annoying ones are far and few between.

For Floor Leaders 2-5 I'm not sure; willing to bet that Imps are due to the speed you can kill them (low hp, low defense). Thf Qiqirn can screw stuff up for your set because you'll have curry on and you'll miss quite a bit. The rest of the families still die fairly quick but have more hp like chariots; it's moreso the annoying tp moves that go off that can slow you down.

I don't specifically about 20, 40, 60 bosses because I haven't done enough of them but 80 and 100 aren't fodder.

Gave a detailed answer since it's not necessarily yes or no if you didn't mind.

And you're welcome Exa=)
By krish 2012-11-07 18:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been thinking about finishing up a Pandemonium Warden (the other PW) pop to kill for atma/lulz. I heard there was some mob that gave massive zeni?
By Ashandarei 2012-11-07 18:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

krish said: »
I've been thinking about finishing up a Pandemonium Warden (the other PW) pop to kill for atma/lulz. I heard there was some mob that gave massive zeni?

Naul's in Aby-Tahrongi I think
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-11-07 19:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashandarei said: »
krish said: »

Naul's in Aby-Tahrongi I think
^ A godsend. Made the zeni part of the mythic quest bearable.
 Cerberus.Wulfgarson
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wulfgarson 2012-11-07 21:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

about a year or so ago, SE changed zeni to _here all mobs give x10 zeni, so any mobs will basically give a large amount of zeni. Nauls give around 1100-1500 zeni for each soul plate now. another one to consider are the triple bomb clusters in (A) Mis. coast @ conflux 6. GL.
 Siren.Renavi
Server: Siren
user: Renavi
By Siren.Renavi 2012-11-08 07:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know why my Tenshodo fame won't rise from 5 to 6? I've probably traded in 50+ Zinc ores already x.x; my rice ball price just stays at 144 though and it won't let me unlock the quest :(
user: Tspeed
By Siren.Terrifyingspeed 2012-11-08 08:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Your trying to unlock in Norg right ? (not tenshodo)
2) If new to game, part of Tenshodo/Norg fame is related to starter
city fame (not sure how much or if its possible to skip,)
3)Riceball price affected by other factors (recent sales etc)
4) Good Luck !
 Siren.Renavi
user: Renavi
By Siren.Renavi 2012-11-08 08:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Terrifyingspeed said: »
1) Your trying to unlock in Norg right ? (not tenshodo)
2) If new to game, part of Tenshodo/Norg fame is related to starter
city fame (not sure how much or if its possible to skip,)
3)Riceball price affected by other factors (recent sales etc)
4) Good Luck !

Well, the quest Beat Around the Bushin is what I'm trying to unlock and it says to talk to Vola at Tenshodo HQ in Neptune's Spire. I have rank 10 San D'Oria, Bastok, and Jeuno fame already so I doubt starter city fame is my problem. Even if rice balls are affected by other things, if it hits 143 then that should be rank 6. My problem is that it will not change from 144 to 143 in the 50+ Zinc ores I've traded even though it took less than that to go from 4->5 right before. x.x;

Post deleted by User.
By Ashandarei 2012-11-08 11:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
Clothcraft Plus skill caps at what please?

Body +1
Glassees +1
NPC Support +3
Stall +5
Moglification +??

Thank you for the info.

10, the stall and moglification are the same.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-11-08 11:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU is right up there with RDM.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-11-08 11:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM maat was never that hard..
I went 1/1 >_>
People just always used to swear by sleep -> nuke, when all they should've done was chainspell nuke and bring a vile elixir and a +1.
By Ashandarei 2012-11-08 11:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Clothcraft Plus skill caps at what please?

Body +1
Glassees +1
NPC Support +3
Stall +5
Moglification +??

Thank you for the info.

So Gilt Tapestry or Spinning Wheel and Weaver's Signboard mean nothing if I have stall? I have all three in moghouse

Correct, you only need the stall.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-11-08 12:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Clothcraft Plus skill caps at what please? Body +1 Glassees +1 NPC Support +3 Stall +5 Moglification +?? Thank you for the info.
So Gilt Tapestry or Spinning Wheel and Weaver's Signboard mean nothing if I have stall? I have all three in moghouse
Correct, you only need the stall.

but your moogle can tell you that you have a stronger aura!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-08 13:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
I wouldn't consider either one particularly hard with preparation.
user: Tspeed
By Siren.Terrifyingspeed 2012-11-08 19:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You're talking to 'em on Monk correct ?
Well, the quest Beat Around the Bushin is what I'm trying to unlock and it says to talk to Vola at Tenshodo HQ in Neptune's Spire. I have rank 10 San D'Oria, Bastok, and Jeuno fame already so I doubt starter city fame is my problem. Even if rice balls are affected by other things, if it hits 143 then that should be rank 6. My problem is that it will not change from 144 to 143 in the 50+ Zinc ores I've traded even though it took less than that to go from 4->5 right before. x.x;
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-11-08 19:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Mannn, BLU was my first. A new BLU would find it ridiculous. :< I did all the proper preparations and couldn't beat him in all 6 tries. I should really go back and kick his *** for that.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-11-08 19:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Who are all of these purple people popping up out of nowhere o.o
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-08 19:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Mannn, BLU was my first. A new BLU would find it ridiculous. :< I did all the proper preparations and couldn't beat him in all 6 tries. I should really go back and kick his *** for that.
Define "proper". The old wiki strats are frankly pretty bad. Raubahn was my second fight, but given that my first was BLM and it was right in the middle of deflation it might as well have been a first for all having a job at 75 did for me at the time.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-11-08 20:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Define "proper". The old wiki strats are frankly pretty bad. Raubahn was my second fight, but given that my first was BLM and it was right in the middle of deflation it might as well have been a first for all having a job at 75 did for me at the time.
If I remember right, it was the standard Opo necklace sleep to 100 tp, tav taco, cocoon, other blu buffs, try to kill him before he kills you strategy.

Gearswapping would likely have made it much easier for me back then, but I was that much of a newb.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-08 20:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's exactly the strategy I'm talking about. Playing like that is pretty much the antithesis of BLU. BLU has all manner of useful debuffs even at that level and using them makes the fight significantly easier. Yawn comes to mind. You can certainly zerg it, but it's a roulette game of what spells/WS he picks if you do it that way.
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104 105 ... 839 840 841