[Suggestion] A Few Ideas To Enhance This Site

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » [Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
[Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 26 27 28
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-03-12 17:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not aware if this has been mentioned but here:

I've noticed an increase in people requesting loans to finish their relic weapon(s).
Perhaps adding an option to the bazaar function for people to request/seek out a loan for 'x' amount of currency.
I believe it'd be easier for said people making a relic or those who wish to help out.
It'd also relieve possible forum congestion from people no longer making threads for this.

This sounded a lot better in my head, but I hope you guys can make something out from that lol.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-12 17:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

People usually don't proactively go looking to loan out Dynamis currency unless they're charging for the service. I think the threads are warranted, personally.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-12 17:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe a possibility to chose the quantity of wanted items?
 Valefor.Thelaughingman
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Thelaughingman 2012-03-28 21:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope this is the right place to post, I don't wanna clutter up this subforum with a new thread for a few various suggestions. Some of these might be unreasonable, so I have no big expectations but I figure there might be a small chance nobody has thought of these or some other factor that might actually make one possible.

First, for shouts, can autotranslate phrases that are items (and less important and more unlikely tracked key items) link to the FFXIAH page on them? I would find it very useful to be able to click an autotranslate phrase about someone selling their item and have it take me to the FFXIAH page on the same item for price comparisons.

Second, one of the suggestions people constantly ask for are NPC prices. I understand and have great respect for the enlightened collection policy. Obviously this one is a hard suggestion to implement, so I don't have any expectation, but I figure I should ask since it would be really cool if there was any chance of implementation: Can Guildwork clients track NPC prices for goods so they can be listed on FFXIAH?

Third, as above with using Guildwork to prices, it could be used to find recipes when an NPC tells one to a player. I don't understand how it is currently implemented, but doing it automatically would be much smoother in my opinion, if it is possible. This might have a chance of being expanded to the Conquest/Allied Note/Imperial Standing converters as well but since that information doesn't show in the chat log as much I have less expectations then even the very off chance that prices or recipes could be worked out.

I know these are probably a long shot, and it can be annoying to hear ideas from some guy, especially if they are hard to implement and you haven't implemented them for that reason, so my apologies in advance. Also, if this is the wrong place to post this, can someone direct me to where I should post this - as far as I can tell this is the correct place and I have looked to be sure, but I may still be mistaken about this being the right place.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-04-02 16:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

didnt want to make a tread for this but

adding a checklist, similar to the abyssea/assault for voidwatch?
for such thing as clears and atmacites and stuff
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-02 17:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Thelaughingman said: »
Can Guildwork clients track NPC prices for goods so they can be listed on FFXIAH?
This this this this this this! x100

It would be perfect, it should be able to do it with some code to recognize the item being sold and the price it's sold at. There really needs to be NPC prices on item pages and guildwork would be the perfect source for NPC prices.

Do this please D:!
 Ragnarok.Daveanna
Server: Ragnarok
user: Daveanna
By Ragnarok.Daveanna 2012-04-02 17:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm to start: is there a reason why recipes haven't been updated? Cause it would be cool to see the new recipes from the last couple of years that haven't been added yet. (If this is wrong place to post, feel free to redirect)

I also thought it would be cool to see our Captain ranks updated, but I think I read somewhere that that wasn't going to happen for x or y reason.

A wishlist, similar to the wanted section would be kinda neat too, especially since so many pieces of gear are being constantly added. A private (optional?) way to remember everything without an expiration date or the visibility of the wanted ads could be very practical. You could make it either just a lump sum list, or even break it down into "wishlist sets"

I think that's about all, thanks for your time. :)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-02 18:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Daveanna said: »
Hmmm to start: is there a reason why recipes haven't been updated?
They were pulled off a site and once that site stopped being updated then FFXIAH stopped updating as well.

I've wanted the crafting and synergy recipes added for years, synergy really needs it bad. I've even offered to add them manually because of the time it would take to do it.

There aren't any plans atm to add them to the site atm I'm sure though :(
 Ragnarok.Daveanna
By Ragnarok.Daveanna 2012-04-02 18:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
They were pulled off a site and once that site stopped being updated then FFXIAH stopped updating as well.

I've wanted the crafting and synergy recipes added for years, synergy really needs it bad. I've even offered to add them manually because of the time it would take to do it.

/sadness

Well, I kinda figured something like that was going on. Alrighty, thanks for the reply.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-02 18:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

/sadness

Well, I kinda figured something like that was going on. Alrighty, thanks for the reply.
Yea makes me sad as well :(

and with GE/FFXIclopedia fading out and BG not really hosting recipes (it wasn't really made for that side of the game after all, GE/FFXIclopedia was) it's becoming an issue as new recipes come out.
 Ragnarok.Daveanna
By Ragnarok.Daveanna 2012-04-02 18:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

/sadness

and with GE/FFXIclopedia fading out and BG not really hosting recipes (it wasn't really made for that side of the game after all, GE/FFXIclopedia was) it's becoming an issue as new recipes come out.
I just love the FFXIAH function that allows you to see the cost of materials, how readily they are available, and how much profit or loss per synth. It's genius. (though I won't lie, I have found hidden gems in some synths that aren't visible on the site, but I'd take the convenience of having them in one place over a little extra gil.)
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-02 18:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

/sadness

I just love the FFXIAH function that allows you to see the cost of materials, how readily they are available, and how much profit or loss per synth. It's genius. (though I won't lie, I have found hidden gems in some synths that aren't visible on the site, but I'd take the convenience of having them in one place over a little extra gil.)
Exactly, this site was built for that kind of thing. It seems crazy that it isn't taking advantage of its features for new items and synths.

I really hope it doesn't stay like this much longer, I'm still willing to volunteer to update item pages missing recipes D:
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daveanna
By Ragnarok.Daveanna 2012-04-02 18:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and one more thing. Maybe this goes to a "bugs" section, buuuut.. The vendors locations don't seem to be displayed correctly for items anymore.

Take distilled water for example:

Leillaine Bastok Markets {S} 10 - 13 gil
Yoskolo La Vaule {S} 10 - 13 gil
Leyla Everbloom Hollow 10 - 13 gil
Benaige Balga's Dais 10 - 13 gil
Cletae Balga's Dais 0 - 0 gil
Kueh Igunahmori Balga's Dais 0 - 0 gil
Shilah Balga's Dais 10 - 13 gil
Boncort Waughroon Shrine 10 - 13 gil
Croumangue Giddeus 10 - 13 gil

etc...

I never knew there were vendors there >.>

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-03 17:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
I just got hit with an audio add for air freshener from this website, while logged in. Autoplayed upon load of a random thread, volume maxxed in it's player.

That was extremely annoying when I'm trying to comply as helpfully as possible by not blocking the ads here, come on guys.
I think you should send a PM to Scragg about that specific ad, I don't think he wants those on this site either.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-03 17:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, and one more thing. Maybe this goes to a "bugs" section, buuuut.. The vendors locations don't seem to be displayed correctly for items anymore.

Take distilled water for example:

Leillaine Bastok Markets {S} 10 - 13 gil
Yoskolo La Vaule {S} 10 - 13 gil
Leyla Everbloom Hollow 10 - 13 gil
Benaige Balga's Dais 10 - 13 gil
Cletae Balga's Dais 0 - 0 gil
Kueh Igunahmori Balga's Dais 0 - 0 gil
Shilah Balga's Dais 10 - 13 gil
Boncort Waughroon Shrine 10 - 13 gil
Croumangue Giddeus 10 - 13 gil

etc...

I never knew there were vendors there >.>
There have been problems with zone ID's lately, I'm sure it affects NPC locations as well.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-04-19 10:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i think we need a virus removal sticky in the Tech Support
so that when people have problems with virus on there computer we can have the questions/problem topics moved
to the tech support forum then we can help them there or use the url from the sticky to bring them to the sticky in the tech forum.

like i just said to a mod,the virus removal sticky can even be done by one of the normal people in this forum if someone wants 2.

edit

the only things that are important about this idea are
1: the topic needs to be updated,this can mean any of the following
removing info from the topic adding new info in its place keeping it updated,or even after so much time all together work on making a new one then replace it in the spot of the old one.

edit

please if anyone has any ideas to help make this better say it here,also if the idea helps i will add it to this post the more info and the more brain power we put in to this idea the more likely it will get done/see the light of day.

edit

i have a second forum tweak,it is not so much on the forum but in the report system,keep in mind this is just a idea,i have seen on some other sites that in there report system they have a misplaced thread option,like u can report a thread as that and it will then give a notice to the admins/mods or anyone that has the right level of power like it all ready dose with any other report then the team or someone working/acting for the team aka a mod will pick where the best new home for the topic to be moved 2 is.

ground rules for this should be,again like it is up to the one who handles the report they say if it should be moved to what ever forum or sub forum or stay where it is.

but people who report a topic that is not misplaced and is in the right forum could get for example a warning or something like that for abusing the the system if they do.

this is fully up to the staff of this site but u can make it that a misplaced thread is likely not a rule breaker when someone gets reported 4 that,again like i said before really the only time this would break a rule i think is if someone abused the report system.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
Server: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2012-04-20 15:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Added a few things today.

H1

H2

H3

______    ______    _____     __       _____     ______  
 /_____//  /_   _//  /  ___||  | ||     |  ___||  /_   _// 
 `____ `    -| ||-  | // __    | ||     | ||__    `-| |,-  
 /___//     _| ||_  | \\_\ ||  | ||__   | ||__      | ||   
 `__ `     /_____//  \____//   |____//  |_____||    |_||   
 /_//      `-----`    `---`    `----`   `-----`     `-`'   
 `-`                                                       

http://soundcloud.com/matas/hobnotropic

Will try to get to more stuff when I can.
Code
Added a few things today.

[h1]H1[/h1]
[h2]H2[/h2]
[h3]H3[/h3]

[figlet]Figlet[/figlet]

[spoiler="Custom spoiler!"][h1]Yay[/h1][/spoiler]

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/matas/hobnotropic[/soundcloud]

Will try to get to more stuff when I can.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2012-04-20 15:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

_____    _____     ____       ___      _____     _____   ,
  / ___//  / ____||  |  _ \\    / _ \\   /  ___||  /  ___||  
  \___ \\ / //---`'  | |_| ||  / //\ \\ | // __   | // __    
  /    // \ \\___    | .  //  |  ___  ||| \\_\ || | \\_\ ||  
 /____//   \_____||  |_|\_\\  |_||  |_|| \____//   \____//   
`-----`     `----`   `-` --`  `-`   `-`   `---`     `---`    

__   __     ___     _    _        ___      ____      _____        ___    
 \ \\/ //   / _ \\  | || | ||     / _ \\   |  _ \\   |  ___||     / _ \\  
  \ ` //   | / \ || | || | ||    / //\ \\  | |_| ||  | ||__      / //\ \\ 
   | ||    | \_/ || | \\_/ ||   |  ___  || | .  //   | ||__     |  ___  ||
   |_||     \___//   \____//    |_||  |_|| |_|\_\\   |_____||   |_||  |_||
   `-`'     `---`     `---`     `-`   `-`  `-` --`   `-----`    `-`   `-` 

_____     ___      ______    _  _     ______  .
  / ___//   / _ \\   /_   _//  | \| ||  /_   _//  
  \___ \\  / //\ \\   -| ||-   |  ' ||  `-| |,-   
  /    // |  ___  ||  _| ||_   | .  ||    | ||    
 /____//  |_||  |_|| /_____//  |_|\_||    |_||    
`-----`   `-`   `-`  `-----`   `-` -`     `-`'    

[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-04-20 15:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

a voidwatch checklist would be nifty :3
similar to the whole abyssea KI checklist
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-20 15:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said: »
Scragg, you are my hero
ftfy :D
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-04-20 15:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Scraggalicious!
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-20 15:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

the soundcloud tag is going to be so great for this site :x can't wait to use it

will be nice to break way from youtube tags once in awhile :D
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-20 15:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said: »
Quick note:

If you don't enter the end bracket for figlet it doesn't work.

[figlet]like this.
I think that's best, if you had a long post with figlet at the top and hit post...

omg wall of figlet-text @.@!!!!!!!!!
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-20 15:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't read the figlet. :x
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop