Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-02-24 18:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Get both, both are situationally better than the other.
Your avatar is in serious need a of a slap.. maybe 2.
I don't get it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-02-24 19:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
I kind of shed tears when I see any mythic that isn't a Ryu :(

Not really sure where this misconception comes from, but a Ryu DRG still isn't the top of any food chain outside of Abyssea. Conquerer WAR will stomp the former into the ground in any situation where AM3 is reasonable.

Sounds like an exaggeration. I believe at 90 cap Ryu DRG came really close/ahead of Ukon WAR inside and out of abyssea.. So by "stomping into the ground" you mean winning parse by 1~3% Tops Pure DD wise. It's very close. Also take into account shortened jump timers.

I love WAR but if you honestly believe it would outparse a DRG Mythic VS Mythic by a landslide. I would have to say you are very wrong. I'd expect both to come very close within each-other.

I can tell this thread is about to go south though.

Now if only this were based on anything more than feelings we'd be on to something.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-02-24 20:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep it cool, guys. Don't let this fall into another heated argument about numbers and semantics and... girls needing to be slapped.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-02-24 20:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no semantic issue. He's asserting something (false) based on the heart of the cards.
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
Server: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2012-02-24 20:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Have never really cared for Drg or War, their play just never really suited me, but if I was to ever make a mythic its koga all the way or maybe even Carnwenhan to make Daurdabla99 easier to maintain. Besides everyone knows Mordant Rime is the best WS ever.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-24 20:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no semantic issue. He's asserting something (false) based on the heart of the cards.

Show me some data based on actual proof. Don't give me this heart of the cards crap. If anything you are just as guilty sounding opinionated. Conquerer is no joke, I agree on that. A landslide would be out parsing another DD by over 10% or more.

I wasn't making a statement based on feelings. It's honestly tough being civil with somebody who acts like he has a chip on his shoulder.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-02-24 20:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Decimus said: »
Can't most of these questions be answered using the test server? You can personally test spharai vs. vere with your own gear in almost any situation you want.

And what is it that you're going to test? The data for both weapons is recorded, and you have nothing to learn from punching things on the test server to see which feels stronger.

Pretty sure that he was asking that because the thread started with:

Leviathan.Mnkk said: »
Would a 90 Vere using optimal VS ws gear out parse a 99 Spharai using optimal SS ws gear. Would there be a land slide victory to either weapon(Counters included).

So the answer would be "yes." The answer would also be "yes" if Decimus had said "Can't most of these questions be answered using some spreadsheet floating around somewhere?"

And, rather than just saying that the data for these weapons is recorded, you could really just say what that is. Because either everyone who's said anything in this thread is just trolling, or, we all don't know.

And another thing: This isn't a job, it is a game. There would be absolutely nothing wrong with anyone saying, "I understand that that X is better, but I really like Y." Meaning there would be something to gain from fooling around on the test server with both.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-02-24 20:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG suffers greatly from its attack deficiency in any situation where pDIF advantages aren't blurry. That's in general. Drakesbane has an attack penalty in addition to this. We're also talking about AM3-friendly situations devaluing jumps, which are otherwise extremely advantageous to DRG TP gain.

Warrior is a stronger job than dragoon.

Upheaval is a stronger weapon skill than Drakesbane.

Conqueror augments warrior's advantages, advantages that remain such in situations that bring out the best in mythic aftermath.

Ryunohige augments dragoon's advantages, advantages that are devalued in situations that bring out the best in mythic aftermath.

It would be pretty blatant non-sequitur to say that Ryunohige is better than Conqueror. The only data necessary is minor knowledge of precedent facts.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-24 20:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh by the way thanks Nightfyre. Just seen your post. it's good having somebody who knows what they are talking about tossing their 2 cents in. The fact they do it in a polite manner is even better.

The attack penalty on Drakesbane is unfortunate but with Stardiver/Angon once in awhile the crit rate on Drakesbane should make up for it slightly no? Compared to what some newer weaponskills originally suffered, Drakesbane can actually crit.

I also completely forgot how good Koga would be at 99. I'm not too much of a SAM person. Liberator also seems fairly good as well. I haven't really seen Kirschy around (Quit?).

Back to MNK talk though I would make 99 Vere> 99 Spharai if it ever came down to that.
 Leviathan.Mnkk
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Mnkk 2012-02-24 21:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for your guys input. I appreciate the feed back guys. Thank you.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-02-24 21:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

He echoed what I said, yet he knows what he's talking about and I don't. lol

You clearly don't care to admit it, but your statement was based on neither logical precedent nor mathematical fact. Feelings.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-24 21:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG suffers greatly from its attack deficiency in any situation where pDIF advantages aren't blurry. That's in general. Drakesbane has an attack penalty in addition to this. We're also talking about AM3-friendly situations devaluing jumps, which are otherwise extremely advantageous to DRG TP gain.

Warrior is a stronger job than dragoon.

Upheaval is a stronger weapon skill than Drakesbane.

Conqueror augments warrior's advantages, advantages that remain such in situations that bring out the best in mythic aftermath.

Ryunohige augments dragoon's advantages, advantages that are devalued in situations that bring out the best in mythic aftermath.

It would be pretty blatant non-sequitur to say that Ryunohige is better than Conqueror. The only data necessary is minor knowledge of precedent facts.

So where was this one page ago when you made your intentions to clearly be less then civil? Also both jobs with Mythics would be cream of the crop honestly. Compared to other options even 99 Empyreans and relics would you still say DRG wouldn't be near the top of the food chain with a Mythic? Just listing one job better then <insert job here> doesn't seem like enough to be honest. Also really get this feelings crap out of here. If I cared to bring feelings into this I would say something like "Die in a fire and castrate yourself DRG is t3h b35t35t!!!!1111"

I am at least looking for math and valid opinions. I clearly can't read into your mind and know what you know unless you made the effort to say something earlier.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-02-24 21:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No, DRG still wouldn't come out on top. As a rule, it's unlikely that anyone with Berserk is ever going to come second to DRG in a vacuum. Well, unless Impetus gets nerfed.

And feelings don't need to pertain to emotions. You can have a feeling about something as straight forward as this. You can feel as if DRG Mythic is something extraordinary compared to its alternatives, and be wrong about that feeling.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-02-24 21:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter if he intended to be civil. You were wrong.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-24 21:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG is just one of those jobs that people get super emotional about. I think it's the cute dragon. If it were a crab or a sheep, no one would care.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-02-24 21:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless, my apologies. I'm glad Nightfyre and I were able to explain it to you in a way that made it clear.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-02-24 21:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
DRG is just one of those jobs that people get super emotional about. I think it's the cute dragon. If it were a crab or a sheep, no one would care.

While I agree, I think this particular case has a lot more to do with some odd misconception that Ryunohige DRG is a god amongst men.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-02-24 21:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So mnk should use mythic GA instead of mythic polearm
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-24 21:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »

So what? Does it make you feel good to try and be some internet tough guys without having common courtesy is that it? You honestly have a crap ton of your time on your hands to escalate this from one sentence that was meant half heartedly. Also the main point of job forums is debate. So even if I was wrong in the end it isn't a "Be a douche bag for free card". I honestly question your own integrity.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-02-24 21:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Psst. That's not me.

Regardless, my apologies. I'm glad Nightfyre and I were able to explain it to you in a way that made it clear.

This is me.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-24 21:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said: »
So mnk should use mythic GA instead of mythic polearm

Thread won. Victory: Mtmoogle.

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »

So what? Does it make you feel good to try and be some internet tough guys without having common courtesy is that it? You honestly have a crap ton of your time on your hands to escalate this from one sentence that was meant half heartedly. Also the main point of job forums is debate. So even if I was wrong in the end it isn't a "Be a douche bag for free card". I honestly question your own integrity.

People on these forums are constantly tossing around wrong ideas and misinformation. It becomes grating extremely fast, at least partially because of confirmation bias. When people see wrong information that suits them, or makes them feel better, or makes them ...whatever...they champion it as if it's accurate and go around misleading people. >:|

That said, people need to stop assuming that "You're wrong" = being a douche.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-02-24 21:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't sense any amount of immature or uncivil attitude from either Jinjo or Minjo.

People need to chill out and stop getting defensive as hell whenever they talk.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-02-24 21:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Look, it's getting pretty tiring seeing the same people fighting over the same things in different threads--pointing out someone's arrogance, ignorance, misinformation, level of civility, hairstyle--it doesn't help the thread any, and it certainly doesn't earn you guys any points if you reply to each other.

I'm sorry to have to bring this up in this thread, but all of you guys involved in this little spat need to know when to stop.

Seeing as the OP is satisfied with the more informative replies, I'm closing this thread.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-02-24 21:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Minjo and Jinjo aren't the same person.
 Ragnarok.Anye