Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » 90Vere Victory smite, vs Spharai 99 SS
90Vere Victory smite, vs Spharai 99 SS
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Mnkk
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Mnkk 2012-02-24 16:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Would a 90 Vere using optimal VS ws gear out parse a 99 Spharai using optimal SS ws gear. Would there be a land slide victory to either weapon(Counters included).
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-24 16:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You're gonna be spending about the same amount to get 90 Vere to 99 as to making a Sphrai anyway (Assuming you don't buy Marrows), so 99 vs 99 is probably the best comparison.
 Leviathan.Mnkk
By Leviathan.Mnkk 2012-02-24 16:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 450 plates atm and its cost me about 65M, i don't think i can finish a 99 vere in a reasonable time. >.>
 Shiva.Schatzie
Server: Shiva
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-24 16:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/27811/vere-vs-spharai/

these threads pop up a lot.
[+]
 Leviathan.Mnkk
By Leviathan.Mnkk 2012-02-24 16:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats all we have to discuss for the most part. ; ;
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-24 16:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Mnkk said: »
I have 450 plates atm and its cost me about 65M, i don't think i can finish a 99 vere in a reasonable time. >.>
Then don't bother with a relic. They're of comparable price.

Actually, how much are you paying for plates? 150k each it looks like. That'll cost you 225 million, which is way more than a relic right now. I think you need to buy lower if you continue.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-24 16:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Then don't bother with a relic. They're of comparable price.

I don't see the QQ about plates when people grind Dyna for currency for a relic. Just sell the currency and buy plates. They are comparable price wise like it was stated above.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-02-24 16:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you consider optimal gear for each weaponskill? Do you have that? Can you get it? What's wrong with having a 95 for a while, anyway? What's wrong with having a 99 that may not be the absolute ideal? Why don't you just build Glanzfaust?
 Leviathan.Mnkk
By Leviathan.Mnkk 2012-02-24 16:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Im trying to figure out if 7DMG and 5STR is equal to 20% WS dmg increase. Seeing how 7DMG is 20% of my current 35DMG weapon.

And i have done shouts for HMP 100k, trust me... they dont sell frequent enough to get a 95 Emp done in a month. You would have to pay 125-140k a plate if you wanted to get it all done in about 2 weeks(assuming you had all the gil needed to start off with.)
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-24 16:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Im trying to figure out if 7DMG and 5STR is equal to 20% WS dmg increase. Seeing how 7DMG is 20% of my current 35DMG weapon.

And i have done shouts for HMP 100k, trust me... they dont sell frequent enough to get a 95 Emp done in a month. You would have to pay 125-140k a plate if you wanted to get it all done in about 2 weeks(assuming you had all the gil needed to start off with.)

Go on VW runs where they are common and buy Direct, Pil, Quilin, etc.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-02-24 16:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What happens in a month (or 2 weeks) that makes you want this so bad? You're definitely not going to finish a relic that fast - well, maybe a month, but not 2 weeks.
 Leviathan.Mnkk
By Leviathan.Mnkk 2012-02-24 16:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
What do you consider optimal gear for each weaponskill? Do you have that? Can you get it? What's wrong with having a 95 for a while, anyway? What's wrong with having a 99 that may not be the absolute ideal? Why don't you just build Glanzfaust?

Even if i had the 30,000 Alexander, getting a mythic even from that point takes a long *** time. I dont have time to do that any more.
It has to be either relic or Vere 99.
 Leviathan.Mnkk
By Leviathan.Mnkk 2012-02-24 16:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Go on VW runs where they are common and buy Direct, Pil, Quilin, etc.[/quote]
That is something i do occasionally and it does work out a little better. But im hard pressed on time these days. Like right now... i got to go to work.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-24 16:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Supply and demand. Your demand is higher than the supply, and thus you're willing to pay more... but it's your own fault if you can't afford to maintain that price.
 Shiva.Schatzie
Server: Shiva
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-24 16:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

it isnt, final heaven has always sucked, and never will get better.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-02-24 16:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't have the funding to get 95 and 99 vereth, you're not going to get 99 spharai
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-02-24 16:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just going to build both, I'll let you know in 2-3 years
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-24 17:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I kind of shed tears when I see any mythic that isn't a Ryu :(
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-02-24 17:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

I'll make you cry if I ever win the bonanza! aymur all the way
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-02-24 17:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
I'm just going to build both, I'll let you know in 2-3 years

Even though (I think) you mean this in a joking way, to me, this is the only real way to get an absolute answer to the question. Nobody but you knows exactly how you play, the people you play with, how they're geared and how they play, as well as what you fight.

Of course, when the question is one or the other, you can't do this, and that's discouraging. It shouldn't be.

You're not a bad player, a bad person, and you didn't make a moronic decision, if you choose any of them. (I think.)

I was going to come in with even more silly questions, but really, here's a serious one for the OP:

Compare how much you like your Vere with how much you think you'll like Spharai. Which one wins?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-02-24 17:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Get both, both are situationally better than the other.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-02-24 17:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

nah, I was serious.

but I play the RL card like a mf'er. Dad > husband > work > monk in ffxi. so even though I am working on both, it will be many, many moons before I'm ever done
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-02-24 17:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't most of these questions be answered using the test server? You can personally test spharai vs. vere with your own gear in almost any situation you want.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-02-24 17:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

nah, I was serious.

but I play the RL card like a mf'er. Dad > husband > work > monk in ffxi. so even though I am working on both, it will be many, many moons before I'm ever done

Oh, nice - that's rad as hell. Best of luck!
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2012-02-24 17:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
nah, I was serious. but I play the RL card like a mf'er. Dad > husband > work > monk in ffxi. so even though I am working on both, it will be many, many moons before I'm ever done
Oh, nice - that's rad as hell. Best of luck!

thanks, I'll need it!

just finished stage 2, and only have 13 jadeshells. farming the whole thing. my duo buddeh is building guttler, I'm kinda jelly
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-02-24 17:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Decimus said: »
Can't most of these questions be answered using the test server? You can personally test spharai vs. vere with your own gear in almost any situation you want.

And what is it that you're going to test? The data for both weapons is recorded, and you have nothing to learn from punching things on the test server to see which feels stronger.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-02-24 17:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really sure where this misconception comes from, but a Ryu DRG still isn't the top of any food chain outside of Abyssea. Conquerer WAR will stomp the former into the ground in any situation where AM3 is reasonable.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-24 17:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »

Not really sure where this misconception comes from, but a Ryu DRG still isn't the top of any food chain outside of Abyssea. Conquerer WAR will stomp the former into the ground in any situation where AM3 is reasonable.

Sounds like an exaggeration. I believe at 90 cap Ryu DRG came really close/ahead of Ukon WAR inside and out of abyssea.. So by "stomping into the ground" you mean winning parse by 1~3% Tops Pure DD wise. It's very close. Also take into account shortened jump timers.

I love WAR but if you honestly believe it would outparse a DRG Mythic VS Mythic by a landslide. I would have to say you are very wrong. I'd expect both to come very close within each-other.

I can tell this thread is about to go south though.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2012-02-24 18:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Get both, both are situationally better than the other.
Your avatar is in serious need a of a slap.. maybe 2.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-24 18:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »

Sounds like an exaggeration. I believe at 90 cap Ryu DRG came really close/ahead of Ukon WAR inside and out of abyssea.. So by "stomping into the ground" you mean winning parse by 1~3% Tops Pure DD wise. It's very close. Also take into account shortened jump timers.

I love WAR but if you honestly believe it would outparse a DRG Mythic VS Mythic by a landslide. I would have to say you are very wrong. I'd expect both to come very close within each-other.

I can tell this thread is about to go south though.
That was before we fully understood the attack penalty on Drakesbane and iirc assumed minimal or nonexistent gains from Retaliation. DRG has gained improved Jump timers (really not that significant for a Ryuno DRG) and slightly better Drakesbane damage. WAR has gained Upheaval, which is even better than Ukko's unless you're working with buffed critrate, and would be using a completely different and superior weapon (in the situation initially presented, ie one where you're constantly engaged and can maximize AM3 benefit) to the one used in the original comparison. OA2-3 with a good 5-hit doesn't *** around.

If you're retaliating a lot or can't maximize gains from AM3 then other weapons come into play.

EDIT: Also, let's not forget Kogarasumaru.
[+]
First Page 2