Dynamis FAQ
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-07 11:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
Also, I'm sure its your opinion but magic proc isn't as bad as you described. A Blu + WHM/RDM combination can dish out a lot of lowbie-mp-costing magic to proc.

And WS proc are worth it if you have multiple mobs pulled, simply switch targets, TP on something else and WS on whats not proced yet.
What are your numbers on currency while farming as BLU?

That assumes that you don't have *** pulling your procced mobs. While not as bad as JA, it still happens. I have a hard time advocating anything that means mobs turn white. In a duo/trio you can tag mobs to keep them claimed. Solo I wouldn't do it. I already mentioned that I was going to expand on WS procs, so bare with me.
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2012-02-07 11:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So one question because im either blind or skimming to fast. How is a white proc obtained?
 Phoenix.Elspetta
Server: Phoenix
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-02-07 11:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Also, I'm sure its your opinion but magic proc isn't as bad as you described. A Blu + WHM/RDM combination can dish out a lot of lowbie-mp-costing magic to proc.

I have tried the magic proc method, thinking it would alleviate the competition. I have gone rdm/dnc and brd/dnc, with my BF on blu. Every time we try, we waste so much time trying to proc by spamming dia, threnodies, w/e blu spells he uses. We managed to proc 2 mobs during 1/2 of the ma stagger time frame.

It may be just opinion, but I think it is the opinion of the majority that ma staggers are just too inconsistent to make it worthwhile. I would definitely switch if I could net the same kind of currency as a ja stagger run.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-07 11:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said: »
So one question because im either blind or skimming to fast. How is a white proc obtained?
It has a 1% chance of replacing your normal proc.

Edit: Added to the how to get a white proc. I ended my sentence earlier than I meant to.
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2012-02-07 11:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh cool beans. :) And that can occur on any mob eh.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-02-07 11:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Odin.Lowblow said: »
It has a 1% chance of replacing your normal proc. Edit: Added to the how to get a white proc. I ended my sentence earlier than I meant to.
It can only happen in Dreamlands with your subjob locked.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-02-07 11:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

And WS proc are worth it if you have multiple mobs pulled, simply switch targets, TP on something else and WS on whats not proced yet.

That assumes that you don't have *** pulling your procced mobs. While not as bad as JA, it still happens. I have a hard time advocating anything that means mobs turn white. In a duo/trio you can tag mobs to keep them claimed. Solo I wouldn't do it. I already mentioned that I was going to expand on WS procs, so bare with me.

Urgg, it wasn't my intention to make it seem that magic proc > was better than anything else. Was simply saying that magic procing isn't as bad as you described. I definitely don't recommend focusing on that 100% but if the situation presents itself, I wouldn't ignore the possibility of procing magic if its there. Anyway, carry on...
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-07 11:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand that. I was simply asking for some currency numbers. The usual reports are like the one above about it being a waste of time.
By Schwertzauberer 2012-02-07 11:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Krizz, Getting more info on what to expect in terms of yield and and individual mileage in certain zones is most helpful.
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
Server: Shiva
user: Durtie
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2012-02-07 11:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Q. How do procs work?
Your proc color, excluding white, is dependent on how many TEs you kill. You should always kill all 5 TEs. This guarantees you at least one currency per proc, and freezes the mob for a short period of time.

Procs are also dependent on in game time. Each mob has a JA, WS, and magic window. This varies on mob/zone, though you will typically find that 2-3 mob families will share the same cycle.

Magic procs have a ridiculously low chance (supposedly 5%), and are never worth it. WS procs generally aren't worth it due to having to build TP to proc. Also, they nerfed AoE WS procs a while back so you have a much lower chance of proccing mobs you are not targeting. JA procs are the best method of proccing.

I know you mentioned it varies on mob/zone, but I think it needs to be emphasized that the ingame time is related to Dreamworld zones only. Also, I'm sure its your opinion but magic proc isn't as bad as you described. A Blu + WHM/RDM combination can dish out a lot of lowbie-mp-costing magic to proc. And WS proc are worth it if you have multiple mobs pulled, simply switch targets, TP on something else and WS on whats not proced yet.
I go smn/sch or sam/dnc when I farm dynamis solo/or more and get magic procs just as easy with that combination as smn/dnc as i do with sam/dnc when procing JA/WS. I do it all the time and invitingly, you should get a responsible well geared smn/sch to go with you (to cover magic beastmen and/or proc MA-Time mobs) and see the full potential of a complete new dynamis experience.

I think we can agree that no matter what the party set-up is in Dynamis 2 or more have better drop potential than any job solo. So the drop rate for soloing with sam/dnc is virtually the same as smn/sch. To keep from digressing from the point, if your having a 5%-10% proc rate with MA-time or mage beastmen, your doing it very wrong.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-07 11:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen two magic procs personally. One was a random proc on a NM while I was debuffing it. The other was dia spam. If it doesn't proc within 60 seconds, it's not worth it compared to JA or WS.

What do you use to proc with on SMN?
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-07 11:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

AoE ws work better. if you pull 4-5 mobs just use cyclone or something. circle blade works but you can miss. you almost always proc 1. then tp his *** and ws again.

just keep track of which you proc. normally i try to proc before i kill.

Edit: Sorry forgot to add how many i average. normally within 150+. sometimes 200+ because a lot of ppl try to go to JA camps. leaves more mobs for ws.

oh and if your going pld and dont have dagger skilled and have resolution you can always do GS shockwave (chance to miss) and kill with resolution. i do that on drk.
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2012-02-07 11:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen two magic procs personally. One was a random proc on a NM while I was debuffing it. The other was dia spam. If it doesn't proc within 60 seconds, it's not worth it compared to JA or WS.

What do you use to proc with on SMN?

As mage, i never use Dot spells in dynamis. NEVER have never will and I'd never advise it. The key to dynamis is everything sleeps. This is important to remember esp. for mag beastmen. Case and point sleeping an mob can save alot of headache and provide a long enough window to recover and get back in the game.

That being said I hate giving up my secrets but this mage in dynamis is a real problem for alot of people so here's my method.

This is my opinion, but I think the less magic spell your job have the better.

With Smn/sch i only use BP(any bp that hits the target) dispel, aspir, drain, sleep, repeat. Thats it. Gear is imp for prep. cost reasons of course so those who cant use /sch and get 2-tic with weather effect should stick to diabolos or fenrir. Fenrir is stronger than diabolos, but dies quicker. *during stagger you have plenty of time to dismiss and summon a stronger pet for kills* Its a little rough and strange at 1st attempt but once you get the timing it never fails.

Hope this helps
 Fenrir.Hanabira
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-02-07 11:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

i thought they horribly nerfed AE procs
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-07 11:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Hanabira said: »
i thought they horribly nerfed AE procs
They did, but if you pull enough mobs you will still proc them at a decent rate. Nowhere near the old rate, but it's still an option.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-07 11:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really not. Pulling multiple and spamming individual procs is a decent quasi-AoE option, but it carries the risk of people taking your mobs.
 Fenrir.Hanabira
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-02-07 11:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

theres never really a soul in sight in a camp during WS proc. but i cant see anyone other than a aegis/ochain pld doing that with a bunch of mobs. my dnc gets downed with about 4 EPs without healer
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-07 12:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a PLD on Bahamut that goes in with a WHM mule, and AoE spams for WS procs. I watched him for a bit one day, and he got real conservative with what he was leaving white and procced. I think he thought I was going to steal them. After a bit he went back to freely spamming AoEs when less than two were procced.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-07 12:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

idk didnt know aoe got nerfed. still works fine for me. you can always target a non-procced mob when u start the aoe. that might help. ive never had an issue with it. but i wish i did it back when it wasnt nerfed >.>
 Fenrir.Hanabira
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-02-07 12:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

need to try that, as well as sam/dnc quint spear, or perhaps OAT2-4/merc kris thf.. OAT2-4/twash dnc. too bad i dont have either 2-4 or merc kris
 Phoenix.Elspetta
Server: Phoenix
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-02-07 12:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Durtiesweat said: »
With Smn/sch i only use BP(any bp that hits the target) dispel, aspir, drain, sleep, repeat. Thats it. Gear is imp for prep. cost reasons of course so those who cant use /sch and get 2-tic with weather effect should stick to diabolos or fenrir.

Out of curiosity, how many BPs does it take before you proc? The reason I ask, is that I have smn for an option. I have procced 1 mob with BP before. My biggest concern is that BP's, even with all -delay gear, is still once every 45 sec. In that time, I can quickstep 3x and VF 2x. So I have 5 chances to proc within the same time frame.

I'm not saying it doesn't work, I'm just curious because it doesn't appear to be that efficient. I don't solo in dyna, I always duo or trio. I typically thf/dnc. My job is to pull, proc, move on. Being on a mob for that long seems counterproductive to our goals. There are times when we get tricky "FU I'm not going to stagger" mobs, but since my partners also go /dnc, they can either go pull more or help me proc when needed.

Sorry, like I said, not trying to say your methods do not work, just trying to wrap my brain around it.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-07 12:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
idk didnt know aoe got nerfed. still works fine for me. you can always target a non-procced mob when u start the aoe. that might help. ive never had an issue with it. but i wish i did it back when it wasnt nerfed >.>

They didn't remove the AOE proc, they just nerfed the probability of proc'ing on the "non-target mob" (how it was explained to me anyhow).

For example: Before you could take dipper yuly or sheepy sheep and use the conal spiral dive or sheep song and have 30% chance to stagger all the mobs in the aoe, whereas now there is 30% on main target and (pulling number out of thin air - dont hold me to it) 15% on the other mobs.

I still think it would be fun to cleave dynamis for currency and doing exp trials :3
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-07 12:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

They didn't remove the AOE proc, they just nerfed the probability of proc'ing on the "non-target mob" (how it was explained to me anyhow).

For example: Before you could take dipper yuly or sheepy sheep and use the conal spiral dive or sheep song and have 30% chance to stagger all the mobs in the aoe, whereas now there is 30% on main target and (pulling number out of thin air - dont hold me to it) 15% on the other mobs.

I still think it would be fun to cleave dynamis for currency and doing exp trials :3

ya i do it on drk and war from time. but sometimes you might kill the mob before you proc. but still fun.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2012-02-07 12:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I just thought that I should add that though farming currency is popular and this thread is primarily directed at that, the chances of getting a 100 rises exponentially off of force-popped NM's. During a run, building an Arch Boss set ( popping 4 NM's for tomes ) We avg 1 100 out of each set. So, 1/4 will probably drop a 100.

You can proc force-popped NM's. The only exception is zone boss and Arch bosses.

You can low man (4-6) some Arch boss sets. Dreamland Arch sets aren't low mannable, though some of the Tome NM's are. Sandy and Jeuno Arch sets would be difficult to low man because of congestion (adds) and Sandy NM's will all charm a group that can't pwn it in under a couple minutes. On a side note, I think force popped NM's in Jeuno have a higher drop rate of 100's. I have never built an Arch set in Jeuno and not seen at least 2 100's drop.

Out of all the zones to farm force popped NM's, I would say the glacier is the easiest. Though the TE's are spread out, the ??? spawn points aren't. Farming force-popped NM's in windy will assure you of at least 1 100 as well, though, tbh, a couple of them are pretty tough for low man groups. Particulary the Smn and Rdm. It's funny, but most of the Arch bosses are easier to kill than farming the sets.

Anyways, just wanted to put this out there for anyone interested in that
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-07 12:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said: »
I just thought that I should add that though farming currency is popular and this thread is primarily directed at that, the chances of getting a 100 rises exponentially off of force-popped NM's. During a run, building an Arch Boss set ( popping 4 NM's for tomes ) We avg 1 100 out of each set. So, 1/4 will probably drop a 100.

You can proc force-popped NM's. The only exception is zone boss and Arch bosses.

You can low man (4-6) some Arch boss sets. Dreamland Arch sets aren't low mannable, though some of the Tome NM's are. Sandy and Jeuno Arch sets would be difficult to low man because of congestion (adds) and Sandy NM's will all charm a group that can't pwn it in under a couple minutes. On a side note, I think force popped NM's in Jeuno have a higher drop rate of 100's. I have never built an Arch set in Jeuno and not seen at least 2 100's drop.

Out of all the zones to farm force popped NM's, I would say the glacier is the easiest. Though the TE's are spread out, the ??? spawn points aren't. Farming force-popped NM's in windy will assure you of at least 1 100 as well, though, tbh, a couple of them are pretty tough for low man groups. Particulary the Smn and Rdm. It's funny, but most of the Arch bosses are easier to kill than farming the sets.

guess thats good incentive you start farming ADL pops xD was actually thinking of doing this and selling the pop. but idk if there are any groups going to do ADL on my server.
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2012-02-07 12:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Elspetta said: »
Shiva.Durtiesweat said: »
With Smn/sch i only use BP(any bp that hits the target) dispel, aspir, drain, sleep, repeat. Thats it. Gear is imp for prep. cost reasons of course so those who cant use /sch and get 2-tic with weather effect should stick to diabolos or fenrir.

Out of curiosity, how many BPs does it take before you proc? The reason I ask, is that I have smn for an option. I have procced 1 mob with BP before. My biggest concern is that BP's, even with all -delay gear, is still once every 45 sec. In that time, I can quickstep 3x and VF 2x. So I have 5 chances to proc within the same time frame.

I'm not saying it doesn't work, I'm just curious because it doesn't appear to be that efficient. I don't solo in dyna, I always duo or trio. I typically thf/dnc. My job is to pull, proc, move on. Being on a mob for that long seems counterproductive to our goals. There are times when we get tricky "FU I'm not going to stagger" mobs, but since my partners also go /dnc, they can either go pull more or help me proc when needed.

Sorry, like I said, not trying to say your methods do not work, just trying to wrap my brain around it.

Sometimes all the time, but i use dispel, aspir, drain and sleep in between bp's. There have been times where i spam these spells for minutes getting no proc and when i bprage to end it and move on... pow it procs... other times ive proced on 1 bp off the bat, its still random. All i can say is it works for me everytime. Not alot of people covet smn like i do so i zeal to make it work.
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2012-02-07 12:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said: »

guess thats good incentive you start farming ADL pops xD was actually thinking of doing this and selling the pop. but idk if there are any groups going to do ADL on my server.
All of the force popped NM's in Xacarbard are low-mannable with the exception of 1. The Ninja. He will 2 hr if not killed fast. Other than that, they're all pretty easy. Oh, on the SMN/Pld NM, you need a pro Rdm/Blm. It's required and can't be beaten without 1. The fight's a grind as it is with the NM doing invincible multiple times, but that rdm better be on top of that avatar. First miscue and it's a wipe. Macro stun, sleep. then overwrite the sleep with sleep II. Do this when avatar wakes. Your Rdm will have no more than 2 seconds before it goes boom.
 Fenrir.Hanabira
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-02-07 13:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm fell cleave in a full -pdt set +phalanx on WS mobs dosent sound half bad, provided the proc rate isnt like 5-10% on non-target mobs. my question is if TH would land on mobs you arent directly targeting
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-07 13:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Hanabira said: »
hmm fell cleave in a full -pdt set +phalanx on WS mobs dosent sound half bad, provided the proc rate isnt like 5-10% on non-target mobs. my question is if TH would land on mobs you arent directly targeting
That's a very good question, but if you switch to a procced mob for building TP, you should end up with TH on your procced mobs.

(I know nothing about fell cleaves, so I don't know how much time you would have before everything died.)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-07 13:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

THFs used to sub BLM to land TH on multiple mobs at once in old Dyna. Certainly not evidence that it works but it seemed effective enough.