New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » New SCH! T_T
New SCH! T_T
By Latifah 2012-02-06 17:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Pebe said: »
For the person who said Hyorin obi is greater than oneiros sash for helixes, I would just like to point out that Helixes automatically get the weather bonus regardless of whether or not you are wearing an obi.
i just wanted to clarify again that scholars should stick to obis instead int belts for nuking, apparently nobody got the memo @ 2012, because 90% of the scholars are super lazy and think they can replace a obi for a int belt giving us scholar a bad reputation
[+]
 Sylph.Katalsar
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2012-02-06 18:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

@Latifah

You directed your comment towards me..Which I directed my comment towards my Helices set advice. So in other words you were stating that comment towards helices. Maybe you should clarify your own comment set before you reply to someone comment. And yes towards nuking of course Obi/Twilight.But dude Oneiros Sash/Any High INT belt > Obi w/ Helices...
 Phoenix.Eckeward
Server: Phoenix
user: eckeward
By Phoenix.Eckeward 2012-02-07 17:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Thanks alot guys! :), another few silly questions, so for helix's, should I be using twilight cape for its "Enhance Bonus" effect, and can anyone show me a dark set (are scholar's gown/slacks even good?), and best merits are? ^^ ty again ~

I believe twilight cape does effect helices, but I don't have any evidence.

For merit group 1; I went for 5/5 in Modus Veritas Duration and Helix Magic Acc./Atk.
Group 2 is less useful, I'm 5/5 Stormsurge and used to be 5/5 Enlightenment, but I'm thinking that the dark magic accuracy stratagem might be useful for Tabula Rasa when you have infinite charges anyway.

Scholar's Gown gives +15 Dark skill and othe black magic skills.
Scholar's Pants give +15 white magic skills.

I can't help you with a dark skill set, in fact I only have 4 equipment sets, namely:
-Refresh/Sublimation(Idle)
-Curing
-Enhancing
-Nuking
I think they're most important.(maybe enfeebling and I never get a chance to use helices)
By Tandava 2012-02-10 11:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Thanks alot guys! :), another few silly questions, so for helix's, should I be using twilight cape for its "Enhance Bonus" effect, and can anyone show me a dark set (are scholar's gown/slacks even good?), and best merits are? ^^ ty again ~

I personally use Scholar gown and pants for enfeebling/divine/dark magic sets (and sometimes elemental when I'm having problems with resists). +15 in a magic skill is great for pieces that are free because magic skill is the most reliable/consistent way to prevent resists. However, pieces with INT and MAB are typically a much better choice when your concern is potency/damage. While INT also raises magic accuracy it has diminishing returns after a certain point whereas +magic skill does not.

So in a nutshell, if I want to make sure a spell lands (e.g. sleepga, stun, etc.) I slap on gear with as much corresponding +magic skill as I can, and then fill in the rest of the pieces with INT and MACC.

Hope that helps.
 Fenrir.Alvaros
Server: Fenrir
user: Alvaros
By Fenrir.Alvaros 2012-02-17 14:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I have also started SCH. I've been reading this thread and have found it very helpful, but i have a couple of questions still:

Nuking: MAB/INT are preferred, but should one be prioritized over the other? Or is that mob-dependent?
Also, are resists common vs. high level mobs/bosses? What would be a satisfactory resist rate before applying any +skill/MAcc in these cases?

Debuffs: In terms of potency, will a proper INT/MND gearset cause a noticeable difference in debuff effectiveness compared to a non-boosted gearset? And should it be used on all debuffs or only certain ones?

I would appreciate any advice on this, thank you ^^
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2012-02-17 15:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

my nuking set hands will be changed to the MAB+13 hands from nyzul whenever i feel like replaying ffxi.

Edit: i also have rairin and apajamas for my thunder nuking just too damn lazy to go setting up gear on the item sets page.