Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-11-29 06:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Asura.Jem said: »
Assuming solo

200 Birds WS'es - Abyss LaTheine (Apoc, Alpha/Omega, Mounted Champion)
200 Beasts Killshots - Uleg Range Rabbits + Tigers
300 Aquan Killshots - Kuftal / Bohyada / Vunkerl Crabs
300 Undead Killshots - Eldieme Basement dropdown H I think (Northern most drop), Skeles + Shades + Ghosts (18 spawns on 5 min repop I think)
400 Arcana Killshots - Ro'Maeve

Not necessarily the best but pretty sure that's an easyish route. I just did it DRK/SAM. DRK/RDM may be an alternative if completely solo, some zones have GoV in though that you can get haste from.

You can change up all of those to abyssea zones if you care to as well. Beast kill shots you can do rabbits in aby vunk. Undead are in chasm, aquans are obviously all over m. coast, and arcana you can do detectors in altepa or ule range.

Doing trial outside abyssea is faster. In abyssea you will :
1- have to manage with the DA TA from atmas
2- face mobs with a lot more HP than outside
3- have hard times to kill mobs with Scourge
4- be limited in time
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-11-29 08:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done 4 relics worth of trials (Apoc before the Trial nerf)and now prefer Abyssea especially if you have a mage to cure you.

Don't use DA/TA atmas. Use RR,GH,GC or RR,GC,MC if solo.

/sam for STP,hasso (LR down) and Meditate.

Stand in the middle of the mob you need. (mobs that aggro or link are best) Then go to town. Mobs die fast in abyssea. If you are leveling them up too fast, change camp spots but its rarely an issue. Repop time is far superior to the outside camps as well.

Birds - LaTheine
Beast - LaTheine (Rabbits and Tigers next to each other)
Aquan - LaTheine, Frogs die fast and each side of the lake acts as a camp
Undead - Canyon, Sperm things die very fast, just watch HP aggro
Arcana - Ule on the detectors
[+]
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2012-11-29 09:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone for the reply!

Another question would be trials for Apocalypse? Which zones?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-11-29 09:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Asura.Jem said: »
Assuming solo 200 Birds WS'es - Abyss LaTheine (Apoc, Alpha/Omega, Mounted Champion) 200 Beasts Killshots - Uleg Range Rabbits + Tigers 300 Aquan Killshots - Kuftal / Bohyada / Vunkerl Crabs 300 Undead Killshots - Eldieme Basement dropdown H I think (Northern most drop), Skeles + Shades + Ghosts (18 spawns on 5 min repop I think) 400 Arcana Killshots - Ro'Maeve Not necessarily the best but pretty sure that's an easyish route. I just did it DRK/SAM. DRK/RDM may be an alternative if completely solo, some zones have GoV in though that you can get haste from.
You can change up all of those to abyssea zones if you care to as well. Beast kill shots you can do rabbits in aby vunk. Undead are in chasm, aquans are obviously all over m. coast, and arcana you can do detectors in altepa or ule range.
Doing trial outside abyssea is faster. In abyssea you will : 1- have to manage with the DA TA from atmas 2- face mobs with a lot more HP than outside 3- have hard times to kill mobs with Scourge 4- be limited in time

conversely both myself, and my mule, lumped up a ***-ton more cruor/ got dark rings & fast cast torques due to 2 relic trials.

between griffin claw, & savior I was easily peeling off 40%~ of some mobs hp with scourge and cata wasn't even a problem with standard abyssea atmas.

It did NOT go faster inside abyssea though. I accepted that "con" because I wanted the multitask but the trials took a ballpark of 1.5x longer inside. For me it was an acceptable risk so that i could get off my lazy *** to do 2 things. I would not recommend it for speed of completition.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-11-29 09:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I was doing 100+ per hour in Abyssea. Thats faster then repops outside.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-11-29 10:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it is worth, I'd bug a sch to come Embrava you(inside or out) if possible and there is anywhere at all close to lock embrava. I helped a friend w/ his and we were knocking out about 130 mobs per hour (inside abyssea).
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-11-29 10:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
I was doing 100+ per hour in Abyssea. Thats faster then repops outside.

I suppose that would be true if I spent more time in there. I kept going in spurts due to events / work and farming lights was kinda brutal
 Ragnarok.Azryel
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2012-11-29 13:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I did my trials outside of Abyssea once the "kill shot" aspect of it started- the mobs are very weak, and I'd AFK a lot because the trials were boring, so I'd do like 30 kills here, 50 there, another 25 here, and so on...

Also, I did most of my trials on WAR/DNC (no mule, so the /DNC was necessary) over DRK, because on DRK I'd seem to get Triple/Quadruple Attack procs at low HP more than I wanted- the Double Attack procs were more manageable on WAR, but you'll still get the occasional Double Attack crits with 2.5x dmg, and there's not a lot you can do about that lol
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-11-29 15:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »
I did my trials outside of Abyssea once the "kill shot" aspect of it started- the mobs are very weak, and I'd AFK a lot because the trials were boring, so I'd do like 30 kills here, 50 there, another 25 here, and so on...

Also, I did most of my trials on WAR/DNC (no mule, so the /DNC was necessary) over DRK, because on DRK I'd seem to get Triple/Quadruple Attack procs at low HP more than I wanted- the Double Attack procs were more manageable on WAR, but you'll still get the occasional Double Attack crits with 2.5x dmg, and there's not a lot you can do about that lol

Ummmm change your gear lol

DA/TA/QA is the players fault not the jobs. DRK is a very good job to solo the trials on due to LR.

And you don't need lights for Abyssea, everyone has a million stones, just go in and start killing.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2012-11-29 15:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »

Ummmm change your gear lol

DA/TA/QA is the players fault not the jobs. DRK is a very good job to solo the trials on due to LR.

And you don't need lights for Abyssea, everyone has a million stones, just go in and start killing.

Changing jobs seemed faster than changing my gear sets for a trial, only to have to change them right back again once I was finished. I didn't say WAR was "better," I simply stated that's what I used and why.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-11-29 15:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lemme point out, in case of confusion, that my statements were based on farming up gold chest items (and the amber / pearl / azure lights for those). When I got the items I wanted, i finished my trials quickly.

Saying "i would not recommend it for fast completition" was my intention to imply "farming gold chests while doing trials".
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-11-29 19:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done 4 relics worth of trials (Apoc before the Trial nerf)and now prefer Abyssea especially if you have a mage to cure you.

Don't use DA/TA atmas. Use RR,GH,GC or RR,GC,MC if solo.

/sam for STP,hasso (LR down) and Meditate.

Stand in the middle of the mob you need. (mobs that aggro or link are best) Then go to town. Mobs die fast in abyssea. If you are leveling them up too fast, change camp spots but its rarely an issue. Repop time is far superior to the outside camps as well.

Birds - LaTheine
Beast - LaTheine (Rabbits and Tigers next to each other)
Aquan - LaTheine, Frogs die fast and each side of the lake acts as a camp
Undead - Canyon, Sperm things die very fast, just watch HP aggro
Arcana - Ule on the detectors
only thing id suggest different here is for undead, go to attowa if youre solo, west of flux 6 the bones there dont cast and drop pretty quick

edit: thanks for the correction
 Sylph.Rafaras
By Sylph.Rafaras 2012-12-01 01:45:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Rafaras said: »
Thanks everyone for the reply!

Another question would be trials for Apocalypse? Which zones?

Can somebody answer this Q for me.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-12-01 02:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Undead : Qutrubs in abyssea-tahrongi using MC Sea Daughter Apoc
Aquans : Cape terrigan or abyssea-misareaux
Lizards : Kuftal tunnel
Beasts : Uleguerand range.
Birds : Colibri @ leypoint in wajaom

Maybe i forgot some.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-12-01 10:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Undead : Qutrubs in abyssea-tahrongi using MC Sea Daughter Apoc
Aquans : Frogs - LaTheine
Lizards : Mis coast, Sobek area
Beasts : Rabbits, Tigers - Latheine
Birds : Mis coast

Fixed
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-12-01 10:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Undead : Schnitter (F-7 west of flux 6)i using MC Sea Daughter Apoc
Aquans : Frogs - LaTheine
Lizards : Shadow Lizards no flux just follow the path from the start to the west and go into the lone south area at the bottom of the map
Beasts : Rabbits - Latheine
Birds : Mis coast

Fixed

ditto
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-12-01 10:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

As you want, but I did my trials in a very short time, so I didn't bother with abyssea (bale +2 gears, no phorcys, no berk).
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-12-01 10:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

finished mine in <12 hours
all the fancy gear + embrava, would probably take 15-16 hours after nerf or without outside haste
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-12-01 11:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You should have mentioned that you're going with a mage to speed up things.
If you're going with a mage, you can go in abyssea, yeah why not.

I thought Rafaras was doing his trials alone.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-12-01 12:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

still faster just use mc atma, and its not like a mage does much work when your ws cures you
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-12-01 12:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right haste or embrava are negligible buffs.
 Asura.Barthalomew
Server: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2012-12-02 10:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering what I should change about my current set. Heca +1 feet have STR+4 Attack+4 Scythe Skill +2 Augments. Should I use Ogier's legs over AF3+2?

Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-02 10:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Proper gorget and belt.
 Odin.Registry
Server: Odin
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2012-12-02 10:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You absolutely have to use ele gorget/belt for Resolution since the fTP transfers across all 5 hits. Even if it didn't, Windbuffet would be incredibly pointless for a 5-hit weaponskill. Other than that and the obvious TP Bonus Moonshade over Bale Earring, your set's okay.

Don't use Ogier's legs over AF3+2, the weaponskill damage only counts for the first hit.
 Asura.Barthalomew
Server: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2012-12-02 10:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome. Thanks for the input.
 Sylph.Rafaras
By Sylph.Rafaras 2012-12-02 21:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks everyone for the inquiry. Much appreciated.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-12-15 10:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost finished with my Rag, 6 more bills and 44 more silver pieces!

Few questions on gear choices. I got a moonshade earring with att +4 TP+25 for V.Smite and Ukko's for my monk and war, would that be acceptable to use for WS gear with Resolution or should I stick with Bale?

Also, Don't have an adaman body yet, but aiming for that next after I get rag (gotta get the +1 >_>). In the mean time, what's worth using? I got the Bale Body +2 and I got a Porthos Byrnie, would the Enif body be useful from Arch-Omega or just stick with Porthos for the time being?
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-12-15 10:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »
Almost finished with my Rag, 6 more bills and 44 more silver pieces!

Few questions on gear choices. I got a moonshade earring with att +4 TP+25 for V.Smite and Ukko's for my monk and war, would that be acceptable to use for WS gear with Resolution or should I stick with Bale?

Also, Don't have an adaman body yet, but aiming for that next after I get rag (gotta get the +1 >_>). In the mean time, what's worth using? I got the Bale Body +2 and I got a Porthos Byrnie, would the Enif body be useful from Arch-Omega or just stick with Porthos for the time being?

The only time you shouldn't use moonshade is at 300% tp. Get enif at least in your body slot. Otherwise try for augmented Valkyrie or Armada.
Porthos byrnie is for dynamis dreamlands.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2012-12-15 10:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost finished with my Rag, 6 more bills and 44 more silver pieces! Few questions on gear choices. I got a moonshade earring with att +4 TP+25 for V.Smite and Ukko's for my monk and war, would that be acceptable to use for WS gear with Resolution or should I stick with Bale? Also, Don't have an adaman body yet, but aiming for that next after I get rag (gotta get the +1 >_>). In the mean time, what's worth using? I got the Bale Body +2 and I got a Porthos Byrnie, would the Enif body be useful from Arch-Omega or just stick with Porthos for the time being?
The only time you shouldn't use moonshade is at 300% tp. Get enif at least in your body slot. Otherwise try for augmented Valkyrie or Armada. Porthos byrnie is for dynamis dreamlands.

Oh that was my other question! I've seen people using augmented valk body, is that more of a situational piece? I don't really see a whole lot of them.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-12-15 11:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost finished with my Rag, 6 more bills and 44 more silver pieces! Few questions on gear choices. I got a moonshade earring with att +4 TP+25 for V.Smite and Ukko's for my monk and war, would that be acceptable to use for WS gear with Resolution or should I stick with Bale? Also, Don't have an adaman body yet, but aiming for that next after I get rag (gotta get the +1 >_>). In the mean time, what's worth using? I got the Bale Body +2 and I got a Porthos Byrnie, would the Enif body be useful from Arch-Omega or just stick with Porthos for the time being?
The only time you shouldn't use moonshade is at 300% tp. Get enif at least in your body slot. Otherwise try for augmented Valkyrie or Armada. Porthos byrnie is for dynamis dreamlands.

Oh that was my other question! I've seen people using augmented valk body, is that more of a situational piece? I don't really see a whole lot of them.

Yeah valkyrie would be your main TP piece.
First Page 2 3 ... 44 45 46 ... 50 51 52