[dev1064] Job Adjustments: Weapon Skills
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2011-12-21 11:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM was already nearly as good as WAR, this just makes SAM the new bandwagon DD.
[+]
 Bahamut.Danthebk
Server: Bahamut
user: danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2011-12-21 11:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD wasn't shitted on, they were just as viable as always. They're just not the best choice when you're 3-manning. I have always wished I had career brd in my linkshell, but nobody wants to play brd because brd is boring as ***.

And yes, they *** rdm, but it was because of the overabundance of temp items in the newest end game content (and lack of Cure V); not empyrean weaponskills. Oh, and Temper being self target.

Plus you just completely changed the entire debate, like, it's not even close anymore.

The moral of both of these arguments: Tanaka/SE is completely ***.
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-21 11:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dibble said: »
Wardeniii said: »
Although I definitely agree there has been a bandwagon since abyssea came out, I do get a good chuckle out of the fact that the guy with a glamor shot of his pup as an avatar is naturally the first person to say anything negative about mnk. lol
In my AF1, no less :P

And I'm not being negative about MNK but rather about the people that abandoned other jobs to play something else just because it had an amazing weapon skill.

I love my jobs regardless of how gimp others think they are (or aren't), hence my avatar.

The people that I have respect for in this game are those standing around with a Masamune and a Relic bow not giving a single *** what anyone else thinks.

Nothing against MNKs at all :)

I'll never understand what gives you and others like yourself the right or motivation to pigeonhole what it is exactly that constitutes "fun". I mean, you're definitively saying that your version of fun is legitimate, and anyone else's brand is ill-motivated. You enjoy one particular job? That's fantastic, but there's no rational explanation for why being monomaniacal over one's job is, in the eyes of so many, admirable, while being just as devoted to a role is shallow.

You'd think that after so many years of the phrase being tossed around, coincidentally very much akin to a bunch of biologically inferior animals flinging their feces everywhere, the greater community would have learned to rationalize their reinvention of the word "bandwagon" with its inherently inarguable negative reassigned meaning. That, or they'd be forced to - hold the phone - dismiss it entirely. Insanity, right?

Its disgusting to see people genuinely uplifted by the notion of those who enjoy maximizing their performance having the floor ripped from under them.
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-21 11:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Danthebk said: »

And the player base that expects every job to be the exact same thing.

Each job a specific roll to play and has it's own ways to be the best at what it's suppose to do.

People *** an moan about DRKs having shitty WSs all the time, but they don't realise DRKs are suppose to be pseudo-mage-DDs.(Regardless of how bad of a job SE did with it.) But they shouldn't try to fix it with a "uber l33t WS".

THFs are in the same boat, just in this thread I've seen "boost Rudra's". THFs are hardly even suppose to be considered DDs. They're melee support. Hence why they get JAs such as Collaborator/Trick attack/Treasure Hunter/etc.

WAR is my favorite job right beside PLD and SAM, but I'm not going to complain about this nerf until I hear how much it was actually lowered. I understand it being over-powered, but DD power is all that WAR gets(inb4 loldefender).

I could go on about each job, but I'm sure you get the point. I just don't want every job becoming the same thing just using different weapons.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 11:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaisuko said: »

Each job a specific roll to play and has it's own ways to be the best at what it's suppose to do.

People *** an moan about DRKs having shitty WSs all the time, but they don't realise DRKs are suppose to be pseudo-mage-DDs.(Regardless of how bad of a job SE did with it.) But they shouldn't try to fix it with a "uber l33t WS".

THFs are in the same boat, just in this thread I've seen "boost Rudra's". THFs are hardly even suppose to be considered DDs. They're melee support. Hence why they get JAs such as Collaborator/Trick attack/Treasure Hunter/etc.

WAR is my favorite job right beside PLD and SAM, but I'm not going to complain about this nerf until I hear how much it was actually lowered. I understand it being over-powered, but DD power is all that WAR gets(inb4 loldefender).

I could go on about each job, but I'm sure you get the point. I just don't want every job becoming the same thing just using different weapons.

Meh I've never once said drk should get sexy ws. I said drk should get sexy ja's that compliment their mage abilities so that when casting not losing out on dot. I also didn't say that war should be like every other job. I'm just saying Ukon in general was over powered. 30% crit bonus at 100% tp? lol Rng is *** beasty but they can't even use their full potential. ***sidewinder was nerfed too some odd years ago. People *** then, and I still saw good dmg from them who took the job seriously. Your war is gonna be ok.
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-21 11:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »

Meh I've never once said drk should get sexy ws. I said drk should get sexy ja's that compliment their mage abilities so that when casting not losing out on dot. I also didn't say that war should be like every other job. I'm just saying Ukon in general was over powered. 30% crit bonus at 100% tp? lol Rng is *** beasty but they can't even use their full potential. ***sidewinder was nerfed too some odd years ago. People *** then, and I still saw good dmg from them who took the job seriously. Your war is gonna be ok.
Wow, someone is a little defensive. I wasn't even directing it at you. lol
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-12-21 12:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's becoming a hot topic lol! It better get noticed by SE soon
 Sylph.Kyogi
Server: Sylph
user: Kyogi
By Sylph.Kyogi 2011-12-21 12:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

/sigh Guess it was only a matter of time before they started crying about Shoha, figures. -_-
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-21 12:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Heaven forbid a parallel demonstrating the inconsistency in their judgement be drawn.
[+]
By Wardeniii 2011-12-21 12:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dibble said: »
Wardeniii said: »
Although I definitely agree there has been a bandwagon since abyssea came out, I do get a good chuckle out of the fact that the guy with a glamor shot of his pup as an avatar is naturally the first person to say anything negative about mnk. lol
In my AF1, no less :P

And I'm not being negative about MNK but rather about the people that abandoned other jobs to play something else just because it had an amazing weapon skill.

I love my jobs regardless of how gimp others think they are (or aren't), hence my avatar.

The people that I have respect for in this game are those standing around with a Masamune and a Relic bow not giving a single *** what anyone else thinks.

Nothing against MNKs at all :)

I do agree, there certainly is something to be said for people who play what they do because it is fun as opposed to it being the best. :)

Although playing what you think is fun while it is also the best is pretty sweet too. ;p
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-21 12:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody knows what the lower'd crit rate is gonna be for Ukko's and Smite... Solution: Equip Rancor Mantle. /thread
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-12-21 12:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Nobody knows what the lower'd crit rate is gonna be for Ukko's and Smite... Solution: Equip Rancor Mantle. /thread
no >:
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-21 12:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like that mantle is even bad. It has a good attack bonus on it to compensate. And it has the same grudge effect.
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-21 12:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like that mantle is even bad. It has a good attack bonus on it to compensate. And it has the same grudge effect.
Doesn't stack with the collar.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-21 12:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

whaaaat? >_< wtf...has this been thoroughly tested? my bad then :(
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 12:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »

Wow, someone is a little defensive. I wasn't even directing it at you. lol

No I wasn't referring to you posting it at me. I'm talking in general towards your comment in agreeance.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-21 12:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we have a shopped Tanaka with a samurai helm yet?
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-21 12:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

whaaaat? >_< wtf...has this been thoroughly tested? my bad then :(
Was tested by using the mantle and collar together against 1000 needles.
But there is this.
 Leviathan.Scribe
user: DiscoDuck
By Leviathan.Scribe 2011-12-21 12:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

GO GO Gadget WAR/NIN dual wield Rampage spam!

Is it 2005?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-21 12:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh ok Kai
 Seraph.Koroma
Server: Seraph
user: Koroma
By Seraph.Koroma 2011-12-21 12:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
Also, at one point S-E opted to make mobs despawn when they lose aggression outside of their spawn area. It was a measure to combat MPK'ing. At the time, BST's freaked out since they felt they'd be useless since they could no longer "pet swap" using the same mobs over and over again. Turns out people adapted, and BST is still a useful job. In fact, BST was definitely one of the most desired jobs for the Level 95 limit break quest battle that was just introduced.

You sir no nothing of BST SE never has made a change the player wanted only the changes they deem worthy for a job theyve never played, WE have no choice to except the changes because no matter how many Thousands complain about charm or Emp axe, they'll never listen, that goes double with Tanaka at the wheel.

in closing: Yes the nerf you meantioned was terrible and permantly changed things, but we "adapted" as you say only because we have no choice.
 Ragnarok.Matriarch
Server: Ragnarok
user: Taisaijin
By Ragnarok.Matriarch 2011-12-21 12:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Was in a merit Dominion ops party in Ulegrand Abyssea. The damage from Tachi: Shoha was intense! While I was glad things were moving along so quickly it was sort of disconcerting whenever I engaged a raptor and approached it only to have the SAM I didn't see behind me buzz by and one shot it with a 3.8-5k WS.

I may be a little late to the party but does Resolution improve much from rank 4-5, or is this it?

Edit: I'm not shouting about how it should be nerfed, nor have I seen it used outside Abyssea yet. Just sort of disappointed in my own failings when it comes to one hit killing everything with a STR mod five-fold WS that's weaker than Guillotine.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-21 12:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Scribe said: »
GO GO Gadget WAR/NIN dual wield Rampage spam! Is it 2005?

My Ridill is awfully dusty at this point.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-21 13:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

War still has Resolution. That WS is dope lol
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-21 13:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh well. I'm still taking my Ukon to 99, regardless.
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-21 13:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Tachi-Shoha would be balanced it if was a 1 hit... but yet again its just another overpowered ws that hopefully will get nerfed soon.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-12-21 13:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I'm not going to quit just because this *** wants to nerf us into oblivion. It's just sad people cry "Nerf WAR nerf WAR nerf WAR" While SAM gets Shoha which seems broken at this point imo.(It out damages Kaiten/Fudo...)

I think the Abyssea team had it right as far as balance wise (razed ruins aside) and tanaka comes in and wants to "Balance" everything. Looking away from how critical hit weaponskills dominated Abyssea everything else was looking well done.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-21 13:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

nerf us into oblivion... ? really? lol hyperbole with this adjustment is all over the place. Its not like war isn't still a top DD. That's WHAT war does.

edit: Furthermore, you can do what sam's with Masa now do. Empy WS at 300 tp for AM3 and just ride the new WS... not hard to grasp, y'all.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 13:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ukko's is still gonna be top 2 ws.. lol.