[dev1064] Job Adjustments: Weapon Skills
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-12-21 05:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

[dev1064] Job Adjustments: Weapon Skills

* TP critical hit bonuses for the weapon skills “Ukko’s Fury” and “Victory Smite” will be lowered.

-----
If you wish to discuss or submit feedback on this topic, please use the [dev1064] tag.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-21 05:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like SP for pup might be better now, for real lol.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-21 05:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to rub it in, huh? Devs(Tanaka) are retards.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-21 05:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on the nerf, but I feel Victory Smite is risking falling behind Shijin/Pummel.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Helixx
Server: Lakshmi
user: Helixx
By Lakshmi.Helixx 2011-12-21 05:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well great. Can someone get new Devs? Or tell them that NerfNerfNerf is not Updateupdateupdate?
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-12-21 05:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's funny how they put a picture along with these updates

it's like they're just slapping you in the face at this point

"hey Tanaka, about to tell the player base about the nerfs with this post, it look good?"
"ohhh, hold on, let's add some pictures! that'll keep them hooked!"
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-12-21 06:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

oh wtf is this ***?!?!?!
 Fenrir.Dibble
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2011-12-21 06:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What's that noise?

Oh, it's people jumping of the MNK bandwagon like rats leaving a sinking ship.
[+]
By Wardeniii 2011-12-21 06:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmm...well--it will be interesting to see just how much of a nerf they put on each of these WS's.

Hopefully it doesn't just send two more emp WS's to the graveyard so that they can be replaced by a pair of WS's you can merit 5/5 in a single afternoon. Sadly, that's what I see coming though.

Fenrir.Dibble said: »
What's that noise?

Oh, it's people jumping of the MNK bandwagon like rats leaving a sinking ship.
Although I definitely agree there has been a bandwagon since abyssea came out, I do get a good chuckle out of the fact that the guy with a glamor shot of his pup as an avatar is naturally the first person to say anything negative about mnk. lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-12-21 06:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

lolwar and lolmnk.

that is all.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-21 06:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I doubt Ukko will fall behind anything else, but I can see Smite going down the sink already...
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-12-21 06:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

when it says tp critical hit bonuses though... does that mean 200%tp and 300%tp or did they *** up big time?
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-12-21 06:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

man this is so dumb lol we want the dev to work on improving the game not making it worse wtf.
i swear they spend more time thinking of ways to gimp ***then actually add cool new stuff "balance"...

..and this is the way they start off the x-mas/new year/upcoming update for 2012..maybe se really does believe 2012 is the last year and they just gonna spend their days trolling us
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-12-21 06:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Chill.
[+]
 Fenrir.Dibble
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2011-12-21 06:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wardeniii said: »
Although I definitely agree there has been a bandwagon since abyssea came out, I do get a good chuckle out of the fact that the guy with a glamor shot of his pup as an avatar is naturally the first person to say anything negative about mnk. lol
In my AF1, no less :P

And I'm not being negative about MNK but rather about the people that abandoned other jobs to play something else just because it had an amazing weapon skill.

I love my jobs regardless of how gimp others think they are (or aren't), hence my avatar.

The people that I have respect for in this game are those standing around with a Masamune and a Relic bow not giving a single *** what anyone else thinks.

Nothing against MNKs at all :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Aramachus
Server: Bahamut
user: Aramachus
By Bahamut.Aramachus 2011-12-21 06:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

good start of restoring some balance, ukkos fury is too powerful right now
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2011-12-21 07:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I see alot of ppl crying about making other jobs better instead of nerfing 2 ws's. Im willing to bet these ppl would cry if they jacked up all the other ws's to match par with them too though. Its easier to nerf 2 overpowered ws's then boost up a handful of other ones to balance the game a bit. Quit crying.
[+]
 Fenrir.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-12-21 07:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nerfing everything so that there's balance =/= making the game better.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-21 07:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, this modification is overdue. It won't be popular for me to say this, perhaps, and I get that. But it's been kinda ridiculous how much more powerful Ukko's Fury and Victory Smite are when compared to every other Empyrean WS.

That said, I hope the adjustment isn't too great. A minor "nerf" would be sufficient. It would be a shame if S-E went overboard when correcting these WS.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2011-12-21 07:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
* TP critical hit bonuses for the weapon skills “Ukko’s Fury” and “Victory Smite” will be lowered.

allmost 1 year to late
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2011-12-21 07:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
I see alot of ppl crying about making other jobs better instead of nerfing 2 ws's. Im willing to bet these ppl would cry if they jacked up all the other ws's to match par with them too though. Its easier to nerf 2 overpowered ws's then boost up a handful of other ones to balance the game a bit. Quit crying.
All I see is people who couldn't compete even If I used Raging Rush exclusively act like they will be able to compete now that a WS they never had the chance to compare to got weakened.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2011-12-21 07:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
To be honest, this modification is overdue. It won't be popular for me to say this, perhaps, and I get that. But it's been kinda ridiculous how much more powerful Ukko's Fury and Victory Smite are when compared to every other Empyrean WS.

That said, I hope the adjustment isn't too great. A minor "nerf" would be sufficient. It would be a shame if S-E went overboard when correcting these WS.

It's necessarily a minor ajustement, from the description they are lowering the bonus at 100% TP. Worst cas scenario is they put it at 0% when it's assumed to be 15% right now, making the avergae crit rate during VS (averaged between impetus up and down) roughly 25-30% instead of 40%.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-12-21 07:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

sam/war
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-21 07:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The people that I have respect for in this game are those standing around with a Masamune and a Relic bow not giving a single *** what anyone else thinks.

More like the people who made Amano under the old system and then got *** slapped by a better great katana, so their currency would have been better spent on Yoichi and being able to HAVE a good great katana and bow on at the same time.

Victory Smite should not be adjusted. It has not ever been nearly as overpowered as Ukko's.

Whatever. Tanaka's a worthless human being.
[+]
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Server: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2011-12-21 07:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

About time they nerfed those WS.
[+]
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2011-12-21 07:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

i see a bunch of people who say quit crying. in response to those people i ask this: how many of you said to a war "man, your job is ridiculously OP and it needs to be nerfed" while you were sitting around in cleave parties or during gold box events? been playing war since 2003, dont think ive seen this said once.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-21 07:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

When was the last time SE "adjusted" anything for "balance" and didn't go overboard?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-12-21 08:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fabiano said: »
Quote:

allmost 1 year to late
komm ins spiel!!!!
 Cerberus.Rafisback
Server: Cerberus
user: Rafisback
By Cerberus.Rafisback 2011-12-21 08:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanted to say, to all the ppl arguing that you can do an empy in one week:

It's only true if you have a linkshell or some very good and dedicated friends to help you.

I made my Ukon in 2 months, and even buying 20 Glavoid shells, I had to bluburn in taronghi so much time, alone, and very little time, I got friends logged and able to help me. What I want to say is: some ppl are making empys in one week or less, and some others took a lot more of time cause they didn't want (or they couldn't) join a ls.

Imo, Ukko's Fury being more powerfull than others ws is legit, it's one of the, (if not the), hardest Empyrean weapon to make.

I choose Ukonvasara, knowing it'll be hard and a long way to achieve (solo or kinda), but knowing too that it was very powerfull. Now SE is talking about balancing jobs, and nerfing like hell. I feel really disapointed, and I hope everyone can understand the feeling we (Ukon's war)have.

It seems unfair to make such hard and boring trials, to nerf those weapons, "balancing the game", when some Empyreans like Kanagi Masamune or Greatsword are easier to make, and have already quite high dmg ws. Talk about balancing ...

Raising other ws would have hurt a little for sure, but nerfing Ukko's is really lame >.<

P.S. I'm sorry if there is some syntax errors, I'm French, hope you can understand.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6