Exenterator
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-07-20 01:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh i am thinking about dropping Exenterator aswell.. since i have Mandau 99 i rarly used it.. i play THF alot in LS Dynamis (ADL farm) and on Prov VW, and in both events i find hardly a difference between unstacked Mercy and unstacked Excenterator.

on ADL itself my unstacked Exenterators were doing more dmg, but normally only get my 2 stacked WS off before everything is death lol. My sets for Exent arent totally up to date (no Myrmex mittens.. stupid glowing points wont give me those..)
on the Cat prefights in prov my Mercys normally do between 1.2k-2k unstacked and exenterator wont even get this high lol. Atleast not the few times i used it.. maybe just hit unlucky dunno..
so yea i think i just drop those Merits for another WS lol
 Phoenix.Seshat
Server: Phoenix
user: maeko91
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-07-20 01:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pulling off 4-5k unstacked Exents in Salvage (on THF)/Dyna(On DNC) seems impressive to me, but what do I know? All I'm missing are mittens and Tess. Saio for my Exent set for THF.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-07-20 11:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Seshat said: »
Pulling off 4-5k unstacked Exents in Salvage (on THF)/Dyna(On DNC) seems impressive to me, but what do I know? All I'm missing are mittens and Tess. Saio for my Exent set for THF.

2 Questions

Is this an average, or your eyeballed highest peaks?

Which mobs? 4-5k Unstacked seems a bit high... Though i haven't done Salvage in quite some time, I smell something foul unless you're talking about the mobs that take enhanced damage.

Then again, as i said, Haven't done salvage in a while, I forget how fodder they are.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-07-20 13:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If youre saying youre pulling off 4-5k unstacked Exen's on dnc in dynamis, id have to call crap on that. My Exen set is pretty good for dnc and i break 3k pretty easily *w/ no sub because i cant stand dynamis any other way*. As THF, i could see that much dmg stacked or as dnc/thf, but you're over exaggerating a 5k exen as dnc unless you bring a brd or cor. Ill post my set for dnc & id like to hear opinions besides obviously myrmex mitts because they never drop =/.
 Phoenix.Seshat
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-07-20 14:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all there's a reason I said 4-5. 4.1k in Dyna on DNC is the highest I've spiked, parsed, not eyeballed. I also sub WAR on both jobs, and fulltime Berzerk/RCBs whenever available. DNC is not what I'd call a spike damage job, and anyone who plays it should know that. As far as the 5k for THF? Its definitely rare, but I have spiked (key word here) to the 5k region in Salvage. However, I rarely use Exent on THF as I spam Rudra's to maintain aftermath.

As far as an average goes? Easily 2.5-3k on the lower end.

Karb, to be fair? Salvage mobs are like EP dyna mobs.

[18:25:23]Seshat uses Exenterator.
[18:25:23]The Archaic Gear takes 3936 points of damage.

With only food and Berserk.

Edit: For the hell of it, w/ AC, Warcry, and a Bully'd SA:

[18:25:01]Seshat uses Rudra's Storm.
[18:25:01]The Archaic Gears take 5844 points of damage.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-07-20 14:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess it does shine on fodder mobs, I Just can't find it useful for anything but fodder mobs :\, And thats I'm considering removing it for the time being.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-20 14:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Exen does better on higher tier VW mobs as well.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-07-20 15:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? My Eviscerations almost always outperform my Exenterators... Maybe its the Mandau?

Edit: *Checks page* - Nope, You have Mandau too. Maybe my Exent set just isn't good enough, But I've not been impressed with it lately, especially on higher end VW mobs...

(Psst; Item sets are outdated)
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-20 15:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine? I try and keep them private just because they're a mess and I don't care to keep them organized lol, but I'm lazy and don't private all of them.

I honestly hate that Exent > Evis, but I notice statistically that Exent always outperforms Evis. There's a few situations where it's a close call, but Exent still comes out on top. The thing about Exent though is that it scales with AGI at 100%, so stacking mass AGI just makes the DMG on your weapon skyrocket. Crits can't overcome that bonus I think.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-07-20 17:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I meant my Item sets lol.

But yah, I was impressed with Exent at first, But once i began getting better Evisc gear it seemed to slack behind. I'll just have to try harder :x
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-07-21 04:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

what set are you using for evis? @ karb
ok i havent upgradet mine in a while and i probably lack some nice pieces like athos pants/body for it, but on VW mobs it allways seemed for me exen > evis, but my exenterator set is better and more up to date.. still not perfect but well... i only do Prov (so PW and the pre cats) on THF so can only really talk about those D: but there "full buffed" with berserk/drink/mineutx2/chos roll/fighter and stuff my unstacked mercys did on average more dmg then exenterators i tryed while evis was even more behind.

edit: ok just to add those are my current sets i think when useing evis or ex (unstacked) i know they arent perfect but i didnt care much about them lol

Evis:

Exen:
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-07-21 07:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all there's a reason I said 4-5. 4.1k in Dyna on DNC is the highest I've spiked, parsed, not eyeballed. I also sub WAR on both jobs, and fulltime Berzerk/RCBs whenever available. DNC is not what I'd call a spike damage job, and anyone who plays it should know that.

Def could of worded your first post better then. Im well aware of dnc's abilities & a spike for 4.1k while /war is possible, but the way you worded "pulling off" gives off that you are averaging 4-5k which isnt going to happen w/o mad buffs. As for THF or stacked Exen, i could see 5k with a few gear changes to focus more on the forced crit.

To the above post, You could prob look into a Ghillie +1 to replace Suppa & more Thaumas once you get some. I usually use Light belt + Justiciar's, but i havent tried anguinus for Exen sadly. Btw sorry for the dnc talk in thf thread :x. This topic was already loaded so i figured its better than making a new one saying the same stuff.

Edit: I have no idea how i missed Sylow's thread for Exen but the FIRST post answered that my light belt is crap lol. Already a big help!
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-07-21 18:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said: »
what set are you using for evis? @ karb

-snip-

Evis

Exent

Biggest problem i assume is my lack of Neo-Nyzul armor, Since thats apparently the best sh*t ever for Exenterator. Outside of that, Our sets are pretty similar, Except I use Maat's Cap/Athos Gloves for the STR and AGI combo.

Belt/Neck we have differently too
 Bismarck.Stani
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-07-21 21:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Spitting out some numbers... WAR sub because I think we're talking VW.

Your Evis set: 35 WSC, 10 fstr (vs. qilin), 26% crit rate at +23% crit damage, 16% DA and 13% TA giving you 7.975 averags swings per ws (so you'll be hitting that 8 hit cap a lot). Main-handing a 55 damage weapon, that becomes 110 effective weapon damage for 5 swings, and depending on what you sub, one 100ish weapon damage offhand swing.

Your Exen set: 136 WSC, 8 fstr (vs. qilin), 19% DA and 10% TA giving you 6.887 average swings per WS. Main-handing a 55 damage weapon, that becomes 199 effective weapon damage for 4 swings, and depending on what you sub, one 190ish weapon damage offhand swing.

Contrasts between the two WS: Evis's crit nature will show gains from Champion's Tonic, overflow/300 TP, and TP Bonus Gear/Atmacites. Low attack situations make crits relatively more potent compared to high attack; by the same coin, crits will be less powerful with high attack than they were with low attack. Exen's high base damage nature will show significant gains from attack. Once you cap attack, it will only show gains from more DA/TA/QA, or AGI.

Comparing the sets for their given WS's, both are far from optimal. Evis's set has about 20 more attack than Exen's, which is not insignificant, but also not staggeringly far apart. I'll oversimplify the situation by saying Evis is, on average, akin to swinging a 850* damage weapon with a 26% (or greater) chance to crit. Exen is like swinging a 1350 damage weapon.

Which performs better depends on a lot of attack/crit bonus related variables. Higher attack will favor Exen more than Evis, and lots of extra crit bonuses will save Evis's ***. If I had to put my money on which would win, it'd be Exen by a hair on Qilin, and Exen by a mile on fodder. Going forward from your listed sets, there's a lot more ground to gain on your Exen set than Evis, so Exen will only pull ahead.

*Edit: I forgot to penalize Evis for going over the 8 hit limit in this figure. Take that 850 with a grain of salt (down to 800-825).
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-07-21 22:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure gears in there take bonus damage of some kind so they aren't really the best testing grounds. None of the wikis mention it, but my damage on them is consistently way higher than on the shadows and other mobs.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-07-22 00:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stani said: »
KERSPLOSION

That sounds about right. I'd be using Heca Legs+1 Aug in my Evisc set if i could get ahold of the Abjuration...

As far as the rest goes, I generally use Evisc when my Aftermath is up, and well, Champions, Most of the time anyway... Since most of what i use my THF for is VW content.

I do notice on Fodder mobs, Dynamis and what have you, My exent pulls ahead still, By leaps and bounds. VW, as a THF, I'm never in the Buffed party, If that helps any QQ

Either way, I Guess I just have bad luck with Exent, Once i get my neo Nyzul armor (Read; Never) Exent should pull ahead much more noticeable. Though, until then, I'm still considering dropping it.

P.S - Any AH Upgrades you can recommend for my sets? If not, Ain't sh*t i can upgrade for them right now, because I still do VW almost nonstop and I'll never see a Toci's, or a Shout for Jeuno T1~6 Clear so i can do PW for Tessera
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2012-07-22 01:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

if we're talking vw, i'd think /dnc for procs might be more common as well, unless your nin is /dnc
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-07-22 01:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever i ask what sub to come, Always told /WAR, So thats what i generally go as.

People seem to care very little about DNC procs ⌐ ⌐, but I roll with it! (Plus i think the NIN is usually /DNC)
 Phoenix.Seshat
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-07-22 02:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I currently lack Athos Tights, a wanion belt, or TP bonus earring, but my gearsets excluding Rudra's are as follows:

Evis:

Athos Tabard for SA/TA - Hec. Mittens +1 with Crit damage+3 Dagger+2 augment for TA.

Exent:

AF3+2 Hands for SA, Hec. Mittens +1 for TA.

Epona's is situational. Demonry ring is used whenever AC is up for both WSes.

And Suji I parsed my run just now (because this thread inspired me, lol) and my damage on fomors and gears were both relatively the same. My overall average for Exent came out to 2.4k. WSed a mob at 10% like a turd and managed a lovely 1098 Exent, but not a single one was that low before or after, even pre-gear from cells. -_-;
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Server: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-07-22 04:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldnt Thaumas body be good for Exenterator?
Maybe not better than Tessera but not sure about other.

Its STR+5 AGI+5 acc+14 att+2 QA+3% TA+3% DA+3%

Vs Tabard for example its

STR+5 acc+7 att+2 QA/TA/DA+3% vs 10agi

10 AGI in this set should be around +3.5% increase
QA/Ta/DA is 5.4% but it will be lower because it will sometimes cap at 8 hits. Should still win imo.

Demonry ring also shouldnt win for Exenterator even with AC up. Triple attack part will only be like 40-50% of whole WS so +1.5% damage top from ring and 7att might add almost 1%. 7AGI ring gives 3%.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-07-22 06:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Tessera has +17atk
 Quetzalcoatl.Headache
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Headache 2012-07-22 06:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If u lack Myrmex hands would it be better to use athos hands or thaumas hands for the 4/5 set bonus? Thats for days when athos hands effect doesnt apply.
 Phoenix.Seshat
By Phoenix.Seshat 2012-07-22 06:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've seen of the spreadsheet for the longest time the understanding has been Tessera > Kudzu > Athos ~ Toci's > Loki's. Where does Thaumas fit in? Not sure, but all of the above was with 4/5 Thaumas. It might be on the same level as Athos's, not particularly better, as AGI and DA/TA/QA both pull ahead in attack capped situations. Not to mention the 15 AGI applies directly for a consistent number, whereas the DA/TA/QA will be more random, and with THF's natural TA, as with DA from WAR, adding more than a substantial amount will have diminishing returns.

As for demonry with Exent I'll have to look into it when I'm not meant to be sleeping, lol.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-07-22 09:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Tessera has +17atk
From what I've seen of the spreadsheet for the longest time the understanding has been Tessera > Kudzu > Athos ~ Toci's > Loki's. Where does Thaumas fit in? Not sure, but all of the above was with 4/5 Thaumas. It might be on the same level as Athos's, not particularly better, as AGI and DA/TA/QA both pull ahead in attack capped situations. Not to mention the 15 AGI applies directly for a consistent number, whereas the DA/TA/QA will be more random, and with THF's natural TA, as with DA from WAR, adding more than a substantial amount will have diminishing returns.

As for demonry with Exent I'll have to look into it when I'm not meant to be sleeping, lol.

Well its not 15AGI vs no AGI but its
15AGI 7acc vs 5AGI 5STR 12acc QA/TA/DA 3%

Above 5.4% increase from QA/TA/DA is with diminishing returns already. It will be lower because of 8 hits cap will lower it but still should be around 4%. So QA/DA/TA and 5STR should beat 10AGI.

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Tessera has +17atk

Read carefully what I wrote and which bodys I was compering. I will even help you and bold it.
 Ragnarok.Haorhu
Server: Ragnarok
user: haorhu
By Ragnarok.Haorhu 2012-07-23 19:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/264761
By Solrain 2012-07-24 05:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That's your Rudra's set!
 Ragnarok.Haorhu
By Ragnarok.Haorhu 2012-07-25 09:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/267166

MT ^^ ..
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-07-30 12:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor choice for legs.
Crit damage will only work for first hit on exentrator. So that 4% increase will be +0.6% avg. Agi+ would be much much better
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-07-31 13:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for some advice with SA Exenerator. Lately my SA Exenerator set feels some what lackluster compared to my unstacked set.

Unstacked on EP's I go anywhere from 2500-3900+ which I'm very happy with atm.

But my SA Exenerator set doesn't feel like it puts as much on top of the normal damage as it should. I usually see anywhere from 2700-4400 damage from it.

Should I just start SA'ing Exenerator in my unstacked set? From the numbers I see on unstacked, I feel I should be able to pull a bit more out of SA Exenerator.

This is my current unstacked Exenerator set:

This is my current SA Exenerator set:

Any idea what I'm doing wrong on my SA set? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Ragnarok.Haorhu
By Ragnarok.Haorhu 2012-08-02 11:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

if u want deal good damage with exentrator use rogues armlet's +1 and a good set agi/dex with critical stuff and good weapon only on thf. not using exen on dnc because i prefer stack trick/exentrator. on dnc i never try this WS too ..
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 13 14 15