Coruscanti Occasionally Deals Severe Damage...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Coruscanti occasionally deals severe damage...
Coruscanti occasionally deals severe damage...
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-12-08 23:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i have some theories on this..

the video showed it being single wielded, so maybe for the severe damage you need to single hand it?

what about mainhand/offhand?
have you tested it that way?
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-09 00:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't a latent, so nothing special should need to be done.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-12-09 00:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »

yeah but we are talking about a weapon that already has a typo on it :/
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-09 00:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »

Ok, it doesn't have a latent on the video release of the weapon and the rest of the weapons work as they are suppose to (except the possible hidden effect on Murasamemaru that no one cares about).

And the typo on it is only on the english client, all others are correct.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-09 00:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, it doesn't have a latent on the video release of the weapon and the rest of the weapons work as they are suppose to (except the possible hidden effect on Murasamemaru that no one cares about).

Don't forget though, relics don't work on the off hand. And crit hit rate don't affect main hand.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-09 01:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »

Don't forget though, relics don't work on the off hand. And crit hit rate don't affect main hand.

Well, iirc on the test server atm, the attack boost on relics does apply when offhanded.

Dunno if it was patched, and if it's intentional or not.

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
whoa whoa bro, no need to go off the handle here, put down the murasamemaru insult

To be perfectly fair, I really really really want one so I can figure out what it is. I've been anxious to know what it does since it was released.

It's horrible.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-11 08:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
the attack boost on relics does apply when offhanded

This makes me rage even more hardcore that I can't equip a Mandau.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-11 09:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe you'll be able too!
I want SE to update us on the progress of "we'r thinking about adding more jobs to relics".
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-11 09:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

They did.
With, "We currently have no plans to do so at this time."

Ragesauce.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-11 09:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
They did.
With, "We currently have no plans to do so at this time."

Ragesauce.

Wah.. ffffuuuuu!
No annihilator CORs then? :(
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-11 09:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Dev Team
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-17 20:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

after a discussion with sylow about this weapon yesterday we concluded that there is a possibility that coruscanti wound up with the new GS's effect of occasionally dealing severe weapon skill damage. so i am currently doing testing right now.

results thus far:

dnc/war

naked + coruscanti

tested with 100 tp through reverse flourish

east ronfare worms outside sandy

viper bite testing

[+]
 Odin.Valdor
Server: Odin
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2011-12-26 04:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got this dagger. Is there anything i can do to help test.
By Fahkyu 2012-01-19 14:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ive seen more triple attack set procs than any sign of "severe" dmg >.> any news on when this will be fixed?
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-01-22 11:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly i have no idea what ppl are talking about with it being broken. I have seen mine proc on and off since i got it like 4 months ago, never seemed broke to me. I have plenty of SS's on dnc/war no CF with x4 dmg but ive also seen dmg increases that weren't x4. thats the only way i can see it being "broke".
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-01-22 11:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You Sir, have rightfully earned a POIDH
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-01-22 11:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
You Sir, have rightfully earned a POIDH

This, and well, you said you have plenty of screenshots, post a few!
[+]
 Odin.Jaysfx
user: Kazashi
By Odin.Jaysfx 2012-01-22 11:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
Honestly i have no idea what ppl are talking about with it being broken. I have seen mine proc on and off since i got it like 4 months ago, never seemed broke to me. I have plenty of SS's on dnc/war no CF with x4 dmg but ive also seen dmg increases that weren't x4. thats the only way i can see it being "broke".

So tell me this, how much damage was you doing when you supposedly got the "severe damage" proc? Because I've had a good 3,000-4,000 hits with the damn thing and haven't seen any so called "severe damage" appear what so ever. In fact, I actually do a little more damage than my twilight knife, and that's just because of higher base damage.
 Sylph.Emdief
Server: Sylph
user: Emdief
By Sylph.Emdief 2012-01-22 12:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It is rumored to be the key to kill AV.
By Fupafighters 2012-01-22 12:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
Are you using twashtar and samba wiith +2? Im pretty sure they stack.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-22 12:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I decided to look into POLUtils and see if there was even an entry for severe damage.

Here is critical hit:

Dialog Table Entry 00067 ?Unknown Parameter (Type: 88) 0?[The /]?Possible Special Code: 01??Possible Special Code: 01??Possible Special Code: 10? ?Unknown Parameter (Type: 87) 0?[scores/score] a critical hit!

Dialog Table Entry 00353 ?Unknown Parameter (Type: 88) 0?[The /]?Possible Special Code: 01??Possible Special Code: 01??Possible Special Code: 10??Unknown Parameter (Type: 87) 0?['s/'] ranged attack scores a critical hit!

But nothing for severe damage.

So it would have to be just damage that is multiplied by a certain amount, in this case 4x (if it even works at all).
[+]
 Odin.Jaysfx
user: Kazashi
By Odin.Jaysfx 2012-01-22 13:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
I decided to look into POLUtils and see if there was even an entry for severe damage.

Here is critical hit:

Dialog Table Entry 00067 ?Unknown Parameter (Type: 88) 0?[The /]?Possible Special Code: 01??Possible Special Code: 01??Possible Special Code: 10? ?Unknown Parameter (Type: 87) 0?[scores/score] a critical hit!

Dialog Table Entry 00353 ?Unknown Parameter (Type: 88) 0?[The /]?Possible Special Code: 01??Possible Special Code: 01??Possible Special Code: 10??Unknown Parameter (Type: 87) 0?['s/'] ranged attack scores a critical hit!

So it would have to be just damage that is multiplied by a certain amount, in this case 4x (if it even works at all).

Well I hope it is broken to be honest, because I truly thought after 100s and 100s of Qilins I'd personally be a better thief, but it just simply seems that I do equal or just a tad more DOT than my alternative twilight knife. Come on SE! give us some more news about this please. Tell me the knife is completely broken and needs to be fixed. >.<
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-01-22 13:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »

Doesn't subbing WAR kinda ruin the test since it gives you double attack since it procs on WS. Of course severe damage probably isn't a double attack. xD Either way i think you should sub a mage job.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-01-22 13:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would they wanna give info about it when they are hard pressed on important issues like changing the menu's for Outpost Teleports????
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-22 13:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jaysfx said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »

Here is critical hit:

Well I hope it is broken to be honest, because I truly thought after 100s and 100s of Qilins I'd personally be a better thief, but it just simply seems that I do equal or just a tad more DOT than my alternative twilight knife. Come on SE! give us some more news about this please. Tell me the knife is completely broken and needs to be fixed. >.<
Probably going to be a secret they will take to the grave of FFXI.

(I'll make my stupid unbelievable guess right now:

It will only proc 4x damage when you are under the effect of level sync and your synced level is lower than the level of the enemy, but the only enemy that it will proc on is water based enemies (like Sahagin's) that aren't Amorphs, Avatars, or Elementals.)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-22 13:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said: »
Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »

Doesn't subbing WAR kinda ruin the test since it gives you double attack since it procs on WS. Of course severe damage probably isn't a double attack. xD Either way i think you should sub a mage job.

You'll only be landing one hit of the weaponskill on one of those monsters, double attack is pretty much moot. Just watch TP return, if you only get 1 TP exclude that sample from the results. The biggest issue in subbing WAR is the lack of Sneak Attack to stabilize results, though one would assume Severe Damage would be readily noticeable regardless I suppose.

They do need a much, much, much larger sample size though.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-22 13:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Severe HP is technically what? 10% HP?

Maybe it can only proc under those conditions.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-22 13:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's something like that then it would still be noticeable on a worm, they have approximately 30HP, so you'd be doing a 27 damage viper bite on a level -1 monster.

Considering there are a couple of separate effects now for enhanced damage on these weapons, occ. deals severe weaponskill damage and occ. increases critical hit damage, one would be sound to assume that Coruscanti was meant to enhance everything, as it is labeled simply as "severe damage". Hoping they fix it sooner, but the Denali +5 set may make it a bit easier to test unless they break that too.