users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » New BST Pets
New BST Pets
 Leviathan.Goldengreg
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Goldengreg 2011-11-20 03:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh nice, we still have a gryf' and a 'kallu!
I hope we'll be able to charm the wild ones thereafter as well!
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-11-20 04:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
They specifically said that the frog is a vanity pet and nothing more. It will have no unique abilities or traits. They even asked on the official forums when people were asking for it if this was okay and if they'd still want the frog, and people said yes. All in all you can blame dumbfucks that lick windows for your not-scorpion-walrus-scorwalrusine frog.

Technically, It was never "HAY YOU GUYZ, WANT A FROG OR SCORPION?" it was "HAY YOU GUYZ, YOU WANT A FROG OR NOTHING AT ALL?"

We said sure, Give us a frog, what the hell.

not, WE NEEDS A NEW MASCOT *** SCORPS GIVE FROG.

Now, i can't recall EXACTLY, but i believe the Hippogryph is the reason we don't have a Scorpion. The JP Wanted Hippo man, and of course NA votes did not count, Even though someone proved that Of all the votes across all the Forums that voted, The Hippogryph only hate high votes amongst the JP, and i think Scorpion had high votes everywhere else.

Either way, Scorpion won by tally, but JP Voted more on hippo, and we got a Hippo.

TL;DR SE Still doesn't care about Opinions outside of the JP, But they're pretending and thats nice.
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
Server: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-11-20 05:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
They specifically said that the frog is a vanity pet and nothing more. It will have no unique abilities or traits. They even asked on the official forums when people were asking for it if this was okay and if they'd still want the frog, and people said yes. All in all you can blame dumbfucks that lick windows for your not-scorpion-walrus-scorwalrusine frog.

Technically, It was never "HAY YOU GUYZ, WANT A FROG OR SCORPION?" it was "HAY YOU GUYZ, YOU WANT A FROG OR NOTHING AT ALL?"

Now, i can't recall EXACTLY, but i believe the Hippogryph is the reason we don't have a Scorpion. The JP Wanted Hippo man, and of course NA votes did not count, Even though someone proved that Of all the votes across all the Forums that voted, The Hippogryph only hate high votes amongst the JP, and i think Scorpion had high votes everywhere else.

Either way, Scorpion won by tally, but JP Voted more on hippo, and we got a Hippo.

TL;DR SE Still doesn't care about Opinions outside of the JP, But they're pretending and thats nice.

They changed the voting even if 10000000000000 people voted it'd only be 1 vote for that section.

Though I must say, I'm from the UK and just because I speak English I was included in the NA section of votes. That's one way to make sure a vote goes their way.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-11-20 06:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cathaldus said: »
Asura.Karbuncle said: »

They changed the voting even if 10000000000000 people voted it'd only be 1 vote for that section.

Though I must say, I'm from the UK and just because I speak English I was included in the NA section of votes. That's one way to make sure a vote goes their way.

PRetty sure it was shown Scorpion won That way two, Two places voted highly for Scorpion, 1 for Hippo, and i don't think 1 even god a vote.

Its been a long time since i read it You'd have to look at the official forums thread on it. Some took the time to count the votes, and I'm relatively positive Hippogryph lost by a lot. From all regions, Except the JP
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2011-11-26 05:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

if this is a joke pet im not laughing :|
By Brolli 2011-11-26 10:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

frogs are very resistant to magic, i think it will be a good pet tanking for nms like turul, Dhorme Khimaira, Pantokrator and stuff like that