New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » New BST Pets
New BST Pets
First Page 2
By Erocent 2011-11-17 12:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Toad Seriously!!! WTF where is my ruszor?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mallicard
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Mallicard
By Siren.Mallicard 2011-11-17 12:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Did theses thought pop into anyone's head other than me?

A bst using the turtle pet, then running to the battle and getting started. Shortly after he engages he looks around...where is my pet.

Still trying to catch up to normal walking speed and far behind.

Better yet, VNM hunting and going far in one direction after failing to pin it down. Then finally poping it and your turtle is no where to be seen.

Also see, stuck in door ways~
[+]
By volkom 2011-11-17 12:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i think of the turtle being stuck on its back and unable to turn over

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Tealsic
Server: Leviathan
user: Tealsic
By Leviathan.Tealsic 2011-11-17 12:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

toad with GH, APOC, RR = OMG(Imagine with pet haste gear)
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-17 13:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mallicard said: »

A bst using the turtle pet, then running to the battle and getting started. Shortly after he engages he looks around...where is my pet.

Better yet, VNM hunting and going far in one direction after failing to pin it down. Then finally poping it and your turtle is no where to be seen.

Movement penalties aren't likely to exist with the jug pet. Its alright been established that the walking impact won't be present.
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-11-17 13:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet the frog and its no special moves is gonna be better than the scorpion would have been.
[+]
 Siren.Mallicard
user: Mallicard
By Siren.Mallicard 2011-11-17 13:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »

Movement penalties aren't likely to exist with the jug pet. Its alright been established that the walking impact won't be present.

Regardless, still made me laugh.
 Valefor.Angeluzun
Server: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2011-11-17 13:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Err where exactly has this "been established?" I see no reason to believe that the turtle will move at normal running speed. Hell, I sure hope it DOESN'T keep up with me... I don't need the added tremor effect those things have when chasing you.
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2011-11-17 13:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

devopement team said no walking impact will be present for the turtle, if you search dev threads, should be able to find it.

I see a lot of hate for the frog, shouldn't this be a BLM type pet? that might be interesting/fun. would also explain the no abilities thing, if the little *** was casting magic
 Bismarck.Diki
Server: Bismarck
user: Dharshi
By Bismarck.Diki 2011-11-17 13:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I see a lot of hate for the frog...

Probably because it's being added as a low level joke pet for display purposes [afaik]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-17 13:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They specifically said that the frog is a vanity pet and nothing more. It will have no unique abilities or traits. They even asked on the official forums when people were asking for it if this was okay and if they'd still want the frog, and people said yes. All in all you can blame dumbfucks that lick windows for your not-scorpion-walrus-scorwalrusine frog.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2011-11-17 13:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
They specifically said that the frog is a vanity pet and nothing more. It will have no unique abilities or traits. They even asked on the official forums when people were asking for it if this was okay and if they'd still want the frog, and people said yes. All in all you can blame dumbfucks that lick windows for your not-scorpion-walrus-scorwalrusine frog.

wow that is god damn stupid...

I guess that'll teach me for not putting myself through the torment of the "Offical" forums >.<
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2011-11-17 13:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else looking forward to the possibility of the Hippogryph being a cheaper Treasure Hunter jug?
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-11-17 13:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would it be cheaper?
Supply & Demand etc.
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2011-11-17 14:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 100 cooking at my disposal. With DipperYuly, the lesser chigoes are a pain to get, so if the mats are relatively common, I don't have to go by what the AH is selling them for anyway.
 Bismarck.Diki
user: Dharshi
By Bismarck.Diki 2011-11-17 14:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

More so hoping to see some pet take Lucky's place as top DD, or top tank.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-17 14:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything I foresee Hippo and Turtle being somewhat expensive/rare jugs.

I'm just hoping one of these ends up being alchemy for a change. :C
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-11-17 14:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the Cactuar jug 1000 needs 100% accurate? I always thought it was cool that BST had that but nobody ever used it outside of one video I saw of a ton of them killing Suzaku with it. Get a high level Cactuar!
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-17 14:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Is the Cactuar jug 1000 needs 100% accurate? I always thought it was cool that BST had that but nobody ever used it outside of one video I saw of a ton of them killing Suzaku with it. Get a high level Cactuar!

I know it works like the actual mob TP move rather than the BLU spell, so I don't think it can miss. Might be wrong there. In any case Sabotender is really the only jug Alchemy can make aside from low level mandies :C we didn't even get flowerpot merle
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-11-17 15:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

1000 Needles cant miss, sadly its only good when used by alot of Amigo's (as shown in that video) because he has relatively crappy HP and it consumes 3 charges

Edit: FROG!
 Leviathan.Goldengreg
By Leviathan.Goldengreg 2011-11-18 02:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I was a little bit out of date, we got new jugs?
A toad, a turtle and...?
By Erocent 2011-11-18 03:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

•Beastmasters will be able to call four new familiars with the Call Beast ability. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/17017
 Quetzalcoatl.Mavix
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mavix 2011-11-18 03:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

GOZIRRAAAA!!!!

Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-11-18 05:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »
I have 100 cooking at my disposal. With DipperYuly, the lesser chigoes are a pain to get, so if the mats are relatively common, I don't have to go by what the AH is selling them for anyway.

Thing is yuly materials arnt that hard to get just people got really stupid with price they willing to pay. Originally chigoes was worthless then yully came out and went to 80k a stack then 120k annd sat at that then a server merger happen and all suden chigoe price shot to 300k! While yuly prices drop from around 120k to 60-80k. People just bit themselfs in the *** severally hampering if not down right eliminating any profit for themself by buying the chigoes at such a mark up.

Edit: the frog could be if its not low level and hasthe proper strngth levels (be nice if u could control 2 or 3 at once seeing thats kinda how they act as mobs). Far as being mages unlikly that would work cus 1 its the evolved for of frogs that are mages and mor eor least beastmen and 2 the ready system isnt really setup for spells. Only mob bst could ever use that cast was hexeyes and useing sic when they didnt have tp for a random spell cast. OF course if they just a show pet that would be really stupid for a game that keeps complaining about resource limitations for various systems.
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
Server: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-11-18 05:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said: »
Odin.Tsuneo said: »

Thing is yuly materials arnt that hard to get just people got really stupid with price they willing to pay. Originally chigoes was worthless then yully came out and went to 80k a stack then 120k annd sat at that then a server merger happen and all suden chigoe price shot to 300k! While yuly prices drop from around 120k to 60-80k. People just bit themselfs in the *** severally hampering if not down right eliminating any profit for themself by buying the chigoes at such a mark up.

Edit: the frog could be if its not low level and hasthe proper strngth levels (be nice if u could control 2 or 3 at once seeing thats kinda how they act as mobs). Far as being mages unlikly that would work cus 1 its the evolved for of frogs that are mages and mor eor least beastmen and 2 the ready system isnt really setup for spells. Only mob bst could ever use that cast was hexeyes and useing sic when they didnt have tp for a random spell cast. OF course if they just a show pet that would be really stupid for a game that keeps complaining about resource limitations for various systems.

The frog is level ~40 and has no TP moves, it's a joke pet probably aimed at the French since they didn't even vote for a BST pet.
[+]
 Leviathan.Goldengreg
By Leviathan.Goldengreg 2011-11-19 08:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I would have loved to vote but when the pay system changed, I had to wait a new Credi Card to buy some stupid crystas, and in the meantime wasn't able to connect the forum :(
Not much french BST, a lot of them bandwagoned SAM in 07~08
(protip: if you don't have any active character, you can't post even if you have a SE Members account)
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-11-19 09:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
I bet the frog and its no special moves is gonna be better than the scorpion would have been.

They said it would be exactly this, as well as be lvl 24 or something.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-11-19 13:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »

I tested it on the test server, it DOES have a walking penalty, lol.
Also one thing SE kept very quiet, Pet food Theta! (level 96)
That's also on the test server D:
First Page 2