The Best Voidwatch Set Up (finding The Maxima?)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » The best Voidwatch Set up (finding the maxima?)
The best Voidwatch Set up (finding the maxima?)
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-10-25 13:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

bringing a thief is pretty... well...
I don't. lol

Next voidwatch chapter:
"mob is weak to thief abilities"

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-25 13:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jadecc said: »
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
TH also enhances lights though, doesn't it?
1% for each level of TH, so TH10 would give 10% to all lights at the end

Except, it can't make it go past the 500% pre-periapt-cap. So if you're already getting the 350% + 150% from capping lights and using cells, it does nothing.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-10-25 13:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it does if it's capped, but not 100% sure.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-25 13:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »
Asura.Jadecc said: »
1% for each level of TH, so TH10 would give 10% to all lights at the end

Except, it can't make it go past the 500% pre-periapt-cap. So if you're already getting the 350% + 150% from capping lights and using cells, it does nothing.
Understood.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-25 13:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

In other words, there's absolutely no reason to bring a THF to Voidwatch, whatsoever.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-10-25 13:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

or bst >.> idc what you say, i can't justify bringing a bst.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-10-25 13:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyokaku said: »
Sorry for double post, wanted to respond:
Quote:
I don't have blu high enough but how do they get around procking with the reset and downtime problem?

I tell my BLUs, at the sake of not being useless, to only reset there spells for an attempt at HQ when all temps will be restored. if they tried for every element proc, HQ or NQ, well, that'd be silly.

You can still contribute during the downtime as well, BLU should be in DD pt and getting regain so they can run up and WS with temps with other DDs when doing blitz, have CDC helps a lot in terms of dmg contribution, but vorpal/sanguine is still acceptable if geared right. If you /WHM or /SCH, you can also contribute with erase/-na or AoE stoneskin during downtime. I play BLU a lot in VW, and IMO it's pretty fun since it requires more timing and thinking to contribute, need to work on CDC for more zerg dmg though ;<
 Asura.Jadecc
Server: Asura
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-10-25 13:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

or bst >.> idc what you say, i can't justify bringing a bst.
i see monster abilities quite often actually :/ that and wyvern abilities

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-10-25 13:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
lol made me smile picturing 18 Nursery Nazuna's like at 80 cap when we saw Carabosse

Pil fighting 18 sheep and the BSTs using MDB axes lol
for the win
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-10-25 13:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

But when they die, what do they do for 5 mins?
charm a...

o wait
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-25 13:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Mythic WS have proc'd, and theres some evidence for it on BG, wether or not those two weapon skills in particular proc, i couldn't tell you :\.

Rumor has it, some weapons that have less skills then other use mythic ws to make up for the fact.
One of the reported WS was Death Blossom; sword has the highest amount of potential WS procs even without mythic WS so I really doubt that's the case. Personally I think it's ***, 8+ VWNMs 3 times a week and have never seen a mythic WS proc.

Quote:
How did you use a war to tank Pil or Kaggen without having to cure bomb it every single time a monster did something? (I'm not doubting you or anything, just curious.) Even with -50PDT i think it could be too rough
It's really not that bad with -DT sets, I've tanked NMs on NIN and BLU a few times when our PLDs were weakened and had no issues whatsoever.
 Asura.Jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-10-25 13:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

stagger em, only send half, or 1/3rd at a time
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-10-25 13:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i can personally attest to Tachi: Rana procing and Stringing Pummel.

or it could be like abyssea, and if you use raging rush super close to when someone did aero III, you'd get the message about the war proccing yellow with raging rush.

it could be ***. I'm not sure.
 Bismarck.Aerison
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-10-25 13:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've proc'd with atonement, mythic can proc.

edit: only thing I haven't seen proc are relic ws and empyrean ws.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-25 13:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well damn, now I feel bad for all the times I've said "it's Blast shot, we don't have it!" and could have been Leaden Salute instead <_<'
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-25 13:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
This is probably the most "well we're gonna kill it at least, god damn it" as you can get. The tank party usually only needs 1 PLD, (ochain for kaggen, aegis for pil), and usually it dosent matter what you have on kirin wanna be, since ochain and aegis perform similarly on him. (and i believe melee jobs work just as well on him.)

I am humbly asking for your thoughts and opinions, as to what the "perfect" voidwatch set up is for the extremely difficult fights. and yes, before someone comes in here and trolls and says pil is super easy, good for you.

Nothing is really that hard, you can have a similar setup to your 'easy fight' setup(which I think you over-killed on buffing classes but w/e), just with more healing power.

I'd have PLDx2, WHMx2~3, RDM(in tank party), BLMx2, then the rest can be filled with (preferably useful) proc jobs, and this will work for all of the harder NMs. The most important part of these fights honestly is -DT gear on the PLDs (and melee and whoever gets hit by stuff). You should be proccing frequently enough that you don't need a COR or Twilight Scythe DRK to get through Pil's defenses, but if for some reason you suck at procs you should probably bring both. I might be forgetting something but whatevs.
 Cerberus.Wojo
Server: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-25 13:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »
Have all magic procs. Useful drops all fall into the first slot, so increasing the quantity of rewards is basically getting you more logs. Cap Blue anyway if you can, but if you're missing some melee procs it's not the end of the world.

logwatch :)
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-10-25 13:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

bringing a thief is pretty... well...
I don't. lol

Next voidwatch chapter:
"mob is weak to thief abilities"

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Does THF still good for enmity control for fights like this? I know nobody gives a damn about THF being enmity control DD nowadays, but it's still better than nothing since it still has WS proc.

Also if Mythic WS can proc then it's kinda lame, now every BLM SCH RDM BRD all needs mythic WS unlocked for VW ;( ;(
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-10-25 13:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thief can perform ok, but DNC can proc everything thief can
*save maybe mandalic stab*

And dnc can do more when sitting on the sidelines.

As for hate control... everyone hits the hate cap pretty quickky. Idk what one single thief is going to be able to do.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-25 14:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

As for hate control... everyone hits the hate cap pretty quickky. Idk what one single thief is going to be able to do.

Mythic's don't proc, people are crazy. :s

/DNC frees up a proc spot, since no offense, DNC isn't exactly super useful.

There's not much you can do for hate control, the harder mobs have hate resets and other nasty things, and hate caps so fast, and basically they're useless.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-25 14:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said: »

Mythic's don't proc, people are crazy. :s

/DNC frees up a proc spot, since no offense, DNC isn't exactly super useful.

There's not much you can do for hate control, the harder mobs have hate resets and other nasty things, and hate caps so fast, and basically they're useless.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, brd nin etc. get a majority of the dagger procs (sans Shark Bite/Dancing Edge), and those would easily be made up by bringing something entirely new that's /dnc like (I guess) BST for those dreaded "The fiend appears highly vulnerable to Dragonfly Pet abilities."

I swear every time I see something like that it reminds me how ridiculous voidwatch is. Able to easily destroy adventurers with my Mega-Death Ray IV but god forbid Sneaky Seasel uses Cursed sphere for 3 points of damage
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-25 14:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Wulfshadow said: »
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, brd nin etc. get a majority of the dagger procs (sans Shark Bite/Dancing Edge), and those would easily be made up by bringing something entirely new that's /dnc like (I guess) BST for those dreaded "The fiend appears highly vulnerable to Dragonfly Pet abilities."

I swear every time I see something like that it reminds me how ridiculous voidwatch is. Able to easily destroy adventurers with my Mega-Death Ray IV but god forbid Sneaky Seasel uses Cursed sphere for 3 points of damage

We've gotten along just fine without BST, but it's still depressing to get pet messages. ; -;
 Phoenix.Deboro
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-10-25 15:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lack or a Rng is losing archery / Marks / Rng abil obv. Also Rng out performs any other DD right now in VW by miles, and an armeggedon cor will beat 90% of DD's aswell. So get rid of some of those high hate blm's for low hate Cor's
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-25 15:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

My ideal setup, since I didn't post it:

PLD
WAR (preferably Bravura or Ukon)
DRK (preferably Apoc, if not switch placement of SAM and DRK)
WHM
BRD
SMN

COR
RNG (preferably Yoichi or Anni)
SAM
DRG
DNC
SCH

BLM
RDM
NIN
BLU
BST
PUP/MNK

May want to switch the SAM and the DRK depending on gear. BRD and SMN are in charge of hasting and Erase/-nas for the tank party, RDM may want to /BLM to help with stuns. Excluding the possibility of mythic WS procs, the only proc this setup can't cover is Asuran Fists.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-25 15:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

people bring 18 man alliances to VW? my ls is doin is mad wrong then lol... we try to low-man, though we do get f****d on lights ><
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-10-25 15:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
people bring 18 man alliances to VW? my ls is doin is mad wrong then lol... we try to low-man, though we do get f****d on lights ><
The benefits to lowman is not having to gather a large group and at times having better coordination. Usually lowmanning benefits in having less people to split spoils with but for VW that isn't the case and thus you're better off bringing as many as you can since you won't get anything less from it. It just makes it easier to have the procs you need and inflict massive pain during staggers for better lights.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-25 15:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

oh we still do business on staggers lol... we usually run 1-2 Masas, 1 kannagi, 1 almace, and we have somebody with arma and ukon, but they sometimes rotate the healer/blm roles
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-25 15:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's entirely possible to cover *most* procs with a strong setup, but you do risk failing to cap lights in the process. Drop the RNG in favor of SAM/RNG, drop the DRG, drop the DNC and have the NIN go /DNC, etc. Once they make helices available from sub SCH will be one of the first jobs to get cut.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-11-18 11:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done a handful of Voidwatch runs with Japanese groups recently, and they've been fairly consistent with the alliance set-ups. With (of course) some variation, it's been:

PLD
PLD
WHM
WHM
WAR
WAR

MNK
NIN
WHM
RNG
SAM
DRG or SAM or RNG

BLM
BLM
DRK
DRK
WHM
THF

Although it's annoying when you get stuck with avatar, BST pet, or automaton abilities, in my experience, if the WAR/DRK/SAM/RNG/DRG/NIN/MNK/THF know what they are supposed to be doing, then pet jobs procs aren't an issue that can't be overcome fairly easily. I personally would advocate for a BLU in the alliance, and possibly a RDM, too. However, as long as the DRKs and NINs are willing to stay out of melee/AOE range some of the time to assist the BLMs with Magic procs, then getting Magic procs isn't a big problem even without BLU (and RDM).

One thing I've picked-up on (and this probably isn't news to many at this point) is making sure to use "sure-thing" proc abilities like Enmity Douse and Blade Bash get used when the NM is casting a spell. This ensures that you get a large bonus in Blue spectral alignment "light".