The Best Voidwatch Set Up (finding The Maxima?)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » The best Voidwatch Set up (finding the maxima?)
The best Voidwatch Set up (finding the maxima?)
First Page 2 3
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-10-25 12:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have long pondered since voidwatch came out the best possible way to organize an alliance to ensure maximum lights every fight, while maximizing kill speed and kill consistency. What I'm trying to say is, i guess, and as to the purpose of this post, is what have you all done to work in this easily overbearing event?

I think, if we are killing something very easy like voidwrought, any Jeuno T1 or T2, or even some zilart NMs, the best alliance is this for maximizing lights:

Pld
Pld
Whm
Sch
Brd
War

Blm
Smn
Blu
cor/brd
blm
rdm

cor
nin OR WHM
sam
drg OR WHM
pup/mnk
drk

That alliance is pretty much self explanitory. With kaggen's regain atma, the save tp +20 atma, and cor giving tp, procing blue lights with melee is all but too easy. They can even stay out of the aoe range! (Lol thats the point!) The Nin, blu, and blm, cover all the red procs (even if the blue has to reset spells every minute for the HQ lights), and the smn's for the bloodpact specific abilities. The pup/mnk allows for chi blast, and all hand to hand but ascetics fury and asuran fists (and if you bring a mnk you loose strining pummel!) so it's net loss of 1 h2h WS, but the net gain of all the pup procs.

However, i have found that on some NMs, maximizing lights just isn't good enough nor safe enough. Kaggen is deemed relatively easy, but it can go wrong in some poorly timed situations and bad luck. When it chooses to jump up and down, for example, 20 *** times in a row. Thats an exaggeration, of course, but i can't explain how much a jumping mantis pisses me off. So in light of this, and especially with the case of pil, i tend to use an alliance set up like this...

pld
pld OR WAR
whm OR NIN
whm
rdm OR WAR OR NIN
brd

cor
blm
blm
blm
brd
smn

cor
smn
smn
blm
blm
smn

This is probably the most "well we're gonna kill it at least, god damn it" as you can get. The tank party usually only needs 1 PLD, (ochain for kaggen, aegis for pil), and usually it dosent matter what you have on kirin wanna be, since ochain and aegis perform similarly on him. (and i believe melee jobs work just as well on him.)

I am humbly asking for your thoughts and opinions, as to what the "perfect" voidwatch set up is for the extremely difficult fights. and yes, before someone comes in here and trolls and says pil is super easy, good for you.

ib4:
pil is easy
who cares about voidwatch
ps2 limitations
smn sucks
only red light matters
lol
battlefield 3 came out today

Thank you very much :)
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2011-10-25 12:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

18 Claustrum SMNs.
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-10-25 12:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
18 Claustrum SMNs.

You could probably kill the thing but land 1 proc if that?
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-25 12:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks interesting, definitely will take these set ups into consideration when/if my ls gets into voidwatch :)
Shame people generally don't feel the effort is worth the reward, I find the event itself very enjoyable
 Asura.Jadecc
Server: Asura
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-10-25 12:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

im pretty sure stringing pummel and ascetic fury arent procs, also i'd suggest a smn in the tank party for earthen armor/acherzo combo.. all the harder VW ive been in lately havn't used pld tanks at all tho, usually war or mnk, bar aello.

edit: pup gets all h2h besides asuran fists w/o /mnk anyway having chi blast is a nice idea tho
 Cerberus.Wojo
Server: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-25 12:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
18 Claustrum SMNs.

18 blms stun order and stackin ja spells.
 Asura.Jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-10-25 12:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wojo said: »
18 Claustrum SMNs.

all? VW gain resistance to stun after a while
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-10-25 12:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
im pretty sure stringing pummel and ascetic fury arent procs, also i'd suggest a smn in the tank party for earthen armor/acherzo combo.. all the harder VW ive been in lately havn't used pld tanks at all tho, usually war or mnk, bar aello.

Mythic WS have proc'd, and theres some evidence for it on BG, wether or not those two weapon skills in particular proc, i couldn't tell you :\.

Rumor has it, some weapons that have less skills then other use mythic ws to make up for the fact.

How did you use a war to tank Pil or Kaggen without having to cure bomb it every single time a monster did something? (I'm not doubting you or anything, just curious.) Even with -50PDT i think it could be too rough
 Cerberus.Wojo
Server: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-25 12:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jadecc said: »
Cerberus.Wojo said: »
18 Claustrum SMNs.

all? VW gain resistance to stun after a while

I dont know, I just wanna see 18 blms do something, anything, i think it would be cool hah.
 Asura.Jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-10-25 12:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyokaku said: »
Quote:

Mythic WS have proc'd, and theres some evidence for it on BG, wether or not those two weapon skills in particular proc, i couldn't tell you :\.

Rumor has it, some weapons that have less skills then other use mythic ws to make up for the fact.

How did you use a war to tank Pil or Kaggen without having to cure bomb it every single time a monster did something? (I'm not doubting you or anything, just curious.) Even with -50PDT i think it could be too rough
Did not know mythic WSs could proc, you would have to ask sakima from asura, he's teh one thats been spamming kaggen and pil using heavy DD as tanks, war mnk etc. I think each tank has their own whm.. but they never really seemed to have that much trouble. Spamming fanatics drinks and triggering often anthing can tank i'd imagine :p
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-10-25 12:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Did not know mythic WSs could proc, you would have to ask sakima from asura, he's teh one thats been spamming kaggen and pil using heavy DD as tanks, war mnk etc. I think each tank has their own whm.. but they never really seemed to have that much trouble. Spamming fanatics drinks and triggering often anthing can tank i'd imagine :p

Totally! Until an HQ proc is
"vulnerable to eft family special abilities."
 Asura.Jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-10-25 12:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Totally! Until an HQ proc is
"vulnerable to eft family special abilities."
lol! need to squeeze a bst in there somewhere! XD
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2011-10-25 12:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

after watching some jp's do void, it seems the most important thing is to cap lights at higher tiers, aside from the new kirin which is zerged. it also seems void is also aimed more towards random groups being made with the perfect job set up in mind if u dont have a good enough ls with enough members. which explains the way the loot is handled. from what ive seen it seems its intended for the more advanced players to get together in a close to perfect set up and basicly kill pretty fast just not mindlessly, after 1st proc u just see proc proc proc lol. with the most of the KI's u get like 2x of all the temps and 2 atmacites, mix this with procs being spammed and the correct set up, it makes it allot easier, its a proc game.

what i seen to work best is a standard tank pt. and a dd party like this: cor sch 4 diff DD's. dont gotta bother with hasting them, the regain and wings as well as procs being spammed is enough to keep the procs comming and killing at a decent speed. war nin drk mnk pld blu sam or rng seems to work very well as far as ws procs go, the nin blu and drk cover allot of magic as well.

personally ive seen this to be a good set up and rape for the dd pt: sch cor sam drk war mnk.

3rd pt being blu blm and w/e else for more procs, stuns and/or support.

and of course there is def not 1 set up that will work for all the nm. can easily adjust accordingly and still pwn the proc game.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-10-25 12:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Any DD can tank by spamming fanatic and rotate fanatic with other DDs if you proc fast enough to recharge temps.

But you must proc fast enough though, so kinda only works with perfect setup and everyone has temp item KI.

Pld
Pld
Whm
Sch
Brd
War

Blm
Smn
Blu
cor/brd
blm
rdm

cor
nin OR WHM
sam
drg OR WHM
pup/mnk
drk

IMO SMN is better in tank pt for earthen armor, you don't really need 2 PLDs since you want diverse job spread so try not to repeat. I haven't done zilart VW fights so maybe some NM with adds does need 2, but most of the lower tier/higher tier(including Jeuno T3) doesn't 2 need IMO.

SCH should be DD pt since they can regain(although regain benefits PLD as well) NIN and DRG is pretty much must have for san spell and angon, so there are no option to replace them, if you want to replace them for WHM replace the jobs that's repeated. Also why /BRD on COR? I also don't see the benefit of using more than 1 COR and sacrifice job spread unless fighting Pil since this job doesn't have any unique proc(unless Nyzul WS confirmed can proc) and SCH+atmacite can regain the pt just fine but SCH has unique proc.

PLD
WHM
RDM
SMN
BRD or SAM
WAR

BLM
BLU
BLM
NIN
SCH
WHM

COR
DRK
DRG
WHM
PUP
RNG

This way should get most of procs covered, and both proc pt has regain. Still missing THF or DNC for dagger though cuz I couldn't find a place to fit it in unless sacrifice COR in 3rd pt and rely on temp item/atmacite/SJ SAM for TP.
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-10-25 12:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Any DD can tank by spamming fanatic and rotate fanatic with other DDs if you proc fast enough to recharge temps.

But you must proc fast enough though, so kinda only works with perfect setup and everyone has temp item KI.

Sometimes though that can be quite a difficult feat. Depending on the proc, and luck, of course. An example is "polearm". Only a handful of jobs can hit them all. Archery, is another. Valoredge frame whatever is another annoying one. Don't get me started on SCH ja...
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-25 12:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valoredge shouldn't be hard to proc if you know what you're doing...but I guess finding a proc with a ws from a mage frame must suck.
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-10-25 12:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the point im trying to make is, those fanatics drinks dont last long. And it dosent take pil or kaggen long to PMS and rape a war and/or mnk or the really gutsy ninja
 Asura.Jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-10-25 12:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i do believe the automaton gets your atmacite also, so hope you have the regain atmacite :D, also switching tp with your automaton, shoudln't be too hard to get a few different WSs in
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-25 12:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah sorry, just got stuck on the sentence as I was reading.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-25 12:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Have all magic procs. Useful drops all fall into the first slot, so increasing the quantity of rewards is basically getting you more logs. Cap Blue anyway if you can, but if you're missing some melee procs it's not the end of the world.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-25 13:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have blu high enough but how do they get around procking with the reset and downtime problem?
 Asura.Jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-10-25 13:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i would imagine you switch to all light spells when someone calls light, and if someone procs it already you sitch to all the next element called lol
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-10-25 13:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Have all magic procs. Useful drops all fall into the first slot, so increasing the quantity of rewards is basically getting you more logs. Cap Blue anyway if you can, but if you're missing some melee procs it's not the end of the world.

You're totally right but recently,

someone said they had "absolute proof" one could get "double" good drops at one time. An example, strendu ring and mail. Red is reward quality, meaning if its capped, you have a better shot at nice things, but could it be true blue assists in getting a lucky double?

Of course, i have never in my career seen this happen so i dont believe it.

Additionally, i bring melee procs, not necessarily for the blue light, but for the temp item recharges.
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-10-25 13:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for double post, wanted to respond:
Quote:
I don't have blu high enough but how do they get around procking with the reset and downtime problem?

I tell my BLUs, at the sake of not being useless, to only reset there spells for an attempt at HQ when all temps will be restored. if they tried for every element proc, HQ or NQ, well, that'd be silly.
 Asura.Jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-10-25 13:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

its also possible that each item in the pool has a chance at being a good item, and that good item just appears at the top of the list. Its also possible that if one item is a good item the rest can't be. like...
log
log
ingot
SEXBODY
ingot
but then SEXBODY just appears at the top of the list. if you only got 3 items u would have gotten log, log, ingot, and missed out on the SEXBODY
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-25 13:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If you really want melee procs, I'd throw either a DNC or someone /DNC in there.

I'd lean toward a DNC main (with Twashtar), as they can do all dagger procs (of which there are a lot), have a unique step proc that /DNC can't get, are more useful and durable than a THF (the only other job with all dagger procs), and are capable of dealing significant spikes during blitz.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-25 13:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

TH also enhances lights though, doesn't it?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-25 13:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

lol
 Asura.Jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-10-25 13:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
1% for each level of TH, so TH10 would give 10% to all lights at the end
First Page 2 3