Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Average Rudra's Storm Damage on DNC
Average Rudra's Storm Damage on DNC
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-17 23:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno about that, I've missed before. I've seen two messages for when a stun doesn't go off, you either miss completely, or you hit and don't get notice of a stun.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-17 23:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I don't know how it works yet but I'm sitting here swinging with a staff and 50% Accuracy but with VF hitting/stunning 95% of the time. It either gets a gigantic accuracy bonus (inconsistent with my experiences) or its accuracy is based on something else (perhaps magical accuracy or dagger skill).
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-17 23:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I think you meant relic body and not af3.

But I've definitely missed completely, or landed the physical and missed the stun. So I don't know.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-17 23:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
I don't even like my WHM mule enough to make it a "good WHM mule." No Cure potency staff. No Refresh beyond Noble's and Serpentes Cuffs. No TH Sash, nothing. I still pull in 250 currency unless JPs are camping all up in my grill.

Also, something you guys might find interesting. I should have more conclusive results for you tomorrow.

That's really strange o_O
Are you sure it doesn't have a potent accuracy bonus to the melee hit, since it also depends on magic accuracy for the stun effect to land? Could be some sort of balancing mechanism in place?
Edit: too slow.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-18 06:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just anecdotally, I feel fairly confident that I've had an uncapped hit rate with Violent Flourish before.

758/802 Violent Flourishes landed (94.5%)

I can't find a single example where Violent Flourish lands and doesn't stun him, but they're hard to automatically search for. I'm going to let it run to a thousand flourishes before I do any more analysis, and then I'll go make some Blinding Potions.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-18 06:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Try a target more likely to resist the stun effect? I know when soloing Hedjedjet I had V.Flourish both miss completely and have the stun effect resisted during Breakgas -- both events which I narrowly survived and hence are strong in my memory. To be honest, I don't remember a time where I've had an uncapped hit rate with VF, but I went most of my career without Etoile body, so I definitely remember a time where the stun never landed ever.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-18 07:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, we know:
* It uses the base damage and fSTR of the weapon I'm using.
* It uses the attack of the weapon I'm using (I think), which depends on the type of weapon.
* It can't crit.

I have parse with an 80% Violent Flourish land rate in Dynamis Bastok (23/28). I have another parse with a 70% Violent Flourish land rate in Dynamis Sandy (30/44). This is against EP monsters, so I think it's fairly safe to say that my melee accuracy was capped.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-18 07:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Earlier, I was getting ridiculous Violent Flourishes with Minuet + Berserk up, so I think #2 is a pretty safe assumption.

Before I got AF2 body, I used to swear that the stun effect was more accurate on piercing-weak targets.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-18 07:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I just saw a flourish that didn't stun.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-18 07:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm taking my new pitchfork to Abi-Taro to see if I can VF stuff.

Edit: Missed completely 3 times in a row without Casaque. Missed 2/3 times with Casaque.

My melee accuracy is absolutely floored at 53 polearm skill (I can't hit this thing to save my life).
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-18 07:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

6 more VFs in TP gear and my Pitchfork, 2 connected.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-18 07:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried 3 with Ascetics tonic, missed all 3. Tried 5 with Stalwart's Gambir and landed 4 of them.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-18 07:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so just a ridiculous hit rate bonus. I can't automate that because I have no way to get finishing moves/keep up TP unless I can fairly reliably land Steps (>50% rate).
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-18 07:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing they figured we're already subject to a MACC check on Violent Flourish so they were nice and gave the actual hit a huge acc bonus like they did for single-hit weapons kills.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-18 07:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

That big acc bonus actually applies to the first hit of every weaponskill, it's just that it matters more for single hit ones because they don't need any Acc in gear.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-18 07:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I meant, but I haven't slept much :D
By javelinx 2011-10-18 08:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That big acc bonus actually applies to the first hit of every weaponskill, it's just that it matters more for single hit ones because they don't need any Acc in gear.

not that acc doesn't matter for 2handers on single hit ws's, it just doesn't matter nearly as much. fudo's from a lvl 95 sam with lvl 90 skills on a t3 jueno VW, with not much acc in the ws build (e.g. byrnie+1 instead of t.mail) will fall below acc cap on ws, even with capped skill it might be cutting it close. And the acc bonus for those ws's is NOT factored into DA/TA procs, which is where your really big damage comes from as a 2hander, which is why many(if not most) relic/emp sam's have switched to t.mail(now ace's if you've got it) for the acc on any da procs....a bit off topic, but o well.

on topic, doing VF as sam/dnc with amano i rarely miss VF, but very often miss the stun, granted i have a butt load of acc in tp build for VF's, so it's very likely that the acc of the stun is not only MACC based, but that that MACC is based on CHR? do we know which stat this macc is based on, e.g.slow/para mind based MACC, ele nukes int based MACC. just something to test further with diff atmas that only raise that particular stat...it would make sense to me that it's chr based
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-18 09:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Summarized my results here. I can't do much more with it until I go renew my MATLAB license, which is something I should probably do anyway. =p
By Darkzeru 2011-10-18 10:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I never paid too much attention as far as rate for VF but most of the time both hits would land (the hit and the stun) of course I have those random wth moments where it'll land but doesnt stun. ><

I feel stupid because for the past 3 months I didn't pay attention to my step macro and it was Feather instead of Stutter......that more then likely could of made the difference lol
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-18 16:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, level 75 Dancer vs. level 77 Hpemde = 99% stun land rate still. It's going to be hard for me to figure much (anything) out about the MAcc boost of Etoile Casaque. Still, I have no doubt that the boost it gives makes it the best piece for that slot and I already own it, so I won't be ditching it.

I recently updated this page. The graph we'd be interested in for Violent Flourish is the left one. I suspect that Violent Flourish' Stun has two resist states, although it could have more. It certainly doesn't have only one.

The other relevant page is this. If you look at them together, you'll see that if the body was 20 MAcc then it would still boost you 15% Stun land rate whether it moved you from 40 to 50% M Hit Rate or from 50 to 70% M Hit Rate.

My next idea is to sync to 61, use a dagger, and check out what floored MHit Rate looks like. If the floor is 20%, I should be able to tell how many resist states it has using the graph discussed above. The more resist states it has, the more likely a paltry amount of MAcc gear will bring the resist rate from almost-total to almost-unresistable.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-18 17:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm "anecdotally" sure the floor for Violent Flourish's stun effect is far below 20%.

Either that or the stun effect from VF is in a different category from "stun" and mobs can be specifically resistant to VF but not to Stun itself.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-18 19:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

More Rudra's fun!

Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-20 10:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I have confirmed that the stun proc rate can be very low. Parsing around 3~5% stun proc rate as a level 61 Dancer vs. 77 Hpemde. I think I'm going to level my mule's monk slowly and keep repeating the test synced to it. This may (someday) give me the ability to quantify what Stutter Step does.

Also, I did more Step Acc testing and the numbers I came up with the last time still fit.

I think I'm going to stick with updating the BG mathy parts with new findings. Reposting everything here is somewhat tedious.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-20 10:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I have confirmed that the stun proc rate can be very low. Parsing around 3~5% stun proc rate as a level 61 Dancer vs. 77 Hpemde. I think I'm going to level my mule's monk slowly and keep repeating the test synced to it. This may (someday) give me the ability to quantify what Stutter Step does.

Also, I did more Step Acc testing and the numbers I came up with the last time still fit.

I think I'm going to stick with updating the BG mathy parts with new findings. Reposting everything here is somewhat tedious.
If you want to bother with the test server, I believe you can set your exact level there. I mean, I know windower is a little funky on it, but it shouldn't be anything too detrimental to testing
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-20 10:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't parse on the test server, otherwise I would try it there.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-10-20 10:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

just saiyan, if it comes down to it you could do it manually since violent flourish is on a fixed recast, it wouldn't be too hard to just make a tally if you really want to do it.

But I understand what you're saying, why do that when you have a mule to do that stuff for you :p
 Valefor.Hayleyrose
Server: Valefor
user: Tyurru
By Valefor.Hayleyrose 2011-10-20 13:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Had some fun stupid NM wont drop my NIN neck lol 0/11
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-20 13:50:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's mostly just a feasibility issue really. If I can't automate it, I can't collect a statistically significant sample size.

For instance, if the stun rate is actually 30%, I'd need a sample size of 323 to confirm it within +/-5%. At 20 seconds per violent flourish, that's 108 minutes. Realistically (because Step accuracy is way uncapped, Violent Flourish Acc is uncapped, and I have no way to make TP except Reverse Flourish and meditate) it'd be closer to 3 hours.

In the long run, I think it'll be easier to just level my mule's monk slowly and repeat the test overnight. Higher accuracy and less work, small chance of getting banned for blatantly automating something. I'm pretty sure I have 0 strikes though, so maybe they'd forgive me.
 Valefor.Hayleyrose
Server: Valefor
user: Tyurru
By Valefor.Hayleyrose 2011-10-21 12:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Also messing around outside abby, he made me a Sweet Cup of Tea ^^