Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-25 01:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Since you complained about the h2h reference, say we use this instead

You swing and TA procs. OA procs as well, and TA procs on the second OA swing. You just did 6 attacks in a round. And you tell me they don't stack?

It doesn't work like that.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-25 01:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Since you complained about the h2h reference, say we use this instead

You swing and TA procs. OA procs as well, and TA procs on the second OA swing. You just did 6 attacks in a round. And you tell me they don't stack?
Find me proof you have 6 attacks per round. Don't tell me ***like "well if they stacked you could get 6." No ***, been saying that all night. The problem is, you can only get upwards of 4, even the guy that brought it up said 4, if they stacked, you'd get 6. Find me proof of a 6 hit, no offhand weapons or H2H. THEN I'll say that stack, until then, they both proc on initial hit.

Seriously, by your logic, kick attacks stack with DA.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-25 01:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Stacking isn't the same as both proccing on the initial hit. Because the way you're saying it, Kick Attacks stack on DA too, which if that were true, I'd be kicking upwards of 8 times per round with DA kick AF3 set procs, correct? I mean it's the same logic you're throwing out.

There isn't a single test showing 6 hit on a love halberd, 4? Yes because you got your intial hit, +2 hits from the TA, and +1 more hit from the OAT. That isn't stacking, that is both proccing in the same round. Stacking would be initial hit, +2 from TA, +1 OAT on intial, +2 more for each proc on each extra hit on the TA.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-25 01:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll quote the guy everyone is defending, even with his edit.

Quote:
If you want to do that, why not pick up a temp axe? 39 dmg, 276 dly and the Da on it is 55% and stacks with regular DA and even triple attack( resulting in 3-4 attacks on the temp axe))

4!
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2011-10-25 01:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess a better way of saying it would be the Oat from jailer weapons "adds onto the original swing" and Triple attack or double attack can also add onto the original swing in that same round.

Most OAT make it so TA/DA won't add onto the swing it also procs on.

they're right though, Love halbard will only swing 4 times max if you triple attack and a virtue stone procs, 2 extra rounds from TA, 1 from Virtue stones and the original swing.

DA/TA will not add onto Virtue stone procs, but they will combine with a virtue stone proc on the original swing.

like I said, misconceptions are funny.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-25 01:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

But since you love your tests, go get a justice sword, pop assassin's charge and tell us your TP return. Wear a ***load of slow+ gear so you don't start another round immediately and tell us what happens.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-10-25 16:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm working on guttler, which would be better?
By Xilk 2011-10-26 00:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »
Guttler is probably best dd weapon for bst. Aymur might be better in some situations, but Guttler is more accessible at present.
Its really fantastic damage.
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-10-26 00:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Xilk said: »
Guttler is probably best dd weapon for bst. Aymur might be better in some situations, but Guttler is more accessible at present.

Sorry i wasnt clear, i meant better off hand weapon with guttler, oat or double attk.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2011-10-26 01:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if a STR/Attack axe beat both of them.
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
Server: Bismarck
user: kivyin
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2011-10-26 08:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Xilk said: »

Sorry i wasnt clear, i meant better off hand weapon with guttler, oat or double attk.

I would say the DA one. The conditions don't change, you'd still get get more DoT with the DA and more TP gained with the OAT. And especially with the relic's hidden effect (if they activate on the DAs or TAs), you definitely be getting more of a benefit from the DA axe.