Link | Quote | Reply

WF doesnt ignore shield, but QD does.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2011-10-10 16:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

In VW I'm COR a lot... I always /SAM for the added Store TP, Meditate, not to mention Sekkanoki (useful for having an extra WS attempt when you're trying to get a Marksmanship stagger, or for pumping out some severe damage with WF > WF > Darkness during a Red Stagger), plus a Seigan/Third Eye can be helpful from to time to time.

Only +2 I presently have on COR is body and feet -- those two pieces are a must... Well, the body is a must, but the feet are nice for an easy, extra +20% to your already awesome Wildfire damage (assuming you always Fire Shot first, which if you don't, you should).

Although I do have a Karin Obi and a /SCH available I haven't really tested it yet... I can imagine it would be nice in an Abyssea exp pt for showing off, and probably useful for a brew, but in an actual event situation I believe that /SAM is the best choice presently available... I'll sacrifice a little WS damage to gain the ability to WS more frequently.
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-10-10 20:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Seiri said: »
About /sam, i'll be honest here. The time when a cor shines most is in lowman. If you want a DD, rng will always beat cor, and im saying that as a main cor. /sam only offers bonuses to DD potential, whereas other subs can offer greater proc potential - great for lowman - or assistance to surviving and helping healing - again a lowman thing.

/sch is a good option to replace /rdm.

As i said, lowman is where cor shines, and lowman you WONT be there as a main DD unless your group is seriously lacking. You will be support, hence /sam is a weak link option. Any sub that can increase your proc potential or support ability will beat /sam. I am, of course, assuming your group can actually kill the NM. If they cant, then you have priorities above 'oh, how to we prioritise cor for this event?'.

/sch sacrifices too much damage vs /rdm to be viable imo. The limited utility from light arts doesn't make up the difference, unless you're flat out hurting for mages, in which case you may as well go /whm for curaga2 and tranquil heart.

Remember, Firestorm only gives single day/weather bonus, which is 10% or 1.1 to your QD calculation, and all obi does is guarantee proc. Firestorm + Obi is a 1.1 multiplier to your damage, mab2 trait from /rdm is 1.24, 1.27 if you count the belt slot you use for obi on qd. That's like giving up hecate's+novio+nimue's fulltime, and tossing in extra cast time every 3 min.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-10-23 07:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Sort of on the subject of this thread, it really confuses me; why do I see so many CORs only using 2 or 3 rolls? Tactician, Miser, Evoker, and Wizard all seem like common sense buffs if you're in a standard DD party; why stop at refresh and tactician's? Surely there's no other reason than laziness?

Just went back to game and played in higher tier VW a little bit.

IMO it actually depending on the situation, how hard the NM is, how much MP your mages need, and most important of all, how often you can proc and get temp to fill up. Miser+Tacticians are most have for DD pt, sometimes if your mage doesn't have terrible MP problem may as well just full time DD roll x2 and focus on dmg since some of the higher tier VW takes a while to kill since they take very little dmg from physical WS and may run out of time, and COR seems to be one of the few job(out of SMN RNG etc) that can do consistent dmg through out the entire fight. May as well just focus on DD roll if pt is getting proc and temp fast enough so you don't run out of time.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-23 07:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It's more of an issue when people fulltime regain+refresh though. There's no point for a cor to keep evoker's on himself, if you need to do that roll just add it to the cycle and do 3, if you keep that on you doing only a cycle of 2 rolls you're just being lazy :/
[+]
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2011-10-23 07:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Questions about quickdraw whats the trade off mirke augment versus lokis for store tp and agi +11, My question more is if you were to do quickdraw delay -5 would you pair store tp or the mab ? considering you were looking to get all the tp out of it versus dmg, just curious on what you would consider. I am aware the body has 5 agi on it so would be quick draw -5 and mab or store tp
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-23 07:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Mab hands down.
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2011-10-23 07:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So there is enough store tp elsewhere to keep you where you need to be for a 5 hit ?
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2011-10-23 08:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I took a look at your quick draw build I consider myself new to cor but your set can use some work. You dont have the hands off raja for the tp bonus and you dont have any store tp for it either. most quick draw for quick tp build to save bullets. I am full aware of the add effect of quick draw as well but with wildfire I would be more worried about getting the tp than another 50 dmg on a quick draw
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-23 08:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, I can figure that you're new at it. There's no point in making QD built towards STP.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-10-23 08:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

A 5-hit on COR is ridiculously easy. You don't have to sacrifice Quick Draw damage to maintain one.
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2011-10-23 08:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

And why not? isnt that the point, Agi is a mod and you have very little in your build can you explain your build?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-23 08:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Agi is only for accuracy, doesn't affect potency in the slightest.
QD is on a 45 seconds recast, the rest of your tp comes from shooting which is where to put the STP. And no, you don't need to spend a lot of bullets, cause with save tp, regain and QD most of the time a Triple shot is more than enough to get to 100 again.
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2011-10-23 08:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I am being told by a few cors focus agi for dmg mods on quick draw, I cannot speak for them to say the information is valuable but this is what I am going on.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-23 08:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Only mod for QD damage is mab, elemental affinity, etc. Agi affects its accuracy, as well as macc(though not as much iirc).

Agi is a mod on weapon skills, not on QD.
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2011-10-23 08:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I am building Quick draw set with mab not store tp at all? just trying to get this right , I have a lot of the good pieces just trying to fill the blanks and make it work to its potential. 29 lanterns from wildfire too so I want to be prepared.

Also planned to skipp the af stage of corsair but may not how crucial is the af hat to the quick draw set.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-10-23 08:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

AGI is accuracy. Damage is calculated using Gun and bullet base damage, Magic attack bonus, Day/weather, and elemental staff.

You should have absolutely no reason to sacrifice damage on Quick Draw to maintain a 5-hit. You require 20 Store TP to reach 20% TP per hit with a 582 delay gun and a 240 delay bullet. 20 store TP is very easy to get for COR even if you aren't subbing SAM (19 being easiest without making concessions, you don't need the full 20 if you're using the correct rolls), add the extra TP from raja mittens on QD to make up the difference from lacking Store TP on QD.

If between the small amount of Store TP required on the TP phase, Schutzen Mittens, and Regain Roll you do not have a 5-hit then I don't know what to tell you mate.

Also, whoever is insisting that AGI affects QD's damage deserves his gun confiscated and twenty flogs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-23 08:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Rose strap and schutzen mittens are enough as tp pieces on QD, the rest go all out on mab, and put agi where you don't have a mab piece(in example I don't have the canyon mab rings - do they really exist? - so I use agi rings).
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2011-10-23 08:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I wont name them and it did sound odd for them to say Agi = +2 mab on draw so yeah it did seem a bit wild to me. Ty for the input will test out these new sets.
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-23 08:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said: »
Siren.Seiri said: »
About /sam, i'll be honest here. The time when a cor shines most is in lowman. If you want a DD, rng will always beat cor, and im saying that as a main cor. /sam only offers bonuses to DD potential, whereas other subs can offer greater proc potential - great for lowman - or assistance to surviving and helping healing - again a lowman thing.

/sch is a good option to replace /rdm.

As i said, lowman is where cor shines, and lowman you WONT be there as a main DD unless your group is seriously lacking. You will be support, hence /sam is a weak link option. Any sub that can increase your proc potential or support ability will beat /sam. I am, of course, assuming your group can actually kill the NM. If they cant, then you have priorities above 'oh, how to we prioritise cor for this event?'.

/sch sacrifices too much damage vs /rdm to be viable imo. The limited utility from light arts doesn't make up the difference, unless you're flat out hurting for mages, in which case you may as well go /whm for curaga2 and tranquil heart.

Remember, Firestorm only gives single day/weather bonus, which is 10% or 1.1 to your QD calculation, and all obi does is guarantee proc. Firestorm + Obi is a 1.1 multiplier to your damage, mab2 trait from /rdm is 1.24, 1.27 if you count the belt slot you use for obi on qd. That's like giving up hecate's+novio+nimue's fulltime, and tossing in extra cast time every 3 min.

The utility from light arts is pretty extreme if you are in a DD party. But, that aside.

Magic attack bonus from /rdm is equal to +24. Depending on your current build for wildfire, a straight 10% boost to damage, after applying your current MAB from wiz roll/gear, can often exceed /rdm, and will always come close. Imo, the utility from /sch will far outweigh the fractional and only occasional increase from /rdm.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-10-23 08:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't possibly see Wizard's Roll being worth it anymore tbh.
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-23 09:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I can't possibly see Wizard's Roll being worth it anymore tbh.

Its not. In 90% of situations its only use is pointless epeen, which also serves to take excess hate for minimal benefit.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-10-23 14:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Agi is only for accuracy, doesn't affect potency in the slightest.
QD is on a 45 seconds recast, the rest of your tp comes from shooting which is where to put the STP. And no, you don't need to spend a lot of bullets, cause with save tp, regain and QD most of the time a Triple shot is more than enough to get to 100 again.

AGI are not more important than STP IMO. It only affects accuracy, and accuracy shouldn't be a problem.

But you shouldn't aim for specific hit build while doing QD/ra TP, you get save TP roll and regain, you got roller's ring, and triple shot JA may or may not be up, and those are random number of TP they give you and you won't get exactly 100. May as well just get as much TP each shot/QD as possible to spam WS more often(unless enmity is a problem etc). So you don't really need to worry about needing to get STP somewhere else for x-hit. You will naturally got a lot of TP after putting regain/save TP roll/atmacite on. Just need to upgrade them to lv 10.

However STP augment on mirke isn't as potent as MAB augment, sacrifice MAB augment for such small amount of STP is a waste. I'd only sacrifice 4 MAB for STP if it's STP+20.

Does shooting for TP actually better than getting TP from QD in VW? You'd need a racc set and possibly /RNG(and lost other advantage of /mage or /SAM) to land /ra hits in VW. Wouldn't a QD set full of STP more viable than dmg set unless you're fighting Pil and need QD dmg? Or when you're trying for WS proc and such, certainly help you circle through WS faster. IMO QD dmg isn't more important than WS unless you're fighting an NM that only QD dmg can go through. Of course I have't upgrade atmacite to lv 10 yet since I just got back to the game, so I'm not 100% sure having both lv 10 TP atmacite will cause huge TP overflow or not.
 Odin.Valdor
Server: Odin
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2011-10-24 16:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Save TP atmacite at lvl 10 combined with a 11 Save TP roll gives me a TP return of 65 on a Wildfire. I have +38 Store TP on my WF gear setup. I normally sub /rdm but going to try subbing /sam and see how that is.

Rolls depends on which party you're in. If you're in blm PT, you'll have MAB & Refresh Rolls. If you're in DD you'll be doing Save TP and Regain.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-10-24 16:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

With my ranged set I don't miss in VW. I only put on hunter's roll for safety when it's marksmanship proc and I don't want Slug to *** my life.
I also don't have a save tp/regain atmacite yet and have absolutely no problem having the highest tp gain of the alliance(probably only a drg could beat me at that). I really find pointless to have stp on a QD set, I don't need it so I just go with the max potency I can.

Also I always put myself in a heavily dd-oriented party cause they benefit much more from my rolls(and I can spend less time rolling as well).
 Cerberus.Wojo
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-24 16:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Save TP rolls own in VW combined with the Save TP atmacite :D
 Sylph.Agentblade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-10-31 18:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have some findings since my OP! First things First, Had to beef up my Racc set just to land slugshot on tier3+ Nms. Even with Hunters Roll up I still had a crappy time getting it to land without some food backing me up. I pretty much stacked as much Racc gear in the available slots and AGI in the rest while using Pot-Au-Feu or Squid Sushi+1.

I find myself /sam most of the runs with the odd occasion coming /rdm since the shell I run with has most to all procs available to them. Cor abilities, dagger ws or marksmenship is pretty much what I cover. Having sekka. is great for my time to ws proc or sync. blitz for some darkness action. The added TP gain is sweet as /sam, but I find not needed as much as I thought. Between Tact. Roll, AF3+2 body, Rollers Ring (on a 11 streak) and QD'n in a QDTP set for a nice TP return instead of damage output does a Cor all right for procs or blitz!

When rolling for DD parties I always use Tact. and Misers. Misers stacked with Atmacite of Discipline is godly and pure punishment to that mob. When rolling for Mage parties its always Evokers and wizards. Healers in the down time between pops. For myself, I kinda like tact. and misers instead of tact. and wizards. But thats just my own personnel prefrence.

Im a big fan of Atmacite of Discipline and Atmacite of Destruction combo on my cor. I currently have Destruction capped out for the MaB+10 and Discipline at 2/10 atm. If anyone finds anything better then those, Please let me know for I'm only clearing cities atm and havent done jeuno and alil bit of zilart. So im not sure what else is out there for atmacite besides what I find on BG/Wiki.

So in a nutshell, Cor is Kick *** in VW. keep the rolls up and the QDs coming for hints. Throw in a WF or 2 during blitz and just have fun with it. IM looking forward to jeuno / zilart clears as well as the continuation on the VW battles into new areas.
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-31 22:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

scholar's roll would be > warlocks so mages can fire off more proc spell+healers benefit from it. As for healer's roll, idkwhy people need mp during downtime since you get full hp/mp when you pop.
 Phoenix.Deboro
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-10-31 22:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I 2hit in VW, Sams+Misers+Save tp 20 atmacite + Stp set means 75~ return on WS regain from monarchs will tick during a ranged attack to hit 100 or one QD ( using hands from Raja ) will bring you over 100% aswell. I can open fights with I use the MAB atmacite as my second.

300% tp Sekka WS > WS > Fire shot > Ws > Fire Shot > Ws > random deal > Fire shot > Ws > Fire shot > Ws > Med > Ws > WS. Ive yet to live from this but it can all also be pulled off within a single red proc. On NM's such as kaggen im doing 1500-2180 Wildfire's 8~ ws's in one red is a crazy amount of burst damage from an unlikely job like Cor.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-01 06:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I can say that scholar's roll sucks quite a lot.