Coronach
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-09-24 23:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for some ideal Coro sets. thanks.
[+]
 Bahamut.Itze
Server: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2011-09-24 23:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets?q=Coronach
Looking is hard.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-09-24 23:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

so is thinking.

try again
[+]
 Ragnarok.Yathatguy
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rathan
By Ragnarok.Yathatguy 2011-09-24 23:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/218629

Is what I use minus the Jupiter's. I'm not paying that much just yet so right now I just use my TP earring in that slot the +4racc/ratt one.
 Bahamut.Ragni
user: Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2011-09-25 00:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using this one: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/151154
Except Maat's Cap. Anwig Salade is better (agi ws dmg +2%).

RNG/SAM 4 hit build is just awensome ^^
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-09-25 00:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the set that I used. After looked around for a few weeks trying to find the best set up, but never actually finding anything post lvl 75 I just went with this.
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
user: josht25
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-09-25 00:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm curious to know why some people are using dex earrings and rings over AGI earrings / rings
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-09-25 00:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ragni said: »
I'm using this one: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/151154
Except Maat's Cap. Anwig Salade is better (agi ws dmg +2%).

RNG/SAM 4 hit build is just awensome ^^

What's your TP return after the ws? and whats your standard ratk set looking like?

something like this?

Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-09-25 01:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless fSTR2 is capped, STR rings/earrings will always be better than AGI/DEX. That's always been the case for pretty much any RNG WS.

No reason not to use empyrean body over loki's. It's worth using hoard ring + stp earrings if needed (or rose strap also). The enhance velocity shot is too good to pass up.

I prefer piplaka belt for waist tp piece. There is a nice stp belt for RNG from dynamis sandy as well.

Should be using rancor collar for tp. If you know what you're doing, you should never be taking damage.

Lastly, you may want to consider /war, single wielding for another crit rate +5% (fencer). WS frequency drops obviously, but the damage is easily made up with much higher ranged attack (with berserk). Aggressor can be very nice on the higher tier VW mobs too. With snapshot, you've got 4m of accuracy boost, which allows you to full-time red curry on most NMs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-09-25 03:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
Unless fSTR2 is capped, STR rings/earrings will always be better than AGI/DEX. That's always been the case for pretty much any RNG WS.

No reason not to use empyrean body over loki's. It's worth using hoard ring + stp earrings if needed (or rose strap also). The enhance velocity shot is too good to pass up.

I prefer piplaka belt for waist tp piece. There is a nice stp belt for RNG from dynamis sandy as well.

Should be using rancor collar for tp. If you know what you're doing, you should never be taking damage.

Lastly, you may want to consider /war, single wielding for another crit rate +5% (fencer). WS frequency drops obviously, but the damage is easily made up with much higher ranged attack (with berserk). Aggressor can be very nice on the higher tier VW mobs too. With snapshot, you've got 4m of accuracy boost, which allows you to full-time red curry on most NMs.

Fencer applies to ranged weapons?

Also, mind posting some of your Ranger sets?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Teezy
By Quetzalcoatl.Teezy 2011-09-25 03:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Elysien said: »

Fencer applies to ranged weapons?

Also, mind posting some of your Ranger sets?

Yes have you proven that it applies to the range attacks as well?

And what would be the cap on fstr2 for say Voidwatch t3 t4 mobs?
 Bahamut.Ragni
user: Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2011-09-25 04:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Teezy said: »
Bahamut.Ragni said: »
I'm using this one: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/151154 Except Maat's Cap. Anwig Salade is better (agi ws dmg +2%). RNG/SAM 4 hit build is just awensome ^^
What's your TP return after the ws? and whats your standard ratk set looking like? something like this?

I dont remember (I'm at work now), but i can tell that after ws i need 3 shots to have perfect 100 TP.

My TP set:

Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-09-25 04:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Aggressor can be very nice on the higher tier VW mobs too. With snapshot, you've got 4m of accuracy boost, which allows you to full-time red curry on most NMs.
Aggressor only gives ranged acc with merits and that is WAR only. And I think you meant Sharpshot there.
By leva 2011-09-25 04:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

WS dmg+2% head (MKD) should be better damage than Aias Bonnet by a fair amount.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [305 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-07-25 23:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Go necro!

Looking for more up to date coronach sets. Had my eye on using this for myself:

+73 str
+32 dex
+68 agi

If I swap in terebellum, scout hands +2, scout feet +2:
-1 str
-25 dex
-24 agi
+46 ranged attack

Also have myrmex mittens as well if those are better. Nevermind, leaving 4/5 thaumas on would give you more stats.

I realize coronach isn't the bread and butter DD weapon skill but I don't think it hurts to max its potential. Or in enmity sensitive scenarios you can favor using coro over last stand. Or am I wrong and just stack store tp to speed up the next last stand >_>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-26 00:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Terebellum probably beats Sylvan if there's no x-hit considerations present to favor the latter. Thaumas Nails are definitely superior even at 3/5. Hands should be pretty close, but at a glance (no hard math) I'd guess Scout's +2 are better.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-26 01:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
		<set name="WS-Coronach">
			<lear>Vulcan's Pearl</lear>
			<head>Thaumas Hat</head>
			<neck>Thunder Gorget</neck>
			<body>Tessera's Saio</body>
			<hands>Thaumas Gloves</hands>
			<lring>Rajas Ring</lring>
			<rring>Pyrosoul Ring</rring>
			<back>Sylvan Chlamys</back>
			<waist>Thunder Belt</waist>
			<legs>Thaumas Kecks</legs>
			<feet>Thaumas Nails</feet>
			<rear>Vulcan's Pearl</rear>
		</set>

Terebellum depends on a lot of stuff and I believe I do use Sylvan back for xhit as I would normally only use Coro as a /SAM anyway.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2012-07-26 01:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

regarding the use of coronach, anywhere not VW and is high level.

I've been using it at Odin v2 and Arch-Ultima most notably, these two mobs (Ultima not so much) you'll be solely wanting to use coronach.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-07-26 01:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm I'm not sure why you would only use coronach as /SAM considering the whole point of the weapon skill is to allow you to go balls out (i.e. /WAR). /SAM is pointless as far as I'm concerned once you've upgraded an annihilator.

I haven't done the math on terebellum vs sylvan, but the two are very close on last stand. Because of this, I think it's safe to say that terebellum wins quite easily (only 40% AGI on coronach).

I do think tessera will win over caban on coronach because of the loldex mod. It may not though depending on what the enhance velocity shot boost actually gives. If it does end up being 5% then you really don't need that much ranged attack for caban to beat tessera even on coronach.

Coronach is amazing with the level 99 boost; it's really not that much weaker than last stand. You'll want to use it anywhere where you can't use fanatic's drinks or perfect defense pretty much.
[+]
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-07-26 08:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the input guys
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-26 09:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

\sam would be better than \war in terms of pulling less hate though.
Not gonna say it's better, but less shots between each ws = less hate pulled between each coronach.
Let's face it, a normal bullet will give you more hate than a coronach does :P
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2012-07-26 09:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
\sam would be better than \war in terms of pulling less hate though.
Not gonna say it's better, but less shots between each ws = less hate pulled between each coronach.
Let's face it, a normal bullet will give you more hate than a coronach does :P
Thats the beauty of coronach. As long as you use coronach as needrd to keep aftermath up, you can do pretty much anything you want (last stand, barrage, /ra) the only drawback of the aftermath is that its 20-40-60 seconds, but back to the point, as long as you're on ranger for the sake of doing damage, and you have annihilator, subbing sam will hold you back.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-26 09:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

-20 enm from aftermath would hardly make last stand give you a small amount of hate :P
Like, it would help, but these days you'd still cap hate really fast.
CE cap is 10000, if you deal 2000 dmg with last stand, that's probably 2500 CE, -20 enm would make it give you 2000 CE.
Coronach gives 80 CE.
So you can do 25 coronachs before you pull the same hate as a 2000 dmg last stand would do (with -20 enmity)

Edit: And let's say each Coronach does 1k dmg(probably would do more, but just example), that's 25k dmg vs 2k dmg for the same amount of hate, just puts things in perspective a bit.

Edit2: And even further, if you do a normal shot dealing 500 dmg with aftermath up, that's the same as 6 coronachs worth of hate.
 Sylph.Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2012-07-26 09:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, if youre briging a ranger, youve probably got a warrior, dark knight, samurai, or other DD there too. Theyll be pulling hate as well. That -20 emnity is really nice and is very very noticable. Since i've had annihilator, i've been able to put up way bigger numbers without pulling hate by juggling coronach and last stand.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-26 09:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Not saying it is'nt, just that the difference in hate you gain with coronach and any other action is pretty huge.
These days the person tanking is the person hitting the fastest (recapping hate more often), so in general unless your tank is backtanking it or just took a massive hit, rangers should'nt really be in danger of pulling hate too often, but it will happen.
But clearly, if you shoot an arrow\bullet and cap your hate when the "tank"s enmity just decayed, you will be the one the mob is going for.
The hate system in this game is far from balanced around level 99 content, and the only way not to pull hate as a DD these days is coronach\namas and regurg. spell on BLU.
Coronach beeing by far the most efficient and most damaging.
 Leviathan.Komachii
Server: Leviathan
user: ikszkom
By Leviathan.Komachii 2012-07-26 10:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

decoy and situationally camouflage could help a lot to minimize your enmity gain, well with decoy you may just go for laststand? Havent really played RNG where enmity mattered.
 Sylph.Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2012-07-26 10:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, i feel bad for people who only have gandiva.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-26 10:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranger is a lot of preference, when looking at when I want to use Coronach it usually comes down to those situations where I'd rather my damage came from Coronach only, with less shots between. My build is setup storetp wise in that manner, with different builds for different subs/ws used.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-26 10:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This is very offtopic, but since I mentioned low hate stuff blabla, Regurgitation actually only gives 1 CE.
With a 24sec recast time that's 66.6 hours worth of casting the spell once it's up before you'd completely cap hate(as long as you never get hit).
And that's completely ignoring casting time.
First Page 2