Cor/Sch?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Cor/Sch?
Cor/Sch?
 Asura.Deodate
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: deodate
By Asura.Deodate 2011-09-21 11:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4urdoinitwrong
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-09-21 11:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

just thought Id mention this:
if you sub sch, and want/need to use spells in the white/Black arts section, not to mention stratagems, you will be spending valuable time not doing Cor stuff.

edit: a while back, before the level cap increases, Blu was a viable option, asuming you had the right spell set, would the case still apply now?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-09-21 11:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh... /rdm will still produce bigger numbers outside, 24 MAB > 10% W/D, if you are luck enough to be on firesday as well then its 24 MAB vs 20% W/D. That's closer but alas still no cigar. Fire weather is virtually non-existent so you'll pretty much never be double weather or double weather and day, but in those conditions W/D would pull ahead of 24 MAB. Inside it's a lil different as W/D is a much more potent of a buff than MAB (since you have MAB atmas). Zodiac ring when it aligns is pretty much the best ring possible.

/sch should be what you use instead of /whm for utility (-na, accession, RR) but in all other cases /rdm will net the higher DPS.
 Shiva.Symbiote
Server: Shiva
user: Symbiote
By Shiva.Symbiote 2011-09-21 11:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Siren.Gunshy said: »
Honestly I'm not sure how inportant being able to replace a MAB atma with a regain one would be just for the sheer fact we can already get 7(ish) tp a tic naturally, combined with QD and a snapshot/tp shot build not to mention triple shot and meditate /SAM I rarely find myself thinking I need to be churning ws's out faster. Especially in abyssea when i'm sitting on my *** waiting for somebody to proc something and my tp is sitting at 300% followed by the few seconds its zerged to death after all procs. As for /SCH interms of just subbing it for firestorm i'm skeptical outside of brew situations compared to the MAB2 trait but as a whole /SCH can offer alot of utility spell wise along with firestorm so it seems a fairly viable option.

I do a lot of solo'ing on corsair simply because I enjoy playing the job as such.

Getting the 11/tic from SD+Tactician's+Roller's Ring would be kinda sick. It would essentially be perma meditate. But again, this is only viable if QD+Wildfire would still kill off a mob.

Otherwise, absolutely not.

The longer this topic goes on the more it seems I don't play corsair in the same fashion most others do, in a group or solo.
Inside abyssea, dropping even one of the fire affinity/MAB atmas will cause you to be unable to 2 shot (QD/WF) any trash mobs. Subbing anything other than RDM will just cause that to drop more. I highly doubt that Firestorm will make up for the MAB II trait you will be losing.

Personally, I wouldn't sacrifice a fire affinity atma just for 5tp extra regain. If you really do need extra tp, maybe you should start shooting.
 Cerberus.Wojo
Server: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-09-21 11:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Magic Attack Bonus II: +24, belt +3 = +27 MAB

Fire weather, Fire obi: 10% damage

27 MAB is better than the 10% straight damage increase, assuming you're fighting something with low or no Magic Defense bonus.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-21 12:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Inside abyssea, dropping even one of the fire affinity/MAB atmas will cause you to be unable to 2 shot (QD/WF) any trash mobs. Subbing anything other than RDM will just cause that to drop more. I highly doubt that Firestorm will make up for the MAB II trait you will be losing.

Personally, I wouldn't sacrifice a fire affinity atma just for 5tp extra regain. If you really do need extra tp, maybe you should start shooting.

You may be right, this is what I’m trying to figure out/plan on testing.

You’re somewhat off on the /rdm thing though. /sam puts out ws’es more frequently and still does QD>WF>dead mob just fine without the +24 MAB (down to +21 depending on moon phase/ Uggalepih latent, depending on if you can trigger it on rdm. I never manage to do so reliably).

I’m not suggesting the numbers that /sch would put out are going to compare. But if (IF!) it can still QD/WF things to death – even just barely – it could potentially kill off more mobs faster.

And I don’t need “extra” TP. What I’m suggesting is something that would potentially allow for significantly increased TP gain, not an extra tic to push you up to a single weaponksill faster. And I shoot as necessary; I don’t think I’ve ever said anywhere here that I don’t, though I do shoot very little because it’s generally not necessary that often.

Edit: I'm not even saying being able to change these atmas up will increased killspeed for sure. This could be a futile endeavor. I'd just like to test it (or if someone else can test it before I get Scholar to 50 or math it out) before writing it off.
 Leviathan.Kryptikk
Server: Leviathan
user: Kryptikk
By Leviathan.Kryptikk 2011-09-21 15:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Symbiote said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Siren.Gunshy said: »
Honestly I'm not sure how inportant being able to replace a MAB atma with a regain one would be just for the sheer fact we can already get 7(ish) tp a tic naturally, combined with QD and a snapshot/tp shot build not to mention triple shot and meditate /SAM I rarely find myself thinking I need to be churning ws's out faster. Especially in abyssea when i'm sitting on my *** waiting for somebody to proc something and my tp is sitting at 300% followed by the few seconds its zerged to death after all procs. As for /SCH interms of just subbing it for firestorm i'm skeptical outside of brew situations compared to the MAB2 trait but as a whole /SCH can offer alot of utility spell wise along with firestorm so it seems a fairly viable option.

I do a lot of solo'ing on corsair simply because I enjoy playing the job as such.

Getting the 11/tic from SD+Tactician's+Roller's Ring would be kinda sick. It would essentially be perma meditate. But again, this is only viable if QD+Wildfire would still kill off a mob.

Otherwise, absolutely not.

The longer this topic goes on the more it seems I don't play corsair in the same fashion most others do, in a group or solo.

I have never had a problem 2shotting mobs (QD/WF) /sam
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-09-21 19:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
just thought Id mention this:
if you sub sch, and want/need to use spells in the white/Black arts section, not to mention stratagems, you will be spending valuable time not doing Cor stuff.

edit: a while back, before the level cap increases, Blu was a viable option, asuming you had the right spell set, would the case still apply now?

Compare with /RDM you get MAB+20 instead of 24, but you gain AGI+9(thats before lv cap increase, now I'm not sure how much AGI you gain), if you're getting a lot of MAB buff it may beat RDM for WF dmg, although you'd be losing QD dmg and /BLU kinda lack useful spells, personally I don't think it's worth it.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-09-21 19:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Symbiote said: »

2 shot trash mobs isn't always a good idea in Abyssea IMO. One of the example is if you're in Abyssea EXP pt wanting blue chests, sometimes doing amber light may make the entire pt /rage.

On the other hand not one shotting the mob so BLM can do azure kill shot may actually work better to cap azure light.

Anyways I did a quick math(Since I took a break and can't test it), at lv 90 WF dmg is about 5.5k~7.8k with /SAM and MAB buff on buffalos(I do Buffalos a lot, so only remember average WS dmg on them XD, other mobs usually a bit lower), without dmg+30% atma the dmg should be about 4.3k~6k, add firestorm+10% makes it 4.7k~6.6k.

You should be able to 2 shot the mob, but that's with MAB buff(temp items, good number wizards). If your temp item not up and rolled a bad number, or if you're fighting against higher INT mob, you may not 2 shot it.

Although personally I don't why you must 2 shot the mob tbh. If I'm in an EXP pt, increase WS frequency may be more beneficial when other ppl can do kill shot, not to mention if only one mob left and other DDs already engage, doing overkill is just a waste of dmg. On the other hand 5 TP tick will help you get 100 TP way faster without waiting for bullets to fire.

If I want to kill those mobs solo I'm usually on BLU doing CW burn to kill 10 of them at once.
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-09-21 20:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
2 shot trash mobs isn't always a good idea in Abyssea IMO. One of the example is if you're in Abyssea EXP pt wanting blue chests, sometimes doing amber light may make the entire pt /rage.

I never "alliance Party" in Aby anymore.
Its 33% people working
33% People AFK
33% People gimping themselves.

Not to mention, ProTip: Quickdraw actually gives Pearl as odd as that sounds.

So building lights, solo/duo/trio is a piece of cake
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.