FFXI On PC With A 360 Controller?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI on PC with a 360 controller?
FFXI on PC with a 360 controller?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-06-25 10:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »
Believe what you want I haven't felt genuine emotions in forever. You're wasting your time trying to troll an apathetic person.

Breath in and breath out.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART00521/three-breathing-exercises.html
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-25 10:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Amy Blackburn said: »
Odin.Tsuneo said: »
Believe what you want I haven't felt genuine emotions in forever. You're wasting your time trying to troll an apathetic person.
Your Vulcan?

I'm depressed apparently, but with no emotions at all.
By Jetackuu 2012-06-25 12:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »
Siren.Beefsupreme said: »
Sounds like some people just do not know how to invest properly.

BTW.. I was pointing out the adapter not the controller.

Also the adapter allows you to:

Use Guitar hero/Rock Band XBOX360 accessories as PC controllers...
Use XBOX Live headsets as if they were USB sound cards/headsets connected to the PC...

mentioned already: Use any XBOX360 wireless controllers you happen to already have ...

All that for just 23 bucks ...

And if you're a nerdy hacker with a lot of time on your hands and a broken XBOX360 you can tore out the RF board from, you can make it work as a wireless receiver on PC without spending a buck... lmao

did they seriously make the adapter from that to the 360 usb compatible?

or is it another way? I have an extra of those, am interested :D
 Bismarck.Aerison
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2012-06-25 13:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if there is a program that will allow you to assign, for example; alt/ctrl 1 for the left and right bumpers and alt/ctrl 2 for the left and right triggers? This way you can have essentially four macro palettes.
By Jetackuu 2012-06-25 13:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aerison said: »
Anyone know if there is a program that will allow you to assign, for example; alt/ctrl 1 for the left and right bumpers and alt/ctrl 2 for the left and right triggers? This way you can have essentially four macro palettes.

you need to have your controller working in direct input mode instead of xinput mode, then you can just set it with the normal windows or XI config.

need a custom driver for that
 Bismarck.Aerison
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2012-06-25 13:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Bismarck.Aerison said: »

you need to have your controller working in direct input mode instead of xinput mode, then you can just set it with the normal windows or XI config.

need a custom driver for that

Happen to know if someone has and/or created a driver?
By Jetackuu 2012-06-25 13:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

yes I know, and yes they have.

check the first page of this thread, I personally haven't tried any though as I don't have a wired 360 controller and I don't have a wireless adapter.
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2012-06-25 14:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You know the REAL solution for the problem:

Put PRESSURE on the DEVS to change from direct input to instead use the games for windows live xinput dll... >_<

If that happen, no need for hacked drivers, magic configuration sets or geeky fixes.

Jetackuu said: »
did they seriously make the adapter from that to the 360 usb compatible?

or is it another way? I have an extra of those, am interested :D

It's hackage. You hack the XBOX360 RF board to connect into a USB port of the Pc then hack the inf of the driver installer to match the ID of the XBOX360 RF board.

Once it's installed and working, you use a play and charge cable to sync the controller with the RF board as the windows driver can do the process, you don't even need to make a sync button for the receiver, the driver will sync the controller for you... XD
By Jetackuu 2012-06-25 14:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

you have a guide for that?

I'm pretty sure I only have 2 spare boards right now, don't want to ruin them :P
 Bismarck.Chubakka
user: Greezy
By Bismarck.Chubakka 2012-06-25 14:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also config. A ps3 controller to sync with your laptops Bluetooth hardware, and you can get a wireless receiver for your Xbox 360 wireless controller and play ffxi on PC too. The wireless receiver can support 4 wireless controllers if you ever play multi player games on your PC...
By Gnarf 2012-06-25 14:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my wireless 360 controller fully working (triggers and all) on Win7.

It involves disabling Device Driver Signature Enforcement to install non-digitally signed drivers - google this.

I installed Japanese drivers from here:

http://x360wc.tripod.com/index.html

and successfully set button configurations within the FFXI config menu.

[edit] I can post screens and perhaps make a step by step guide when I'm home from work, if anyone is interested.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2012-06-25 14:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Gnarf said: »

It involves disabling Device Driver Signature Enforcement to install non-digitally signed drivers - google this.

This^^ I love a controller so much on my laptop, refusing to play any other way.
By Jetackuu 2012-06-25 14:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

disabling driver enforcement is annoying to say the least.
 Shiva.Shadowq
Server: Shiva
user: ShadowFFO
By Shiva.Shadowq 2012-06-25 23:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I was actually pretty disappointed recently too, I tried buying a Logitech Wireless controller, and it just did not feel responsive at all, and the sticks would randomly go unresponsive for a half second or so.

Kind of feels like $60 down the drain.
By Jetackuu 2012-06-25 23:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

only issue I've had with logitech controllers (well the newer ones don't seem as durable) is cord issues, and the feel to be slightly different, other than that, they work well.

I had a faulty usb port fry 2 though, so I shouldn't base my judgement on that, and another a torn usb cable is shorting it out.
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2012-06-25 23:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shadowq said: »
I was actually pretty disappointed recently too, I tried buying a Logitech Wireless controller, and it just did not feel responsive at all, and the sticks would randomly go unresponsive for a half second or so.

Kind of feels like $60 down the drain.
Was it the F710? Biggest piece of crap Logitech has ever produced.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [97 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Kolossuss
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kolossuss 2012-09-30 15:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Gnarf said: »

[edit] I can post screens and perhaps make a step by step guide when I'm home from work, if anyone is interested.

I finally figured out for myself how to make the Xbox360 Wireless Controller 100% compatible with FFXI. Took me about a day of scouring the internet for different things, but it was worth it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Allyha
user: Allyha
By Leviathan.Allyha 2012-11-09 12:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

More than likely I'm completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but I cant seem to find the config menu for ffxi since it does not show up in my start menu. Is this because I have the steam version of the game, or am i just slightly more technologically illiterate than i believe? :/

Was just gonna use the original MS driver and use the xbox360 controller bumpers for macros and ignore the triggers.
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2012-11-09 12:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Allyha said: »
More than likely I'm completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but I cant seem to find the config menu for ffxi since it does not show up in my start menu. Is this because I have the steam version of the game, or am i just slightly more technologically illiterate than i believe? :/

Was just gonna use the original MS driver and use the xbox360 controller bumpers for macros and ignore the triggers.

Local Disk > Program Files (x86) > Steam > Steamapps > Common > FFXI > Should be in a folder somewhere called ToolsEU/ToolsUS/Tools depending on your language.
 Leviathan.Allyha
user: Allyha
By Leviathan.Allyha 2012-11-09 12:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks so much, was able to find it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [546 days between previous and next post]
By Heimdel 2014-05-09 12:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking of switching to 360 controller for pc to place and was wondering how out of date this info is. Apparently there was a problem that 360 controller wasn't able be set up properly fully for ffxi. Has this issue been fixed or at least a work around figured out?
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2014-05-09 12:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything works fine, except the 2 triggers. Dont need them anyway.
 Fenrir.Shznittle
user: Snakeeyes
By Fenrir.Shznittle 2014-05-09 13:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Forget the xbox controller. Get a Logitech PC controller and call it good. You don't even have to mess with any settings other than enabling the use of a controller in FFXI config.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-09 13:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Skeero said: »

I use the 2 back trigger, together with xpadder that i set those to hit alt(one trigger) and tab (the other). So i can swap char without having to drop controller to hit keyboard. Saves a lot of time but useless if you dont dual+box. Still you can program that back trigger for any keyboard button, so you can fix the auto run its missing in a xbox controller in pc (but works fine in xbox).
By Heimdel 2014-05-09 13:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah I saw something about a way to enable triggers but the link with the actual info was dead.
 Fenrir.Shznittle
user: Snakeeyes
By Fenrir.Shznittle 2014-05-09 13:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

I use the 2 back trigger, together with xpadder that i set those to hit alt(one trigger) and tab (the other). So i can swap char without having to drop controller to hit keyboard. Saves a lot of time but useless if you dont dual+box. Still you can program that back trigger for any keyboard button, so you can fix the auto run its missing in a xbox controller in pc (but works fine in xbox).

Yea you can download xpadder, take half an hour to try to figure out how it works (if you're new to it), mess around with settings, and have to worry about turning it on when playing ffxi and turning it off when you play another game...OR you can get a used Logitech controller from eBay or GameStop and plug-and-play, no messing with settings.
 Bismarck.Phaded
user: Phaded
By Bismarck.Phaded 2014-05-09 13:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been years since I've used a 360 controller on PC, but when I did I used to use 3rd party drivers called XBCD by redcl0ud, can try to google it. The official Microsoft drivers have issues with triggers and FFXI where as XBCD does not, just make sure you have the x360 flavor and not the old Xbox1 version. You may have to google how to run unsigned drivers (Signature Enforcement Overrider) but this info isnt hard to find. Til this day I still don't know why xpadder is suggested when this alternative has always been around, and is free, no having to buy new controllers/software or any other crap.
By Jetackuu 2014-05-09 13:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The last I fiddled with it (it's probably been a year+ now) you can get it to work fine, if it's an official wired 360 controller. The wireless ones with the adapter work, but as an x-input device, not a d-input device, which enables the triggers to function as an axis not buttons, and the only way I found to get it to work, was a driver from some Japanese dude, but there wasn't a 64bit windows 7 version available, I tried the vista 64bit considering how similar they are, but it wouldn't load (kind of did nothing). I haven't messed with it in a very long time.

You can get a ps3 controller to work, with motioninjoy (don't even need xpadder) but it's a pain, and I'm not a fan of the adware.

I did enjoy the logitech controller in d-input mode (I used to have ones before that were just d-input with no switch, they seemed to last better, but a bad usb port fried mine), but they don't hold up well.

I now use an official PS2 controller via a usb adapter, I have 2 of these:

Can get it from amazon, works great.

I also assign my controller directly to each instance of XI by running XI in separate VM's (vmware player would suffice, but I use workstation), so I don't have to worry about what window is in focus.
By Jetackuu 2014-05-09 13:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phaded said: »
It's been years since I've used a 360 controller on PC, but when I did I used to use 3rd party drivers called XBCD by redcl0ud, can try to google it. The official Microsoft drivers have issues with triggers and FFXI where as XBCD does not, just make sure you have the x360 flavor and not the old Xbox1 version. You may have to google how to run unsigned drivers (Signature Enforcement Overrider) but this info isnt hard to find. Til this day I still don't know why xpadder is suggested when this alternative has always been around.
Doesn't work in all instances.
By Pantafernando 2014-05-09 13:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I just sugested xpadder because my pc refuses to install ffxi monitor or something like that. It was the prefered and free, but dont works for me. Keep crashing. Ended just paying the xpaddder to be free of this problem, as google didnt help me with another program.

About the time issue, ebay would take like 1+month to arrive at my house. Honestly never heard this controller, but the time to learn xpadder is considerably lower than going from my chair till any closer game store. Its just download and click the button and the new button you want.

If you can make this exe works for you

http://ffxiswitchmon.sourceforge.net

go for if, why to waste cash in a program not free like xpadder? Or buy a logitech if you dont have it, but suposing you already have the xbox controller, you can play fine, at least till you find a better option (or no if you dont want to spend cash).