Login problem
 Gilgamesh.Kovalev
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Kovalev
By Gilgamesh.Kovalev 2011-09-07 19:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Zalmynel said: »
My Internet distributor is Videotron but since people from others countries/distributors have the same problems, I doubt it's our connection the problem.

ditto
 Ragnarok.Momoho
Server: Ragnarok
user: Fuyuu11
By Ragnarok.Momoho 2011-09-07 19:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

At least they be doing something ._ .;
 Shiva.Jiyou
Server: Shiva
user: Jiyou
By Shiva.Jiyou 2011-09-07 19:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Got on for 10 minutes, booted me again after attempting to tele... Cant pass by downloading data screen again. Just awesome SE, just awesome.
 Bahamut.Gimpness
Server: Bahamut
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-09-07 19:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been r0ing whenever I do anything lately... and macros literally take 5-7 seconds to go off (i can actually hit a button and count to 5 or 6 before anything happens...), but I assumed it's because my house has 3-7 computers downloading ridiculous amounts of random crap at one time all on one wireless router... and the fact that I play with 2 characters up on one computer, and that the clipper 3's beta is leaking memory ;; and i have no way to get the other version (if there is one...) AND I RUN SLOW WITHOUT CLIPPER ITS ANNOYING... (inb4urhackingbro). But yea... haven't tried logging in yet today cus there was construction going on at the end of the street and the power's been out most of the day. And I've got homework that I'm putting off by posting here <_< >_>

Though, i'm in san diego and using roadrunner...
By Sharre 2011-09-07 22:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally was able to log into POL, check msgs etc. It's only been 24+ hrs of error codes. Too late to play tonight, maybe tomorrow.

**Just want to add, I can not get to the character selection screen. I received another connection error!!!
By Diavolo 2011-09-08 00:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like the issue was finally resolved. Logged on three separate accounts without any problems.
 Shiva.Jiyou
By Shiva.Jiyou 2011-09-08 07:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah seems fixed. Got online with no problem.
By Alfinia 2011-09-08 13:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Same here, everything back to normal
 Shiva.Jiyou
By Shiva.Jiyou 2011-09-08 16:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So SE reponded my email... Their answer was this...

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We have had a few customers contact us about this and when when ran a trace route on their IP address we confirmed that it was indeed an IP address problem. Which provider are you using?

Are you able to run a trace route and find out with address is causing the problem?

Go to the start menu select Run> type in CMD in the bar > then type tracert (leave a space) then enter your IP address. Wait untill it is complete. Near there bottom (or somewhere in between) you will probably see that it says there has been a timed out connection. Please take note of which address that happens under, call your ISP and inform them of this.

Kind regards,

The SQUARE ENIX Support Centre Team

Yea right...
 Shiva.Mackstrife
By Shiva.Mackstrife 2011-09-08 16:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually did have problems like this once and it was on my end. I ended up resetting my router as everything else was working and it worked like a charm.

Not sure if that would do it though given the amount of people having problems, but figured it would be another thing to try for some people still having problems.
By Alfinia 2011-09-08 20:14:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mackstrife said: »
I actually did have problems like this once and it was on my end. I ended up resetting my router as everything else was working and it worked like a charm.

Not sure if that would do it though given the amount of people having problems, but figured it would be another thing to try for some people still having problems.

It wasn't as simple as that, did many reset reboot and all, nothing worked. But i went from my Cable connection (ISP Videotron) which wasn't working to my Iphone connection (ISP Rogers) and it worked like a charm. So it may not have been SE fault, but its weird that many ISP all at once were having trouble with that specific game
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [175 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Bravefencer
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Bravefencer 2012-03-02 07:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone else having this same trouble again? been trying to log for 5 hours no luck