Phoenix.Archeim
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Archeim
By Phoenix.Archeim 2011-09-12 11:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you all!

I picked up MC which is working nicely.

I did mean auto attack. I have shiva's heavenly strike fully merited, and 1 point into everything else in category 2, otherwise avatar physical and magical attack fully merited.

Dont have atma of the ultimate yet. Though i am excited that i only need 2 more Caturae before i can join in on a Shinryu fight.

My summoning skill is not capped yet, but i'm working on it slowly but surely... in addition to trying to get my SMN AF3 to the +1 state.

As DRK was the first job i brought to 90, i know all about whiffing... like when i first went into abyssea at level 75. Now not so much.

For non lowman groups i now use MM, DG, and either MC or Beyond.

Thank you all again!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-11-08 17:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been spending the last month soloing "Those Who Lurk In Shadows" for Diamond earrings with pet: mab +2. So far I've only managed to get Pet: def +3 and Pet: evasion +3 earrings ; ;
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-11-09 10:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you solo it SMN/SCH or SMN/NIN? Last time I tried that, the Quadav kept stacking enfeebs on me even when I managed to keep hate squarely on Garuda. Ended up losing because I couldn't get Paralyna off in time, and ever since then I've just duo'd it to make things easier.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-11-09 16:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN/WHM. I just keep Blink up, hoping to absorb some enfeebles here and there. Otherwise I just take Echos for silence, use paralyna on myself and ignore Bio/Poison II. As for avoid the gob i just run around the circle the whole time, also keeps the Quadav occupied for a bit as he runs around trying to cast on you.

EDIT: I finally got a Diamond Earring with Pet: Magic Attack Bonus +1 last night!
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-11-09 16:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats! I still haven't seen any Pet:MAB, out of maybe 60 or so runs. I have gotten Pet:Acc+1 and Pet:MAcc+1, as well as plenty of Pet:Def and Pet:Eva ones.

I'm surprised you haven't had much trouble on SMN/WHM. Maybe I just got unlucky. I tried twice and had no trouble keeping all 4 mobs on my avatar but got destroyed by those enfeebs. (I have a trick for keeping all 4 on the avatar if you're curious, but I'm sure you have the peculiar hate mechanics of that fight figured out by now.)
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-11-09 17:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The Quadav never enfeebles my avatar, it always runs away to come hit me with whatever spell its waiting to cast and once it lands, it runs back to Garuda to whiff away. I need to start doing that fight as SMN/SCH though. Sublimation and Aspir would be nice to have as I always end up needing to use Siphon before I finish off the last mob.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Sico
Server: Bahamut
user: sico
By Bahamut.Sico 2011-12-19 08:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Dvalinn and Durinn,

easy soloing on 91 smn/rdm with Garuda, (just came bk after "a long brake" and havent caped jobs yet) Atma of the DG, the critical hit major one, and the VIT + regen atma (playing in german and dont know the english names).
Was about 15 min fight.

I´d recommend going on /whm for paralyna, of course no MP issues (Abyssea mp food not used, just were cool with refresh as /rdm).
 Shiva.Equilibrium
By Shiva.Equilibrium 2011-12-19 13:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sico said: »
Atma of the DG, the critical hit major one, and the VIT + regen atma (playing in german and dont know the english names).
Atma of the Ducal Guard, Atma of the Razed Ruins and Atma of the Mounted Champion.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-12-19 13:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo stuff on Smn all the time; in and out of abyssea. If it's an NM that eats your avatar rather quickly, you can kite it. Smn's have an advantage over Bsts in that we're able to call our avatars right away
 Carbuncle.Kuzuryu
Server: Carbuncle
user: kuzuryu
By Carbuncle.Kuzuryu 2011-12-27 12:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I just started as a summoner, and am soloing in Tahrongi Canyon. Then to the peninsula, and so forth. Its pretty fun, and well worth the time I put into trying to get this class.

Edit: Now lvl 20. I really really do see this as my main. Quite fun.
[+]
 Bismarck.Hellkyte
Server: Bismarck
user: hellkyte
By Bismarck.Hellkyte 2012-01-03 09:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious, has anyone soloed Kukulkan? Working on emp staff and would like to know if it has been done or if it's even possible, i know it has some nasty abilities. Debating on giving it a try, but would like some feedback.
 Bahamut.Sico
By Bahamut.Sico 2012-01-03 10:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hellkyte said: »
Just curious, has anyone soloed Kukulkan? Working on emp staff and would like to know if it has been done or if it's even possible, i know it has some nasty abilities. Debating on giving it a try, but would like some feedback.

I really think he´s soloable, i checked wiki after i read ur comment and i suggest if a dnc can solo, a smn shouldnt have any problem.
I´m bored anyway and i will give it a try :)

In my opinion 90% ~ of the mobs are soloable by smn in abyssea with the DC RR MC, if it doesnt have hate reset. I Think so because not even Blizzaga IV could kill Garuda... and when it is a mob that really hits hard so that the avatar just lasts a few hits, we can still do it like liltrouble said, even if would take some time to kill the mob.

Btw my smn is still lvl 95 and my smning skill is abou 80 ~

I wonder if a avatar can be pertified? If so i would just use Titan for take out this problem even if would slow down the fight.
By MissSteph 2012-01-03 10:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sico said: »
I wonder if a avatar can be pertified? If so i would just use Titan for take out this problem even if would slow down the fight.

Kukulkan does terrorize, which does affect avatars/pets.
By Spira 2012-01-04 20:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be difficult.
Kukulkan cannot be straight tanked in glowing eyes mode (or forced to face away unlike players) due to the terrorize and although damage can be minimally reduced, poison tic will not and will eat your avatars slowly. You'd need to kite and where possible cannot face the mob or it might screw you over.
Ramuh and Leviathan may help against poison sticking but not by very much.

As for petrify, Garuda is more resistant than Titan, but both are still susceptible.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Sico
By Bahamut.Sico 2012-01-20 01:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloed Kutharei with Atma of the RR,DG and MC
was close when he did a move that took 99% of Garudas HP ....

Was fun and action fight :)
took about 15-20 min ~
used some meds like Hi Potion +1 (Convert), dust and luzid elixier.
Garuda PC did 1.5-3.3 dmg.

I´m still to lazy to farm pops for Kuku.....
 Phoenix.Tzol
user: Tzol
By Phoenix.Tzol 2012-02-14 13:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

A lil late but hey! Better late than never right?

Quick list of difficult solos (for me at least xD)
All time pop Caturae, most ICs and most chariots (haven't tried em all yet)
Glavoid, Mictantuahitl(sp I'm sure lol), Lacovie, Hadal, Turul, Kukulkan, Briareus, Ovni, Sobek, CC, Sedna, Durinn, ItzMoth, Smok, Awahando, Sisyphus, Bennu, Emperador de Altepa, Ningishzida, and Melo Melo.

Stuff outside Aby I don't really have much post-75 cap lol. A few ZNMs here and there at 75, but sine the cap raise and Empy stuff outside Aby is really rather easy. Been soloing through WotG without so much as breaking a sweat as SMN/SCH.

To answer an earlier question, Kukulkan takes time, but it is soloable. I went through three popsets before I finally won lol. Done it a couple times since as well. MM/MC/RR (Ramuh/Garuda) or Apoc Atma(Titan) as SMN/SCH. I used Titan the first time to try and be safe but I got adventurous the other times and used Ramuh and Garuda, worked out OK too. Key for solo'ing Kukulkan is knowing when to run, which is 90% of the time. It isn't about your avy avoiding or resisting petro like I thought, it about being able to stall him till it ends. Titan worked out fine since he lasted quite a while with the regen but the fight took close to an hour cause I hardly did any damage and he could spam TP moves.
Ramuh worked out the best with MM/RR/MC with Chaotic Strike, Lightning Armor and Shock Squall. If you're good with stuns you can stun his TP Moves which helps, but Lightning Armor is also kinda nice for the occasional stun so when Ramuh is petrified Kuku doesn't get TP QUITE as fast, let's you Chaotic inbetween TP moves. This one only took me about 20 minutes since Chaotic was doing 3-5k and I could actually use it when my timers were up, instead of being petrified. lol
Garuda was a little faster than Titan but slower than Ramuh as there was no way to prevent Petrification and she died alot quicker.
Should be noted I do have my +2 Head, Body and Hands so keeping up self buffs wasn't a problem and I never even dipped below 1.8kMP. Would prolly be OK to switch MM for DG or another Regen atma, I just like to have MM as a safety net.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [100 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Aoisa
By Sylph.Aoisa 2012-05-24 11:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Afraid I didn't have the forethought to record a video or take a picture, but back when they uncapped all of the CoP areas and mission BCs, I solo'd "One to be Feared" at 75.

Basically used Ramuh for Thunderspark on the mammets, and then Physical BPs on Omega and Ultima. My first run, I ended up running out of time on Ultima at about 4%, and my second run I ran low on MP and Carby died, so I cast Dia a second before he killed me, and the Dia in turn killed him and won me the BC. Quite probably my most proud moment of all my time in FFXI.

To all aspiring SMNs: You can be awesome. =)
 Bahamut.Glizdus
user: Gli2duS
By Bahamut.Glizdus 2012-06-06 16:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Equilibrium said: »
Bennu (Shiva)

how? my shiva got killed within 2min lol.
used MM/DG/RR. doubt if MC would change much.

soloed severer tho :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [158 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Wolfjorg
user: wolfjorgg
By Shiva.Wolfjorg 2012-11-11 23:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Svarbhanu is a pain in the ***, his hate is eradict, switching from avatar to person constanlty.

I got it now, when I started the fight, hate was everywhere, now it is under control.
 Phoenix.Tzol
By Phoenix.Tzol 2012-11-27 11:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Glizdus said: »
Shiva.Equilibrium said: »
Bennu (Shiva)

how? my shiva got killed within 2min lol.
used MM/DG/RR. doubt if MC would change much.

soloed severer tho :)

You'd be surprised how much MC helps. It doesn't help in clutch situations like a cure would to a player, but consistent 30/tick regen adds up alot over time. With something like DG active as well the regen has probably given you anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 of your avatar's HP back (depending on which avy) by the time it dies. Just gives you more time to run and resummon.

Some other fun things since this thread got revived, all caturae, chariots and IC, all ZBs save for freaking Amphitrite. Also did NQ Kings and a couple non-brew Shins.
By Aeyela 2012-11-27 11:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tzol said: »
You'd be surprised how much MC helps. It doesn't help in clutch situations like a cure would to a player, but consistent 30/tick regen adds up alot over time. With something like DG active as well the regen has probably given you anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 of your avatar's HP back (depending on which avy) by the time it dies. Just gives you more time to run and resummon.

Some other fun things since this thread got revived, all caturae, chariots and IC, all ZBs save for freaking Amphitrite. Also did NQ Kings and a couple non-brew Shins.

Am I misinterpreting this, or did you just say you soloed Shinryu on Summoner?

As for the first part, yes, completely. I would sooner drop Razed Ruins and take slightly longer to kill something than drop Mounted Champion. You'll still be dealing decent damage but Rush/Predator Claws/Spinning Dive/etc will just deal slightly less average damage.
 Fenrir.Kelyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2012-11-27 11:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anybody know when SE will implement the SMN Perfect defense gimp?

-or-

Did they already on the last update and I missed it?
By Aeyela 2012-11-27 11:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kelyn said: »
Does anybody know when SE will implement the SMN Perfect defense gimp?

-or-

Did they already on the last update and I missed it?

They haven't said but safe to assume it will be in the next version update.
 Phoenix.Tzol
By Phoenix.Tzol 2012-11-27 11:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Aeyela
Yup! Had every med in Aby cept for a brew and used almost every single one lol. I can't beat him consistently cause I have to get lucky with what TP moves he decides to use.

Edit: Redundant sentence is redundant.

2nd Edit: Since I'm about go to fail in LoL I'll clarify real quick. I've -never- solo'd Shinryu depending on my avatar. I had 5/5 Shattersoul and a relatively good SMN Melee set with DT sets and the like. Avy was there to keep me the hell alive, usually keeping Carby out for Favor Regen.
By Aeyela 2012-12-05 05:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Tzol said: »
@ Aeyela
Yup! Had every med in Aby cept for a brew and used almost every single one lol. I can't beat him consistently cause I have to get lucky with what TP moves he decides to use.

Edit: Redundant sentence is redundant.

2nd Edit: Since I'm about go to fail in LoL I'll clarify real quick. I've -never- solo'd Shinryu depending on my avatar. I had 5/5 Shattersoul and a relatively good SMN Melee set with DT sets and the like. Avy was there to keep me the hell alive, usually keeping Carby out for Favor Regen.

That is still really impressive. Me and my friend attempted to duo him on SMN x2, but unfortunately we did not kill him before timing out. I didn't have infobar so I can't be sure, but he was using <25% TP moves so we were close! We weren't in any danger of dying.

It was our first attempt and a few things slowed us down: firstly getting the hang of when not to blood pact so we don't heal him and also we didn't realise that you can still predator claws through mighty guard.

But hearing you meleed him down with the appropriate setup on Summoner is encouraging indeed!

Re: Indrik: I don't think this can be soloed. He is just too evasive, Garuda was defeated in about 4 minutes and all four Predator Claws missed. Her melee hits were not landing, I kept having to run to avoid getting swatted from the blood pact hate.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [156 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Masterdarkjedi
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Masterdarkjedi 2013-05-10 05:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Those that play smn as there main see this guide it has alot of info :P
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/23605-Summoner-solo-duo-small-group-vs-Abysea-NM-Compendium
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-17 06:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for posting the link :) hope you get to enjoy and add more to it. Perhaps in a year or so they will add more updates to SMN job and make it better. As for now - there is FF14 to look forward to. SoA has to be hands down the expansion that will bring down FF11 lol.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-07-14 09:44:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Since it got revived, anyone try soloing anything with the new sash that makes our pets level 113? List might grow bigger!
By Puppetmaster 2013-07-16 04:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Easily soloed Jailer of Hope and Jailer of Prudence on SMN with the level 113 sash