Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-17 11:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Haruhigumi said: »
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »
Merton is nice looking, but the fact that it will only be available under Tabula Rasa makes it hard to rave about.
Where do you get said "Fact"?

Dev team released info, about brave and merton being Tabla Rasa spells only.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-17 11:46:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Merton is nice looking, but the fact that it will only be available under Tabula Rasa makes it hard to rave about.

Straight from the DEVs, weeks ago when they announced this spell
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
Server: Leviathan
user: kbeezie
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 11:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that some weak sauce right there. Better be some serious power by behind either to only be able to use it once every 2 hours. Hehe.

Can they least give us Cure V and possibly Cure VI under the effect of Addendum: White?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-17 11:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that some weak sauce right there. Better be some serious power by behind either to only be able to use it once every 2 hours. Hehe.

Can they least give us Cure V and possibly Cure VI under the effect of Addendum: White?

same bloody thread
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 11:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well we could just get rid of the ffxiah forum, problem solved :D
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-17 12:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously though, use the Dev Tracker people, it's not hard! :P
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 12:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how log Merton can be used. If 70 or before, I can see a lot of people recommending this for the ssh LB5. But I bet its gone be a 90 ability (Which wasn't specified in the dev page).
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-17 12:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how log Merton can be used. If 70 or before, I can see a lot of people recommending this for the ssh LB5. But I bet its gone be a 90 ability (Which wasn't specified in the dev page).

It'll probably be 95.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kimora
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kimmy
By Quetzalcoatl.Kimora 2011-08-17 12:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a Lv5 spell
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-17 12:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It says usage level: 5 on the dev team post y'all linked
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 12:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said: »

Hrm I can see it now, some level 25 sch doing merton in a pinch against some quadavs in beadeaux. (though I imagine it'll only be as good as their dark skill level).
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-17 12:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking that "Usage Level 5" referred to only being available during Tabula Rasa, but that makes sense too!
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-17 12:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The initial damage of the spell looks BROKEN like woah....because those scorps (being hero level mobs) have pretty decent hp. The DoT looks to be about 1/4 that of the initial damage if not less. So it's kinda like a helix, but kinda not. But I'm fairly certain nobody expected its DoT damage to match its initial like helix spells...or did we? lol I sure didn't. That would be WAY too OP, even for 2h only.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 12:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The initial damage of the spell looks BROKEN like woah....because those scorps (being hero level mobs) have pretty decent hp. The DoT looks to be about 1/4 that of the initial damage if not less. So it's kinda like a helix, but kinda not. But I'm fairly certain nobody expected its DoT damage to match its initial like helix spells...or did we? lol I sure didn't. That would be WAY too OP, even for 2h only.

I'm leaning towards your initial guess, powerful initial with kind of a 'residual' DoT. If it was like a helix, matching the initial damage, it would be used against almost every zone boss.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-17 12:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh god I can see this sparking more debate... "Merton does so much damage a blm can't match..." "Ya... 2h only...and Meteor says hi." /facepalm Please people. Let's not go down this path.

Edit: And lets not short change the actual DoT of that Merton. Ya it looked like it did about 10%/tick, but thats 10% of a heroes level mob. Could be a couple hundred DoT.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-17 12:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh god I can see this sparking more debate... "Merton does so much damage a blm can't match..." "Ya... 2h only...and Meteor says hi." /facepalm Please people. Let's not go down this path.

I hope meteor is like Doomsday and hits friendly characters too. It would be so epic.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 12:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope meteor is like Doomsday and hits friendly characters too. It would be so epic.

"I'm casting Meteor, everyone move your ***"
"Move IT! <call>"
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-17 12:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well they did say Meteor will come "with a price". So the blm might die, or friendly fire, might happen. I'd macro "/p GET YOUR MDT GEAR ON NOW!" before casting that crap lol.
 Hades.Medjai
Server: Hades
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2011-08-17 12:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

"I'm casting Meteor, everyone move your ***"
"Move IT! <call>"
Well they did say Meteor will come "with a price". So the blm might die, or friendly fire, might happen. I'd macro "/p GET YOUR MDT GEAR ON NOW!" before casting that crap lol.
yaay for having PT macros agian!!! means teamwork!!!! ahhh memories of trying to SC/MB distortion/freeze lol
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 12:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The only issue I have with SCH's being power houses with Stratagems up, is the fact that Strats are still on a fairly long timer if you're spamming them. 48 seconds between strat charges is definitely an issue if you're a main healer.

I'm still hoping for a JA that either speeds up strat charge or a JA with an ability that maybe gives you a chance to keep the strat even after using it up.

We'll see I guess.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 12:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said: »
The only issue I have with SCH's being power houses with Stratagems up, is the fact that Strats are still on a fairly long timer if you're spamming them. 48 seconds between strat charges is definitely an issue if you're a main healer.

I'm still hoping for a JA that either speeds up strat charge or a JA with an ability that maybe gives you a chance to keep the strat even after using it up.

We'll see I guess.
Well I know you get 5 charges at level 85, so I'm hoping you get least 6 at 95. Maybe with a 0:30 recycle? But yes when you're spamming the crap out of it, 0:48 can be a long time. Usually why I don't combine stratagems that often.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 12:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll see I guess.
Well I know you get 5 charges at level 85, so I'm hoping you get least 6 at 95. Maybe with a 0:30 recycle? But yes when you're spamming the crap out of it, 0:48 can be a long time. Usually why I don't combine stratagems that often.

See that bothers me... I know there needs to be balance, but SCH is about using stratagems strategically... but you kinda can't when you're waiting between strats.

I dunno, there'd need to be balance, but I really hope SCH gets something that lets them stay in high octane healing/DDing mode for longer.

a JA that refunds strats wouldn't be bad either.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-17 12:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

wow.. this is really good, on top of that with lots od DoT dmg at the end, however it seems that is only under the effect of 2hrs, as they stated on jobs manifesto thread
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 12:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll see I guess.

See that bothers me... I know there needs to be balance, but SCH is about using stratagems strategically... but you kinda can't when you're waiting between strats.

I dunno, there'd need to be balance, but I really hope SCH gets something that lets them stay in high octane healing/DDing mode for longer.

a JA that refunds strats wouldn't be bad either.

Well you don't really need a JA for it. Tabula Rusa resets the stratagem charges after it wears off so you're back to a full basket after which.

Edit: I wouldn't mind seeing a Stratagem Atmas, as you normally only feel inadaquent within Abyssea.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-17 12:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said: »
wow.. this is really good, on top of that with lots od DoT dmg at the end, however it seems that is only under the effect of 2hrs, as they stated on jobs manifesto thread

Grats on restating what's already been said in this thread in the inquisitive style of someone revealing something completely new.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 12:37:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats on restating what's already been said in this thread in the inquisitive style of someone revealing something completely new.

You're gone drive yourself insane if you keep getting hung up on the inevitable.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-17 12:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You're gone drive yourself insane if you keep getting hung up on the inevitable.

Wayyy to late for that, majoring in math already did it for me.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-08-17 12:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, SCH will be able to cast these beast spells with 2hr. BLU can do multiple skill chains in a moments notice with their 2hr... yet THF still only has 30 seconds of being able to avoid hits, not even magical protection during that time. At least Invincible is on a 1 minute timer.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 12:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They should change the THF 2hr to put a really strong TH effect on or something.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 12:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
lol, SCH will be able to cast these beast spells with 2hr. BLU can do multiple skill chains in a moments notice with their 2hr... yet THF still only has 30 seconds of being able to avoid hits, not even magical protection during that time. At least Invincible is on a 1 minute timer.

:P Thieves are sneaky, they should know how to get 'out' of a situation, also there's flee. But to be honest, I see thieves as being evasion tanks, so perfect dodge seems appropriate. Disclaimer, the highest I ever gotten thief job to was 30...