Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SCH {fun}
SCH {fun}
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-26 17:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

No I was just saying it might not be THAT easy on sch, as opposed to blm lol.. blm getting stronger nukes, different nuke spells (like you can cycle more..say ice spells cuz you have -ga3 and -ja) and stuff like that... lol
 Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-26 17:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't referring to you.

Regardless, its a trivially easy kill using my strategy. Worst case scenario, you have to let it idle one more time than BLM, and I'm still fairly confident that SCH is equal or better to BLM against this particular target.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-09-26 17:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodu topicbanned. Work on that attitude if you want to continue posting.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-09-26 17:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
I have posted this a few times, but this was while doing my ice trial staff, so using a fully made varuna's staff +2 nowadays along with proper atmas we could probably expect a lot more:
Done with just hailstorm, ascetic's tonic, and klimaform. Was not ice day. Valmur was just there leeching on his nin for the lulz.

Imagine if I opened with Water V, and managed to use Ebullience on my final nuke :3

needless to say it does take timing though
what hands and legs you use? atmas as well, your using obis and twilight cape? cause 5558 dmg is very low for a magic burst, i pulled this numbers with no meds but ebullience/klimaform, mm beyond/ultimate,no magician staff

Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-26 17:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said: »
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
I have posted this a few times, but this was while doing my ice trial staff, so using a fully made varuna's staff +2 nowadays along with proper atmas we could probably expect a lot more:
Done with just hailstorm, ascetic's tonic, and klimaform. Was not ice day. Valmur was just there leeching on his nin for the lulz.

Imagine if I opened with Water V, and managed to use Ebullience on my final nuke :3

needless to say it does take timing though
what hands and legs you use? atmas as well, your using obis and twilight cape? cause 5558 dmg is very low for a magic burst, i pulled this numbers with no meds but ebullience/klimaform, mm beyond/ultimate,no magician staff

whoosh?
I was in the middle of making my incomplete ice staff with incomplete gear sets way back in february, also the blizzard IV and blizzard III was without the use of ebullience
That's cute you went to la theine to try and outdo a picture I made over 6 months ago though only to fail :(
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-09-26 18:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i was not trying to do that, i tho u used ebullience sorry
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-26 18:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't think wasps are a good indicator of anything, honestly >_<
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-26 18:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
I wouldn't think wasps are a good indicator of anything, honestly >_<
I never claimed them to be, I just posted it for
wait
wait
wait for it
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttt ffffffffffooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr itttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-26 18:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No, i get why you posted wolf lol.. i was moreso referring to emanuelle's "counter post"....saying your dmg was low or something
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-09-26 18:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

How good are those new SCH spells while under Tabula Rasa? Kaustra and Embrava I think? I'm very interested in seeing how Scholar is evolving over the months or so I won't really be playing, with other games eating up all the Free-time I have that doesn't involve other people.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-26 18:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I see
As you were then
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-26 18:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
How good are those new SCH spells while under Tabula Rasa? Kaustra and Embrava I think? I'm very interested in seeing how Scholar is evolving over the months or so I won't really be playing, with other games eating up all the Free-time I have that doesn't involve other people.
They're pretty nice, but generally not worth putting a sch in the party slot over a DD, embrava can be cast outside alliance and kaustra isn't as much damage as a zerg-buffed war or something. But they're nice for funsies
 Phoenix.Eckeward
Server: Phoenix
user: eckeward
By Phoenix.Eckeward 2011-09-26 18:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »
Phoenix.Eckeward said: »
Melo-Melo solo
I've done it before on SCH80/85 using dots/nukes and Desert Boots, but,..

First Kaustra lasted 20 seconds. (It deaggroed)
Second Kaustra lasted 32 seconds. (Wore off due to it being dead)

58 second solo, I thought that was worthy of uploading :)

Ascetic's Gambir + MM/Beyond/Baying Moon + Ebullience
Staff; Dark Affinity: Damage+3
INT: 240 _ MAB+133

question what was the intial dmg of kaustra, been thinking of doing the dark dmg staff just for kaustra solo.

{Ummm} There's a screenshot...click on it to expand it.
3,949 damage :)

fail quality \^^/
 Phoenix.Eckeward
By Phoenix.Eckeward 2011-09-26 19:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Today I learnt about the awesomeness of SCH AF3 boots.

I was taking a walk in Abyssea - Grauberg enjoying Iceday when I began to suffer from crabs,... the Glen Crabs,... so I dealt with them.

I should apologize for my imperfect gear including only AF3+1 boots and lack of Atma of the Ultimate.
Maybe I can get some proper damage one day, until then, this will have to do.
[+]
 Sylph.Katalsar
Server: Sylph
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2011-09-26 20:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted this a while ago doing trials myself same ***on wvyerns @ 85 cap. however w/ Ebu, and klima
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-09-26 20:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

and the following Magic Burst

I know, not all that impressive, especially considering the monster, but it was still fun to Skillchain and MB with a helix that scored a four-digit.
 Sylph.Katalsar
Server: Sylph
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2011-09-26 20:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm loving the number i see from people though that MagicBurst for 11390 is *** nice too gs!
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-26 20:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i posted this in the other thread, i was 92 at the time, and the mobs were already built up (5 star difficulty)

Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-26 20:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice helix Yuna...but did Modus Veritas stick? :P
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-26 20:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, i really dont have that much difficulty landing modus on much of anything besides T4 voidwatch NMs, but then again, i have my spellcast set to wear full macc gear when i use modus, i dont know for sure if macc affects it, but i do it anyways just in case (its not like it hurts)
 Phoenix.Eckeward
By Phoenix.Eckeward 2011-09-26 21:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice screenshots :D
I think you might be right about Magic Accuracy, I hadn't landed one for ages until today.

Next Iceday, remind me to MB it, and on something easy. xD

I could make a longer SC with a staff for an extra 3.8% damage,... {Hmmm}

I learnt this trick with Ascetic's Tonic and Klimaform (because they won't stack).
You use an Ascetic's Tonic, then cancel the magic accuracy it gives you, but keep the Magic Attack(MAB+25), now you can cast Klimaform and get a 10% boost from your AF3 feet (That's a pure 10% boost, not MAB+10. In other words your 6k nukes now do 600 more damage)
Phoenix.Eckeward said: »
Today I learnt about the awesomeness of SCH AF3 boots.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-26 21:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought they kinda nerfed Modus a lot Yuna..if you can land it reliably, thats great then ^^
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-26 21:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

they did, i went with another sch to test a batch with modus, was trying to get 50 mobs worth of testing for with and without macc gear, and i swear we spent like 4 hours trying to find something that would resist it without macc and well, we failed horribly since everything we tested on modus stuck.

i've had landed modus on the T4 vwnm a good number of times, its just really frustrating though since it feels like a 40% land rate on them and you only get 2 chances to land it before time runs out. i made a big complaint on the official forums and even had a Mod come in and looked into it, its probably why they said they were changing the cool down timer on it some time in the future.
By Untouchablevoid 2011-09-27 08:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Crap, I gotta get my SCH from 90 to 95 and get working on the rest of that AF3 set. This looks awesome! Really excited to jump back on it and try out Kaustra and Embrava for myself. Thanks for making this thread!
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-27 15:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

bliz 5 is so brutal lol, even with using a HQ staff it beats the crap out of my magian aero 5, damn near double the damage.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Eckeward
By Phoenix.Eckeward 2011-10-31 15:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Some {fun} for the scholar forums
Playing around on the test server:

I wondered whether it would work. Yes, yes it does.

That killed it :D about 11-12% of it's hp every 10 seconds. But he's immune to Modus Veritas ("No effect"). (That's a helix on the test server @ set 90sec duration plus 16% damage being level95, also iceday)
The good thing about dots is, if you land them, then you can sit back and watch and not worry about getting damage absorbed.

But this one's my favourite :)

Cermet Chunk!!!
[+]
 Asura.Baroma
Server: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2011-11-04 03:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Say i am duoing with another mage, Can he open with Water and i close with immanence Bliz for the SC? or does the water spell also have to be immanence-d?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-11-04 03:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Baroma said: »
Say i am duoing with another mage, Can he open with Water and i close with immanence Bliz for the SC? or does the water spell also have to be immanence-d?

Pretty sure the first and second spells have to have Immanence to take on their skillchain properties, but I haven't played in months.
[+]
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2011-11-04 03:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Asura.Baroma said: »

Pretty sure the first and second spells have to have Immanence to take on their skillchain properties, but I haven't played in months.

Thanks for the quick response. I was hoping it could work, just to save even more MP lol. plus it would be fun to play as a duo. almost like a magic alley oop.
 Asura.Alkimi
user: Alkimi
By Asura.Alkimi 2011-11-04 04:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not done it for years so soloed NW Apollyon on SCH. Watching Kaiser Behemoth die to Kaustra DoT in about 2 minutes was amusing!

Also:

Was at lvl90 I think, could do slightly better now.