Sleep Duration Halved On Some Monsters/ares, Have Fun BLM/RDM :]

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sleep duration halved on some monsters/ares, have fun BLM/RDM :]
Sleep duration halved on some monsters/ares, have fun BLM/RDM :]
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-14 08:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
My sleeping has personally been fine

On what mobs/area ?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-14 08:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It was fine in Assault and fine in Limbus. Haven't tried anything else other than miscellaneous monsters asides those two events. Both occasions I was sleeping on Red Mage, though, with Sleep 2.
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-04-14 08:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Styxriver said:
Basilo said:
I have not noticed any difference in the duration of sleep1/2 sleepga 1/2 in ToAU areas on vt or inc tough lamia. Nor did i notice any difference on duration of sleeps in dynamis bastok last night.

Try casting it, then. ~.~

I fail to understand what you mean by this.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-14 08:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Which limbus did you do ? Maybe it differs according to the Limbus area. Mine was NW Apollyon. I'll test on SW as soon as I can.

As for Assault, I think ToAU instanced area ain't affected, since so far Salvage/Nyzul been confirmed working fine.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-14 08:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Temenos North. I'm sadder about Plaited Cord not dropping than I am Sleep not working. ;;
 Diabolos.Aphy
Server: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-04-14 08:53:31
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
It was fine in Assault and fine in Limbus. Haven't tried anything else other than miscellaneous monsters asides those two events. Both occasions I was sleeping on Red Mage, though, with Sleep 2.

I second this, as main rdm ive noticed No problems sleeping things. In limbus even, thats where we first tested, both me and my second hand rdm in the ls had np sleeping it. I did hear that one of our new cors said he had problems but I think thats cause his acc on shots stink.

Another rdm in the ls said he noticed but when tested for me, he was fine. Corse he was lacking duelist hat and some other enfeeb gear myself and my second hand rdm have but otherwise it seems fine for us.

Also tested with my blm and all my enfeeb gear, saw no difference with sleep times. *shrugs* maybe you all got unlucky
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-14 08:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tried on UFO, no issue, but well these ain't really "NM" even if they're impossible to gauge.

Quote:
Also tested with my blm and all my enfeeb gear, saw no difference with sleep times. *shrugs* maybe you all got unlucky

Or SE ninja changed it lol. Now even if GM is aware of that it means that some change have been made, it's not just "unlucky players". Going up in arms now, I'll see if it sticks.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-14 08:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't believe that GM knew what they were talking about.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-14 09:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
I still don't believe that GM knew what they were talking about.

Well he's not alone, read BG :< Lot of player confirmed this, faf, ouryu, limbus etc :p
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-14 09:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not referring to this actually happening, I'm talking about the GM knowing they changed Sleep. "It's working exactly as intended" is what a GM told me when I and my linkshell couldn't zone into Ru'Hmet, lol.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-14 09:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
I'm not referring to this actually happening, I'm talking about the GM knowing they changed Sleep. "It's working exactly as intended" is what a GM told me when I and my linkshell couldn't zone into Ru'Hmet, lol.

I mean he just didn't only say "working as intended" (that's the GM way to say you GTFO in fact lol), but we are thinking of reverting this and pointing out that changed has been made :s Now yeah I know that GM ain't devs, so they hardly know this about game mechanisms anyway :x I'm sure some of them would get stuck in dunes :s
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-14 09:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just too used to GM's saying what they think we want to hear to trust them. =(
 Siren.Bungie
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-04-14 09:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i hope faf is effected, tired of wash up ls's sleeping it more than 5 times.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-14 10:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did Up in Arms, no issue, sleep full duration, so gotta wait next limbus to see if SE fixed this or not just to be sure :)

Edit : Come to think of it I've confirmed sleep resistance on these monsters : Pluto (Doomed), Bardha (Ghosts), Brummer (Gnats), Tartalo (Ahriman), Count Mumur (Demon).

Notice how all these mobs family are somewhat either : Magic resistant (MDB), Dark magic resistant, sleep resistant and/or BLM mobs... That would explain why some mobs ain't affected at all, while some are, regardless of the area.

I had no resist in Salvage because I only slept archaic machinery, and these ain't BLM type, neither resist dark magic, neither have MDB.

Edit 2 : Ok confirmed this is working by monster family regardless if the monster is a NM or not, regarless of the area. Just tried to sleep an Evil Eye in Xar (TW mob please), duration : halved. Etemmu : Halved. Demon Pawn : full duration. Can add fomor to the list, duration halved.
 Siren.Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-04-14 10:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

brothers enm seems effected.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-14 11:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll check in Uleguerand see if regular Tauri are affected.

Edit : Tauri still sleep full duration, so that prolly affect brothers only, I hope tauri in tav won't be affected :d
 Siren.Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-04-14 11:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure its all NM, the non NM u testing on, are u using ES?
 Siren.Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-04-14 11:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like the witch sash bc gonna get owned on blm burning
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-14 11:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bungie said:
pretty sure its all NM, the non NM u testing on, are u using ES?

Yeah off course.

294 Enfeebling, 11 MaCC, 111INT, Pluto's Staff. I mean If sleep doesn't last full duration on TW with this, then *** it lol. If you can just OP to xar, sleep the first ahriman you see, then sleep the first ghost you see, and give me some feedback :o Maybe my taru is cursed :[

I slept fomor for almost a year, soloing Apollyon SW, I never EVER had a single sleep duration halved, now I just zone in Miseraux, ES Sleepga II a group of fomor, all sleep are halved... Something obviously changed. Fomor never been resistant to sleep, only dark magic, but sleep was always fine.
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-04-14 12:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
You know, before finding out anything about this "adjustment" to the game post update, I did Apollyon NW with my limbus LS manaburn style. And I noticed the difference in my bind/sleep and I just thought it was me... And my BLMs were hurting on time and hMP because of this update. SE obviously didn't think this through at all... Having the sleep spells at their true potential is sometimes not enough time and now they reduced it. =(

I've read somewhere that Elegy is now nearly impossible to land on Omega. Omega week is going to be interesting... >.>;
 Siren.Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-04-14 13:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

omega is a ***, dont even need elegy
 Leviathan.Shadowflame
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Shadowflame 2009-04-14 13:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I see more than enough people mentioning just getting more sleepers but what about the mobs that increase their resistance to a spell by how many times it's casted on them...
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2009-04-14 13:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, you misunderstood me, which is completely understandable since I was so vague. The fight isn't that tough anyways, but it's going to piss me off to no end when I can't land Elegy (even with CHR studes and Threnody).

My gear isn't awesome since I don't have time to pursue AF2 or Salvage gear, but I've put more effort into my gear than the average BRD. Once I start seeing all the *** resists, I know I'm going to be tempted to sell off of my BRD's gear. What's the point of having decent-good gear if some non75 BRD in lousy gear has the same 5% chance of landing songs that I have as a decently geared and merited BRD?
 Diabolos.Aphy
Server: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-04-14 15:59:28
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so if all this stuff is unaffected by ppl testing it, that means its not broke! Holy cow!

In all seriousness maybe SE made the brothers ENM harder, the rdm's sleeping faf are just gimp, sry :x He is an HNM afterall and I know some of u are like "so" with the hnm but ud be surprised how many rdm's think they are gods in gimp :D
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-14 16:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Aphy said:
Ok so if all this stuff is unaffected by ppl testing it, that means its not broke! Holy cow!

In all seriousness maybe SE made the brothers ENM harder, the rdm's sleeping faf are just gimp, sry :x He is an HNM afterall and I know some of u are like "so" with the hnm but ud be surprised how many rdm's think they are gods in gimp :D

Man a BLM can use ES Sleep just fine on Fafnir with full duration, so I'd like you to explain me how a RDM using ES can fail, I'd like to hear you theory.

Here some facts : Base Enfeebling of RDM : 276. We'll just add 15 to this because even shitty RDM have their AF body. We're already at 291 which is most of whats some BLM have. (294 myself (could go up to 30x) but lot of BLM with less enfeebling can sleep fafnir just fine).

Now did you test it yourself before posting ? I mean go OP to xar, sleep an ahriman and a ghost, fraps it and come posting. Takes 5min.
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-04-14 16:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got out of Dynamis-Xarc and unless we got really unlucky its true about sleep is harder to land.

My Sleep set

It is not perfect I know, but used to never miss a beat, capped duration on everything.

This run it was about 50-50 if our blm could even land sleep and I was ~75-90%%.

Duration was a little variable, lots of mobs stay slept for the 60/90sec duration, some would wake in about 10secs.

As far as I can see this isnt a fixed reduction in the duration (as some have sugegsted). They have made it harder to land the spell, which means it is impossible to 'account' for, or just plan for the reduction.
 Gilgamesh.Raulin
Server: Gilgamesh
user: raulin
By Gilgamesh.Raulin 2009-04-14 16:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

sunday was see a unbelieble thing in dynamis bastok some sleepega 2 resisted from tourttles.
i waqs rdm and sleepega got few problems surely for enfeebling skill so see in dark wheater x2 a sleepega 2 resist 2 or 3 times was crazy but dunno or not sure if is nerfed sleepega
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-14 16:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

Now what ? Duration is exactly halved. My 45sec warning just popped right when the mobs woke up. I took on purpose the ghost and the ahriman together.
 Ramuh.Stryyker
Server: Ramuh
user: Stryyker
By Ramuh.Stryyker 2009-04-14 17:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes I truly wonder if SE apprciates its customer base...Or hell just wants our money but no service.
<Feels Dirty>
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-04-14 20:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how you al consider this just a blm and sleep problem. Read BG or do some testing yourself its much much bigger then that. Half dmg nukes half duration on all debuffs. And i like how one guys says not on normal mobs or people say seems like and everyone accepts it. Ive done some early testing. ES sleep2 with 307 enfeebling magic (sorry was on blm ill do more on rdm) and over 100 int and 6 macc on bats in qufim 45sec ever time. Poison on leeches 1 min. Swap spells/mobs yay full duration. Nuke leech with water 1/2 and sometimes 1/4 dmg. Nuke bat with it full dmg...As far as limbus didnt really have time to test duration but most the mobs that werent super resistant to certain nukes before werent now (NW only so far). Though faffles seemed to take even less dmg from fire lol n00bies.
As far as working as intended thats GM code for i dont know a thing about this game but our computes say no errors. It doesn't mean someone didn't *** something up in the update just means its running like written. Heres my GM conversation with one that actually plays the game amazing huh?

User submitted image
User submitted image
User submitted image

So looks like its being looked into yay. This is kinda rediculous though. It in one fell swoop makes most the gear ive been gathering to do the really hard stuff, yes sometimes solo, useless. New strategy just throw more melees and healers at everything!!!