Sleep Duration Halved On Some Monsters/ares, Have Fun BLM/RDM :]

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sleep duration halved on some monsters/ares, have fun BLM/RDM :]
Sleep duration halved on some monsters/ares, have fun BLM/RDM :]
First Page 2 3 4 5
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-13 13:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Mahorosama said:
Do we still have the 1.5 million players to organize?

We never had 1.5M :o

Say 10k per server (I think that's waaaaay over estimating, at least on Fairy, I never see more than 5kish online at any given moment) times 32 servers...320k peeps. Still think it's futile though...
 Bismarck.Brotz
Server: Bismarck
user: Brotz
By Bismarck.Brotz 2009-04-13 14:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

just cancel accounts for a month they will get the drift
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-13 14:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Brotz said:
just cancel accounts for a month they will get the drift

Doubt it...
 Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-04-13 14:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ill test sleep durations on inc tough / vt lamia for 5-6 hours see if anything has changed. One thing is for sure though ACP body with fast cast + loq earring + r pumps + blm/rdm = win. Never buffed so fast before :Q....
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-04-13 14:44:37
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Did CoP 4-2 last night, Sleep duration was halved for the entire fight.
 Valefor.Ghuda
Server: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-04-13 14:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure is alot of butthurt in this thread.

Lol at those of you calling for a boycott/strike/whatever.

I do think it very odd that SE left out this change from all the released info, maybe they were hoping no one would notice :P
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-13 14:51:51

I'm not implying this to any of the posters on this thread, but I find it funny how whenever SE makes a big update, a good number of people whine, *** and moan about how SE is making it too easy and more and more like WoW.

Then when SE goes and adjusts things to make things more difficult, people freak out.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-13 14:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well SE *** up sleep is a bad thing, those mobs that need to be slept can cause a wipe too, they cause chaos! SE can die for causing headaches from the last update
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-04-13 14:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I'm not implying this to any of the posters on this thread, but I find it funny how whenever SE makes a big update, a good number of people whine, *** and moan about how SE is making it too easy and more and more like WoW.

Then when SE goes and adjusts things to make things more difficult, people freak out.

It's one thing to add challenge, it's another thing to completely handicap a job. This really does a number on BLM soloing and hurts everyone in situations where Sleepga spells are near-vital to success. If cutting the duration of sleep spells in specific situations had a positive effect on job balance, I would be ok with it. But it doesn't. This is a sweeping change that affects a number of jobs in ways they really didn't need.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-13 15:00:49

I'm not passing judgment especially since I'm not too clear on the circumstance or the handicap in comparison to light based sleeps such as Lullaby, Light Shot and Repose.

However, if I'm not mistaken, it would seem the inhibited effect of sleep applies only to specific instances/battles/mobs. I'm sure if it really is an issue it'll be cleared up within the week, otherwise we'll just simply have to adjust ourselves to it.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-04-13 15:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this SE answer to help BLM?
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-13 15:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:

It doesn't add any challenge, you'll need 2 sleepers where one was enough before that's it. Sleep duration remains constant and predictable.

Meaning you can always have someone (or dual box) to "sleep-lock" monsters you wanna sleep lock. If dynamis is affected, same stuff, have a couple more BLM. Challenge would be to extend duration of sleep from 90 seconds to 90~120 seconds (random 30 seconds window). This would add challenge because sleep duration would become unpredictable, forcing you to {Focus} for re-sleeping, meaning reflexes of players will matter = skill/challenge or w/e you call it.

Pressing my sleepga II macro every 41.00 seconds instead of 86.00 seconds won't makes this game "harder".
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-04-13 15:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
No idea for dynamis yet, my dynamis shell on holidays, well any RDM or BLM can try out, just ESeal sleep, and measure duration.

As RDM75/BLM37 i have not noticed any difference in this. saying that i wasnt really timming my sleeps. but i normally Sleepga then Sleep II mobs we take on last
 Remora.Kailei
Server: Remora
user: Kailei
By Remora.Kailei 2009-04-13 19:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

SE Manager: We have an issue, people are having difficulty getting into Dynamis areas now that we made it cheaper. Everybody wants to do the same dynamis at the same time and fights are breaking out.
Employee1: Can we instance it? That would solve the problem.
Manager: Too much programming. Most of our programmers are already busy with the 'musical bell' thing, we can't spare the staff.
Employee2: How about we break sleep, and make dynamis just way more hard, so they lose a buttload of XP, and stop going? If we break sleep the black mages and bards will go on strike, and nobody will do dynamis.
Manager: Sounds like a plan. It would only take one programmer about twenty minutes to break sleep. Let's do that.
 Ifrit.Kalix
Server: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-04-13 23:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre said:
Artemicion said:

It's one thing to add challenge, it's another thing to completely handicap a job. This really does a number on BLM soloing and hurts everyone in situations where Sleepga spells are near-vital to success. If cutting the duration of sleep spells in specific situations had a positive effect on job balance, I would be ok with it. But it doesn't. This is a sweeping change that affects a number of jobs in ways they really didn't need.

Such as the first Ranged update so many years ago? When all the Blms LOL'd @ Rngs because the first update handicapped them severely? Sure, SE added more updates later on that brought the balance back, but it took a while.

How much endgame is dominated by Blms? How many events people shout for are "Blm only, melee no thanks"? Players have always been over reliant and lazy due to the "toss a ton of Blms at it" strategy. I think this is a good thing, maybe people will finally be more inventive again.

Now, don't think I'm bashing all Blms just cause I hate the job. I think SE really needs to work out a way to figure Blm more equally into the merit systems that are in place(leveling 50+ with a party is almost unheard of now from what my friends tell me.)

Overall, take it with a grain of salt. Make your suggestion/comment to SE and pray they revise this change. If not, you'll just have to adjust like Rangers did (no more major melee and ranged at the same time.)
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-13 23:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how you take this to the "BLM" level. If I can't sleep properly, the first one affected won't be me (or any BLM), but you (non BLMs ~ sleepers), because mobs will rape you lol. I'm fine staying back line job, SS, Blink and reraise on, when 10 mobs will hit you at once, you'll be the one using /ls and whining asking why nobody slept these :]

Protip : sleepers don't work for themselves, but for others.

Quote:
How much endgame is dominated by Blms? How many events people shout for are "Blm only, melee no thanks"? Players have always been over reliant and lazy due to the "toss a ton of Blms at it" strategy. I think this is a good thing, maybe people will finally be more inventive again.

This update won't change this. As soon as you have 2 or more BLM, on things like BCNM or even fully burned limbus, you're fine. We will just have to use sleep rotation, meaning 1 BLM will sleep while others rest. In which event you heard BLM only really ? Beside some KSNM and DM, this doesn't exist anymore. And good news, Sleepga @ 45 seconds is enough to take down ODS etc...

BLM will be ever more needed, because where you could do stuff with 1 BLM taking care of Sleepga II, you'll need at least two BLM to enable the first one resting if needed. Meanin less room for others jobs when Sleepga II is needed. (and since Sleepga duration is now 30 seconds on some mobs, this is gonna be hard for RDM to handle sleep and buffs/cure...), meaning backup sleeper needed.
 Fairy.Rikhu
user: Rikhu
By Fairy.Rikhu 2009-04-13 23:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh nuu... i thought my sleep not stick on some mobs, so this is the cause. Thanks for sharing this info.
 Bahamut.Kctempest
Server: Bahamut
user: kctempest
By Bahamut.Kctempest 2009-04-14 00:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have also noticed that my Lullabies are not sticking very often on collibris after the update.
Anyone else also notice this?
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-04-14 01:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kailei said:
SE Manager: We have an issue, people are having difficulty getting into Dynamis areas now that we made it cheaper. Everybody wants to do the same dynamis at the same time and fights are breaking out.
Employee1: Can we instance it? That would solve the problem.
Manager: Too much programming. Most of our programmers are already busy with the 'musical bell' thing, we can't spare the staff.
Employee2: How about we break sleep, and make dynamis just way more hard, so they lose a buttload of XP, and stop going? If we break sleep the black mages and bards will go on strike, and nobody will do dynamis.
Manager: Sounds like a plan. It would only take one programmer about twenty minutes to break sleep. Let's do that.

lololol I can just see a room full of programmers in cubicles working for months on the "bell thing".
 Fenrir.Havster
Server: Fenrir
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2009-04-14 04:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
I love how you take this to the "BLM" level. If I can't sleep properly, the first one affected won't be me (or any BLM), but you (non BLMs ~ sleepers), because mobs will rape you lol. I'm fine staying back line job, SS, Blink and reraise on, when 10 mobs will hit you at once, you'll be the one using /ls and whining asking why nobody slept these :]

Great answer lol.

You honestly think I will mind if my sleeps last less time? I'll recast it np if I can or a fellow sleeper will. But it wont be the sleepers getting smashed to pieces because of this.

And if it IS (I.e. Vokers etc decide not to voke) then the melee will soon follow.

This really does hurt everyone potentially.
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-04-14 05:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, before finding out anything about this "adjustment" to the game post update, I did Apollyon NW with my limbus LS manaburn style. And I noticed the difference in my bind/sleep and I just thought it was me... And my BLMs were hurting on time and hMP because of this update. SE obviously didn't think this through at all... Having the sleep spells at their true potential is sometimes not enough time and now they reduced it. =(
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-04-14 06:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika brings up great points, but I'd like to just mention the irony of buffing RDM and WHM and essentially nerfing BLM, BRD, and BLU (maybe COR if Light Shot is affected), jobs that didn't need any sort of setback. Yes, I'm aware that RDM and WHM can sleep, as well, but in Dyna, BLM is always sleeping, BLU sleeps in Nyzul/low-man stuff, and BRD sleeps in EXP/merit parties.

*also upset about the Bludgeon re-nerf*
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-04-14 07:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Kael said:
Wooooodum said:
Kael said:
RAWR! /em changes into the hulk.

*nods to Kael*

That's how we all feel. ;-;

I guess its not so bad since now I can just stomp around crushing everything in my path.

Pro tip: If you see a giant green naked Taru heading toward you yelling incoherently about sleep durations, you might want to use your warp cudgel.

wouldn't that be called a galka?
 Gilgamesh.Genzaik
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Genzaik
By Gilgamesh.Genzaik 2009-04-14 07:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
BLM will be ever more needed, because where you could do stuff with 1 BLM taking care of Sleepga II, you'll need at least two BLM

Or we'll see new tactics less depending on, or totally excluding sleep.
 Lakshmi.Premium
Server: Lakshmi
user:
By Lakshmi.Premium 2009-04-14 07:43:48

God damn SE, DAMN YOU!
 Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2009-04-14 08:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have not noticed any difference in the duration of sleep1/2 sleepga 1/2 in ToAU areas on vt or inc tough lamia. Nor did i notice any difference on duration of sleeps in dynamis bastok last night.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-14 08:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Basilo said:
I have not noticed any difference in the duration of sleep1/2 sleepga 1/2 in ToAU areas on vt or inc tough lamia. Nor did i notice any difference on duration of sleeps in dynamis bastok last night.

I tried on VT/IT in toau and non toau areas, not affected yeah. My guess is only monsters checking {Impossible to gauge} + specific area. Outside area are concerned since Fafnir resist. Some Missions fights are because Ouryu resist.

As for dynamis I have few player saying they didn't "notice" any difference, but they're not sure (aka they didn't time their sleep properly).
 Titan.Styxriver
Server: Titan
user: StyxRiver
By Titan.Styxriver 2009-04-14 08:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Basilo said:

Try casting it, then. ~.~
 Valefor.Dhantesu
Server: Valefor
user: Dhantesu
By Valefor.Dhantesu 2009-04-14 08:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what really pisses me off, They didn't just out right say they Adjusted Sleep/Sleepga. This "Some fights were adjusted" is a bunch of ***.

SE Developers>> OOOoo let them explore Vanadiel's marvelous new Missions!! Also They can get New Amazing Armor!!!!.... oh yeah and we made some "adjustments".

yeah right...
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-14 08:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing it was unintentional and unnoticed and it only seems to affect people on a completely random scale. My sleeping has personally been fine, but I haven't done Dynamis since the update because our linkshell is on a break for Easter. I don't believe for a second that that GM knows for sure whether they changed Sleep. Seems kind of hard to believe they would without even mentioning it; and every time I've asked or seen people asking GM's game based questions, they always say "It's working exactly as intended" when it clearly isn't.

I suppose we'll find out sooner or later, but I know I wouldn't be overly surprised to see an emergency maintenance fix this.